• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That's fair. The stress IS getting to a lot of people, even if it's not related to E3 (i.e. the announcement that Activision will be focusing on COD during Summer Games Fest).
Crash not getting in Smash yet has stressed me out since 2008, when Sonic and Snake joined the fight

Just bring me our boi so I can end this torture please.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice

"Our #SuperSmashBrosUltimate Club battled it out in a week-long tournament to see who would take home the inaugural #TFB Smash Bros Championship trophy! Congrats to Stephen for taking the crown! #LifeAtTFB"

Does NOT mean anything at all before anyone asks. I just find it funny that one of Crash's studios as of recent time just did a Smash tourney not too long ago, and I'm sure they know how much people want to see Crash in Smash but figured they post about their tourney anyways because you know.. gotta have fun at work, but I'd be shocked if not a single person there wasn't aware of the hype for the orange marsupial to be in Smash.

(EDIT: I just remembered an interview with one of the TFB people that is aware of the hype, so nvm that part)

And considering how often peeps look further into **** on Twitter, surprised this tweet didnt blow up, maybe they didn't go as far as they normally would do for once :)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I admit that this has been one crazy ride for Ultimate being the ULTIMATE experience for all smash fans and newer players. What the fate is for DLC being over or not yet is all up to sakurai when the announcement begins in 5 days.
The DLC is the ultimate headache of the Smash series. We have no idea what to predict at this point.

Dukefire

Smash Master
That's the point with Sakurai keeping all secrets locked in after Smash 4's leak fest.

Also, the internet currently is focused on "Leaks" that may prove that the character has a higher chance to appear. Man, leaks can get people hyped up for possibly the wrong direction. We can only assume with the short amount of time left.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be 100% honest. If we get both of the last characters revealed on Tuesday, and that's confirmed to be it, then I may not be on Smashboards much longer. It's been fun talking with everyone about Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, Shantae, Tales of, etc., and I'll still be pulling for these guys until the end, but I was always planning on leaving once Ultimate's DLC wrapped up, since I feel like there won't really be a point in me continuing to come on here to discuss characters past the game's completion, and I believe we're only 5 days away from that time. I also think it might be time for me to retire from future Smash games altogether once Ultimate is finished, because it's likely never gonna be this good again.

Idk, is anyone else feeling this way?

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't really understand Sakurai's push to not leak stuff or reveal stuff. I would probably have been happier if he had just given us the full FP in a single presentation. All of the speculation just creates division in the fanbase and get people upset when their character doesn't make it.

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I don't really understand Sakurai's push to not leak stuff or reveal stuff. I would probably have been happier if he had just given us the full FP in a single presentation. All of the speculation just creates division in the fanbase and get people upset when their character doesn't make it.
Hype culture.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm gonna be 100% honest. If we get both of the last characters revealed on Tuesday, and that's confirmed to be it, then I may not be on Smashboards much longer. It's been fun talking with everyone about Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, Shantae, Tales of, etc., and I'll still be pulling for these guys until the end, but I was always planning on leaving once Ultimate's DLC wrapped up, since I feel like there won't really be a point in me continuing to come on here to discuss characters past the game's completion, and I believe we're only 5 days away from that time. I also think it might be time for me to retire from future Smash games altogether once Ultimate is finished, because it's likely never gonna be this good again.

Maybe reduce the amount of discussions, but I don't think I will be leaving completely.
Keeps the game revelant. Hype culture helps people become excited and then it’s either a YESSSSSSSS or **** THIS ****. I’m going lower this time around preparing for no Crash

volbound1700

Smash Master
Maybe reduce the amount of discussions, but I don't think I will be leaving completely.

Keeps the game revelant. Hype culture helps people become excited and then it’s either a YESSSSSSSS or ** THIS **. I’m going lower this time around preparing for no Crash
Definitely understand Hype Culture but it tends to cause backlash and disappointment as well. It has its strengths and weaknesses. The monetized Youtube Smash channels definitely love it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Definitely understand Hype Culture but it tends to cause backlash and disappointment as well. It has its strengths and weaknesses. The monetized Youtube Smash channels definitely love it.
Easy for YouTube. They want the watch, subscriptions, likes, and money

its social media manipulation101

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the thing is that it keeps people interested longer than if they just revealed everything immediately. Sure, some of it may be disappointing, but as they say, there's no such thing as bad press. And besides, people who would be disappointed with the fighter still would be if they were all revealed from the start.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

QQS

Smash Lord
I really hope the best for this guy to join the battle. He has a solid history in gaming, was the face of PS1, has many games on Nintendo, love his cartoonish style, a nice moveset to fit Smash, colorful character, good music and I loved his returns recently on the trilogy and 4. It will be an amazing and epic move to have him against Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Banjo-Kazooie and I hope also, Rayman.

I think he is happening. I think the slots are:

CP10: Crash or Rayman
CP11: Eggman, Tails or Hayabusa
Bonus: Waluigi, Bandana or my boy, Geno.

Well, I’m just hoping for the best. Would love to see such a perfect addition to Smash, like Crash!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I really don’t understand why people think Waluigi become playable is happening. He has as much chance as Goku has becoming playable.

If Crash isn’t in this one, my gut tells me he will be one of the main 3rd party fighters for the next one. The question is...base roster or DLC?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I really don’t understand why people think Waluigi become playable is happening. He has as much chance as Goku has becoming playable.

If Crash isn’t in this one, my gut tells me he will be one of the main 3rd party fighters for the next one. The question is...base roster or DLC?
Base roster could drive sales a lot, I’d think. I hope there’s another ballot after DLC ends, or that Ultimate Deluxe or something is a thing. I would like to see Crash, and other peeps that deserve it, and my most wanteds, face EVERYONE.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman

He has an infinitely higher chance, just by virtue of being a video game character. Probably not going to happen, but at least there's no hard rule against assist trophies being promoted to playable.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
He has an infinitely higher chance, just by virtue of being a video game character. Probably not going to happen, but at least there's no hard rule against assist trophies being promoted to playable.
I think the only official rule to get in Smash is that they need to have originated from a video game. Sakurai said as much a while back.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think the only official rule to get in Smash is that they need to have originated from a video game. Sakurai said as much a while back.
He's referring to the part where I'm against Waluigi making the DLC roster. If he's in, it's a slap in the face for other ATs. We know he's popular, but in my opinion, I think the threats turned Sakurai off and would keep him in the ATs for awhile unless he wants to pop a surprise or someone who takes over adds him.

Base roster could drive sales a lot, I’d think. I hope there’s another ballot after DLC ends, or that Ultimate Deluxe or something is a thing. I would like to see Crash, and other peeps that deserve it, and my most wanteds, face EVERYONE.
Something similar to MK8 Deluxe would be amazing. Will easily drive more sales. Would be hilarious if this DLC ends and then the next Smash on the next Switch system is a Deluxe and we get MORE characters XD

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He's referring to the part where I'm against Waluigi making the DLC roster. If he's in, it's a slap in the face for other ATs. We know he's popular, but in my opinion, I think the threats turned Sakurai off and would keep him in the ATs for awhile unless he wants to pop a surprise or someone who takes over adds him.

Something similar to MK8 Deluxe would be amazing. Will easily drive more sales. Would be hilarious if this DLC ends and then the next Smash on the next Switch system is a Deluxe and we get MORE characters XD
As long as everyone stays im all for it

besides I feel like some base game stuff, modes, spirit related stuff could be fine tuned in some areas

like how the Hero trailer had some of the WoL (Dark Realm) possession effects? I want all the possession effects as a permanent optional feature outside of WoL

and I still say it’s a crime Undertale has no spirit event

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
He's referring to the part where I'm against Waluigi making the DLC roster. If he's in, it's a slap in the face for other ATs. We know he's popular, but in my opinion, I think the threats turned Sakurai off and would keep him in the ATs for awhile unless he wants to pop a surprise or someone who takes over
Yeah, I'm not really rooting for Waluigi either. He's one of only a few characters I can think of and who I'm familiar with that I'm kind of against getting into Smash.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Lately I've been thinking "Who's more beneficial to Crash Bandicoot's chances in Smash?" based on who's picking the characters. Nintendo? or Sakurai?

We all know Sakurai said Nintendo is calling the shots this time around, But I would imagine he still has "Some" input and this is just pure speculation, But I believe this is a "Good thing" because while I'm sure Sakurai probably likes Crash, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not drooling over the opportunity to put him in Smash compared to someone like Joker for example.

I would imagine based on how much Nintendo has worked with Activision on promoting Crash gives me hope that some of the higher ups are big enough fans of the character to want to include him in Smash based on old rivalry, Playstation icon and early 3d platforming pioneer which hopefully Sakurai recognizes as well.

Top Bottom