• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Color theory is stupid. Crash still has very good chances!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I’m surprised people are still latching onto the colour theory. I don’t think of Blue when I think of Terry or Fatal Fury

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Well I don't ususally think of the color Yellow when I think of Banjo & Kazooie.
I’m not sure whether this is supposed to be debunking my post or not but it does further prove the colour theory is flawed and the 5th character doesn’t have to relate to the colour orange.
That’s not to say it can’t be Crash though.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think fighter 5 is going to be a gunner due to the current variety in the Fighter's Pass.
As I stated in the Doom Slayer thread, I don't normally put stock into variety, but since the Fighter's Pass was sold as a full package, and all the characters are so different, variety may have been a consideration.
Since Banjo is an anthropomorphic platforming mascot, I don't think Crash would be fighter 5. I think it's going to a gunner, most likely Doom Slayer.
But since future DLC was announced, I see Crash, and even his cousin Spyro, as prime candidates.
They certainly benefit from timing.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I had an idea for another crash bandicoot reveal:
It starts same as terry but instead of scrolling to the snes it will scroll to the n64,Then it will reveal the ps1 next to the n64
It then starts off with the playstation 1 start up,Then a text appears with the announcer voice saying "Sony computer entertainment presents this card that will get you into smash" (Cant find a better quote to say)

Instead of terry's trailer trying to grab it,They will fight for it instead neo cortex,N gine,N tropy,Komodo bros,Crunch bandicoot,Penta penguin,Polar,Coco,And then crash grabs it in the end revealing crash bandicoot for smash
(I didn't really think about the fighting scenes)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I had an idea for another crash bandicoot reveal:
It starts same as terry but instead of scrolling to the snes it will scroll to the n64,Then it will reveal the ps1 next to the n64
It then starts off with the playstation 1 start up,Then a text appears with the announcer voice saying "Sony computer entertainment presents this card that will get you into smash" (Cant find a better quote to say)

Instead of terry's trailer trying to grab it,They will fight for it instead neo cortex,N gine,N tropy,Komodo bros,Crunch bandicoot,Penta penguin,Polar,Coco,And then crash grabs it in the end revealing crash bandicoot for smash
(I didn't really think about the fighting scenes)
Cool idea! I've also came up with my own trailer idea.
It begins with the guy in the Crash suit driving down the road. He drives down the road a bit, then it's revealed that he's driving to Nintendo of America Headquarters. He hops out of his kart, pulls out a megaphone, and begins loudly bragging about how much of a success Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled has been. He even gets in a quick barb at SEGA for Team Sonic Racing. Eventually he is brought to pause as Mario and Sonic (costumes) walk out of the building in slow motion. Mario and Sonic walk up to Crash, with Mario handing him an envelope. Crash then opens the letter, revealing the Smash seal to the camera. After staring at it in silent awe for a few seconds, he lets out a soft "Woah". Cue splash screen. Crash Spins Into Smash! (Ensuing gameplay montage optional, concluded with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate text) At the end they show Crash, Mario, and Sonic (and optionally Mega Man) doing the Crash Dance. Their endings are different from one another; Crash's is the same, Mario's ends with him pumping his fist in the air, bringing to mind his signature jump, and Sonic's is his classic finger wave taunt. (Mega Man's would be his pose from the japanese title screen for the first Mega Man game)

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I too, feel that a live action Crash trashing on Mario (and sonic) like the iconic commercial would be perfect. They'd have to keep that one detail of him going to the wrong building too.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I've never posted in here, Crash is one of my most wanted!

Put me down as a supporter! he's always been one of my all time favorite characters, and with his new games releasing on the switch, he feels a lot more likely nowadays than he ever has.

i do hope they do a live action trailer for Crash if he's chosen. it's too perfect of an idea to pass up.

D

Deleted member

I’m not a fan of the costume Crash idea for Crash’s trailer, tbh.

But based on past experiences, I won’t dare to start any big conversation here right now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A thought occours, if Crash is outside of the pass, then they could sell him in a pack with Coco as an echo.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Crash is currently my number 1 pick for FP5, he feels like the one character that could fill out the Fighter's Pass nicely.

For the record my top 5 predictions are
5-Travis Touchdown
4-Steve
3-Sora
2-Doomguy
1-Crash

That said, I feel he's definitely got a decent chance going into the second wave.

Either way he's currently my 3rd most wanted newcomer so I'd be so hyped if he was added!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Crash has the clout, the relevancy and the public desire.

There are only 3 obstacles IMO
1. Communication. Not a big issue as Sakurai not only got Banjo in, but played Smash with Toby Fox.
2. Price. Crash was apparently too expensive for Playstation AllStars Battle Royal. That game was really underfunded for what it needed to be (Needed to be Melee levels, got just above Smash 64 levels) so hopefully Nintendo is a bit more generous in negotiations.
3. SONY. This one is dependant on whatever deals Activision has going with Sony. Activision is aware that Sony is seen as the home of Crash so they release games earlier and give them exclusive content. No idea how far they go one way or another.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

1. Communication. Not a big issue as Sakurai not only got Banjo in, but played Smash with Toby Fox.
2. Price. Crash was apparently too expensive for Playstation AllStars Battle Royal. That game was really underfunded for what it needed to be (Needed to be Melee levels, got just above Smash 64 levels) so hopefully Nintendo is a bit more generous in negotiations.
3. SONY. This one is dependant on whatever deals Activision has going with Sony. Activision is aware that Sony is seen as the home of Crash so they release games earlier and give them exclusive content. No idea how far they go one way or another.
I mean, Bandai and Sakurai paid for Hero; alone, their music tracks are costly due to the composers being jerks. I doubt Crash would cost more to Nintendo than Banjo did.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yet the exclusive home of Persona's mainline games is Sony and Nintendo and Sega didn't care. Maybe it could be complicated if the rumoured Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 is real and does have Crash?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

1. Translators exist if need be.
2. Crash's situation with Play Station All-Stars isn't much different than both Snake and Cloud.
3. I don't think Sony is going to be an issue because while they may get first dibs on games, Activision holds the rights to Crash as an IP since they bought him from Naughty Dog. The fact that he's still appearing on Nintendo platforms sort of shows that Sony doesn't have any real say with what Activision wants to do with this licence. Unless Sony outright made some kind of deal with Activision to specifically keep him out of Smash, I don't think there's a problem if Nintendo approaches Activision.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yet the exclusive home of Persona's mainline games is Sony and Nintendo and Sega didn't care. Maybe it could be complicated if the rumoured Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 is real and does have Crash?
I hope not. Personally, It'd be way better for Crash to cross over in smash than playstation all stars...

1. Translators exist if need be.
2. Crash's situation with Play Station All-Stars isn't much different than both Snake and Cloud.
3. I don't think Sony is going to be an issue because while they may get first dibs on games, Activision holds the rights to Crash as an IP since they bought him from Naughty Dog. The fact that he's still appearing on Nintendo platforms sort of shows that Sony doesn't have any real say with what Activision wants to do with this licence. Unless Sony outright made some kind of deal with Activision to specifically keep him out of Smash, I don't think there's a problem if Nintendo approaches Activision.
I saw an interview that Beta64 posted that confirmed that Sony didn't care enough about All-Stars after it bombed that the devs couldn't finish the planned dlc.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Like, assuming Crash IS in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 and that's totes a thing, does it put his chances into question like Rayman being in Brawlhala? Like, maybe there would be overlap in the rosters anyway, assuming they get Cloud, Ryu, Snake, Joker or Richter.

D

Deleted member

Happy 23rd anniversary to the Crash Bandicoot series!

And as usual, people online are trying to deconfirm Crash through huge stretches.

Ryu wasn’t deconfirmed by being in Marvel vs Capcom, and the same will apply to Crash even if PSASBR2 happens (which I highly doubt).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Like, assuming Crash IS in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 and that's totes a thing, does it put his chances into question like Rayman being in Brawlhala? Like, maybe there would be overlap in the rosters anyway, assuming they get Cloud, Ryu, Snake, Joker or Richter.
Probably not. Heihachi was considered for Smash 4's base roster (though Pac-Man was chosen instead), and him being in Playstation All-Stars didn't impact that either way.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only if Sony has a non-compete clause but I don't see that happening.

Activision knows that Smash sells more than PSASBR and would demand an up front fee if it involved restricting anything they could do with their own series. Sony was too cheap to pay for any classic 3rd party and the ones that were in treated it like an ad platform.

2K was smart enought to make the playable character the Big Daddy but all the other Bioshock stuff was Infinite, long before anyone had played it
Heihatchi had his young Tekken Tag Tournament 2 design with his iconic old look locked to him in a Muashi (sumo outfit)
Raiden used his Revengance look and while he had his other looks unlockable, all his icons were just him posing.
Dante... Yeah... moving on.
And of all companies, EA did a better job with Isaac Clarke's default outfit being his new one but his moves taking more inspiration from hsi classic games.

Don't think Sony will pony up.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The only problem I can see with Crash Bandicoot is Activision themselves. We haven't really heard them say anything about Smash so their stance on the series seems ambiguous. Their subsidiary, Blizzard has commented on it, saying they would love to see Diablo in Smash but nothing from Activision so it seems fan requests will be the motivating factor for Crash Bandicoot's inclusion.

Anyway, you should go vote for Crash Bandicoot in this poll.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

The only problem I can see with Crash Bandicoot is Activision themselves. We haven't really heard them say anything about Smash so their stance on the series seems ambiguous. Their subsidiary, Blizzard has commented on it, saying they would love to see Diablo in Smash but nothing from Activision so it seems fan requests will be the motivating factor for Crash Bandicoot's inclusion.

Anyway, you should go vote for Crash Bandicoot in this poll.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Activsion did say something regarding Crash Bandicoot on an old official live stream.

They said it would be awesome to have him in the game.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Activsion did say something regarding Crash Bandicoot on an old official live stream.

They said it would be awesome to have him in the game.
No they were from Vicarious Visions I think but I could be wrong.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Activision and Nintendo collaborated before considering Bowser and DK were in Skylanders.

If Sakurai and co approached Activision for Crash, there likely wouldn't be much of a problem getting him. It's just a matter of whether he ends up on the shortlist at this point.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey just a small nitpick, ND never owned Crash despite creating him. He was a "Universal Interactive Studios" construction which became Vivendi Universal, which eventually got bought by Activision.

Universal and Sony had a partnership and hired ND to make 3 games under contract; those games became Crash, it got really successful and Sony bought ND because of it. ND were really attached to Crash so they made one final game as a farewell (CTR) and left Crash to make Jak & Daxter. Vivendi then drove Crash steadily into the ground and Activision stepped in. ND and Sony never owned Crash, despite being synonymous with them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey just a small nitpick, ND never owned Crash despite creating him. He was a "Universal Interactive Studios" construction which became Vivendi Universal, which eventually got bought by Activision.

Universal and Sony had a partnership and hired ND to make 3 games under contract; those games became Crash, it got really successful and Sony bought ND because of it. ND were really attached to Crash so they made one final game as a farewell (CTR) and left Crash to make Jak & Daxter. Vivendi then drove Crash steadily into the ground and Activision stepped in. ND and Sony never owned Crash, despite being synonymous with them.
Still baffles me that whole settup.
It'd be as if Nintendo never owned Donkey Kong and Mario. The Headliners of Smash 64 would have probably ended up being Zelda and Star Fox.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WkAl3Re2xY

I know saying anything positive about Nitro-Fueled is sacrilege nowadays (even with weekend Electron Avenue wumpa coin farming still being a thing, but I digress) but I can't wait for the next Grand Prix. Nina and Brio were my most wanted characters and having them be released in what will most likely be a Halloween themed event makes me really excited.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've been gone for a while. Busy with studying, Crash Tag Team Nitro Fuelled and Smash.
What's up?

Crash is my most wanted character left out of third parties.
Hopefully this is his moment.

I really want him to be the last pass because of what it includes. (Stage, music, spirits, etc.)
But, I don't mind Crash come as a standalone "more DLC in developement", but would be sad if we did not get music.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok from the itnerview from sakurai

He said banjo is yet another overseas request just like K. Rool and Ridley

And he expect characters like these to get slots (characters requested from the overseas)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok from the itnerview from sakurai

He said banjo is yet another overseas request just like K. Rool and Ridley

And he expect characters like these to get slots (characters requested from the overseas)
Do you have a source for this? If I had a dollar for every time that someone claimed that an author/creator revealed something in an interview (especially if the interview wouldn't have been done in English) only for it to turn out to be made up, then I'd never have to work again.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Do you have a source for this? If I had a dollar for every time that someone claimed that an author/creator revealed something in an interview (especially if the interview wouldn't have been done in English) only for it to turn out to be made up, then I'd never have to work again.
I think they paraphrased Sakurai's interview on how Banjo was highly requested in the West??? But I don't remember the last line being accurate...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think they paraphrased Sakurai's interview on how Banjo was highly requested in the West??? But I don't remember the last line being accurate...
Here you go. It doesn't say anything about Sakurai expecting more requests for western characters but I swear I have heard that before as well.

Edit: https://nintendoeverything.com/banjo-kazooie-hero-smash-bros-masahiro-sakurai/ "And as I continue to grant these requests, I can only see a future where there’s even more of them! "

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Here you go. It doesn't say anything about Sakurai expecting more requests for western characters but I swear I have heard that before as well.

Edit: https://nintendoeverything.com/banjo-kazooie-hero-smash-bros-masahiro-sakurai/ "And as I continue to grant these requests, I can only see a future where there’s even more of them! "
Oh okay, so it was a mostly accurate paraphrase. Cool! I really hope that Nindie doesn't skip over our bandi-boi. There's no way...right?

Top Bottom