• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
When has a DLC character for Smash EVER been teased by their own company? This isn't deliberate at all, this is coincidental at best, or intentional bait at worst because there's no way Crash's social media team don't know people are frothing at the mouth to get Crash into Smash Bros, so why not get some free extra clicks by making it look like they're saying something
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Whether he makes Smash or not, Crash will be taking Ridley’s throne as king of crashboards.

I think everyone is trying to get people hyped up to where it’s hard to take Twitter seriously

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Here's the thing I've had in my thoughts: It's no doubt Crash is without a doubt the most requested character that is left to consider (tho I feel like it was like that for a while anyways) but he's also a trap character.

Meaning like: While he's highly requested and a great fit for the game, he's also someone that can very much easily miss out on being in the game, which is a 'no ****' type of deal since that can apply to ANY legit considerations for Smash. But considering what Crash brings to the table as a character for the game, his legacy, and more? It's a big deal.

IF he does miss out on Smash, I can guarantee that he will be one of those characters that will be in those 'Smash characters that SHOULD'VE made the game' in like 110% of them. This upcoming E3 remains his BIGGEST chance for him to make into the game and while yes he still has a decent chance to be the last DLC slot (assuming they don't do a double reveal like they've done in E3 many times) the more then likely E3 reveal of CP10, the circumstances behind this years E3, and just Crash's legacy in general is what is propelling him to be one of the most.. if not the MOST requested character for Smash at this point.

As far as the recent Crash Social Media posts with the workout posts and that box I commented about above earlier, it looks like a strong coincidence but obviously does NOT confirm 110% that he will be in Smash. But it can NOT be denied that those posts are going to lead to SOMETHING revealed for Crash soon, and considering how every June since E3 2016 where Crash stuff either gets REVEALED or RELEASED? Along with the fact that this year is his 25th anniversary + the stuff/marketing they've been doing?

The chance of getting something for Crash this month is very high.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Eh, of all the things to give someone hope, a monthly event that a youtuber created doesn't really inspire confidence from a strong pillar, if you ask me.
I said that because I didn't actually know what Bandicoot Month was. I know now though, after a couple of people told me about Caddicarus' channel.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
When it's all said and done, I and would think most would be shocked if neither Crash Bandicoot or Rayman makes it in, I was believer that Rayman would have probably made it in earlier by now, Still possible, But I don't like his chances as much as I used too.

I still like Crash Bandicoot's chances more of the 2, While appearances in trailers and consistent major game support doesn't guarantee a roster spot, It certainly doesn't hurt and makes Crash seem more primed for Smash rather than the lesser inactivity of Rayman. (Who I would be cool with by the way)
The reason that I am higher on Rayman is the fact his content is already in the game and in Smash 4. Ubisoft clearly wants Rayman in it. There has been no evidence of negotiations between Activision and Nintendo.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
So here's a fun idea. If there was to be a double reveal at E3, but both characters wound up sharing their reveal trailer (ala Ken and Incineroar), which characters do you think could make sense for that type of reveal? I know we haven't had one of those other than Ken and Incineroar (who are fighting characters who both use fire in their movesets) and Simon and Richter (who are both from Castlevania), but if it were to happen again, which characters that you like or are rooting for, could you see sharing a reveal trailer together? For me:

Lloyd Irving and Yuri Lowell - Both are from the Tales of series, so if they both make it then they would obviously share a trailer reveal.

Yuri Lowell and Ryu Hayabusa - Both wield kitanas. Yuri the Second Star, and Ryu the Dragon Sword. (You could also use Lloyd instead of Yuri for this option and it could still make sense).

Crash and Spyro - Their respective series are not just from the same company, but their games are often intertwined/connected with each other, and they have been since the Playstation days. So it would make tons of sense for them to be revealed together.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
So here's a fun idea. If there was to be a double reveal at E3, but both characters wound up sharing their reveal trailer (ala Ken and Incineroar), which characters do you think could make sense for that type of reveal? I know we haven't had one of those other than Ken and Incineroar (who are fighting characters who both use fire in their movesets) and Simon and Richter (who are both from Castlevania), but if were to happen again, which characters that you like or are rooting for, could you see sharing a reveal trailer together? For me:

Lloyd Irving and Yuri Lowell - Both are from the Tales of series, so if they both make it then they would obviously share a trailer reveal.

Yuri Lowell and Ryu Hayabusa - Both wield kitanas. Yuri the Second Star, and Ryu the Dragon Sword. So they could potentially battle each other in their trailer. (You could also use Lloyd instead of Yuri for this option and it could still make sense).

Crash and Spyro - Their respective series are not just from the same company, but their games are often intertwined/connected with each other, and they have been since the Playstation days. So it would make tons of sense for them to be revealed together.
That would be cool but not going to happen :(. We will get two different franchises that are unrelated if we get double reveal (like Banjo and Hero).

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
That would be cool but not going to happen :(. We will get two different franchises that are unrelated if we get double reveal (like Banjo and Hero).
I mean, of the ones I listed, Ryu and Yuri could still fit for a double reveal trailer even though their series' aren't related to each other. But yeah, if it's a 50/50 chance of us getting Crash, then it might be next to impossible to see Spyro too. Especially since Spyro's presence in Japan is virtually non-existent. And for Lloyd and Yuri to both happen, they'd either have to share a Challenger Pack, or each take one of the last 2 spots, which I don't think is likely (despite me liking the former idea a lot).

But still, I thought it could be a fun topic to discuss.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I mean, of the ones I listed, Ryu and Yuri could still fit for a double reveal trailer even though their series' aren't related to each other. But yeah, if it's a 50/50 chance of us getting Crash, then it might be next to impossible to see Spyro too. Especially since Spyro's presence in Japan is virtually non-existent. And for Lloyd and Yuri to both happen, they'd either have to share a Challenger Pack, or each take one of the last 2 spots, which I don't think is likely (despite me liking the former idea a lot).

But still, I thought it could be a fun topic to discuss.
Agreed. Yeah, RYU and Yuri is feasible. The other two are unlikely. We might get Crash as character and Spyro as Mii Costume.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Agreed. Yeah, RYU and Yuri is feasible. The other two are unlikely. We might get Crash as character and Spyro as Mii Costume.
You know, on 2nd thought. Aside from those 3 suggestions I made for a double reveal trailer, the only other combination I could think of making sense is Master Chief and Doom Guy, since they're both first-person shooter characters who're owned by Microsoft. The former is their mascot, and the latter came from Bethesda, whose parent company Zenimax was bought by Microsoft a while back. Though, I'm not really expecting or rooting for Doom Guy personally.

So yeah, it seems like there aren't many combinations of characters that could potentially share one reveal trailer as I thought initially...🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet
You know just asking I know that crash is heavily supported on japan too but can I see some few tweets or anything in general about japanese people wanting crash in smash?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
You know just asking I know that crash is heavily supported on japan too but can I see some few tweets or anything in general about japanese people wanting crash in smash?
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom actually brought up a poll from about a year ago that I thought was interesting in his recent essay:

Crash made the top 10!

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom actually brought up a poll from about a year ago that I thought was interesting in his recent essay:

Crash made the top 10!
Polls don't really mean anything when it comes to who gets into the current game though. There's a reason why I never talk about Sora for Smash despite me loving the Kingdom Hearts series. He's too much of a rights nightmare to get into the game, unfortunately.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman

Crash made the top 10!
lmao Kirito from Sword Art Online

btw Crash and Porky dual reveal

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Polls don't really mean anything when it comes to who gets into the current game though. There's a reason why I never talk about Sora for Smash despite me loving the Kingdom Hearts series. He's too much of a rights nightmare to get into the game, unfortunately.
Well popularity isn't ALL you have to consider, but it most certainly is a factor. Especially when it comes to what is popular in Japan. Crash is one of the few western characters that has a decent following in Japan, which can only help his chances.

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet
Well I meant mostly support from fans like tweets for example but I am glad to see him make it to the top 10
Still I have seen only 2 so far Id like to see more.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Somewhat of a random thought that kind of just occured to me doesn't really make to sense.

I always hear people say that Coco Bandicoot as an Echo/Alt/Semi-Clone or whatever would be "Impossible" because of different skeleton hitbox compares to her brother Crash Bandicoot.

But...

If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong Banjo-Kazooie skeleton or hitbox design was based off of Ridley's as they have some similar attacks and their much more different compared to Crash and Coco.

I'm no game designer so am I viewing this the wrong way or am I making any some sort of sense here?

The only thing that I can think of is that Ridley's already existed as a framework for Banjo-Kazooie where as Crash and Coco's foundation would possibly have to be from another existing fighter's framework.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well popularity isn't ALL you have to consider, but it most certainly is a factor. Especially when it comes to what is popular in Japan. Crash is one of the few western characters that has a decent following in Japan, which can only help his chances.
So it's okay to rely on the Japanese market if it means them potentially supporting your most-wanted western character, but god forbid if they get a JRPG character they love, and everyone in the west loses their minds...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think it'll be Crash's time to shine finally?

A part of me hopes so, but at the same time I'm kinda feeling Master Chief will be the big reveal who I also want.

Only the 15th will tell when we get to that day.

Also how and where do you rate Crash's chances for this years E3?

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Crash made the top 10!
Kirito
Goku.

I mean at least Saber and Reimu are game characters, jesus.
Let's Hope the write up ages like Wine and not Milk.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I honestly don't know the Bandicoot's chance of getting into Ultimate. He could be in, but it is all up to Sakurai and the companies for the final results. Which is coming in a week away.
Screenshot_20210531-180719_YouTube.jpg

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So it's okay to rely on the Japanese market if it means them potentially supporting your most-wanted western character, but god forbid if they get a JRPG character they love, and everyone in the west loses their minds...
Why are you being so accusatory? Please try to relax. I don't have a problem with JRPG characters being added.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
For me, one of the big questions is that Activision doesn't have a large history of being involved in inter-company crossovers. There's the guests in Tony Hawk, but that mostly consists of characters that they happened to already have a license for. Luckily, the other big exceptions are Bowser/DK in Skylanders and Ganondorf in Diablo, so there's evidence of a Nintendo dialogue. But I don't think there's ever been an Activision character in someone else's game... hang on, looks like they got a Crash cameo in something called "Astro's Playroom". That's a glimmer of hope if I ever saw one.

Crash simply wasn't a significantly popular request until N Sane Trilogy was confirmed for Switch, after which things just completely exploded for him. That was realistically too late to be included in negotiations for the base game or first pass... I think the timeline is tight, but there's enough room for both companies to have seen the demand and jumped on board. I'm not optimistic, so only time will tell. E3 doesn't have to be "his only shot", either.

Top Bottom