• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

UserKev

Smash Champion
Steve looks like more of a mascot type character. I'd prefer more mascot looking characters like Agumon, Geno, Crash, Waluigi, any DK rep, and even another Pokemon instead of the more realistic type of characters.

So if I had to give up Sora, Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Scorpion, Dante, and just any HUMAN looking character in general, I would gladly do that. Get back to adding characters that have NO realism to their appearance.

The game just has too many human like characters now, which is kind of sad, because all that happened mainly during the Wii U and Ultimate era.....
For me, Scorpion and Tomb Raider are like the last human characters I want. Mortal Kombat's silly side can be easily translated to Smash into his moveset. Lara Croft, at least feel unique from Master Chief, Doomslayer and Dante, which the ladder all feel samey. Sora has a magical aesthetic and may as well have toon genes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For me, Scorpion and Tomb Raider are like the last human characters I want. Mortal Kombat's silly side can be easily translated to Smash into his moveset. Lara Croft, at least feel unique from Master Chief, Doomslayer and Dante, which the ladder all feel samey. Sora has a magical aesthetic and may as well have toon genes.
Oh, Mortal Kombat is as MUCH Kamp as it is Gore. Somehow this element seems to be lost when people focus on the gore.
I do find it quite upsetting. Even the blood from the hits could easily just apply to Scorpion himself, and not need to be seen on any of the other characters- that's how they translate other fighting game aesthetics.

I agree with your statement- though I do actually want a character from Resident Evil- given its INSANE size, as well as Doomslayer- something about having more companies on board is just thrilling to me.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Can Apple just buy the whole IPs? I trust them more than Activision at this point...
...You do realize they'd be stuck on iOS if Apple bought the IP's, right?

Faso115

Smash Lord

Can Apple just buy the whole IPs? I trust them more than Activision at this point...
**** no, keep them at Activision. At least they dont lock the franchise behind a device.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Haven't posted here in a while, so the first thing I wanna say is a prediction for Fighter Pack #11. Also, Kazuya is amazing and I'm incredibly satisfied with one of the first video games I ever played getting a rep after so long!!

I'm going to go with a "likely" prediction and a "personal" prediction. Considering that bigwigs like Dante of all characters got a mii, I'd say there are some very obvious choices coming up as the final fighter, or the next wave of miis.

My likely prediction is a Gen 8 Pokémon: S&S was in / finishing development around a similar timeframe to Fighter's Pass 1 and the beginning of 2, and Pass 2 seems to kind of have a theme of double dipping of sorts (ARMS, Tekken & XC2 getting a second chance after other characters were specifically stated to not be added for XYZ, Minecraft's kind of been floating around for something in Smash since Smash 4 and surprised many who thought companies would only get one fighter each for some unknown reason and Sephiroth's kind of his own thing but that's technically revisiting Final Fantasy [7]). And even though there is no specific statement regarding another Pokémon rep in Ultimate, I feel like that's just incredibly likely. If not a starter, definitely any of the ones that have G-Max forms. We also know that Sakurai gets early concept art and documents for some of the earliest final designs to look at in case a Pokémon is desired, like with Greninja. Plus, it's not like it would be difficult to come up with a comeback mechanic if need be. It's safe enough that I wouldn't even be bothered if that was the final fighter Make it Appletun if it has to be a Pokémon please.

My personal? It's the thread's mascot, of course! A popular theory has always been that Ultimate's going to end on an incredible high note, like a Twitter crashing event (Steve). While that's not necessarily true (the fanfare for Bayonetta and Corrin during 4 was mixed) and I don't think Ultimate needs to considering how many fighters they've already added filling that "high note" space as is, I feel Crash is a perfect endnote. He's decently popular in most regions, especially Japan, where he used to have a ton of exclusive rivalries with Fake Crash. And honestly, with a new game only recently out and his popularity as a character having skyrocketed since the remakes, it would feel odd to have Crash got nothing, forbid a mii costume. The only oddity would be the fact that FP2 has a lot of characters with some kind of gimmick, whether it be super comeback or an almost entirely unique move set. It would be really strange if Crash had something like Aku Aku invincibility or something like that, at least that's how I feel after seeing FP2's characters.

Since Kaz's out tomorrow, it feels kind of odd that the final fighter could easily be not revealed until something like The Game Awards.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While this probably won't happen, if Crash does end up being the final DLC fighter, it would be interesting to see if we get Coco as well; she world serve as the only DLC Echo Fighter. The reason I'm stating this now is simply due to Crash and Coco having access to identical moves and abilities.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
hey guys. i dont know if people have already mentioned something like this but i just wanna say my thoughts on kazuya and e3 and inclusions. its a bit late but its whatever

i dont hate tekken or kazuya's inclusion. tekken really does deserve to be in smash and im glad it finally is. but before e3 started, my biggest pipe dream after banjo was to have crash and master chief as dlc later down the line. because crash is considered the closest the ps1 had to a mascot back then (at least in my eyes) and master chief is the mascot of xbox (and ive been wanting an fps rep since ultimate started). i knew it was very unlikely, because for the last 2 characters, both of them not being japanese characters is doesnt seem like something nintendo wants. and this is basically my main complaint about the dissapointing aspects to kazuya's inclusion.

i hate that after all this time it still always feels like a big hurdle for wanting a character JUST because theyre not japanese. for a game that sakurai glorified about that it brings worlds together, it has always felt against the favors on non japanese characters. im not saying japanese inclusions are bad or anything, there are still great japanese inclusions that should still be in smash even after kazuya. but it feels like nintendo doesnt understand that smash as a franchise is loved by people all over the world, not just japan. i just think its a shame that i still feel like my 2 of my most wanted choices are unlikely just because of the simple fact that theyre not japanese.

and not only that, but crash is one of the most prominent examples of a non japanese character thats still decently popular in japan. i wouldnt say hes a household name there or anything but he's definetely a prominent video game character there as well. as for master chief, i do believe halo's more niche in japan than the rest of the world, but here's the thing: sakurai made the choice to add characters like marth, roy, and corrin as an attempt to make those japanese characters gain interest for people outside of japan. if they were able to try that out, howcome theyve never tried it the other way around? as in adding a western character in the game to gain interest for people in the japanese audience (their main audience that they are catering to)? halo could work for something like that. but theyve never ever tried doing that and it doesnt look like they plan to. non japanese characters shouldve felt more welcome in smash than they have been throughout smash's lifespan. im not saying there should be more western characters or anything, but characters like crash and master chief couldve been great benchmarks for smash unclusions ALONG with characters like joker, sephiroth, and kazuya. but instead, they feel like miracle exceptions. a bone thrown out for the people in the back that have loved smash as long and as deeply as the people in the front. i dont like it, and im sure a lot of other people dont like it. heck, im pretty sure even sakurai doesnt like it. its just a shame.
Pretty much took the exact words out of my mouth.

Couldn't agree more.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Pretty convenient that relies on that HTML slot discovered by dataminers as well as Activision alleguedly being the "worst" that somehow Nintendo would get cold feet and switch the character around to another Namco character. AND NOW it's being discovered.

Into the trashcan.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pretty convenient that relies on that HTML slot discovered by dataminers as well as Activision alleguedly being the "worst" that somehow Nintendo would get cold feet and switch the character around to another Namco character. AND NOW it's being discovered.

Into the trashcan.
I was just checking that. I will ask for that post I made to be deleted.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Guys. I'm sorry about my blow-up a couple weeks ago. I've deleted those messages as I realized I was out of line once again. I'm... just gonna go now. I think Crash's chances for Smash aren't there anymore, I always let the stress of being a part of this fandom get to me, so I think I'm just gonna leave this forum, and invest my time elsewhere.

Thanks for having me, and I'm sorry once again...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Guys. I'm sorry about my blow-up a couple weeks ago. I've deleted those messages as I realized I was out of line once again. I'm... just gonna go now. I think Crash's chances for Smash aren't there anymore, I always let the stress of being a part of this fandom get to me, so I think I'm just gonna leave this forum, and invest my time elsewhere.

Thanks for having me, and I'm sorry once again...
Everybody said the same thing about Ridley, he made it. Everyone said the same thing about Banjo, he made it. So if Crash doesn't make this one, it's not the end of the world. He's got more changes down the road to make it

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
...You do realize they'd be stuck on iOS if Apple bought the IP's, right?
It's easy to assume that but Apple is in the business to make money and to prevent Activision Blizzard from releasing console and PC games is the antithesis of making money. Besides, Apple TV+ is available on multiple devices so they're not afraid to branch out if it means they'll make more money.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Down to the last fighter.

I'm of two minds about it.

It could either be a big TADA with an IP that was added late on in negotiations like Bayonetta was to Smash 4's DLC or it'll be a smaller character that's really cool their fans but not the best one to end off on like Incineroar in the base game or Byleth in the first wave.

If we're to believe the 5 year plan, Crash is the only character we know of that a company has but more than "it'd be cool if they were in" stock into it and Nintendo has worked with Activision before as seen with Bowser and DK joining Skylanders. But Activision has screwed the pooch on crossovers before as we saw with PSASBR.

I just don't know.

I think it'd be best to assume it will be someone that makes sense but we don't personally like and then either be vindicated or pleasantly wrong.

Faso115

Smash Lord
PSASBR had way more problems than activision being greedy. Mainly, Sony giving little to no support to the game as well as the dev team being fairly green and not having that much influence, which made other companies strong arm them into situations like Reboot dante or cole having good and evil cole separate

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey everyone I haven't been keeping up with this thread but I wanted to share this idea I just finished:

I was gonna go with the bazooka BUT, it's not as... fun as the jetboard, plus it doesn't really fit Crash's wackiness in comparison.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can see that the ground can control how fast the jetboard goes. In the air, pretty much it's a rocket going full throttle. Don't face the blastzone before using it.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow Crash4Smash
Solid Crash4Smash evidence includes:
  1. Smash team made a point to highlight fan requests during the mii costume presentation!
  2. Crash can reuse assets like sliding down tilt, his spin attack (Meta Knight/Incineroar neutral-B) and Sonic's Up-special!
  3. Sakurai hints on twitter. Clearly hinted Kazuya with Harada. Well maybe that clock s*** was a legit hint! Cool.
  4. Geoff Keighley keeps hinting at Crash at every opportunity for a Smash reveal. First the VGA with the "Whoa" react. Then just before E3 with an AMA where he said Crash "Smashes his lines every time" or something! WHOA indeed.
  5. Sakurai's comment about how the toys he buys are good for under-the-shoe reference material. Tons of Crash photos of him kicking his feet and having paw prints under his shoes! Could be another hint!
  6. Something more light-hearted following super serious Kazuya which is more fitting with Smash.
  7. Activision 5 year plan thing maybe. Whatever who knows?
  8. Nintendo has worked with Activision before on Skylanders!
  9. Newly reinstated relevancy along with established legacy as a character in gaming!
  10. Well-known crowd-pleasing potential!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Well, can't say I was expecting this.

Top Bottom