• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Then the question becomes "when will we get more", right? Like, I REALLY hope we get something meaningful out of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had yet another case of everybody forgetting about it in a month. Or after they announce the next Crash game, whichever comes first.

Man, it can be hard to be optimistic sometimes...
Honestly I can't say. I wanna hope that this is the straw that broke the camel's back but Ubisoft had a similar scandal and now people are like "oh well". And honestly Activision could use Call of Duty or any of their franchises to shift our focus. The Jimquisition on YouTube is basically burnt out from covering these scandals and getting backlash for talking about it.

People staging a walkout is a good start but it can't end there if we want a meaningful change. That's the most positive observation I can share.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
An update to my spirit list for the Crash Bandicoot series...
Aku Aku
Class: Novice
Type: Support
Support Slot Cost: 1
Ability: Stamina ↑

Papu Papu
Type: Shield
Support Slots: 3
Ability: Battering Items Power ↑
Power: 1040 - 5200
Attack: 400 - 2000
Defense: 600 - 3000

Ripper Roo
Ability: Foot Attack ↑

Pinstripe Potoroo
Class: Advanced
Ability: Shooting Attack ↑

Nitrus Brio
Type: Grab
Support Slots: 2
Ability: Item Throw ↑
Power: 1785 - 7140
Attack: 1000 - 4000
Defense: 700 - 2800

Komodo Brothers
Ability: Weapon Attack ↑

Tiny Tiger
Type: Attack
Support Slots: 1
Ability: Weight ↑
Power: 2067 - 8268
Attack: 1200 - 4800
Defense: 750 - 3000

N. Gin
Support Slot Cost: 2
Ability: Energy Shot Attack/Resistance ↑

Uka Uka
Ability: Trade-Off Attacks ↑

Dingodile
Ability: Fire & Explosion Attack ↑

Nefarious Tropy
Class: Ace
Type: Shield
Support Slots: 2
Ability: Magic Attack ↑
Power: 3286 - 9858
Attack: 900 - 2700
Defense: 2200 - 6600

Neo Cortex
Type: Attack
Ability: Shooting Items Power ↑
Power: 3024 - 9072
Attack: 1200 - 3600
Defense: 1600 - 4800

Fake Crash
Ability: Physical Attack ↑

Nitros Oxide
Type: Grab
Support Slots: 1
Ability: Speed ↑
Power: 3432 - 10296
Attack: 1600 - 4800
Defense: 1700 - 5100

Real Velo
Type: Neutral
Ability: Can Be Enhanced at Lv. 99
Enhanced Spirit Name: Emperor Velo XXVII
Power: 1550 - 6200
Attack: 800 - 3200
Defense: 750 - 3000

Hasty
Ability: Move Speed ↑

Coco Bandicoot
Ability: [None]
Power: 2950 - 8850
Attack: 1500 - 4500
Defense: 1450 - 4350

Crunch Bandicoot
Ability: Shield Damage ↑

Tawna
Class: Legend
Ability: Weight ↓
Power: 4160 - 10400
Attack: 2100 - 5250
Defense: 1900 - 4750

Nitro Squad
Support Slot Cost: 2
Ability: Trade-Off Ability ↑ ↑
Emperor Velo XXVII
Ability: Trade-Off Ability ↑
Power: 4968 - 12420
Attack: 2400 - 6000
Defense: 2200 - 5500
Trade-Off Ability ↑ ↑
  • Class: Legend
  • Support Slot Cost: 2
  • Team Power: 1.15×
  • Description: Start battles with 30% damage and increased attack, defense, and move speed.
  • 1.26× All Damage
    1.3× Defense
    1.3× Ground mobility & max air speed
    30% Starting damage

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy, the thread sure has been very quiet lately. I might as well input my Classic Mode route concept for Crash, just to get a new topic started.

Mascot N-Sanity: Crash's route involves facing fighters whom are notable mascots for different companies.
  • Round 1: :ultpacman: (Bandai Namco)
  • Round 2: :ultmario: & :ultgnw: (Nintendo)
  • Round 3: :ultmegaman: & :ultryu: (Capcom)
  • Round 4: :ultsnake: & :ultsimon: (Konami)
  • Round 5: :ultsonic: (SEGA)
  • Round 6: Crash Bandicoot (Naughty Dog)
  • Round 7: Bonus Game
  • Final Round: Rathalos (Monster Hunter series mascot)
For each round (except for the Bonus Game), a BGM track from the Crash Bandicoot series will be played.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
First I’ve seen this. Can you direct me to the link to order?

I really hate that Crash may not make it now. Means he will be the Ridley of Smash 6
Sadly you may have to wait for it to come back into stock. Nendoroids are similar to amiibos, prices will go up on the after market unless you get them while its on preorder at regular price which is still a hefty price (Mine was $80) so you might have to wait until they make more or find someone who is selling at a reasonable price.
If you want keep a lookout on the Goodsmile Company website

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, if Crash gets revealed as the last DLC fighter, how do you guys think the community will take it? I'm speaking outside of Smash because of what Activision has done lately. If Crash is in, Activision is gonna get quite a backlash despite this being chosen in ADVANCE.

Thoughts?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
You know, if Crash gets revealed as the last DLC fighter, how do you guys think the community will take it? I'm speaking outside of Smash because of what Activision has done lately. If Crash is in, Activision is gonna get quite a backlash despite this being chosen in ADVANCE.

Thoughts?
No doubt there'll be some backlash. No amount of Crash × Smash can forgive what Activision's done.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Thoughts?
To be honest, it feels like ANY character will get backlash, simply because they're the last. Though in this case, I fear it will be especially bad because people will think this means Nintendo is okay with what Activision has done, even though they had no way of truly knowing.

Unless, of course, they had the foresight to send in some of their ninjas to get some dirt on Activision, and then proceed to blackmail them with the information, only for it to not matter because California did it for them.

... What is it with me and conspiracies these days?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Normally I feel like Crash is one of the few characters that would get very little backlash from being last, simply due to his general popularity. But after all the bad PR Activision has gotten recently....I'm not quite sure how people are gonna feel, even if Nintendo has nothing to do with the troubles at Activision. Just any mention or reference to that company will get people's blood boiling (For very good reasons).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Normally I feel like Crash is one of the few characters that would get very little backlash from being last, simply due to his general popularity. But after all the bad PR Activision has gotten recently....I'm not quite sure how people are gonna feel, even if Nintendo has nothing to do with the troubles at Activision. Just any mention or reference to that company will get people's blood boiling (For very good reasons).
The fact that I'm okay with the idea of Microsoft buying Crash and Spyro despite what ended up happening to Banjo and Conker probably speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Granted, that was a different situation, but still.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm probably just speculating here, but if Crash was planned to be a DLC fighter before the coronavirus pandemic struck, then it's probable that Nintendo didn't know anything about the behind the scenes stuff that Activision kept hidden from the world.

But to be honest, even before the pandemic, Activision already developed a bad reputation for its microtransaction practices.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it'd be an extremely selective backlash. Dragon Quest music man is a fascist that fervently denies Japan's warcrimes. Silence from the community that's supposedly so concerned with Activison's operations. Same thing with Ubisoft and they're literally making another Mario game so that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more of an endorsement on Nintendo's part versus paying some licensing fees for a highly requested character to end Ultimate DLC on.

The whole thing just reeks of opportunism from online nobodies, people eagerly looking to utilize this in order to smear Crash because they don't like him anyway. Crash was made by Naughty Dog so what's the issue here? Bad companies profiting from Smash? Nintendo is a bad company and there are already bad companies in Smash with playable characters like Konami who notoriously are extremely punitive with and controlling of their employees.

Toys for Bob wasn't even named as this toxic work environment. This whole thing is just exploiting surface-level reactions to a headline/article and taking it the furthest you can go with it. Conflating Crash with all of this is just shameless smearing by haters.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
This is my new updated list of Crash4Smash evidence!

1. Smash team made a point to highlight fan requests during the mii costume presentation!

2. Crash can reuse assets like sliding down tilt, his spin attack (Meta Knight/Incineroar neutral-B) and Sonic's Up-special!

3. Sakurai hints on twitter. Clearly hinted Kazuya with Harada. Well maybe that clock stuff was a legit hint! Cool.

4. Geoff Keighley keeps hinting at Crash at every opportunity for a Smash reveal. First the VGA with the "Whoa" react. Then just before E3 with an AMA where he said Crash "Smashes his lines every time" or something! WHOA indeed.

5. Sakurai's comment about how the toys he buys are good for under-the-shoe reference material. Tons of Crash photos of him kicking his feet and having paw prints under his shoes! Could be another hint!

6. Something more light-hearted following super serious Kazuya which is more fitting with Smash.

7. Activision 5 year plan thing maybe. Whatever who knows?

8. Nintendo has worked with Activision before on Skylanders!

9. Newly reinstated relevancy along with established legacy as a character in gaming!

10. Well-known crowd-pleasing potential!

11. Also the familiar faces shoutout from Nintendo along with Spyro.

12. Crash Bandicoot Anniversary Bundle coming to Nintendo Switch WHOA

13. Sony is possibly hinting at Crash4Smash with that new history video entitled "Crash Bandicoot - Recap Video" of Crash they released a week ago on their official youtube channel! Seems like there's a push to remind people about Crash and where's he's gone as a character! That's super interesting!

14. Crash Bandicoot has a notable amount of popularity for a western character in Japan! His games sold reasonably well and he even had a short-lived manga! What an honor for a western character to receive!

15. There's a photo on twitter of Crash Bandicoot training with somebody that looks awfully coded for Wii Fit Trainer! I think it might be another hint!

16. Crash's 25th birthday is coming up in September! Maybe they'll announce a direct then!

17. Crash Bandicoot has tons of toys/figurines for Sakurai to hide in his drawer!

18. There was that voice recording between Neo Cortex and Crash's voice actors that we still don't know about! Could be an NDA or something going on!

19. Crash could have been redesigned to fit into Super Smash Bros! His new looks fits very well into the current meld of Smash! He was made to look more cartoony just all characters coming to Smash have to be modified to look! The Smash team maybe pointed this out to TFB and that's the reason they'd didn't reuse N'sane trilogy's design/assets!

20. Crash Bandicoot has a special rivalry with Sonic and Mario that people like! Crash being in Smash allows this nostalgia to be capitalized on! Makes enough thematic sense I'd say!

Stay the course and keep the faith all you Crash4Smash enjoyers out there!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Honestly it'd be an extremely selective backlash. Dragon Quest music man is a fascist that fervently denies Japan's warcrimes. Silence from the community that's supposedly so concerned with Activison's operations. Same thing with Ubisoft and they're literally making another Mario game so that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more of an endorsement on Nintendo's part versus paying some licensing fees for a highly requested character to end Ultimate DLC on.

The whole thing just reeks of opportunism from online nobodies, people eagerly looking to utilize this in order to smear Crash because they don't like him anyway. Crash was made by Naughty Dog so what's the issue here? Bad companies profiting from Smash? Nintendo is a bad company and there are already bad companies in Smash with playable characters like Konami who notoriously are extremely punitive with and controlling of their employees.

Toys for Bob wasn't even named as this toxic work environment. This whole thing is just exploiting surface-level reactions to a headline/article and taking it the furthest you can go with it. Conflating Crash with all of this is just shameless smearing by haters.
You have some points here, especially in regards to Ubisoft and Konami. A new Mario + Rabbids does mean Nintendo is on good terms with Ubisoft and that should be pointed out because Ubisoft barely changed after they got exposed. What that says about Nintendo is that they're apathetic to the whole scandal, or they won't let that get in the way of their money.

Things barely changed, but Ubisoft did get a backlash and the Rayman thread had to deal with the fallout last year. It got swept under the rug in 3 weeks but there was a chunk of people upset. Konami's been hated by the gaming community as a whole since Metal Gear Survive. Geoff Keighley at the VGA stood against them when they snubbed Kojima on live tv. The Dragon Quest music man isn't really a good argument, it's like saying Koji Kondo (Mario, Zelda etc) is a POS so we shouldn't like Nintendo.

Personally I wouldn't defend Crash by pointing at other companies and a composer to say (paraphrasing) "See? They're bad too and you kept quiet" when the issue is Crash's parent company. People didn't keep quiet, they complained then about Ubisoft. Outside of Smash and a Netflix show, people have nothing good to say about Konami. The point at others approach results in muddying the waters, downplaying horrendous filth and accusing the people who complain as nobodies riding a hate train. Activision is bigger than Ubisoft and they have their tentacles in a massive amount of franchises, so naturally the backlash will be louder and it will affect all their IPs.

Should Crash get in? YEAH!!! Would it make sense for this scandal to affect him? Sadly yes and I understand why. I want him in but I won't try and downplay what happened and point at others to justify it.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I had this discussion on a forum, but while Crash and Spyro do deserve better, people are afraid that either will get canned the same way Transformers: War for Cybertron's series was canned. Activision has canned lots of game series and studios at this point, and it is like they are basically holding their series and game developers hostage.
It's a problem because it causes people to get defensive of the new games, even when legit problems are pointed out.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
You have some points here, especially in regards to Ubisoft and Konami. A new Mario + Rabbids does mean Nintendo is on good terms with Ubisoft and that should be pointed out because Ubisoft barely changed after they got exposed. What that says about Nintendo is that they're apathetic to the whole scandal, or they won't let that get in the way of their money.

Things barely changed, but Ubisoft did get a backlash and the Rayman thread had to deal with the fallout last year. It got swept under the rug in 3 weeks but there was a chunk of people upset. Konami's been hated by the gaming community as a whole since Metal Gear Survive. Geoff Keighley at the VGA stood against them when they snubbed Kojima on live tv. The Dragon Quest music man isn't really a good argument, it's like saying Koji Kondo (Mario, Zelda etc) is a POS so we shouldn't like Nintendo.

Personally I wouldn't defend Crash by pointing at other companies and a composer to say (paraphrasing) "See? They're bad too and you kept quiet" when the issue is Crash's parent company. People didn't keep quiet, they complained then about Ubisoft. Outside of Smash and a Netflix show, people have nothing good to say about Konami. The point at others approach results in muddying the waters, downplaying horrendous filth and accusing the people who complain as nobodies riding a hate train. Activision is bigger than Ubisoft and they have their tentacles in a massive amount of franchises, so naturally the backlash will be louder and it will affect all their IPs.

Should Crash get in? YEAH!!! Would it make sense for this scandal to affect him? Sadly yes and I understand why. I want him in but I won't try and downplay what happened and point at others to justify it.
Not downplaying just defending Crash's honor. I'll defend Crash on his own merits without invoking any unrelated company.

Doesn't really matter (Crash's honor) but idk I'm just kind of sick of the whole conflation. It's not fair to Crash's fans or his legacy. Just feels like a smear for its own sake to include Crash in this. Literally almost nothing Activision did with the character was a success until they did the remakes and let Toys for Bob reinvigorate the series. Toys for Bob was, again, not named in this lawsuit as this horrendous work environment. And again Crash Bandicoot is creatively (and this is an important distinction) a Naughty Dog character. Crash Bandicoot will always be more the humble beginnings of the A-list linear story game studio than anything to do with Activision's aimless use of the character. Naughty made Crash with a plan to be a mascot and the passion to make a great impression of themselves for the entire industry. Activision greenlit some games with borderline impossible deadlines and cut some budgets just because they could and didn't even care to be surprised Pikachu faced when **** didn't go well because they never really cared in the first place.

Why the **** should we let shameless Call of Duty dudebro idiots define any part of the franchise? Activision never made a Crash game in-house. They just bought it and proceeded to occasionally let others make money for them from it.

It's one thing to criticize this major ethical failing of the company at a structural level. I'm all for that but you'll never convince me that throwing Crash's reputation into all of this dumpster fire is anything other than opportunism from haters. It's not an excuse; it's an observation. This whole scrimblo backlash is largely a response to the enthusiasm of Crash's fanbase for Smash.

Crash is really vulnerable as a series thanks to Activision's greedy nature. A decent success isn't enough and they'll even fire employees doing a good job just because they can. So telling people that it's important to specifically not support Crash is totally bull****. Crash is not their cashcow so going after him is as ineffective as it's absurd. I think it's just a convenient opportunity for Crash hate and whatever people can just hate on him but I'm going to point it out. That doesn't mean I support Activision and it's not like I was under the impression they were a decent company in any respect you care to list before any of this.

Crash4Smash because Crash deserves his spot on his own merits. Activision literally will have done nothing to this end other than sign the contract and make money off of it. That's their role and while I'd rather they get nothing that's not how the world works and I still want Crash to be in the game.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not downplaying just defending Crash's honor. I'll defend Crash on his own merits without invoking any unrelated company.

Doesn't really matter (Crash's honor) but idk I'm just kind of sick of the whole conflation. It's not fair to Crash's fans or his legacy. Just feels like a smear for its own sake to include Crash in this. Literally almost nothing Activision did with the character was a success until they did the remakes and let Toys for Bob reinvigorate the series. And again Crash Bandicoot is creatively (and this is an important distinction) a Naughty Dog character. Toys for Bob was, again, not named in this lawsuit as this horrendous work environment.

Why the **** should we let shameless Call of Duty dudebro idiots define any part of the franchise? Activision never made a Crash game in-house. They just bought it and proceeded to occasionally let others make money for them from it.

It's one thing to criticize this major ethical failing of the company at a structural level. I'm all for that but you'll never convince me that throwing Crash's reputation into all of this dumpster fire is anything other than opportunism from haters. It's not an excuse it's an observation.

This whole scrimblo backlash is largely a response to the enthusiasm of Crash's fanbase for Smash. Crash is really vulnerable as a series thanks to Activision's greedy nature. A decent success isn't enough and they'll even fire employees doing a good job just because they can. So telling people that it's important to specifically not support Crash is totally bull****.. Crash is not their cashcow so going after him is as ineffective as it's absurd. I think it's just a convenient opportunity for Crash hate and whatever people can just hate on him but I'm going to point it out. Doesn't mean I support Activision and it's not like I was under the impression they were a decent company in any respect you care to list before any of this.

Crash4Smash because Crash deserves his spot on his own merits. Activison literally will have done nothing to this end other than sign the contract and make money off of it. That's their role and while I'd rather they get nothing that's not how the world works and I still want Crash to be in the game.
Crash isn't Activision's character - he's the creation of Naughty Dog, Toys for Bob, Beenox, Vicarious Visions, Travellers' Tales, King, hell even Radical, Dimps, and Eurocom. Adding Crash would honour the talented developers who brought Crash to life, not the business guys who say what the devs can and can't make. If you're worried about your money "going to bad companies", become Amish. All companies suck in some way or another, even that sweet little Ma & Pa grocery store down the street - sure, some are a lot worse than others but it's hypocritical to question one but ignore everyone else when (not to start a flame war) the problems are rooted in the system

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Doesn't really matter (Crash's honor) but idk I'm just kind of sick of the whole conflation. It's not fair to Crash's fans or his legacy. Just feels like a smear for its own sake to include Crash in this. Literally almost nothing Activision did with the character was a success until they did the remakes and let Toys for Bob reinvigorate the series. Toys for Bob was, again, not named in this lawsuit as this horrendous work environment. And again Crash Bandicoot is creatively (and this is an important distinction) a Naughty Dog character. Crash Bandicoot will always be more the humble beginnings of the A-list linear story game studio than anything to do with Activision's aimless use of the character. Naughty made Crash with a plan to be a mascot and the passion to make a great impression of themselves for the entire industry. Activision greenlit some games with borderline impossible deadlines and cut some budgets just because they could and didn't even care to be surprised Pikachu faced when **** didn't go well because they never really cared in the first place.

It's one thing to criticize this major ethical failing of the company at a structural level. I'm all for that but you'll never convince me that throwing Crash's reputation into all of this dumpster fire is anything other than opportunism from haters. It's not an excuse; it's an observation. This whole scrimblo backlash is largely a response to the enthusiasm of Crash's fanbase for Smash.

Crash is really vulnerable as a series thanks to Activision's greedy nature. A decent success isn't enough and they'll even fire employees doing a good job just because they can. So telling people that it's important to specifically not support Crash is totally bull****. Crash is not their cashcow so going after him is as ineffective as it's absurd. I think it's just a convenient opportunity for Crash hate and whatever people can just hate on him but I'm going to point it out. That doesn't mean I support Activision and it's not like I was under the impression they were a decent company in any respect you care to list before any of this.

Crash4Smash because Crash deserves his spot on his own merits. Activision literally will have done nothing to this end other than sign the contract and make money off of it. That's their role and while I'd rather they get nothing that's not how the world works and I still want Crash to be in the game.
Y'know what, I like this. I think it's very good to point out that Toys For Bob aren't the ones violating people's bodies; while Activision Blizzard is, we haven't seen or heard any evidence of Toys For Bob doing this. Hopefully they didn't, but it's good to point this out, because Activision employs good people who want to make good games; the only problem is the Higher Ups tend to be heinous people. If the only people profiting off of Crash in Smash is Kotick and his cronies then it's a problem, otherwise while the situation is messy it is leading to some positives.

It really sucks that Crash is being dragged into this. I blame Activision of course but I'm sure people on GameFAQs are having a field day since they love to be detractors.

Dukefire

Smash Master
GameFAQ isn't the best place for Character discussion since it is a thing to hate on potential characters. Honestly, I don't really care for who is the final one since we got a lot of characters in one game. Sure, it may be a one and done deal, but Sakurai did his best to place everyone in even if some didn't made the cut to fighter status.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Thoughts?
From a video game legacy and status standpoint of what he represents Crash Bandicoot without a doubt makes a ton of sense and checks off a lot of boxes, There's a reason he's brought up so damn much.

From a corporate standpoint is were it gets really ugly and goes bad from especially the last couple of years.

Despite all the **** that's been going on lately, I still think Crash Bandicoot is gonna be received very well if he does happen to makes the final cut despite with what's been going on with Activision/Blizzard, But obviously some people are now are gonna use this as ammo and just dogpile hate on the idea of Crash Bandicoot even being considered for Smash Bros.

While I for one I'm not defending Activision/Blizzard because it does sound pretty ****ty what they did, I'm not gonna act like most of these major video game companies involved in Smash don't have "Skeletons in their closets" either and unfortunately It's just the crappy hand Crash Bandicoot has been dealt with.

It sucks, But if it wasn't for the Crash and Spyro IP's, I would have no reason to give a **** about Activision at all, But to get Crash into Smash we have to bite the bullet and unfortunately have to deal with them.

In the end while it sucks with what's been going on, Crash Bandicoot is still my most wanted character who has me begging on my knees, So still a big supporter.

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
GameFAQ isn't the best place for Character discussion since it is a thing to hate on potential characters. Honestly, I don't really care for who is the final one since we got a lot of characters in one game. Sure, it may be a one and done deal, but Sakurai did his best to place everyone in even if some didn't made the cut to fighter status.
GameFAQs isn't the best place for any discussion, period.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Wumpa League is still a thing

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Is that Louise on the top left?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm gonna wait and see on this one. Activision recently confirmed that all their studios are working on COD (this is the part of the story where the bad guy realises they're the bad guy and embraces it), so I don't want to get my hopes up...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm gonna wait and see on this one. Activision recently confirmed that all their studios are working on COD (this is the part of the story where the bad guy realises they're the bad guy and embraces it), so I don't want to get my hopes up...
If you actually read the article people have been spreading the headline of, you'll find it says they are working on other projects along with CoD.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Long time no see. I know I said a while ago that I was going to leave this page, but I wanted to come on here and give my thoughts on Crash's chances after the exposure of Activision being run by such terrible s****y people and creating such a toxic workplace for their employees. I know that I'm late to the party commenting on this, but this will be the only time I bring this up.

Despite everything that's happened with Activision Blizzard recently, I don't think Crash coming to Smash will be as controversial as a lot of people think it will (If he is going to be the last character). As we learned from the Byleth presentation from January 2020, Fighter Pass Vol. 2 was finalized back in November 2019 (the same time the Byleth presentation was recorded), almost 2 full years ago, and a long time before the scandal had been uncovered. If Crash is the final character, then it would likely be too late to stop developing him at this time, even with how much trouble Activision is in.

People are also worried about Nintendo receiving backlash for working with Activision to get Crash into Smash. But why would Nintendo get in any kind of major trouble for this scenario with people, when both Sony and Microsoft are still working with Activision to get their games on their systems? Especially when the extent of a Nintendo/Activision partnership in this case is merely asking for the rights to use Crash and content from his series for Smash. Yes, I'm sure some people will get mad at Nintendo for working with Activision in some way regardless, but the extent of them working together is so small in the grand scheme of things compared to Activision with Sony and Microsoft, that I just can't see it being that much of an issue.

Don't get me wrong. Activision Blizzard sucks! They've been a terrible company for years, and this workplace exposure only highlights that! I don't need to go into anymore detail why since I think everyone here knows too. But... I still want to see Crash in Smash. I don't think I'm going to waver from that dream in spite of everything. At the very least I haven't heard anything come out about any drama from Toys For Bob. At this point, they're probably the only part of Activision that's remained clean from what I've seen, and they work well with Crash and Spyro, which are the only series' from Activision I care about. And since Activision barely even seems to acknowledge them compared to Call of Duty, Destiny, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, etc., if Crash makes it into Smash, then he might as well be a Toys For Bob rep.

I don't even know if Crash will be the final character. But just in case he is, I thought I'd share my views on his chances anyway despite everything. It's disappointing what's been going on with Activision's employees, and I can only hope that the top brass in charge gets further cleaned out after everything they let happen over the years.

That said, I'm still pulling for Crash in Smash. And since we know definitively now that there's only one character left, this is his last chance.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Long time no see. I know I said a while ago that I was going to leave this page, but I wanted to come on here and give my thoughts on Crash's chances after the exposure of Activision being run by such terrible s****y people and creating such a toxic workplace for their employees. I know that I'm late to the party commenting on this, but this will be the only time I bring this up.

Despite everything that's happened with Activision Blizzard recently, I don't think Crash coming to Smash will be as controversial as a lot of people think it will (If he is going to be the last character). As we learned from the Byleth presentation from January 2020, Fighter Pass Vol. 2 was finalized back in November 2019 (the same time the Byleth presentation was recorded), almost 2 full years ago, and a long time before the scandal had been uncovered. If Crash is the final character, then it would likely be too late to stop developing him at this time, even with how much trouble Activision is in.

People are also worried about Nintendo receiving backlash for working with Activision to get Crash into Smash. But why would Nintendo get in any kind of major trouble for this scenario with people, when both Sony and Microsoft are still working with Activision to get their games on their systems? Especially when the extent of a Nintendo/Activision partnership in this case is merely asking for the rights to use Crash and content from his series for Smash. Yes, I'm sure some people will get mad at Nintendo for working with Activision in some way regardless, but the extent of them working together is so small in the grand scheme of things compared to Activision with Sony and Microsoft, that I just can't see it being that much of an issue.

Don't get me wrong. Activision Blizzard sucks! They've been a terrible company for years, and this workplace exposure only highlights that! I don't need to go into anymore detail why since I think everyone here knows too. But... I still want to see Crash in Smash. I don't think I'm going to waver from that dream in spite of everything. At the very least I haven't heard anything come out about any drama from Toys For Bob. At this point, they're probably the only part of Activision that's remained clean from what I've seen, and they work well with Crash and Spyro, which are the only series' from Activision I care about. And since Activision barely even seems to acknowledge them compared to Call of Duty, Destiny, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, etc., if Crash makes it into Smash, then he might as well be a Toys For Bob rep.

I don't even know if Crash will be the final character. But just in case he is, I thought I'd share my views on his chances anyway despite everything. It's disappointing what's been going on with Activision's employees, and I can only hope that the top brass in charge gets further cleaned out after everything they let happen over the years.

That said, I'm still pulling for Crash in Smash. And since we know definitively now that there's only one character left, this is his last chance.
First off, welcome back!

Secondly, this kinda reminded me of a vain hope I had. If, by some miracle, this whole mess ends with Activision going under (a chance that's so slim, I don't even know why I'm entertaining the possibility), I hope whoever gets ownership of Toys For Bob also manages to get Crash, Spyro, and Skylanders.

Unless it's EA. You can't spell "death" without EA...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
First off, welcome back!

Secondly, this kinda reminded me of a vain hope I had. If, by some miracle, this whole mess ends with Activision going under (a chance that's so slim, I don't even know why I'm entertaining the possibility), I hope whoever gets ownership of Toys For Bob also manages to get Crash, Spyro, and Skylanders.

Unless it's EA. You can't spell "death" without EA...
Unfortunately Activision Blizzard is too big a company to go under. The best we could hope for is a complete restructuring of it's corporate side. Especially Bobby Kotick, he needed to go years ago.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Unfortunately Activision Blizzard is too big a company to go under. The best we could hope for is a complete restructuring of it's corporate side. Especially Bobby Kotick, he needed to go years ago.
Sad, but true. It doesn't help that all they had to do was announce the new COD, and almost everybody (including news outlets) forgot about the lawsuit...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How much better would Activision Blizzard be without Bobby, anyway?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Sad, but true. It doesn't help that all they had to do was announce the new COD, and almost everybody (including news outlets) forgot about the lawsuit...
Really? The trailer's got a ton dislikes on IGN's Youtube page. Then again, I don't expect any integrity from video game news sites anymore.

How much better would Activision Blizzard be without Bobby, anyway?
In all honesty, I don't know. Kotick should still leave though.

Top Bottom