• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Megamix's voice is a chorus of the fused villains
>his victory podium animations recycles those of said villains

Megamix has everything I was hoping for, I love this.

Also, for those who don't want to be spoiled about the content for the next GP, I'll just provide a little hint instead.

91FubNsvXLL._SL1500_.jpg

Hear me out.
What if the reason we have an extra slot in Volume 2 is so that we can get Crash and Spyro TOGETHER?
The two go together like peanut butter and jelly, and not just color-wise.
Personally, I think that'd be the best way to open up this next Fighter's Pass to generate maximum hype.

Either that or reveal Crash at E3, as that's where most people would agree Volume 1 peaked.
I'd be wary of thinking along those lines in regards to getting Spyro. On the other hand, Spyro did show up in Nitro-Fueled despite the piss-poor treatment his series got in Japan, so who knows I guess.

Also, I find it funny that Ultimate and NF both got a less-demanded character right around the same time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So he meant season pass 2, first thing? How would they know, anyway?
Given he said after "Fighter Pack 1" meaning after Season Pass 1.

He maybe didn't know about there being a Season Pass 2 but knew more DLC would come given the announcement on Terry's reveal.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Maybe it's because of my love of fusion-type characters like Gogeta or his general wackiness, but I think Megamix might be my favorite character in all of Nitro-Fueled so far.

"The trophy's mine!"

"OURS!"

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Given he said after "Fighter Pack 1" meaning after Season Pass 1.

He maybe didn't know about there being a Season Pass 2 but knew more DLC would come given the announcement on Terry's reveal.
I meant this: Did they say Crash was coming at the beginning of season 2 (not season 1)?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I appreciate how direct this guy is, if nothing else. No jokes or laborious explanations, just go straight to the point.

byleth is fighter 5 in the first challenger pack :0
crash comes directly after the first challenger pack ;)
If he is legit, it's a wonder that he hasn't been noticed until now. We can infer from what he said that it would be the start of the next pass.

Which leads me to something that occurred to me recently: what if a tease towards a Smash reveal materialised in CTR TV or elsewhere? I can't help but feel like NF and Ultimate will cross the streams eventually. I mean, considering how the VGAs award apparently shows up in-game...

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I sincerely hope Crash is one of the first 3 for fighter pass 2. They're going to want to lead off strong, after the reaction to Byleth ending the first pass, that's for sure.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I sincerely hope Crash is one of the first 3 for fighter pass 2. They're going to want to lead off strong, after the reaction to Byleth ending the first pass, that's for sure.
That's pretty much a given. One thing that we can rely on with Smash, is that they always make sure to save the big-name/cult favorite characters first to get enough people interested. That's one of the unbroken patterns and a universal constant.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i have a bet the next direct im betting its a teaser just like joker

but hey maybe crash or ryu is figher 6 (fp2 char1)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
i have a bet the next direct im betting its a teaser just like joker

but hey maybe crash or ryu is figher 6 (fp2 char1)
If it is Crash, he wouldn't be released until some months after the Direct.

But, as long as Crash is announced to be in, I can sleep better at night, at least, even though I am already sleeping well, but hey.

Graizen

Smash Champion
People are pointing out the leaker with Crash Bandicoot info
PapaGenos talked with the leaker
And no joke the leaker is very good , his twitter is full of things he got right

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crash as the first fighter of the new Pass makes a lot of sense thinking about it. Given that they'd want to start off strong following the end of the last pass and get those buy's in as quick as possible.

But honestly, while I do think Crash is the first character of the new Pass, I don't think he's the next character. I fully believe Waluigi is going to be the next character and as standalone DLC nevertheless. Basically, to bridge the gap between the end of FP1 & the start of FP2. I mainly believe this due to the Paragon leak from last June and how Waluigi was a subject that got a lot of insiders in hot water. Meaning he could be very top secret even within Nintendo.

Crash I could see being the E3 reveal and it makes sense. He's the kind of character you reveal at E3 much like Banjo last year.

D

Deleted member

Hey yo I may want Spyro in more.

But I’ve always thought Crash deserved it more first.

Hope he gets in cause believe me I’m rooting for him!

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Crash is way too much of a gaming icon to be snuffed out of the next pack imo so hopefully our boy Sakurai pulls through, especially since his return he has made a big splash and the N-sane trilogy was released on Switch way back in June 2018. Just like my boy Ryu Hayabusa, Crash has a long history with Nintendo (first being a heady competition like Sonic but recently appearing on a bunch of Nintendo consoles since Gamecube days) Plus if Nintendo decided for some reason to do a stand alone Smash reveal for E3 this year, I feel like Crash is one of the rare few who could pull it off.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hey yo I may want Spyro in more.

But I’ve always thought Crash deserved it more first.

Hope he gets in cause believe me I’m rooting for him!
Ayyyy, literally same. I've always preferred Spyro but Crash is a great series and they've often been tied together. Would be happy to see both in, but I think Crash is more likely (and IIRC Spyro isn't that popular in Japan due to bad ports). Good luck guys!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Crash definitely feels like an E3 reveal where it fits best to unveil a big 3rd party icon kind of just like Banjo-Kazooie last year and I expect a somewhat similar reception.

Fortunately for us that Crash Bandicoot's comeback via N.Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled came at the perfect time to put a major spotlight on the franchise just before Super Smash Bros Ultimate's release and when it's getting DLC support.

Hell I wouldn't mind Master Chief getting in either so we not only get the former face of Playstation, But get the face of Xbox in as well. Seeing both of them fight with Mario would absolutely be historicaly insane and internet breaking.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We'll have to see what happens. Sak did shpiel on about a character concept being fun over whether they're well-known or not.

In any case, even if Spyro does get in this time, it wouldn't be until after Crash gets in first. It's only right.

Speaking of Nitro-Fueled, it's rumored that the GP support could last up to around June, which is currently an important month for Crash, news-wise.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm surprised I haven't posted in this thread yet.
I think Crash would be a great addition, too bad it'll never ha-

Maybe things won't be so bad after all.
This seems like a bit of a troll account.
But does this mean that Crash is a bonus character, or is he FP6?

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
This seems like a bit of a troll account.
But does this mean that Crash is a bonus character, or is he FP6?
Their trackrecord has been spotless so far, aside not knowing about Terry's presentation, but they didn't get it wrong technically. I think they mean the first fighter in Pass 2, which would make sense given how divisive Byleth was so Nintendo wants to start off with a strong pick. Speaking of, they're the ONLY one who said Byleth's name when no one else did.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Their trackrecord has been spotless so far, aside not knowing about Terry's presentation, but they didn't get it wrong technically. I think they mean the first fighter in Pass 2, which would make sense given how divisive Byleth was so Nintendo wants to start off with a strong pick. Speaking of, they're the ONLY one who said Byleth's name when no one else did.
Well, they DID call the Smash Presentation a Direct.
But I just hope that if Crash comes that Coco comes bundled as an Echo Fighter.
Spyro would be dope as well, but that'd be way too good to be true.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well, they DID call the Smash Presentation a Direct.
But I just hope that if Crash comes that Coco comes bundled as an Echo Fighter.
Spyro would be dope as well, but that'd be way too good to be true.
Correct! The reason why I'm not worried about that is cuz they said "byleth is fighter 5 in the first challenger pack :0" instead of Fighter's Pass, so it seems they don't care about being super precise with names. ^^ Yeah I want Coco as either an echo or like a alternate version like Alph is to Olimar. I dunno, it would be great to have Spyro too, but I'm not betting on that for now. Crash definitely.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thinking about it, we may not necessarily see Crash at E3 either (not just because attendance shrinks there by the year, either). The August 2018 Smash Direct did start off with :ultsimon:, who's seen as a big deal third-party.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I never came here and talked about it, but Nitro-Fueled is EXCELLENT! It is currently my favorite Crash game, more than Cortex Strikes Back and the ND games entirely. It's 66% a new game, I wouldn't even call it a remake at this point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I never came here and talked about it, but Nitro-Fueled is EXCELLENT! It is currently my favorite Crash game, more than Cortex Strikes Back and the ND games entirely. It's 66% a new game, I wouldn't even call it a remake at this point.
I'd call it a enhanced remake. Or a megamix game, rather.

Shifting gears for a moment, I know that Chick and Stew being on the same kart was a trailer-only thing, but I can't help but wonder if Beenox are actually planning to implement a tag-team feature in the future.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sadly Spyro is pretty unlikely thanks to how much the original games were butchered in Japan, there's a good video on it here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laWJcaWeVcU

I still support Spyro more but I think Crash would be the more likely pick in nearly every way.
Maybe Spyro can come in the next Smash game. I mean, butchered games or not, he is still welcome into Smash anytime, right?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as I know, a series being dead or suffering has no bearing on whether a character gets in. :ultsimon:

The only thing that matters is if Spyro can provide a gimmick that can be worked with enough to make including him worthwhile. Well, that and avoid getting set aside for the gorillion other options out there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That does beg an interesting question. If Crash got in, do you think he'd come with any Nitro-Fueled content?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
That does beg an interesting question. If Crash got in, do you think he'd come with any Nitro-Fueled content?
I'm thinking a couple of songs, like Crash Cove, the boss theme (maybe Ripper's variation?), some other track themes, maybe a remix medley like the online lobby music, but more upbeat???

Top Bottom