• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
We are 5 days away from Crash's 25th anniversary! Now I have a question, how many crash25before25 things that he did recently? Can someone actually check?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hopefully there's something worth announcing, As much as I liked Crash 4, Personally I probably would have announced it as the 25th anniversary surprise.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Hopefully there's something worth announcing, As much as I liked Crash 4, Personally I probably would have announced it as the 25th anniversary surprise.
Lol, watch Nintendo announce a Direct for next week and reveal Crash as the final Smash character there for Crash's 25th Anniversary 😆 😉

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I’m very confident we’re getting crash news today at playstations stream. Hopefully it’s finally wumpa league time

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hey ya'll, it's been a while! I just figured I should pop in here real quick and wish a Happy 25th anniversary to my favorite orange marsupial. It's N. Sane just how much time has passed since Crash has made his debut. (Pun absolutely intended).

I'm hoping today finally puts an end to the long-awaited Wumpa League rumors. The PlayStation showcase being on the same day as Crash's 25th anniversary has never been anymore perfect timing, so I think there's a pretty good shot we'll see Wumpa League today, and while I lost hope for Crash in Smash, at least for Ultimate, I will never stop supporting him and I will continue to support him until he makes it in someday, whether it's in Ultimate, Ultimate DX, or the next brand new game entirely.

I guess I will leave you guys off on this N. Sanely awesome picture I came across on my Facebook. Happy 25 years, and here's to 25 more! (Hopefully).

facebook_1631212840945_6841802543636607067.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
here is a fun question how would you give Iron checkpoint crate a smash moveset?
i can picture the side B using the nitro kart
For B Up, he can bounce upward with an up arrow on itself.

For the B, the checkpoint crate would have the exclamation point appear, and random effects would happen.

The B Down would have it go into the air, or if already in the air, slam onto the ground, body slam style.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, since Shantae made it as a Mii Costume. I will pour in what's left of my hype fuel into seeing this Bandicoot getting in. Sure Activition isn't a great company to work with, but let's hope that isn't the final roadblock. It isn't over until Sakurai and Nintendo says it's over.

If he does get in after all the odds, everyone do The Crash Dance. If not, there is always another chance. It may be a long while, but Sakurai has done his best to make it the Ultimate experience for everyone.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, since Shantae made it as a Mii Costume. I will pour in what's left of my hype fuel into seeing this Bandicoot getting in. Sure Activition isn't a great company to work with, but let's hope that isn't the final roadblock. It isn't over until Sakurai and Nintendo says it's over.

If he does get in after all the odds, everyone do The Crash Dance. If not, there is always another chance. It may be a long while, but Sakurai has done his best to make it the Ultimate experience for everyone.
If Crash gets in, I'd like to see as many characters from the roster doing the crash dance in the trailer.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

I mean, Nintendo IS working with Ubisoft on the new Mario + Rabbids game, and they got in trouble for the same stuff that Activision is currently in deep s*** for, so they've already done what people seem to be afraid of them doing with Activision, even if most people have forgotten about Ubisoft's transgressions. Not to mention that Sony and Microsoft are still working with both of those companies too to get their games on their systems. I really don't know why everyone is so worried about Nintendo getting backlash for working with Activision just for the rights to use Crash for Smash. Something they would've finalized plans for back in late 2019 during the recording of the Byleth presentation.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I mean, Nintendo IS working with Ubisoft on the new Mario + Rabbids game, and they got in trouble for the same stuff that Activision is currently in deep s*** for, so they've already done what people seem to be afraid of them doing with Activision, even if most people have forgotten about Ubisoft's transgressions. Not to mention that Sony and Microsoft are still working with both of those companies too to get their games on their systems. I really don't know why everyone is so worried about Nintendo getting backlash for working with Activision just for the rights to use Crash for Smash. Something they would've finalized plans for back in late 2019 during the recording of the Byleth presentation.
I do hope activition got the bandicoot in before FP2 was done.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I do hope activition got the bandicoot in before FP2 was done.
If Crash is the final fighter, than yes, they would've. Because Sakurai himself said in the Byleth presentation that all of the FP2 fighters had already been decided on at that point, and again, that presentation had been recorded back in November 2019, even if it aired in January 2020.

If Crash isn't the final fighter... Well, then I guess he just wasn't considered for Ultimate in the first place, or Activision said no.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Even if it wasn't at the Sony Playstation showcase, I'm actually surprised that a trailer wasn't dropped later on that day for the potential game so I guess the wait continues, But probably for not much longer.

Didn't watch the Sony Playstation showcase because I wasn't expecting much, But from the sounds of it it didn't do anything for me, I'm in the minority of being one of the few weirdos that doesn't give crap about either Marvel and Star Wars which were the highlights outside of God of War which also doesn't interest me.

Honestly the only 2 games that interest me so far for the PS5 is "Ratchet & Clank" and "Sackboy", I would also throw in "MLB The Show" But that's no longer a Sony Playstation exclusive and I'm not in hurry to get a PS5 and the same with the Xbox as both systems have yet to give me that one "Must Have" exclusive game.

Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm just fine with just my Switch and probably don't need a Playstation or Xbox.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Out of the three companies, I say that Nintendo offers the best balance of players kids to adults.

Just remember that Anniversary doesn't exactly mean a coincidence to another thing. Play it safe until Activition and Toys for Bob are ready to play their cards.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Somewhat of an old subject and surprise that it wasn't brought up before looking back at the threads history, But seeing how nothing is really going on right now I thought it might be a good conversation starter.

Does anyone here own a "Playstation Classic" ?

I'm a sucker for the "mini classic consoles" as I own the NES, SNES and the PS1, Still really hoping the N64 gets announced one day as that's my very first video game console from my childhood and my all time favorite.

Anyway, Even though the "PS1 Classic" didn't have the greatest reputation when it released as it was overpriced, poor game selection and didn't have the greatest emulation, I love the fact that it was still a very solid official piece of hardware from Sony themselves and the best part about it is that it's very easy to hack.

So despite already owning the remastered "Crash Bandicoot" and "Spyro the Dragon" trilogies, I still wanted to include them on my "PS1 Classic" along with "CTR" and "Crash Bash", But the thing I'm looking forward to the most is playing a couple of games I never got a chance to play because I had an N64 growing up and that's mainly platforming franchises like "Croc" and "Gex", 2 out of the 3 Gex games are available on the N64, But I associate it more with Playstation and would rather play it on there.

I heard of some pretty good things about these 2 franchises and have always found them very appealing, But other than "Crash" and "Spyro" these are the PS1 games that have always been on my radar and can't wait to give them a try sometime in the near future.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Here is some more stuff.
For anybody wondering, after California announced the lawsuit, a bunch of shareholders seperately sued ActiBlizz for not telling them about the investigation. I think this is related to that.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Let's go over the solid evidence one more time!

1. Smash team made a point to highlight fan requests during the mii costume presentation!

2. Crash can reuse assets like sliding down tilt, his spin attack (Meta Knight/Incineroar neutral-B) and Sonic's Up-special!

3. Sakurai hints on twitter. Clearly hinted Kazuya with Harada. Well maybe that clock stuff was a legit hint! Cool.

4. Geoff Keighley keeps hinting at Crash at every opportunity for a Smash reveal. First the VGA with the "Whoa" react. Then just before E3 with an AMA where he said Crash "Smashes his lines every time" or something! WHOA indeed.

5. Sakurai's comment about how the toys he buys are good for under-the-shoe reference material. Tons of Crash photos of him kicking his feet and having paw prints under his shoes! Could be another hint!

6. Something more light-hearted following super serious Kazuya which is more fitting with Smash.

7. Activision 5 year plan thing maybe. Whatever who knows?

8. Nintendo has worked with Activision before on Skylanders!

9. Newly reinstated relevancy along with established legacy as a character in gaming!

10. Well-known crowd-pleasing potential!

11. Also the familiar faces shoutout from Nintendo along with Spyro.

12. Crash Bandicoot Anniversary Bundle coming to Nintendo Switch WHOA! The Switch announcement was the day of the bad press too. Seems kinda sus tbh.

13. Sony is possibly hinting at Crash4Smash with that new history video entitled "Crash Bandicoot - Recap Video" of Crash they released a week ago on their official youtube channel! Seems like there's a push to remind people about Crash and where's he's gone as a character! That's super interesting!

14. Crash Bandicoot has a notable amount of popularity for a western character in Japan! His games sold reasonably well and he even had a short-lived manga! What an honor for a western character to receive!

15. There's a photo on twitter of Crash Bandicoot training with somebody that looks awfully coded for Wii Fit Trainer! I think it might be another hint!

16. Something seems to be teased in regards to Wumpa League or something on Crash's 25th anniversary courtesy of his twitter!

17. Crash Bandicoot has tons of toys/figurines for Sakurai to hide in his drawer!

18. There was that voice recording between Neo Cortex and Crash's voice actors that we still don't know about! Could be an NDA or something going on!

19. Crash could have been redesigned to fit into Super Smash Bros! His new looks fits very well into the current meld of Smash! He was made to look more cartoony just all characters coming to Smash have to be modified to look! The Smash team maybe pointed this out to TFB and that's the reason they'd didn't reuse N'sane trilogy's design/assets! Think of like a request being made on Nintendo's part for a design that incorporates elements of his Japanese marketing design with the usual design and you have Crash's Crash 4 design perfectly!

20. Crash Bandicoot has a special rivalry with Sonic and Mario that people like! Crash being in Smash allows this nostalgia to be capitalized on! Makes enough thematic sense I'd say!

21. These Wumpa League (new game) rumors? What's this all about except also no matter it's just another reason to put Crash Bandicoot into SUPER SMASH BROS!!!

22. This could help promote Crash's new mobile game Crash on the Run! Just a little extra evidence!

23. No Orange yet for color theory. Just another piece of evidence.

24. Crash has been requested all throughout Ultimate and really got his beginnings in Smash speculation in the Sm4sh DLC (ballot) era despite us diehards wanting him since the literal beginning in the 64 era. He's definitely currently on the radar for modern Smash speculation and will remain as such.

25. I think Nintendo in 2019 (when FP2 was decided) probably understood Banjo to be a particularly well-received reveal at least for their biggest (western) audience. I think Nintendo also knows that Bayonetta (and especially Byleth/Incineroar) were not well-received for final character inclusions into the game in their respective times. So coupling the financial incentive of appealing to their biggest audience with Crash's well-known crowd-pleasing potential (especially pleasing said biggest audience) having him end Smash Ultimate's DLC cycle is a very safe bet. Plus "Smash won't end on a western third-party" is yet another fan rule that'd be wonderful to obliterate as a final nod to this cycle.

Build Crash4Smash. Do not break your faith comrades! Stay on course and we shall move closer forward until tomorrow comes! Praise victory before defeat!

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
On one hand, I haven't heard credible insiders mentioning crash. On the other hand, fighters pass volume 2 really didn't get leaked much and this is crashs 25th anniversary this month

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On one hand, I haven't heard credible insiders mentioning crash. On the other hand, fighters pass volume 2 really didn't get leaked much and this is crashs 25th anniversary this month
Which insiders have hinted at Crash, may I ask?

Top Bottom