• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I also hope it's a sequel, I just kinda assumed that it was a CTR remaster because of the way people are talking about it.

D

Deleted member

The Spyro remaster I doubt will make it onto the Nintendo Switch, considering how massive the game was to the point where it required a digital download for two of the games, but a CTR remake would most likely be a cinch.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Incidentally, I had this exact thought.

Also, this place was CrashBoards again a few hours ago...
I hope so.
Aside from I would rather have a new Crash Bandicoot racing game with a compilation of Racetracks from CTR and Nitro Kart. and a few new ones.

The Spyro remaster I doubt will make it onto the Nintendo Switch, considering how massive the game was to the point where it required a digital download for two of the games, but a CTR remake would most likely be a cinch.
Which is why Toys For Bob said they want to build the switch version after the glitches are fixed. The want to make sure the game is complete at launch on the game cart itself. Even if it means no download version available.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Which is why Toys For Bob said they want to build the switch version after the glitches are fixed. The want to make sure the game is complete at launch on the game cart itself. Even if it means no download version available.
Source please?
Also pretty sure N. Sane also had the thing of "two games need to be downloaded first" and that still got on Switch.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If it was for CTR, I'd double dip on PS4 and Switch

And not very often I even consider double dipping

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Don't think I've ever once posted in this thread, but I want to say I'd totally be down for Crash Bandicoot making his Smash debut with Ultimate. Put me down for the supporters list if you would please. :)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't think we're getting anything Smash related today on the VGA, let alone a DLC trailer.. they barely started developing the new characters; But I'm excited to see more about Crash overall!

Nah, Spyro is coming; multiple people already reported, including Nintendo of Europe slipped when the game was originally announced. On the subject of the size, I'm sure the game will be much smaller on Switch than is on other platforms, due of downgrading some textures and effects... N. Sane Trilogy is 23GB on PS4 and only 5GB on Switch.

and even if they don't have the means of putting all the 3 games on a cartridge, wouldn't be a issue; many other 3rd Party already did that 'half of game on the cart, half a download' thing.. it sucks, but I'd rather have this than no game at all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hi I'm new here!

I'd like to take the time to say that I LOVE Crash and is an all-time favorite of mine. When I thought his games wasn't continuing, I was bummed. N. Sane Trilogy bought him back to life and to see him in Smash would be a dream come true!
Welcome to the boards!

Crash is my all time favorite video game character and for him to miss out in Ultimate would be a big shame

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
what Marvel thing?

Also they confirmed it's also coming to the XBOX One and the Switch on crash's official twitter account.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Glad to see that it's coming to the Switch; I'll definitely get it in that case.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
YUP! Despite sorta being unsure with Spyro, they must have looked at N Sane's success and been like "huh, maybe there's some financial interest to putting Crash on this system..." so it wasn't a one time deal with the N Sane port! I had only seen the end screen with PS4 during the awards so I didn't even know until I looked on the channel's trailer upload.
Between that and the Smash DLC seemingly being surprises new to the series like Reggie said with Joker, things are looking up for his chances at DLC at the very least if there's a second wave if he can't make this one.

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
I'm really hyped up for this game! Time to get cheap wins online using speedrun tactics...

Crash's chances are boosted up yet again....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I got exactly what I came for. Joker was gravy at this point. :estatic:

I won't lie when I say that my heart skipped a beat when the Crash costume guy showed up, and after the crappiest spin I ever saw (granted, Geoff didn't have much time to waste since he had to host stuff), the crate was open to reveal that classic trophy. That was it, my dream of a CTR remake came true.

The addition of swappable Karts is a really pleasant surprise, too.

Last edited:

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
Haha yeah. When the Crash guy came, I flipped out hard. I really hope we get some actual new Crash games. If we keep getting remakes I'm scared they might end up going back to Crash hiatus. One brand new Crash game to really revive the franchise.. We need it! :p

Activision is HELLA promoting and pushing Crash, and how smart would It be to put one of the biggest gaming icons in Smash, while promoting his return to the gaming industry?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Can I be on the supporters list? Not only do I love Crash Bandicoot and all his games but I'm all for anything that basically gives Super Smash Bros more Playstation All-Stars than Playstation All-Stars XD

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
Can I be on the supporters list? Not only do I love Crash Bandicoot and all his games but I'm all for anything that basically gives Super Smash Bros more Playstation All-Stars than Playstation All-Stars XD
^ Crash is pretty much 3rd party now. He finally had enough of playing as Sony's pet :yeahboi:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
^ Crash is pretty much 3rd party now. He finally had enough of playing as Sony's pet :yeahboi:
Crash has always been a 3rd party character, just one that belonged to a stingy company until a decade or so ago. 4th party characters are characters that don't originate from video games. (Like Steve Harvey in my signature)

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
With Joker included, I now see Crash Bandicoot as far likelier than ever before. Something else to make the sting of losing Arle less painful.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh man, I'm late! But I have to say I so FREAKING happy with CTR coming to Switch in the same date of all the platforms! This doesn't even have to do with Smash, but I was pretty scared of the possibility of this being a true exclusive, or even a timed one for the PS4.. I'm relieved and very satisfied!

But now, this bodes so well for Crash in Smash though! June is a big month, you know.. E3 and all! I have a great feeling that he'll show up in the following months; and Joker being one more from the crowd that "debuted on PlayStation" along Snake, Cloud and even Bayonetta (well, she was on both 360 and PS3).. Crash will go more than perfecly with this. xP

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
Awesome, Crash Team Racing remaster was anticipated for the awards, and it sure will make a nice alternative for the Crash fans of this thread to play other than Smash Ultimate, wonder if it will have cross-platform play?

Also, wonder how many people expected Crash to get announced for Smash the moment the guy in the costume arrived?!

Didn't help that Geoff said ''everyone is here'' right before Crash shows up. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm feeling good about our favorite orange spinny boy.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
So our first DLC fighter's game was only released in Japan in late 2016, releasing worldwide in April of 2017. Though Megami Tensei does have a history with Nintendo and it was teased as far back as 2013, that game has to this day still only been released on a competitor's systems (funnily enough, the same competitor Crash had a timed exclusive with for his comeback game). And if that character's popularity only came about in the 2017 period whilst existing only on a Sony console, then why can't another longer existing character with a similar case also be considered for DLC?

Whilst Crash's initial PS4 comeback wasn't too successful in Japan, he's been pretty popular for a Western IP over there in the past (just look at this), and that sorta seems to be the case still with the recent Switch release. Heck, I wonder if he'd be more popular over there than other Western candidates (maybe Rayman, not sure about Banjo, maybe not Doomguy tbf, etc.)

Not to mention the supposed "surprising" nature of the DLC we'll be getting and Crash also being a character that would be 100% new to the series, as well as a head turner of a choice. Maybe he'd be both a nostalgic and unexpected/crazy choice for the Japan audience. Also Sega is already involved a bit in Smash and they distributed N. Sane for the Switch in Japan (did that get released on Xbox/PC in Japan?). And again, CTR is coming to the Switch alongside other consoles when it could have just been those other consoles, maybe had it not been for N Sane's port and success.

Soooooooo I'm kinda cautiously optimistic towards his chances. Kay? Kay.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So our first DLC fighter's game was only released in Japan in late 2016, releasing worldwide in April of 2017. Though Megami Tensei does have a history with Nintendo and it was teased as far back as 2013, that game has to this day still only been released on a competitor's systems (funnily enough, the same competitor Crash had a timed exclusive with for his comeback game). And if that character's popularity only came about in the 2017 period whilst existing only on a Sony console, then why can't another longer existing character with a similar case also be considered for DLC?

Whilst Crash's initial PS4 comeback wasn't too successful in Japan, he's been pretty popular for a Western IP over there in the past (just look at this), and that sorta seems to be the case still with the recent Switch release. Heck, I wonder if he'd be more popular over there than other Western candidates (maybe Rayman, not sure about Banjo, maybe not Doomguy tbf, etc.)

Not to mention the supposed "surprising" nature of the DLC we'll be getting and Crash also being a character that would be 100% new to the series, as well as a head turner of a choice. Maybe he'd be both a nostalgic and unexpected/crazy choice for the Japan audience. Also Sega is already involved a bit in Smash and they distributed N. Sane for the Switch in Japan (did that get released on Xbox/PC in Japan?). And again, CTR is coming to the Switch alongside other consoles when it could have just been those other consoles, maybe had it not been for N Sane's port and success.

Soooooooo I'm kinda cautiously optimistic towards his chances. Kay? Kay.
If not this pass; definitely the supposed "Pass 2" that's kind of been hinted at now.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In terms of a second season, the Switch is pretty young in its lifespan and actually successful too, as opposed to the Smash on Wii U/3DS's case (specifically Wii U). That and that would at least very possibly bring in the publicity, profit and hype for Nintendo. That being said, it's sorta a matter of whether poor Sakurai wants his damn break and if that means him ending Smash Ultimate development (like did he say something about always wanting to be involved hands on with the Smash development?). As well as the balancing and other technical stuff that presumably gets harder with more characters added. There's also the argument of Nintendo not supporting their games with DLC for long, but hey, this is Smash.

Something I could see them doing is seeing how well this "wave" does first before doing other waves, not putting all their eggs in one basket in the event the DLC could still sell poorly somehow.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just find the way Fighter Pass One was phrased to be a little indicative of a possible second pass; but that really comes down to how you look at it, and we won't know until we get confirmation lol.
Wasn't it phrased as Challenger Pack 1? As in, a pack of a character, a stage, and music?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, there's no wording that imply a new season of characters.. they refer each character DLC as "Challenger Pack", because it comes with more than just the fighter himself, but with a stage and music. So Joker is part of the "Challenger Pack 1".

But if they're going to keep doing DLC after the 5 characters? I don't think they should or will... Sakurai needs to rest, for God's sake... dude is basically working since the development of Smash4 started with a little and insignifcant break between it and Ultimate.

I think if we get DLC after that will be maybe stages and Mii Costumes, something that Bandai NAMCO can handle by themselves without Sakurai around.

--------------

btw, I just updated the timeline of Crash releases on Nintendo systems! And needless to say that I'm pretty excited for CTR!

Top Bottom