• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Call of Duty isn't even that popular anymore yet the only THING keeping it alive is the people who play it, they don't care about characters at war or a story revolving around love & sadness, Nope. they only care about shooting their friends online, zombies, calling flak to each other, etc.

Sometimes it's reality that puts misery on us and i dislike it.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Im more of a Papa Johns and Pizza Pizza guy myself, but it's interesting to see the Noid come back in an official capacity.

Funny that he crosses over with Crash of all characters, as Crash was part of Pizza Hut promotions in his heyday.

(im just sad the likes of the Noid and Bubsy came back before Golden Sun)
I'm pretty curious about your icon, could you please tell me what it's based on?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Call of Duty isn't even that popular anymore yet the only keeping it alive is the people who play it, they don't care about characters at war or a story revolving around love & sadness, Nope. they only care about shooting their friends online, zombies, calling flak to each other, etc.
Considering the franchise in general is the third best selling game franchise (only behind Mario and Tetris), I think it's safe to say the franchise is popular, even then I agree that the multiplayer aspect has become more compelling to Activision than the actual story.

Do I like it becoming the Activision franchise in favor of everything else? No, especially considering that franchise's yearly release model essentially forces the devs to abandon a game after the next one comes out.

One idea to keep Crash afloat could be have Activision license Crash out to other dev studios, like what Microsoft has been doing with some of Rare's franchises.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, I heard the news about Toys For Bob, so now enjoy this nice little rant from me.

Activision,
WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING.
First Vicarious Visions, and now f*ing Toys For Bob. Are you actually kidding me? It's increasingly getting harder and harder for me to defend Activision's actions when they pull s* like this, but now this is the final straw for me. VV and TFB have played a huge role in reviving the Crash and Spyro franchises, and the fact that Activision treats them this way absolutely sickens me. Jesus Christ, this year is supposed to be Crash's 25th anniversary, but it's kinda hard to really celebrate or get excited when Activision treats the franchise and the studios this way.
And to top it all off, not only is TFB no longer a Crash and Spyro studio, they are now exclusively a GOD DAMN COD STUDIO. ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS? Yeah, as if COD needed another damn studio to work on the exact same thing every damn year. Activision has shown time and time again that they don't give a f*** about their devs and the teams working on these games, and this is a prime example of that. Seriously, f*** Activision.

I wanna apologize if I sound angry, but this genuinely p*es me off beyond words can even describe. As for how I think Crash's future may look like in the future, I think Beenox is our last beacon of hope to keep the Crash and Spyro franchises alive, but considering how Activision treats their developers if today is anything to go by, I won't be surprised at all if Beenox ends up going away as well, as sad as this is for me to say. As for Crash in Smash, I still have hope for that and if the five-year plan is anything to go by, the decision to add Crash in Smash was most likely decided on a long time ago, and regardless of how Activision feels about the Crash franchise now, that decision to add Crash in Smash likely has already been made. I won't lose hope for Crash appearing in Smash, but I am definitely very weary of Crash's future if Activision continues to pull scummy bulls* like this.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Someone explain to me how this makes sense from a business standpoint. This feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Someone explain to me how this makes sense from a business standpoint. This feels like a disaster waiting to happen.
Activision only cares about making the most amount of money possible. That's why their entire focus is on Call of Duty and little else. Idk why they even made the new Crash, Spyro, and Tony Hawk games in the first place. It felt like there were people that actually cared about games at Activision for a second there, but either they lost the power they had or left the company. Leaving only the greediest execs in charge.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
That's really sad Activision couldn't be bothered to give the franchise more chances after the success of the trilogy.
But instead of fixing mistakes, let's focus on Call of Duty. Wow.

By the way that wouldn't affect Crash's chances at all, since the decision would have been made around three years ago (maybe even more if we see Steve's case). However that doesn't seem to be good for the franchise's future...

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Activision only cares about making the most amount of money possible. That's why their entire focus is on Call of Duty and little else. Idk why they even made the new Crash, Spyro, and Tony Hawk games in the first place. It felt like there were people that actually cared about games at Activision for a second there, but either they lost the power they had or left the company. Leaving only the greediest execs in charge.
even so having 9 studios all working on the same 1 or 2 games just doesn't seem like the best move. This feels like there are just too many cooks in the kitchen.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Word on the street is that Call of Duty 2021, which will be an alternate history game where World War 2 continues into the 50's and 60's and be called Vanguard is shaping to be a train wreck similar to say Anthem, Fallout 76, and Cyberpunk. Activision supposedly already got a road to recovery map in place as they refuse to delay the game to 2022. Seems like Vanguard being such a disaster in the making and their continuing support for Warzone, Cold War, and Modern Warfare are likely why they have all of their studios working on cod now.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but doesn't the Department of Defense fund Activision with Call of Duty?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but doesn't the Department of Defense fund Activision with Call of Duty?
Not really. DoD doesn't fund COD (as that would require approval from a bunch of people outside of DoD), but rather they often have some say over how the military is depicted in the games and often work with the devs on the details of various weapons and gadgets used in war.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not really. DoD doesn't fund COD (as that would require approval from a bunch of people outside of DoD), but rather they often have some say over how the military is depicted in the games and often work with the devs on the details of various weapons and gadgets used in war.
Must have misread then, or the person I read it from got it all wrong.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Word on the street is that Call of Duty 2021, which will be an alternate history game where World War 2 continues into the 50's and 60's and be called Vanguard is shaping to be a train wreck similar to say Anthem, Fallout 76, and Cyberpunk. Activision supposedly already got a road to recovery map in place as they refuse to delay the game to 2022. Seems like Vanguard being such a disaster in the making and their continuing support for Warzone, Cold War, and Modern Warfare are likely why they have all of their studios working on cod now.
I've heard those rumors on Twitter. It seems Activision has WAY over-extended on the franchise and now has no easy way of getting out.

Perhaps, and hear me out on this one, releasing games with complex online metas that require constant upkeep on an annual basis is not a sustainable business model.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've heard those rumors on Twitter. It seems Activision has WAY over-extended on the franchise and now has no easy way of getting out.

Perhaps, and hear me out on this one, releasing games with complex online metas that require constant upkeep on an annual basis is not a sustainable business model.
If they don't go bankrupt, then it's sustainable. If they do, then it's not. It's kinda like the witch trials, where both outcomes are pretty bad...

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Ugh, this may be Crash's only chance of being in Smash. No wonder why Sony had trouble getting Crash in PSASBR.
Crash negotiations happened way before the decision to move TfB to Call of Duty was even conceptualized. This should have no bearing on his odds of getting in.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
It really isn't, but they produce boatloads of money because people buy them willy nilly, which Activision and every other company need to survive on their budgets. Without actual sales numbers or rankings, the best we know is that Crash 4 did "ok" compared to N. Sane Trilogy hitting #4 of its month of release with only a single day of sales.

I'm all for being sad about Crash/Spyro being back where they were pre N. Sane Trilogy, but remain realistic. We could get another game (and maybe it won't hide crates/gems in outlandish locations) as there's clearly an audience that Activision could milk a bit of but then again, maybe not. At least we went out with a bang if so.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I'm pretty curious about your icon, could you please tell me what it's based on?
It's KOF (Terry's partial game of origin) fanart.

Just Chris being mocked for looking like cute lil' kid (while also being a psychotic killer with fire powers and the chosen body for the reincarnation of a god)

EVERY ONE IS HERE.

sorry couldn't resist.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Well, I heard the news about Toys For Bob, so now enjoy this nice little rant from me.

Activision,
WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING.
First Vicarious Visions, and now f*ing Toys For Bob. Are you actually kidding me? It's increasingly getting harder and harder for me to defend Activision's actions when they pull s* like this, but now this is the final straw for me. VV and TFB have played a huge role in reviving the Crash and Spyro franchises, and the fact that Activision treats them this way absolutely sickens me. Jesus Christ, this year is supposed to be Crash's 25th anniversary, but it's kinda hard to really celebrate or get excited when Activision treats the franchise and the studios this way.
And to top it all off, not only is TFB no longer a Crash and Spyro studio, they are now exclusively a GOD DAMN COD STUDIO. ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS? Yeah, as if COD needed another damn studio to work on the exact same thing every damn year. Activision has shown time and time again that they don't give a f*** about their devs and the teams working on these games, and this is a prime example of that. Seriously, f*** Activision.

I wanna apologize if I sound angry, but this genuinely p*es me off beyond words can even describe. As for how I think Crash's future may look like in the future, I think Beenox is our last beacon of hope to keep the Crash and Spyro franchises alive, but considering how Activision treats their developers if today is anything to go by, I won't be surprised at all if Beenox ends up going away as well, as sad as this is for me to say. As for Crash in Smash, I still have hope for that and if the five-year plan is anything to go by, the decision to add Crash in Smash was most likely decided on a long time ago, and regardless of how Activision feels about the Crash franchise now, that decision to add Crash in Smash likely has already been made. I won't lose hope for Crash appearing in Smash, but I am definitely very weary of Crash's future if Activision continues to pull scummy bulls* like this.
No need to apologize for this. These news are legitimately infuriating. I've never had any interest in COD but after this I think I'm slowly starting to hate it. I'm so worried about Crash and Spyro's future right now. For once I thought that these two beloved franchises were back for real and that they wouldn't leave us, and then Activision pulls this up.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It's KOF (Terry's partial game of origin) fanart.

Just Chris being mocked for looking like cute lil' kid (while also being a psychotic killer with fire powers and the chosen body for the reincarnation of a god)

EVERY ONE IS HERE.

sorry couldn't resist.
Wow, A God, that's surprising.
Thanks Though, I've been thinking about the icon since the hand on top of his head makes me think it's Ragna.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
After thinking on it longer, I just decided to take a break from all things Smash for several days. My blow-up was really out of line, and I'm sorry for that. I feel a lot better now, and I'll do my best to not get that angry again.
Don't forget, you're here forever...

On a more serious note, glad to see you feeling better. I was honestly thinking of sharing the mod that removes everything EXCEPT the Fire Emblem content to help cheer you up...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Don't forget, you're here forever...

On a more serious note, glad to see you feeling better. I was honestly thinking of sharing the mod that removes everything EXCEPT the Fire Emblem content to help cheer you up...
As funny as that is (I actually didn't know about that one), I wouldn't want to remove any character from this roster. It's too damn good!

Besides, I don't know anything about installing mods, so yeah. I do appreciate the sentiment though, thanks.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As funny as that it (I actually didn't know about that one), I wouldn't want to remove any character from this roster. It's too damn good!

Besides, I don't know anything about installing mods, so yeah. I do appreciate the sentiment though, thanks.
I mean I’d happily use mods to add more music, but I don’t want to risk a ban from the eshop

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I really hate Activision...

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ugh, this may be Crash's only chance of being in Smash. No wonder why Sony had trouble getting Crash in PSASBR.
1. Guys, Sony wasn't able to get Crash in PSASBR because the game had a poor budget. The fact that they got only third party characters from recent games and the fact that we got donte instead of Dante says a lot about the kind of budget they were working with.

2. I saw what happened with Activision earlier. It looks bad, but don't lose hope people! Word has it that Activision has all these studios working on COD because the next game is apparently going to be a disaster so they are putting all hands on deck to make sure their cash cow stays alive. And then they will likely let Beenox and others work on the Crash and Spyro games. Now if we don't hear anything about either series in a couple years, then yeah I would worry. But for now I don't think this is a big danger to Crash.

Basically, it has less to do with Crash and Spyro and more like "Mayday! Mayday! Our cash cow is in danger! Send backup!"

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
1. Guys, Sony wasn't able to get Crash in PSASBR because the game had a poor budget. The fact that they got only third party characters from recent games and the fact that we got donte instead of Dante says a lot about the kind of budget they were working with.

2. I saw what happened with Activision earlier. It looks bad, but don't lose hope people! Word has it that Activision has all these studios working on COD because the next game is apparently going to be a disaster so they are putting all hands on deck to make sure their cash cow stays alive. And then they will likely let Beenox and others work on the Crash and Spyro games. Now if we don't hear anything about either series in a couple years, then yeah I would worry. But for now I don't think this is a big danger to Crash.

Basically, it has less to do with Crash and Spyro and more like "Mayday! Mayday! Our cash cow is in danger! Send backup!"
Never really thought of it that way. Hopefully this is what is happening and not the darkest timeline.

Top Bottom