• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking about Crash Bandicoot music, a lot of things whenever they talk about Crash they play the Title theme of the original game.

It's a good theme but I think the theme of the 3rd game captures the series energy a lot better.

Original

N-Sane

Anyone else feel the same way?

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Thinking about Crash Bandicoot music, a lot of things whenever they talk about Crash they play the Title theme of the original game.

It's a good theme but I think the theme of the 3rd game captures the series energy a lot better.

Original

N-Sane

Yeah I agree but I think if he gets in, this should be his reveal trailer music. Very likely it won't happen tho.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Original

N-Sane

My ideal Crash reveal theme is either 3's Warp Room or the Cortex Battle theme in 3.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I also feel like the theme from Crash 1 is being overused

D

Deleted member

Now that the DLC speculation is starting, it is finally our time.

A lot of us saw Crash's chances being higher as a DLC.

It is now the perfect time to make our movement be heard.

The Bandicoot can still be on the amazing crossover that is Smash Bros.

This is where the fun starts, my friends.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
If the leak is real then this likely places Crash among the top remaining newcomers. We just have to campaign harder than ever and make sure that BOTH Nintendo and Activision hear us.

D

Deleted member

If the leak is real then this likely places Crash among the top remaining newcomers. We just have to campaign harder than ever and make sure that BOTH Nintendo and Activision hear us.
Two Activision employers commented on an official live stream long ago that they liked the idea of having him in Smash.

Seeing the apparently good relation between Nintendo and Activision Blizzard, the fan demand and the popularity on sales, he has a likely chance of joining as DLC.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Two Activision employers commented on an official live stream long ago that they liked the idea of having him in Smash.

Seeing the apparently good relation between Nintendo and Activision Blizzard, the fan demand and the popularity on sales, he has a likely chance of joining as DLC.
They are also releasing a Diablo Switch bundle. This means that their relationship is very good, as few games have their own unique consoles at this point (one of which is Smash).

If we don’t get loud as a community though then Crash will probably be ignored. He needs to be mentioned in every discussion thread going forward or else he will be lost. People really need to start making this push, just like the Isaac and Geno fans have been doing for over a decade.

D

Deleted member

They are also releasing a Diablo Switch bundle. This means that their relationship is very good, as few games have their own unique consoles at this point (one of which is Smash).

If we don’t get loud as a community though then Crash will probably be ignored. He needs to be mentioned in every discussion thread going forward or else he will be lost. People really need to start making this push, just like the Isaac and Geno fans have been doing for over a decade.
I absolutely agree.

D

Deleted member

I can assure you all that I will represent for Crash's inclusion whenever Smash Bros is brought up from now on, if only because I'm a Spyro supporter with realistic expectations.
Same.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I can assure you all that I will represent for Crash's inclusion whenever Smash Bros is brought up from now on, if only because I'm a Spyro supporter with realistic expectations.
Yeah, Spyro will only happen if Crash happens first.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
well, seems like the final roster is finally leaking (yeah, I'm a believer! Unless this is some Katsuo Yoshikai shenanigans xP), and yeah, just like anyone else I didn't have much expectations for Crash being in the base game. I used to have at least a tiny little hope, since Nintendo and Activision were working together during 2015 to make Skylanders Superchargers happen, but oh well.. seems that timing was really against Crash.

But don't worry! DLC is indeed his best chance! He's a frontrunner in this aspect, Nintendo sees the character as an icon he is.. just yesterday they published a Holiday video about Switch and even since the big highlight was Smash Ultimate, they got the Crash N. Sane Trilogy logo at the end. This game is doing damn well on Switch is not even funny, it doesn't vanish from the Top 20 best selling games every month, unlike other big titles like Sonic Mania.

Japan now is getting its slice and everything is going well.. the demand is there, the potential is their faces.

DLC is not yet officially confirmed (it's just a safe assumption), but we can rest sure that Crash will be among the fighters sold after release.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
well, seems like the final roster is finally leaking (yeah, I'm a believer! Unless this is some Katsuo Yoshikai shenanigans xP), and yeah, just like anyone else I didn't have much expectations for Crash being in the base game. I used to have at least a tiny little hope, since Nintendo and Activision were working together during 2015 to make Skylanders Superchargers happen, but oh well.. seems that timing was really against Crash.

But don't worry! DLC is indeed his best chance! He's a frontrunner in this aspect, Nintendo sees the character as an icon he is.. just yesterday they published a Holiday video about Switch and even since the big highlight was Smash Ultimate, they got the Crash N. Sane Trilogy logo at the end. This game is doing damn well on Switch is not even funny, it doesn't vanish from the Top 20 best selling games every month, unlike other big titles like Sonic Mania.

Japan now is getting its slice and everything is going well.. the demand is there, the potential is their faces.

DLC is not yet officially confirmed (it's just a safe assumption), but we can rest sure that Crash will be among the fighters sold after release.
Very interesting indeed:

Screenshot_2018-10-26-01-11-25.png

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Not only that but we also got the announcement that Target is selling a N. Sane Trilogy bundle with a new themed wired Controller!

That's the second officially licensed Nintendo controller that Crash gets.. and that's pretty good indication for me. Nintendo and Activision are working hard on his presence on Switch (I'll say that is even more effort now that past Crash appearences in Nintendo systems); Not to mention that 3 different and custom Nintendo Switch units that Activision once made a giveaway.

.. and I may be wrong, but I don't see Sony or Microsoft doing the same with N. Sane Trilogy, right? .. Sony didn't even bothered with things like that back in 2017 when they had the game exclusive.. all the marketing was pretty standard.

schavira

Smash Journeyman

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Our job as fans is to make sure Crash gets as much recognition as possible for DLC, that's all we can do. Crash's fate is in Sakurai's hands.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I support Crash and Spyro in Smash but the weird thing to me is, should they ?
I also had them on my dream roster until that idiotic guy insulted SpookyWoobler AKA Chris Taylor

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I support Crash and Spyro in Smash but the weird thing to me is, should they ?
I also had them on my dream roster until that idiotic guy insulted SpookyWoobler AKA Chris Taylor
Why Crash shouldn't? He was one of the 3 big mascot rivals from the sixty generation.

Also why exactly did you mention that insult incident? Who are these guys and what is their relation to Crash and Spyro? Could you clarify?

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I talked to a friend about Crash being in Smash recently, and he was like "no", and how Sony would get on Nintendo's case for doing such a thing, maybe despite not owning him. I don't know if there's any Sony execs salty about Playstation All-Stars' failure or anything, but it's funny to imagine Sony guys being legitimately enraged that they didn't get Crash for their Smash Bros game but the real one did alongside a few other Playstation icons. Like this Simpsons meme thing but with Sony instead of Sonic Team and the two fighting games instead of Sonic games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHcRhah7Kgw

If Crash is in and there's a brief shot in his trailer or on his character page of him posing with Snake, Cloud and the Alucard assist trophy, or something like that, that'd be amazing.

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
Jab: Three hit Punch Punch Spin-nado
If he holds Spin Nado it turns into Falco spinjab, but more vertical than diagonal.
Dash Attack: Crash Dash

Tilts
Ftilt: Fast headbutt with a funny face.
Dtilt: 3 finger poke
Utilt: Pacman uptilt

Aerials
Nair: SpinNado (If you hold the A button he spin glides just like in CotT)
Uair: Simple Pacman or Luigi uair
Dair: Crash Super Body Slam
Bair: I can see both Snake and Falcon bair
Fair: Headbutt

Specials
Down B: Eats Wumpa Fruit(edited)
Heals
Heals 10% health Only can get 3 a stock
Also should have a cooldown
It'd be dumb getting crash to 50% in a bombass combo, only him to heal back to 20/
Side B: Super Charged Crash Body Spam
slam*
Up B: Rocket Jump
Neutral B is his main trick
I picture Aku Aku floating around behind Crash (Intangible)
Neutral B, allows crash to take multiple weak or one strong hit(s)
How it works is, Crash grabs Aku Aku and puts him on as a mask, if he grabs you and presses B, Crash jumps on your back and controls you
And you wear the Aku Aku mask
But if you mash fast enough, you can get Aku Aku off and Aku Aku disappears for a minute
Kinda as long as luma
Crash should be a character with really good kill potential, and gimps really easily
Great hitter, Aweome Gimper
His speed should be around Mario
Weight should be a little heavier
A little bit of a fast faller, while able to have lucas air velocity
If you don't know lucas air velocity his freefall AV can move him from the top left corner all the way to the bottom right

CRASH STOCK IDEAS

(LEFT TO RIGHT) Default, Coco, Carbon, Evil, TEAM Alts, Tiny Tiger, Super Sayian (?)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Protip:, putting SuperSaiyan with Crash leads to some weird search results.

Also, I was looking at Crashy News (which has news on how Crash is selling btw), and found this really cool trailer someone made!

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
So the latest Direct had some revelations about how DLC is going to work in Ultimate, and I'm a bit more concerned about Crash's DLC chances now.

First of all, we have a concrete number of DLC characters to expect. Assuming that the new Mario rep is the first DLC fighter, we only have 4 unknowns remaining.

Secondly, when Rex's Mii costume was revealed, Sakurai confirmed that Rex wasn't available when the DLC roster was finalised. It's safe to assume that characters that weren't plausible two or three years ago still aren't plausible today.

This is a bad omen for Crash, whose comeback wasn't even teased before mid-2016.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So the latest Direct had some revelations about how DLC is going to work in Ultimate, and I'm a bit more concerned about Crash's DLC chances now.

First of all, we have a concrete number of DLC characters to expect. Assuming that the new Mario rep is the first DLC fighter, we only have 4 unknowns remaining.

Secondly, when Rex's Mii costume was revealed, Sakurai confirmed that Rex wasn't available when the DLC roster was finalised. It's safe to assume that characters that weren't plausible two or three years ago still aren't plausible today.

This is a bad omen for Crash, whose comeback wasn't even teased before mid-2016.
According to the eShop or the Switch's news page, Piranha Plant is separate from the season pass, so it's not one of the five.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

That's what I'm worried about as well. It's almost a guarantee we're gonna get one more 3rd party fighter so that leaves 4 slots open and Crash's chances are getting quite surprising. I wanna believe that there is a possibility that Sakurai will pull out 5 more characters after this pack and say "here's 5 more fighters for you to enjoy"

D

Deleted member

We all expected to not see Crash in the Direct, since our wishes are on the DLC territory.

Although it may seem at first that we will have a hard time, i am here to bring some positive stuff:

-We have the good relationship between Activision/Blizzard and Nintendo at the moment. They could still talk about his inclussion.

-Crash would bring more benefits to the game, due to his popularity on merchandising and gaming.

-And finally, the best thing: Japanese fans of Smash Bros have expressed online their wish list for the 5 DLC characters... And Crash is in most of them.

If i learned something supporting K.Rool, is the fact that we can’t give up at anytime.

We still have the DLC in the air, and the big support on Japan.

We can still bring the Bandicoot to Ultimate with enough effort.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Never lose Hope! Your character can be a DLC! Fight for it!

Im fighting for Agumon as well!

D

Deleted member

This is something that i found alongside some K.Rool fans on Discord.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Our war begins now

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
And now... All of my apples are in this basket... Crash Bandicoot would be the single most hype DLC Newcomer for me. To see him and Mario on the same screen fighting each other has only ever been a dream of mine. Diablo 3 is on Switch. The N-Sane Trilogy is also on Switch. Activision is playing ball.

Please Sakurai.. Give us the definitive Sony icon... Mario, Crash, Cloud, and Sonic in the same game sounds too good to be true.

Crash is the only big time icon we are missing.... (only because I can't imagine Master Chief EVER happening)
Gaming Icons Clash.jpg

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Now is the time to get your voices heard, people. Let the internet know you want Crash in Smash and hopefully he can be DLC.

D

Deleted member

I will try to make a summary of the things that could help Crash’s chances in Smash:

-The relationship between Nintendo and Activision: this started getting notorious around 2014, with the Skylanders collaboration that featured DK and Bowser. These two returned in Imaginators, revealed on 2016 and probably developed since 2015. Activision has also supported the Switch with many ports, and even a Switch bundle themed about Diablo. This relationship could make the deal to have him in Smash more likely, and another point could strenght this (more later).

-The economical benefits that he can bring: Ever since the N Sane Trilogy released, Crash has become a money making machine for Activision, notorious on the UK, and even selling well in Japan. The merchandising has also given a lot of money to the company, and an amiibo could also sell even more.

-Crash and Japan: surprisingly enough, Crash has an huge impact in Japan. Before Spider-Man PS4 released there, the best selling western game there was Crash Bandicoot Warped for PS1, that being between the 90s and the current year. Crash is also popular among japanese Smash fans on the DLC speculation at the moment, alongside Banjo, Geno and Sora. We can say for sure that Japan will benefit Crash.

-The requirements of the DLC packs: Crash can easily fill the requirements that each DLC pack needs to have. The stage can use imported elements from N.Sane Trilogy, since the art style can fit in Ultimate fine. Crash has a lot of fantastic tunes to add on the pack. It is expected that he won’t be an echo either, of course.

-Finally, SEGA: another boost to Crash is the most recent publisher of his titles on Japan, SEGA. This company is already in Smash with Sonic and Bayonetta, so they can help in a good way the contact between Sakurai and Activision, thanks to this.

If we find more, i can update this.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Here we are, my friends, the DLC season! I think it's the best time for all of us show our vocal demand; sure, characters are already decided by this point, but it's important to (respectfully) show which characters we want. And I'm pretty hopeful for Crash with all the good marketing Nintendo and Activision has been doing with N. Sane Trilogy on Switch.

We can bring the marsupial for Smash this time! Use the #Crash4Smash hashtag on Twitter and everywhere, spread fanarts, fanmade movesets and everything that can help illustrate better this realization.

and the best part is.. being a DLC character, means he was saved of the slaughter that was the World of Light opening xP.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I guess the question is whether or not they'd do more DLC after the five of the Smash pass. Maybe they'd want to leave it after a year like with Smash 4, but that was half on a system nearing the end of its life whilst the Switch is new and doing fairly well.

This is just my theory (sorry if this was the thread I brought it up in), but I could totally see them testing the waters with the current five and seeing it how well it does financially before doing any DLC past that. And with Smash being as lucrative and hype as it is, it'd be a financially worthwhile endeavour for Nintendo as again, it's no longer partially attached to an unpopular console.

Something I noticed is that there's enough space in the stage selection gap to account for the five planned DLC stages and one more. We already have the random button, so who knows what that's for. They could fill it up with either a "more" button for following DLC if they went that route, otherwise just have it for... Something of some sort perhaps.

Lastly, Bethesda mentioned talking with Nintendo about Smash Bros. Assuming the five DLC was locked down with the base roster in 2015 or so, what could they be talking about at that time that wouldn't be automatically shut down by Nintendo because development was too far in? Some spirit or Mii costume appearances maybe?

Top Bottom