• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
>Crash vs Sonic vs Mario
This

This right here

This right here is why I wanted Crash in since '05. He fits the theme perfectly and people do not realized how good the console wars were back then. Bringing Crash in will not only revive them, but also show those who were born post-Melee how good the 90's were with all different consoles and who were the mascots. Hell could easily make a team of them

Playstation: Crash, Cloud, Snake

Nintendo: Anyone Nintendo lol

Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta

zferolie

Smash Hero

And I thought this day couldn't get any better than this with Banjo's reveal. YES, YES, YES. :joyful:

Even with the baby clones, this roster is now perfect. Well, aside from no N. Brio, anyway, but I ain't complaining.
Yeah its funny we were litterally talking about that the day or 2 before. I think baby Crash and Baby Coco could be cool(I hope baby coco is cute), though I think seeing some otherse would be nice too to add. like Nina, The Possom from Crash Tag racing, and a few others too. This is a nice big roster.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah its funny we were litterally talking about that the day or 2 before. I think baby Crash and Baby Coco could be cool(I hope baby coco is cute), though I think seeing some otherse would be nice too to add. like Nina, The Possom from Crash Tag racing, and a few others too. This is a nice big roster.
Indeed. Beenox has been consistently blowing everyone's expectations out of the water, and this is deserving of CTR's 20th anniversary.

Also, having seen some footage, smug Tawna is the best Tawna, and no one can convince me otherwise.

That being said, we can't seem to go a day in E3 this year without something new for this game being revealed or brought up, so I wonder if that pattern will continue today.

This guy too. :ultjoker:

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Indeed. Beenox has been consistently blowing everyone's expectations out of the water, and this is deserving of CTR's 20th anniversary.

Also, having seen some footage, smug Tawna is the best Tawna, and no one can convince me otherwise.

That being said, we can't seem to go a day in E3 this year without something new for this game being revealed or brought up, so I wonder if that pattern will continue today.

This guy too. :ultjoker:
there was footage? where?

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
This

This right here

This right here is why I wanted Crash in since '05. He fits the theme perfectly and people do not realized how good the console wars were back then. Bringing Crash in will not only revive them, but also show those who were born post-Melee how good the 90's were with all different consoles and who were the mascots. Hell could easily make a team of them

Playstation: Crash, Cloud, Snake

Nintendo: Anyone Nintendo lol

As KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 mentioned, don't forget Joker for Sega. Atlus makes Persona games, but they are a subsidiary of Sega.

Basically, we could do Mario & Link/Banjo VS Sonic, Bayonetta & Joker VS Crash, Cloud & Snake.

Now the big question is what would be the perfect stage? I'd do Battlefield just because Mob Smash is my favorite theme in the game.

As for Crash in Smash, I certainly see him as a possibility. Mario VS Sonic VS Crash needs to happen. Crash would be a great way to bookend the Smash Ultimate DLC. Hope he gets in!!

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I would love if they included Live-Action Crash in the trailer. A reference to that old commercial would be such a fun segway into his Smash reveal.

D

Deleted member

I would die from hype if this was the background music from his trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hey everyone !!! I have lurked here before ,But this will be my 1st post debut on this thread and you will probably see me a lot more here too.

Now that Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed my next most wanted 3rd Party Character newcomer has gotta be Crash Bandicoot and it's reassuring that Banjo-Kazooie broke down the barrier for 3rd Party western characters.

I grew up with the N64 ,But outside of my Nintendo bubble the console I probably had the next most nostalgia for would probably be the original Playstation and that would be because of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon since Platformers are my favorite genre (2D & 3D) and I love wacky, cartoony animal mascots too, But I played my decent share of Crash & Spyro at friends houses growing up, so I do have some nostalgia for the orange marsupial and purple dragon.

It's still a shame Crash Bandicoot never made it in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, But they can more than make up for it by putting him into Super Smash Bros as he's one of the last few big names/icons left in gaming and has definitely earned a roster spot.

Nintendo, Activision, Make it happen !!!

(Side Note: The Simpsons is my all time favorite tv show and I love this nod they made to Crash Bandicoot.)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey everyone !!! I have lurked here before ,But this will be my 1st post debut on this thread and you will probably see me a lot more here too.

Now that Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed my next most wanted 3rd Party Character newcomer has gotta be Crash Bandicoot and it's reassuring that Banjo-Kazooie broke down the barrier for 3rd Party western characters.

I grew up with the N64 ,But outside of my Nintendo bubble the console I probably had the next most nostalgia for would probably be the original Playstation and that would be because of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon since Platformers are my favorite genre (2D & 3D) and I love wacky, cartoony animal mascots too, But I played my decent share of Crash & Spyro at friends houses growing up, so I do have some nostalgia for the orange marsupial and purple dragon.

It's still a shame Crash Bandicoot never made it in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, But they can more than make up for it by putting him into Super Smash Bros as he's one of the last few big names/icons left in gaming and has definitely earned a roster spot.

Nintendo, Activision, Make it happen !!!

(Side Note: The Simpsons is my all time favorite tv show and I love this nod they made to Crash Bandicoot.)
I forgot about that simpsons clip. Tis a decent one.

Welcome aboard. May we push Crash as far as he can go. I do not know how far he will get on here since this site does have a "slight" nintendo bias for some reason, but things are looking good!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now that Banjo & Kazooie are in Crash Bandicoot is the next big 90's platforming icon. And after Sonic and Pac-Man he's the next big mascot, followed by Master Chief.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just had a fun idea for a FS: since Nitro-Fueled's a hot topic, it would start with Crash running over the opponent(s) with his kart, they're flung into the middle of a race as they get run over by the Crash cast, and have a Nitro box dropped on them to cap it off.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Companion theory is a cute coincidence. I think what helps us more is the fact that there are basically no strong arguments against Crash and the timing of DLC selection works so well for him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>think about how there's enough bandigirls for a Super Sentai/Power Rangers joke with the Nitro Squad these days
>come across this in an image search: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1502402-crash-bandicoot
Well, that was faster than I anticipated.

Companion theory is a cute coincidence. I think what helps us more is the fact that there are basically no strong arguments against Crash and the timing of DLC selection works so well for him.
It helps that his place on the Switch has been made secure with the trilogy.

Would be nice if the Big Three of the olden days of kart racing were reunited in this day and age though: https://www.deviantart.com/howling-madfoxhatter/art/Kart-Racer-Crossover-800909441

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m confident that Activision will release every current Crash and Spyro game on Switch.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Color theory to me seems stronger than companion theory, that orange spot is looking tasty.

D

Deleted member

If I had to choose Crash’s stage, it would be the Time Twister from Warped. These are my reasons:

>Crash Bandicoot Warped is the best selling and most popular title of the series in Japan
>Many consider it the best Crash game
>The location is iconic
>Huge gimmick and hazard potential
>Could be done with a rework of N.Sane Trilogy assets
>If done right, it could represent Warped as a whole

This is how I picture it:

When the match starts, you are always on the center of the Time Twister. However, you and the opponents may be taken sometimes by a wormhole that brings you to a stage of any of the bosses in Warped. Normally the stages feature enemies from the levels the gates of the bosses are based on (Tiny’s stage features medieval enemies or N.Trophy enemies from the China levels for example). However, sometimes the bosses themselves pop up im the background instead.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Apparently they confirmed on stream that CTTR characters will be available via grandprix races later on, so this all but confirms Nina for Nitro-Fueled.
And I guess this also confirms Pasadena and those other two, right?

BTW, do we have any footage of Baby Crash and Baby Coco?

D

Deleted member

If we get crash

It would be hilarious if they did the way they did with king K. Rool for the 3rd time
I think that the trailer should instead feature Crash and Sonic.

Maybe even with a racing theme due to the popularity of Mario Kart, Sonic All Stars Racing and Crash Team Racing.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Maybe even with a racing theme due to the popularity of Mario Kart, Sonic All Stars Racing and Crash Team Racing.
I would kill for the trailer to reference the 64 and Crash commercials myself.

D

Deleted member

I would kill for the trailer to reference the 64 and Crash commercials myself.
Heh, maybe a bit of both could happen.

Maybe Aku Aku says the “Your worst nightmare has arrived Plumber Boy” line on the trailer.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I think Crash in Smash (omg that rhymes) is very possible, and he would make a great fit in the roster.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Color theory to me seems stronger than companion theory, that orange spot is looking tasty.
I may have missed out on this "Color Theory". Please explain? ^^ Crash is my #1 now so I wouldn't know how to act if he ever got in.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I may have missed out on this "Color Theory". Please explain? ^^ Crash is my #1 now so I wouldn't know how to act if he ever got in.
The DLC characters seem to be strongly tied to certain colours of the rainbow (Plant = green, Joker = red, Banjo = yellow, Luminary = purple, leaving blue and orange left). However, that could EASILY just be a coincidence, as you could easily apply different colours to characters. (ex. Banjo could be brown or blue; Joker could be associated with black; Piranha Plant could fit into red)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dates_for_e3_2020_have_already_been_confirmed

Seems a little early for this, but good to know.

And I guess this also confirms Pasadena and those other two, right?

BTW, do we have any footage of Baby Crash and Baby Coco?
Not of any I know of so far, just for our ladies. I guess the babies aren't quite far enough in development for showing off quite yet, so we may get that sometime early next month.

Also, Canadian Guy Eh brought up an interesting point about the Spyro Grand Prix; unlike the other two DLC packs, there are no details in regards to what's coming in it besides the purple powerhouse, so we could get a few more Spyro characters. Ripto would certainly make sense, at the least.

Although it's just as likely that the Spyro Grand Prix may have more characters than we expect...

A fakeout trailer like with :ultrosalina: would be nice, yes.

Edit: Looks like I found a countdown site: https://twitter.com/TheWumpaGem/status/1139427251068346368

That being said, the third Grand Prix seems to also be referred to as "Spyro and friends". Interesting...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I preordered the Switch version of Crash Team Racing yesterday, mostly because video games in Canada are unnecessarily expensive and I wanted to put some money down in advance. I feel like I won't be familiar with most of the characters or locations, but it looks like a fun game. (plus, I was planning on getting it anyway)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ooh, and the proof for CTTR characters seems to be in the pudding, I found a post for the specific part in the stream that mentioned it:

There's also going to be CTTR tracks!

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
There is like a 100% chance we are getting Spyro, Hunter, and Rypto... as its clear it will have multiple characters. Maybe Elora, Zoe, Bianca or Gnorc could make it as well.

EDIT:

I wonder if Spyro will use Aku Aku or have a new alignment that uses Sparx instead.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
What course do you want to see done for Spyro’s course I’m CTRNF? I’m hoping for Dragon Shores myself.

Also, if Crash got in, what songs should he get? I’m hoping for Cortex N Sane Trilogy Warped or a medley, Sewer or Later, and Warp Room theme.

D

Deleted member

Holy molly...

Someone on a Youtube comment I made told that Crash’s voice actor is apparently working on a Nintendo-only project at the moment...

...If this is true, this could be big.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Holy molly...

Someone on a Youtube comment I made told that Crash’s voice actor is apparently working on a Nintendo-only project at the moment...

...If this is true, this could be big.
YouTube comments are a reliable source of info.

That being said, I hope so hard.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I kinda think Crash is high in the running now. He's popular in both America and Japan, and is one of the few remaining "big name" mascots that hasn't gotten into Smash yet.

I'd say it's a race between Crash, Spyro and Master Chief, but I'd like to see them all.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Especially if it led to a reference to another old commercial. (RIP Don LaFontaine)
Ok, i think if they really did do a crash reveal trailer, it should open like that old smash commercial, but with more characters too, like sonic, Peach, and bowser. Then the guy in the crash suit just comes in and knocks one of them away. And there is also someone in a Coco costume as well for her alt. It would be an amazing commercial. Didnt japan use live action commercials too or am I mistaken?

Also, on the topic of team racing, it does say there will be more seasons too... what if there is a Nintendo exlusive season? The game is only out on switch and nintendo right? So a nintendo only season for when crash gets announced for smash to add mario, or lol just waluigi, into crash team racing would be good. Sony could get something maybe?

Top Bottom