• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Remember we still got the familiar faces shoutout from Nintendo along with Spyro. It's the other piece of evidence I left out of my initial take.
All hope is not lost Crash4Smash enjoyers. It doesn't have to be the anniversary either. Crash has a shot at CP11 period. It's the last time we ride with our marsupial comrade whatever way it goes. Crash is G.O.A.T Smash contender. Nothing could strike him down because he's made it until the very end.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I assume this is an all digital only bundle, Right?

I was actually able to snag all 3 physical copies for around $50-55 so not really missing out on much.

As someone who rarely ever buys 3rd party games, It's really nice to be able to get a good game at a major discount/promotion for a change (Glares at Nintendo).

But great for newcomers and people looking to jump in.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The worst part is I don't think this will change the company as much as people are hoping. I mean, Ubisoft also had a massive exposure (one that lead to Michel Ancel going from French Miyamoto to the Joss Wheden of gaming), yet everybody forgot about it about a month or two later. Heck, with Blizzard in particular, people threatened to boycott them after the Blitzcheng incident, only to back out not long after.

I hate that people treat Nintendo like the devil for making $60 ports and having a terrible Online service, yet refuse to bring light to the stuff that's x10 worse. Sorry for the tangeant, but this has been a big problem I've had with the gaming community as of late...

Anyway, how about Microsoft buying Crash and Spyro? They're always looking for new stuff for Xbox.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I had this discussion on a forum, but while Crash and Spyro do deserve better, people are afraid that either will get canned the same way Transformers: War for Cybertron's series was canned. Activision has canned lots of game series and studios at this point, and it is like they are basically holding their series and game developers hostage.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I hate that people treat Nintendo like the devil for making $60 ports and having a terrible Online service, yet refuse to bring light to the stuff that's x10 worse. Sorry for the tangeant, but this has been a big problem I've had with the gaming community as of late...
I think it's lame to use this as an opportunity to carry Nintendo's water and gatekeep outrage towards them by portraying criticism towards them as people thinking of them as the devil. Nintendo are a ****ty force that drag down the gaming industry with their practices. End of discussion.

Being anti-mod, anti-emulation, anti-competitive scene is just the start. They have the audacity to charge for the most embarrassingly lackluster online that it's an insult to their consumers, axed the virtual console completely and will close down their respective shops in due time, haven't supported backward compatibility since the Wii and probably never will again considering digital games so don't expect Switch games to carry over because it's literally Nintendo we're talking about and they're derranged in their greed, force artificial scarcity with some of their products, lock content behind amiibos even valuable content like Wolf Link and Epona in BOTW, less than ideal support for Ultimate (6 characters over 2 years is Nintendo being cheap and the Byleth bait and switch after Reggie's statement along with the 4 consecutive 3rd party characters was a scummy trick on their part), charge 60 dollars for a port and won't even package in the other HD remasters (Windwaker and Twilight Princess with Skyward) of the same series that were already very lazy remasters themselves, enables GameFreak's garbage business practices with the Pokemon series which is like it's own thing entirely, will never put any of their old games on sale and really just all around have probably the most ungenerous sales in both price and time-lapses, ignore older franchises to the point of basically letting them die. I'm passionate about everything here. Everything here is a major problem with how the company interacts with the industry and these interactions drag the industry itself down. Nintendo hurts gaming.

Really the only reason the Switch is such a success is that they axed one of the ****ty business practices they used to have and that was splitting content between their ****ty handheld device that would inevitably hinder the home console at the time. That's entirely the reason the Switch is doing well. Imagine if Nintendo were actually the great company people say they are? It'd be the best third way in gaming you could get. People let their nostalgia for Nintendo products blind them to how awful the company is and even worse when it's challenged they get defensive and make excuses for Nintendo that they would never do for companies like Ubisoft and Activision.

You see it now. Just because Nintendo doesn't have a toxic work environment and from what we know don't crunch doesn't change that they're just as anti-consumer as the rest. Only Nintendo gets let off the hook for anti-consumerism and their supposed merits aren't near enough for me to pretend that they aren't doing wrong by their fans.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think it's lame to use this as an opportunity to carry Nintendo's water and gatekeep outrage towards them by portraying criticism towards them as people thinking of them as the devil. Nintendo are a ****ty force that drag down the gaming industry with their practices. End of discussion.

Being anti-mod, anti-emulation, anti-competitive scene is just the start. They have the audacity to charge for the most embarrassingly lackluster online that it's an insult to their consumers, axed the virtual console completely and will close down their respective shops in due time, haven't supported backward compatibility since the Wii and probably never will again considering digital games so don't expect Switch games to carry over because it's literally Nintendo we're talking about and they're derranged in their greed, force artificial scarcity with some of their products, lock content behind amiibos even valuable content like Wolf Link and Epona in BOTW, less than ideal support for Ultimate (6 characters over 2 years is Nintendo being cheap and the Byleth bait and switch after Reggie's statement along with the 4 consecutive 3rd party characters was a scummy trick on their part), charge 60 dollars for a port and won't even package in the other HD remasters (Windwaker and Twilight Princess with Skyward) of the same series that were already very lazy remasters themselves, enables GameFreak's garbage business practices with the Pokemon series which is like it's own thing entirely, will never put any of their old games on sale and really just all around have probably the most ungenerous sales in both price and time-lapses, ignore older franchises to the point of basically letting them die. I'm passionate about everything here. Everything here is a major problem with how the company interacts with the industry and these interactions drag the industry itself down. Nintendo hurts gaming.

Really the only reason the Switch is such a success is that they axed one of the ****ty business practices they used to have and that was splitting content between their ****ty handheld device that would inevitably hinder the home console at the time. That's entirely the reason the Switch is doing well. Imagine if Nintendo were actually the great company people say they are? It'd be the best third way in gaming you could get. People let their nostalgia for Nintendo products blind them to how awful the company is and even worse when it's challenged they get defensive and make excuses for Nintendo that they would never do for companies like Ubisoft and Activision.

You see it now. Just because Nintendo doesn't have a toxic work environment and from what we know don't crunch doesn't change that they're just as anti-consumer as the rest. Only Nintendo gets let off the hook for anti-consumerism and their supposed merits aren't near enough for me to pretend that they aren't doing wrong by their fans.
I can't tell if this is bait or not (if it is, than TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom please forgive me), but 1) I wasn't defending Nintendo, and 2) are you SERIOUSLY trying to imply anything you mentioned Nintendo did is even REMOTELY worse than what Activision has done according to the document?

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell if this is bait or not (if it is, than TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom please forgive me), but 1) I wasn't defending Nintendo, and 2) are you SERIOUSLY trying to imply anything you mentioned Nintendo did is even REMOTELY worse than what Activision has done according to the document?
You're the one comparing them. I didn't make the comparison. I just aired what I think are legitimate grievances against Nintendo. I don't care about other gaming companies doing bad things in regards to Nintendo doing bad things because it literally changes nothing. They're separate. Nintendo is awful and so is Activision for separate reasons but oftentimes they'll (both companies' issues) overlap. I'm not ranking them in awfulness either because it really doesn't matter and also changes nothing. I see it merely as some pissing contest for their respective fandoms and it's pretty lame. These are profit-driven, multinational companies, not your local Toyshops/Candystores. You were portraying people that have 1 smaller issue with Nintendo (comparatively against their larger issues) as being overzealous in their condemnation of the company. Nintendo sucks and you did use the situation with Activision to prop them up as better and less deserving of criticism. At least that's my view.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I ask to please be removed from the support list. The way things are at Activision right now hit a bit close to home for me, and I'll be a hypocrite if I kept supporting them in any way. That includes one of their characters being part of a series I'm a huge fan of.

I enjoyed being part of this small community as well as reading through the topic every now and then. And if Crash isn't the final character, I hope it's someone you people can be happy with.

Peace.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I will support Crash regardless. He's a Naughty Dog character first and foremost. Activision just acquired him. I'm not on the list but I'd love to be. I've wanted Crash for Ultimate's entire cycle.

The overwhelming majority of companies aren't ethical. That's the real truth. I would even rather Microsoft own Crash at this point even if it meant that he couldn't happen for Ultimate
(no double-dipping on companies in the same pass potentially being a real rule, that being said I've always thought Activision-Blizzard would be a good buy for Microsoft and they could hopefully clean that dump up and do better by those IPs)
but that isn't happening so Crash4Smash until the very end.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I will support Crash regardless. He's a Naughty Dog character first and foremost. Activision just acquired him. I'm not on the list but I'd love to be. I've wanted Crash for Ultimate's entire cycle.

The overwhelming majority of companies aren't ethical. That's the real truth. I would even rather Microsoft own Crash at this point even if it meant that he couldn't happen for Ultimate
(no double-dipping on companies in the same pass potentially being a real rule, that being said I've always thought Activision-Blizzard would be a good buy for Microsoft and they could hopefully clean that dump up and do better by those IPs)
but that isn't happening so Crash4Smash until the very end.
To be fair, there are rumors that Microsoft was already planning another big acquisition. Although that's all they are: rumors...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Let's just hope the final destination isn't bad with the Final Character's reveal. Again, it is up to the internet on how the reaction becomes as of the results.
Screenshot_20210716-122034_YouTube.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hope is easy to push in another direction depending on the situation. It does make it difficult to gauge on if it's happening and getting lost within the speculation is becoming frequent.
Screenshot_20210718-001356_YouTube.jpg

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Had a really weird dream Crash reveal trailer last night, where marsupial versions of Smash characters like Marth and Zelda appeared before Crash himself.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Really sucks that Activision's utterly heinous actions are hurting support for Crash. I get it though, paying for Crash puts money in Activision's pockets, and that's an upsetting fact. Activision makes too much money to care about our outrage, but if enough people, and by enough I mean a MASSIVE sh*tload of people stop giving them money they'll at the bare minimum start using flowery PR words.

Obviously it's not just Crash sales that would need to take a hit. Spyro, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Warcraft, Heroes of The Storm, StarCraft, Diablo, Tony Hawk Pro Skater etc would all have to lose sales for a long while before Activision takes this seriously.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Really sucks that Activision's utterly heinous actions are hurting support for Crash. I get it though, paying for Crash puts money in Activision's pockets, and that's an upsetting fact. Activision makes too much money to care about our outrage, but if enough people, and by enough I mean a MASSIVE sh*tload of people stop giving them money they'll at the bare minimum start using flowery PR words.

Obviously it's not just Crash sales that would need to take a hit. Spyro, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Warcraft, Heroes of The Storm, StarCraft, Diablo, Tony Hawk Pro Skater etc would all have to lose sales for a long while before Activision takes this seriously.
At least Crash seems to be ignorant to it.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As the owner of the Crash thread, I'd feel bad if I didn't say something. Please remember to stand with the Activision-Blizzard employees doing their walkout today! The stuff going on at the company and their abysmal response to the accusations is all so incredibly heinous.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
As the owner of the Crash thread, I'd feel bad if I didn't say something. Please remember to stand with the Activision-Blizzard employees doing their walkout today! The stuff going on at the company and their abysmal response to the accusations is all so incredibly heinous.
Thankfully, it seems to be somewhat working, as Activision has released a response. Problem is, that response didn't address EVERY complaint put against them, so there's still work to be done. We gotta be the change we wanna see here.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thankfully, it seems to be somewhat working, as Activision has released a response. Problem is, that response didn't address EVERY complaint put against them, so there's still work to be done. We gotta be the change we wanna see here.
Yeah they'll start off throwing breadcrumbs and expect everyone to shut up. That's not gonna be enough, especially considering what's been going on for years.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah they'll start off throwing breadcrumbs and expect everyone to shut up. That's not gonna be enough, especially considering what's been going on for years.
Then the question becomes "when will we get more", right? Like, I REALLY hope we get something meaningful out of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had yet another case of everybody forgetting about it in a month. Or after they announce the next Crash game, whichever comes first.

Man, it can be hard to be optimistic sometimes...

Top Bottom