• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Crash's On The Run design has kinda grown on me. Reminds me of the very first PS1 Crash in a good way. Coco's, however.... not a fan. She looked so awesome in Crash 4 too, so it's a bit of a bummer.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Random question: What would you all think of the last 2 DLC fighters being a double reveal for Crash and Spyro? I think the odds are slim to none, mainly because of Spyro's presence in Japan being nonexistant (at this point, he'd have to be added solely for the western audiences) in comparison to Crash, but I also think it would be a cool way to finish the pass.
That would be pretty awesome to see and one of the things I do hope for. The chances of it however are pretty slim to none, but we'll see

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Random question: What would you all think of the last 2 DLC fighters being a double reveal for Crash and Spyro? I think the odds are slim to none, mainly because of Spyro's presence in Japan being nonexistant (at this point, he'd have to be added solely for the western audiences) in comparison to Crash, but I also think it would be a cool way to finish the pass.
Oh I would be ecstatic. That would be close to a dream scenario, but the odds are slim as you said. Who knows, it would be cool to see happen but I personally doubt it. If it did though I would be arrested for noise violations.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

This thread talks about the love that went into the design updates this time.

Also, to keep things Smash-relevant...

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

This thread talks about the love that went into the design updates this time.

Also, to keep things Smash-relevant...

I still can't believe that they brought back Mr. ****ing Crumb for this game. Legit, between that and Hasty and Yaya in Nitro Fueled, they did so many deep cuts. I am glad that Crash is doing so well with its revival so far. Lots of love has been poured into everything, even the mobile game which I was not expecting personally.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still can't believe that they brought back Mr. ****ing Crumb for this game. Legit, between that and Hasty and Yaya in Nitro Fueled, they did so many deep cuts. I am glad that Crash is doing so well with its revival so far. Lots of love has been poured into everything, even the mobile game which I was not expecting personally.
I believe that ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos is partially to thank for Mr. Crumb, since he came into contact with the man who would go on to interview George Fergan, one of the Crash 99X creators. Danyq64 told Carlos about Crumb, which inspired him to draw fan art, which subsequently lead to increasing fan demand for the guy to return in new Crash games.

The developers behind these games are definitely fans of the series, which I couldn't be any more thankful for, it's wonderful. ☺

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I believe that ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos is partially to thank for Mr. Crumb, since he came into contact with the man who would go on to interview George Fergan, one of the Crash 99X creators. Danyq64 told Carlos about Crumb, which inspired him to draw fan art, which subsequently lead to increasing fan demand for the guy to return in new Crash games.

The developers behind these games are definitely fans of the series, which I couldn't be any more thankful for, it's wonderful. ☺
Now, I don't like tooting my own horn, but yeah. With special thanks to Danyq64, without me the Crumb train wouldn't have left the station. After I posted those first two fanarts.
20210330_120200.jpg
20210330_120212.jpg
After posting this on Reddit so many fanarts followed, it was kind of nuts. It paying off in the end was a satisfying feeling, cause not only are we getting Crumb, we're also getting Thorn Thing. I also wouldn't be surprised if his two other lackeys make appearances later.

The desire for these obscure and abandoned characters probably also inspired them to add scrapped enemies like the Pink Elephant from the cut Coco's mind level in Twinsanity. I believe we're bound to see some weird ones eventually like Land Shark, Goat King, freaking Elli-Mental. Sky's the limit.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Now, I don't like tooting my own horn, but yeah. With special thanks to Danyq64, without me the Crumb train wouldn't have left the station. After I posted those first two fanarts.
After posting this on Reddit so many fanarts followed, it was kind of nuts. It paying off in the end was a satisfying feeling, cause not only are we getting Crumb, we're also getting Thorn Thing. I also wouldn't be surprised if his two other lackeys make appearances later.

The desire for these obscure and abandoned characters probably also inspired them to add scrapped enemies like the Pink Elephant from the cut Coco's mind level in Twinsanity. I believe we're bound to see some weird ones eventually like Land Shark, Goat King, freaking Elli-Mental. Sky's the limit.
Now all we have to do is petition for Mr. Crool to come back...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
OTR is on its way to a shocking 25 million downloads.
I think this is the biggest success Crash's seen in years. I don't think even the N. Sane Trilogy sold this many copies.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
That's not a good thing. It just means less console games and more mobile crap
Well... As much as I'm happy about Crash's success as a franchise right now, I can't deny that is a possibility. We had the Konami drama in the past with them focusing on predatory mobile games and leaving their AAA games to dust. I do fear that's a possibility considering it is Activision we are talking about.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that this game has been promoted and eventually released alongside a full-fat console game, so it's not really a "Nitro Kart 2/3D" kind of situation.

Plus, they specifically picked a developer that's pretty good with making mobile games and treat it as a legitimate side/spin-off game while Toys For Bob and Beenox are presumably busy working on more good stuff that'll be revealed in due time.

But maybe it's too much for me to ask not to worry about the sky falling for more than five minutes in here...

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I'm still thinking Crash has a really good chance, but if he doesn't make it would y'all hope for SOME sort of representation? Not sure if it would happen, but I'd prefer to have a Mii Costume and/or a spirit event rather than NOTHING. I just want to see Crash in some sort of fashion within the greatest gaming crossover of all time if I'm being honest...

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So I'm still thinking Crash has a really good chance, but if he doesn't make it would y'all hope for SOME sort of representation? Not sure if it would happen, but I'd prefer to have a Mii Costume and/or a spirit event rather than NOTHING. I just want to see Crash in some sort of fashion within the greatest gaming crossover of all time if I'm being honest...
If we don't at least see THIS as a Brawler costume
God himself.jpg

Then what the **** is the point of hoping for Crash anything at this rate

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I want to make a joke about how we said that two months ago, but I don't actually remember if we said that two months ago...
Well, there’s a good chance that we’ll be seeing a double reveal in May/June so that’s actually true this time.... unless they somehow announce FP3 lol

Well... As much as I'm happy about Crash's success as a franchise right now, I can't deny that is a possibility. We had the Konami drama in the past with them focusing on predatory mobile games and leaving their AAA games to dust. I do fear that's a possibility considering it is Activision we are talking about.
I don’t think Activision would do that. They clearly still see value in AAA gaming or else they would’ve moved COD to mobile. They’ll have their hands in both pots.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Not Crash-related, but here's the official disconfirmation on Ryu Hayabusa, translated from an interview on a Spanish-Nintendo news site earlier today... https://smashboards.com/attachments/309405/
Comes to show how you can never be certain about a character, no matter how likely they seem. One of the most speculated characters just got the rug pulled out from under him.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Yea I'm pretty bummed about Ryu, but on a more positive note I got my B&K Amiibo today!

The first one was actually stolen off my porch believe it or not, but here it finally is:

20210331_185746.jpg

Crash finally has a friend! Seriously these are the only two gaming figures I have in the house... lol

It seems a little ridiculous sometimes to expect my two most wanted to make it into Smash, but here I am. Here's hoping Crash here will be able to try on his Smash tux sometime this year so they match...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yea I'm pretty bummed about Ryu, but on a more positive note I got my B&K Amiibo today!

The first one was actually stolen off my porch believe it or not, but here it finally is:

View attachment 309419

Crash finally has a friend! Seriously these are the only two gaming figures I have in the house... lol

It seems a little ridiculous sometimes to expect my two most wanted to make it into Smash, but here I am. Here's hoping Crash here will be able to try on his Smash tux sometime this year so they match...
Cool! I just ordered a Banjo Amiibo earlier today myself! It'll take a couple weeks to arrive at my house though. The only other figures I own are First4Figures for both Link and Zelda from Breath of the Wild 👍

Top Bottom