• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A reminder that polls like that tend to be heavily (heh) skewed to a handful of characters and don't reflect on the silent majority of what people actually want. This also applies to Crash as well but i have seen more requests for him than Heavy i should say.

Also, why Heavy? I know he is the "face" but i find Scout, Soldier and Demoman much more easy to work a moveset than Heavy, who isn't exactly know for his speed and jumping.
I feel like him being the face of the game plays a big part, but no other class has the ultimate weapon.

On a more relevant note, I've been playing through Crash 4. I'm not going to aim for 100% completion, since that requires deathless runs and I'm not sure how well that meshes with the series' trial-and-error/die-in-one-hit gameplay, but I'm enjoying it (especially with the Modern Mode and the yellow circle that makes it easier to tell where you'll land - some of the torchlit temple stages in Crash 1 were basically just leaps of faith), and I'm hoping to beat it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like I was told earlier, the GSR site is silly. Multiple votes per character are allowed and every game-related character in the universe and their mother are on it, even Akinator, of all people.

I love TF2, but I think a lot of the fanbase is really desperate to get a rep out of the misguided belief it would get Valve to care about the game more. So you see a lot of them brigading polls.
As far as I'm concerned, TF2 won't get in Smash unless a Nintendo-related cameo, port, spin-off, whatever is involved. That's usually the prerequisite involved for any third-party.

A reminder that polls like that tend to be heavily (heh) skewed to a handful of characters and don't reflect on the silent majority of what people actually want. This also applies to Crash as well but i have seen more requests for him than Heavy i should say.

Also, why Heavy? I know he is the "face" but i find Scout, Soldier and Demoman much more easy to work a moveset than Heavy, who isn't exactly know for his speed and jumping.
Pretty much. As far as the ballot "results"/conjecture were concerned, SNK apparently didn't exist before Ultimate came along.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
GSR sucks bruh, do not take it seriously. It honestly is one of the worst sources of data possible.

Now looking at Smash polls cumulatively, it is clear Crash is a fan favorite. Just look at Source Gaming's megapoll for 2020, where Crash took the crown. Crash regularly does well in fan polls. Fan polls have to be taken with a grain of salt, and no poll is a perfect prediction. But the trend of polls is a good thing to watch.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's something that's interesting to think about...

While Sak, the Bamco team under him and Nintendo won't take fan suggestions from Twitter or wherever while DLC is being developed, maybe they at some point noticed all the attention Crash has been getting on every front regardless since at least 2017? If that gave them the impetus to negotiate with Acti, Crash would have been locked down as a choice somewhere around January 2020.

Also, going back to the alleged 5-year plan leak for a moment, if the rumored "Wumpa League" spin-off game doesn't contradict it, then I guess that game wouldn't be announced until after Crash was confirmed to get in Smash, since June is when Crash-related news or releases typically tend to happen these days.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
GSR sucks bruh, do not take it seriously. It honestly is one of the worst sources of data possible.

Now looking at Smash polls cumulatively, it is clear Crash is a fan favorite. Just look at Source Gaming's megapoll for 2020, where Crash took the crown. Crash regularly does well in fan polls. Fan polls have to be taken with a grain of salt, and no poll is a perfect prediction. But the trend of polls is a good thing to watch.
Honesty (Other than Heavy) It's really not that far off.

Again while one poll is just a small fraction of the Smash fanbase, But when you start seeing more and more polls all over the internet it then really starts to show you the overall general view of the "Landscape" of potential Smash candidates and for the most part the same candidates rank around the same give/take.

That being said Crash Bandicoot has definitely risen to the #1 of the "Most Wanted" list or at the least "Top 3".

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
On a more relevant note, I've been playing through Crash 4. I'm not going to aim for 100% completion, since that requires deathless runs and I'm not sure how well that meshes with the series' trial-and-error/die-in-one-hit gameplay, but I'm enjoying it (especially with the Modern Mode and the yellow circle that makes it easier to tell where you'll land - some of the torchlit temple stages in Crash 1 were basically just leaps of faith), and I'm hoping to beat it.
Actually, 100% completion does not require deathless runs. They're only necessary if you want to achieve 106%.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
More behind the scenes stuff, including the creative process behind Mr. Crumb's design and a sneak peek at the first post-launch pass.

Say, if they're willing to add Titans, are there any in particular that anybody wants to see? Personally, I hope we at least get Ratcicle. He was always my favorite.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Say, if they're willing to add Titans, are there any in particular that anybody wants to see? Personally, I hope we at least get Ratcicle. He was always my favorite.
I think Spike and Ratcicle are likely the most iconic, since they had a big presence in both Titans and Mutants. I feel like they have a very high chance of appearing.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, the Hayabusa thing is a bit up in the air at the moment, but I think we all agree this hurts more than it helps.

Just hope the guy in charge of Crash doesn't say something similar...
Honestly, Lou Studdert (?) would be likelier to deny that they had any involvement with Smash, seeing as he supposedly "isn't aware" of the 106% easter egg in Crash 4.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well, the Hayabusa thing is a bit up in the air at the moment, but I think we all agree this hurts more than it helps.

Just hope the guy in charge of Crash doesn't say something similar...
I edited my message just in case, but I still feel like Hayabusa's chances took a nosedive with that tweet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if we happen to not have E3 in June, do y'all think we'll see the next fighter in April? I mean, they have been revealing the fighters every 2 months since Steve's reveal so I could see it happening in April. But than again, if Fighter's Pass 2 is it, I imagine they would want to reveal FP10 alongside FP11 in the same Direct like how they did with Corrin and Bayonetta in the last Smash 4 Direct. If we get more DLC, I could see a April reveal being more likely.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So if we happen to not have E3 in June, do y'all think we'll see the next fighter in April? I mean, they have been revealing the fighters every 2 months since Steve's reveal so I could see it happening in April. But than again, if Fighter's Pass 2 is it, I imagine they would want to reveal FP10 alongside FP11 in the same Direct like how they did with Corrin and Bayonetta in the last Smash 4 Direct. If we get more DLC, I could see a April reveal being more likely.
I personally think a short wait to e3 is not that bad. We would only be waiting through april, may, and the first week or so of June. I just can not see Smash passing up E3, and I would put more stock in a double reveal than a reveal before E3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I personally think a short wait to e3 is not that bad. We would only be waiting through april, may, and the first week or so of June. I just can not see Smash passing up E3, and I would put more stock in a double reveal than a reveal before E3.
Same. But in the scenario where we don't get E3 and a Fighter's Pass 3 is announced, I think a April reveal could be likely. But only in that scenario.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Eh, I'd think May would be more likely. Besides, do we even know if Nintendo will be there this year? Usually by this point, we know SOME of the companies, at least...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
As of right now, I'm predicting May for Challenger 10, and Challenger 11 being revealed at E3. But... if we don't get E3 again this year, than I suppose they'll just reveal Challenger 11 at a later date.

I wouldn't mind a double reveal in May, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Same. But in the scenario where we don't get E3 and a Fighter's Pass 3 is announced, I think a April reveal could be likely. But only in that scenario.
I mean, even if E3 is not in the cards per say, there is no way Nintendo passes up a Direct in June, right around the end of the second quarter. I fail to see how we do not get any smash news there, and we will almost certainly not get Smash news a month after the previous reveal.

I think right now we all are a little spoiled at how quickly Steve-Pythra rolled out, but I think that Nintendo will let this stretch out a little longer and do CP10 in June.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, even if E3 is not in the cards per say, there is no way Nintendo passes up a Direct in June, right around the end of the second quarter. I fail to see how we do not get any smash news there, and we will almost certainly not get Smash news a month after the previous reveal.

I think right now we all are a little spoiled at how quickly Steve-Pythra rolled out, but I think that Nintendo will let this stretch out a little longer and do CP10 in June.
I agree.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At any rate, until proof of the contrary, I honestly think it'll be a quiet two-month and week period before we hear anything new regarding the next two characters. Esecially if they're announcing something ELSE alongside CP10's presentation stream...

In the meantime, today's article implies that we'll get playable Tawna, since they liked the alternate one's gameplay in 4. Please let it be the mainline universe version, it's been so long.

https://collider.com/crash-bandicoot-on-the-run-app-details-gameplay/

MattX20

Smash Hero
At any rate, until proof of the contrary, I honestly think it'll be a quiet two-month and week period before we hear anything new regarding the next two characters. Esecially if they're announcing something ELSE alongside CP10's presentation stream...

In the meantime, today's article implies that we'll get playable Tawna, since they liked the alternate one's gameplay in 4. Please let it be the mainline universe version, it's been so long.

https://collider.com/crash-bandicoot-on-the-run-app-details-gameplay/
I'd rather it be the main universe Tawna and preferably not with an awful haircut like the alternate universe one.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I'd rather it be the main universe Tawna and preferably not with an awful haircut like the alternate universe one.
I have actually gotten used to Alternate Tawna, i prefer the new attire, but yeah, the awful haircut really ruins it, it's the only real complaint i have about her now (although i do think her face looks weird at times, but it's not that much of a big deal)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly Alt Tawna grew on me once I played Crash 4. At first I hated the idea but, ya know, in context it made sense. I’d argue if you asked me gun to my head I would say if the color of the hair was a bit more subdued I would like it better than old Tawna. I just hope Old Tawna is not relegated to minor cameos at best.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I might be in the minority here but I like both Tawnas and prefer both to be shown as playable. Or at least an alt attire

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So this Nate guy said Crash is most likely not Smash DLC. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom