• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm just gonna pop in here real quick and wish you all good luck! Apparently the next Smash character did end up leaking according to PapaGenos, but I don't know who the character is since I'm trying to avoid spoilers as best as I can. I'm still holding out hope and praying today is our day!
Again, I wish you all the best and I'll see you on the other side.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I second this

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Tensions/Stakes are rising to an all time high and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've been starting to feel it a bit.

Here's to really hoping Crash Bandicoot somehow makes it in one of the final 2 roster spots because if he does not make the final cut, Unfortunately he's probably gonna be targeted as "Public Enemy #1" seeing how he has likely and currently became the most heaviest speculated potential Smash newcomer on the internet.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The more requested a character is on the internet for discussion, the more targets are placed there as a threat to other characters. Funny since any character that gets a spike in discussion will get more targets while decreasing the others.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Looks like Metroid is getting the scare factor back. I might get scared like I was a little kid with Metroid Fusion Years ago

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Last character is a 1st party... I am going to believe that so if I'm wrong, I can actually be surprised. Tekken def was NOT hype enough for E3 imo though. Meh.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I don't care if this comes off as bias, but Nintendo made an odd choice with this one. I'd rather have a Tales of character. Of the DLCs from the past 2 passes, Banjo has been the only platformer DLC we've gotten, right?

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
You guys know theres one more spot right?
It is just that most of us think that if Crash was in the game he'd most likely be announced at E3 or at some sort of big event. Personally I'm officially giving up right now because I feel the circunstances make it very unlikely that Crash is the last fighter, since it will just be announced at a normal direct in a later date.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Interesting choice. One slot left. Could we make it? We definitely can but it's gonna take a while to find out.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Crash's Chances Def took a Hit here, Esp with the Vergeben Rumors, could be like Steve and even though it was leaked here, it could be for CP11 instead of 10.

However he still has a chance, but it's best to temper expectations moving on.

Best thing I can say is, at least nobody can feel Really Validated after this. Nobody was talking about Kazuya at all.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While it's not over yet, My confidence has taken a hit.

I'm taking it better than I thought I would because at least it's a new franchise and not another JRPG swordsman.

While I wasn't completely off, Prior to Heihachi being deconfirmed, I always thought Tekken was the likeliest newcomer from Bandai Namco and the next logical rep of the fighting genre, But seeing how Sakurai said he couldn't make it work and Heihachi got deconfirmed I think we all thought that wasn't gonna happen.

A buddy of mine is a big Tekken fan and while he's a pretty casual Smash fan, He always wanted Heihachi in Smash, So Kazuya is as close as it's gonna get and while I'm not much of a Tekken player myself I always respected the franchise it's self and have expected it to get some representation some point after Bamco took over development of Smash and added Pac-man.

So I'm overall I'm pretty neutral on the fighter reveal.

It's not over until it's over, But it's not looking good.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It's over guys. I'm *in depressed. What the * nintendo... Literally almost no mainline Tekken games are released on Nintendo consoles, the character originated from another fighting game (that I used to LOVE, to be clear) making this choice BORING vs a literally 90s mascot platform icon with ALL the main games on switch (with a great Crash 4 version too), and you choose *in Kazuya?! Not even Jin... well *.

It's over yep. Next character will be Animedude from Fire Emblem Blade of Destiny amirite
No need to be toxic as hell. It's just a game.

I am one of the biggest Crash supporter on the site. I wrote an 8 page essay on why I thought he would be CP 10. And he did not make it in. I am personally sad, but he could still be CP 10 and there is always next game.

Tekken however absolutely deserves to get in. It is one of the biggest fighting games of all time. It defined the PS1 and is the definitive 3d fighter. I can get being frustrated, but you are being ridiculous. And its obvious why they went for Kazuya instead of Jin: he is more important to Tekken. Kazuya went from the main hero of Tekken 1 to one of the series main antagonists. I think its clear why Sakurai chose him.

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet
I will admit kazuya is a pretty amazing character and I even enjoyed tekken personally coming from someone who played the game wayback in my childhood along with some friends and neighbors, Tho the thing is I just prefer terry more Its nothing but I think I Enjoyed kof a lot and I played more of it than tekken.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's not the end of the world, ya'll.

Think about the types of franchises that have gotten in thus far as DLC.

Traditional JRPG - Joker, Hero, Sephiroth
Platformer - Banjo-Kazooie
Fighting Game - Terry, Min Min, Kazuya
Tactical RPG - Byleth
Sandbox - Minecraft
Action RPG - Pyra/Mythra

With the overabundance of JRPGs and Fighting Games, I think it's safe to rule out another character from those genres unless we're pulling a Pokemon. If they want to rep genres multiple times, the only other choices here are Sandbox and Platformer. And I'd be willing to be more on the latter than the former

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Yea, I think I'll be giving up too. I just don't see how Crash could be revealed at anything but a huge event like E3. Maybe TGA, but I doubt they would wait that long to reveal the last character. I'm pretty damn sad right now. I do think Tekken is a worthy addition though, even if it wasn't who I expected.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Alright, so what game companies are left that had a presense in FP1?
Atlus/Sega and SNK.

SNK is not happening. Look how they dumped everything with Terry. If we were getting Metal Slug or Samarai Showdown, we would have not gotten all the SNK content we did. Atlus/Sega though... that leaves a lot of possibilities.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Disappointed that the rumored "Donkey Kong" game wasn't reveal, But I still have no doubt it's real and imagined Covid-19 delayed it's announcement.

I'm actually really excited about Mario Party Superstars, I was hoping for more Mario Party content and I was right and seeing how it looks heavily based off the N64 era games which I grew up playing, I can't wait to show my siblings this trailer and play it once it's out.

While I'm a bigger fan of the Prime series than the 2D, Metroid Dread looks really cool, Will probably have an excuse to catch up on the 2D series and eventually get and play this one.

I thought it was a solid direct and more diverse than previous ones, But overall I thought it was fine.

Still hoping for Pokemon direct sometime soon though.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
As someone who has been pushing the Crash train along for a good while and has remained optimistic about his chances, I will admit this does put a damper on things. E3 did seem like the perfect time to announce Crash and him not being here does hurt his chances quite a bit.

That being said, we still need to hold out hope until the very end. Crash wasn't revealed at E3 like we all thought, sure, but that doesn't mean Crash is out of the running. Is he as likely as we thought? Not at all. But his chances aren't 0 and we do need to ride this train out the whole way until we see that very last character.

I also want to say that I really hope no one is angry about Kazuya being in Smash. He probably wasn't any of our first choice's, but Tekken is a popular series that I do think absolutely deserved a character, and their was definitely a lot of vocal support for a Tekken rep, so I say we should all be happy for the Tekken fans that did get what they wanted. I'm also glad to see that PAC-MAN isn't alone when it comes to Namco representation, since I have always thought the lack of a second Namco rep was really, really bizarre, so I'm personally not too mad at Kazuya being in as say Sephiroth, who basically not only killed one of my other most wanted characters (Geno), but also being yet another Final Fantasy character from VII. Besides, Kazuya looks like a fun character and I'm pretty excited to try him out.

Anyways, all I can really say is let's hope for the best. We still have one more character left and while Crash's chances may look grim, it isn't over to we see the last character, so I'm definitely gonna ride this train out until the very end.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so what game companies are left that had a presense in FP1?
So basically just Sega/Atlus. I don’t see SNK getting any new reps after the overstuffing Terry’s pass got. So it’s most likely a Sega rep, a first party rep or a random third party but I don’t expect it. Crash’s chances are quite damaged but not completely dead. But in terms of probability:

1. First Party Rep
2. Sega Rep
3. Random Third Party
4. Repeat third party (aka another Microsoft or square rep)

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
So basically just Sega/Atlus. I don’t see SNK getting any new reps after the overstuffing Terry’s pass got. So it’s most likely a Sega rep, a first party rep or a random third party but I don’t expect it. Crash’s chances are quite damaged but not completely dead. But in terms of probability:

1. First Party Rep
2. Sega Rep
3. Random Third Party
4. Repeat third party (aka another Microsoft or square rep)
It’s possible we get another capcom rep but not expecting one at this point after the capcom mii costume dump

Top Bottom