• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly if I would have to rank the Crash games in order from favorite to least favorite (so far), it would probably be:
Crash 2 > Warped > Crash 4 > Crash 1

I personally like all these games and its hard to really choose a favorite, but Crash 2 is easily my favorite. Crash 2 introduced so many new mechanics that would eventually become mainstays for the series like belly-flopping, sliding, and riding on animals, and these were definitely needed after how atrocious the gameplay of Crash 1 was. I also think Crash 2 has the perfect balance of difficulty we've seen yet. The game's hard, but its definitely not too hard, and it doesn't have the bull**** completion requirements like getting the colored gems in Crash 1, getting the time trial relics in Warped, and getting all the flashback tapes in Crash 4. The game isn't made difficult from the completion requirements, but more because of the actual platforming itself, and I wish more Crash games were like that. I also think Crash 2 easily has the most balanced difficulty progression yet, and I actually feel like each level is harder as I go on, and I can't say that about the other games.

With that said, I love all these games, yes, even Crash 1, but I don't think it's even a contest at this point. I'll probably always be clouded by nostalgia, but I still think Crash 2 is the best one yet.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Honestly if I would have to rank the Crash games in order from favorite to least favorite (so far), it would probably be:
Crash 2 > Warped > Crash 4 > Crash 1

I personally like all these games and its hard to really choose a favorite, but Crash 2 is easily my favorite. Crash 2 introduced so many new mechanics that would eventually become mainstays for the series like belly-flopping, sliding, and riding on animals, and these were definitely needed after how atrocious the gameplay of Crash 1 was. I also think Crash 2 has the perfect balance of difficulty we've seen yet. The game's hard, but its definitely not too hard, and it doesn't have the bull**** completion requirements like getting the colored gems in Crash 1, getting the time trial relics in Warped, and getting all the flashback tapes in Crash 4. The game isn't made difficult from the completion requirements, but more because of the actual platforming itself, and I wish more Crash games were like that. I also think Crash 2 easily has the most balanced difficulty progression yet, and I actually feel like each level is harder as I go on, and I can't say that about the other games.

With that said, I love all these games, yes, even Crash 1, but I don't think it's even a contest at this point. I'll probably always be clouded by nostalgia, but I still think Crash 2 is the best one yet.
Ehhhh, I don't know. I didn't have too much trouble playing Warped (though I've never beaten it 100%), whereas I struggled with Crash 2 because of the 3 original trilogy games, it was the one I played the least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw a post ranking Crash 4 with the original trilogy seeing how it stands with those games, so here's my ranking.

Crash 2 > Crash 4 > Crash 3 > Crash 1

I love Warped with all my heart, as it was my first Crash game (and first game overall) but I've found myself liking Crash 2 and 4 more than it.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Not Crash in Smash related, but I'm here with the sad news that Canadian Guy Eh just lost his baby due to a miscarriage. My deepest condolences go out to him and his wife. 🙏
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I don't know much about this Youtuber, but my thoughts and prayers go out to them regardless. No one, absolutely no one, should ever have to outlive their child.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I do like how Crash 4 takes more inspiration from 2 than 3.

On the other hand, the fact that they thought the hidden box of Cold Hard Crash was a nice idea and decided to hide boxes in a similar way in most levels is super annoying.
This is why Crash 4 is a great game to just play.....and a terrible game to complete. Like hell, even getting costumes feels arduous, far more than it should be.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
My personal ranking is Crash 4 > Crash 2 > Crash 3 > Crash 1.

Also, managed to get 100% completion. I want to get 106% eventually, we'll see...
ExCZOO6VkAEk5mK.jpg
For now I'll keep a "humble" approach and just accept whatever relic I receive when I finish a level... I'll try to get the platinum relic on the ones I didn't manage to later... and yeah... 1 perfect relic still missing, just guess which it is, just guess...

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/TheKnight4Smash/status/1373704112835940354

It looks like the general consensus for the most part of who is the most highly requested character based on this tweet is our boy Crash Bandicoot. And even if we don't consider the tweet, I see Crash A LOT as far as highly requested characters and who people want to see in the game are concerned. Always great to see tons of folks throw their support and vote for the orange marsupial.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

It looks like the general consensus for the most part of who is the most highly requested character based on this tweet is our boy Crash Bandicoot. And even if we don't consider the tweet, I see Crash A LOT as far as highly requested characters and who people want to see in the game are concerned. Always great to see tons of folks throw their support and vote for the orange marsupial.
I don't even love the Crash Bandicoot games (they're alright), but I really feel like the most glaring omission given that we have Sonic, PacMan, Megaman, and Mario is Crash. I'm not saying that the DLC that Nintendo ends up choosing has to make sense, but if I had to bet on one and only one character, my money would go on Crash. I don't love the Crash games, but I do think Crash has a fun personality and aesthetic, I'd love to see him. And he really is the largest missing 1990s mascot imo.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

It's great to see, but I just wish we would've seen this explosion of support before FP2 was finalized. It's like people just woke up one day and realized how amazing Crash's inclusion would be. This massive upsurge in support seems to have come a bit late, so Crash is likely only getting in due to his own merits. Those merits are superb though, and Nintendo likely knew we would want this even without seeing all the vocal support.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another article talking about how On The Run is closer to the Crash console game experience.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...eveloped-to-resemble-a-console-game-on-mobile

Having peeked at the Global Smash Roster yesterday, he's the second most demanded character overall there after The Heavy, and a ton of the franchise's characters have been cheered to various degrees (even Mr. Crumb). He's definitely anticipated, regardless of what silly metrics get used.

It's great to see, but I just wish we would've seen this explosion of support before FP2 was finalized. It's like people just woke up one day and realized how amazing Crash's inclusion would be. This massive upsurge in support seems to have come a bit late, so Crash is likely only getting in due to his own merits. Those merits are superb though, and Nintendo likely knew we would want this even without seeing all the vocal support.
I like to think that Acti and their devs saw how much buzz Smash 4 and its ballot had over various characters and went "That's it! That's just the thing needed to cement the series' popularity!" and then did everything in their power to revive the series and get noticed by Nintendo over the course of the next several years.

I mean, given the rather convenient timing of the Skylanders guest appearance and N. Sane Trilogy announcements on the year after the ballot ended.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
My only gripe with the "Global Smash Roster" website is that while I find "Heavy" to be a fun, charming and appealing character along with "Team Fortress 2", I still find it really hard to believe that Heavy "Apparently" has more fan demand there than Crash Bandicoot.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
My only gripe with the "Global Smash Roster" website is that while I find "Heavy" to be a fun, charming and appealing character along with "Team Fortress 2", I still find it really hard to believe that Heavy "Apparently" has more fan demand there than Crash Bandicoot.
I love TF2, but I think a lot of the fanbase is really desperate to get a rep out of the misguided belief it would get Valve to care about the game more. So you see a lot of them brigading polls.
Actually, I think I read somewhere that somebody shared that site with the TF2 Reddit, hence the massive amount of votes.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think I read somewhere that somebody shared that site with the TF2 Reddit, hence the massive amount of votes.
Yeah it was the result of a massive brigade of TF2 subreddit folk pumping votes for the mercs. Same thing's going on with Danganropa and Disgaea characters I believe, but idk from where tbh.

Faso115

Smash Lord
A reminder that polls like that tend to be heavily (heh) skewed to a handful of characters and don't reflect on the silent majority of what people actually want. This also applies to Crash as well but i have seen more requests for him than Heavy i should say.

Also, why Heavy? I know he is the "face" but i find Scout, Soldier and Demoman much more easy to work a moveset than Heavy, who isn't exactly know for his speed and jumping.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
A reminder that polls like that tend to be heavily (heh) skewed to a handful of characters and don't reflect on the silent majority of what people actually want. This also applies to Crash as well but i have seen more requests for him than Heavy i should say.

Also, why Heavy? I know he is the "face" but i find Scout, Soldier and Demoman much more easy to work a moveset than Heavy, who isn't exactly know for his speed and jumping.
Did someone say poll? I made a poll for characters that I believed had little to no chance of making it into smash and Penta Penguin is on there. I would also be ok if you told me how to do polls better. I have 2.

Top Bottom