• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I swear, if Crash gets in that is the absolute height of gaming right there. That's it. We're done. Pack up the consoles. It's all downhill from there... :grin:
That's alright. I plan on retiring from Super Smash Bros. after Ultimate's DLC wraps up anyway. Odds are the series is never gonna be this star-studded, packed with content, rich in detail, or amazingly good ever again, so I'm happy with Ultimate being my last Smash game 😀

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
If only life had a forward button. You don't know how much **** I would skip with that.
Right there with you. I'm trying to live in the moment though so it won't be as agonizing...

And hey I just realized we're both from Texas! I got family in Houston! Howdy! (Just kidding I don't really say that).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's alright. I plan on retiring from Super Smash Bros. after Ultimate's DLC wraps up anyway. Odds are the series is never gonna be this star-studded, packed with content, rich in detail, or amazingly good ever again, so I'm happy with Ultimate being my last Smash game 😀
Me too. I might still play the games after Ultimate, but in terms of taking part in speculation, I think Ultimate will be my last rodeo. I have discussed during Smash 4 speculation on Reddit and Ultimate speculation on SmashBoards. I'm done after this game.

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Right there with you. I'm trying to live in the moment though so it won't be as agonizing...

And hey I just realized we're both from Texas! I got family in Houston! Howdy! (Just kidding I don't really say that).
Fellow Texans? Heck yeah!

Honestly, I'll stick with the next game. I wanna see where they take the series following Ultimate.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Fellow Texans? Heck yeah!
HOWDY Y'ALL!!! It's nice to see some follow Texans here.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Me too. I might still play the games after Ultimate, but in terms of taking part in speculation, I think Ultimate will be my last rodeo. I have discussed during Smash 4 speculation on Reddit and Ultimate speculation on SmashBoards. I'm done after this game.
Yeah, I've been following Smash speculation since 2014 in the months leading up to Smash 4, and in that time, Ultimate has left me feeling pretty fulfilled. All veterans and damn near every stage I love are here, we got some of the most requested newcomers in Smash history like Ridley, King K. Rool, Inkling, Simon and Banjo & Kazooie, and some of my favorite game characters wound up being DLC, like Joker, Terry, Byleth, Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra.

I just don't feel like I want to continue past Ultimate. It's just too damn good.

Even if Crash and Ryu don't make it, I'm fulfilled. But god what a cap off it would be if they both make it as the last 2 characters 🤞 🤞

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
From Houston, Texas too and lived there until 1999, But moved to Chicago, Illinois where I still am to this very day, Still have family back in Texas too. (Yee-haw !!!)

Though I'm a native Texan, I still like bringing this scene up from Spongebob because it's more funnier that way.

Last edited:

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Assuming we'll get some kind of Direct from Nintendo in June I'm willing to bet the next character is someone big, and my money is still Crash Bandicoot as the "E3 tier" pick. His comeback is still going strong, he's got 5 great games on the Switch, and his games have been featured along with 1st party IPs in Nintendo ads (or just 1 ad, correct me if I'm wrong). I really feel confident on Crash being next.

Or the last fighter. Please be one of the remaining DLC slots. 🙏

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
It doesn't help that I have some pretty bad memories associated with it.

I'd rather not talk about it...
Well damn. I'm sorry to hear that. :(
CLAAAAY! Man, I used to love Xiaolin Showdown!
Me too! I just stumbled upon the GIF randomly. I remember watching Jackie Chan Adventures, Xiaolin Showdown, Mucha Lucha, Yugioh, and Pokemon on Saturday mornings. Those were the days...

Also, do you ever notice how pretty much every freaking Texan featured in popular media looks like they walked out of a John Wayne movie? No wonder my friend from California thought we rode horses to school... xD

Honestly, I'll stick with the next game. I wanna see where they take the series following Ultimate.
I'm interested to see where they take the series after Ultimate as well. It'll probably be impossible to top roster-wise, so it would be a good idea to maybe focus on mechanics and have a much smaller cast next time. Maybe bring back a Subspace style mode, but much more ambitious. Lean more towards competitive play with supers and assists, but also make that optional. Idk. Just some ideas.

Whatever they do I'll most likely always come back to Ultimate especially since there's probably going to be deep cuts.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I just think it is so cool that on the first page of this thread people were heavily doubting the N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch, and now freaking Crash 4 is arriving on it next week. Damn that's awesome. I'm just super happy for Crash's revival in general. He didn't deserve to die, and people knew it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just think it is so cool that on the first page of this thread people were heavily doubting the N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch, and now freaking Crash 4 is arriving on it next week. Damn that's awesome. I'm just super happy for Crash's revival in general. He didn't deserve to die, and people knew it.
As they say, hindsight is 20/20. There are times when I desperately want to say "You were worried for nothing!" on here.

Me, I'm glad that I can fully invest into a phase of Crash's history that's far less polarizing than how things were in the '00s. But I never gave up on him before this, and I'm loyal to the end.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh lordy, they actually brought back Thorn Thing. The devs at King really are invested into this.

Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for when game developers acknowledge the obscure stuff. I think that started when I played Epic Mickey and found out about Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (love that guy, btw). Here's hoping they add the other two bosses from that game.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Who the heck is this?
He makes videos for Did You Know Gaming and basically is like a reporter in a way, when it comes to lost games and other media (check out his content)

But as far as his relation to Crash Bandicoot? It's messy.

In regards of Wumpa League, he was reporting about that being dead and then randomly said how it might not be dead after all, while also having these random ass grudges against the fanbase (including others) and his reporting on the topic has always been inconsistent and it never has been positive at all. It's also weird that he is stands by 110% of his reporting in regards of Crash lately, but yet has the said videos behind a paywall, knowing full well that not everyone is gonna pay $$$ just to get one piece of content. So it's rather weird that he's preaching that, while also knowing that not everyone is going to be able to watch/listen to said video

From someone that knows this better:

"From people I’ve had long conversations with he does have a history of having grudges against certain fandoms and half of the time he is full of it so the Crash and Spyro fandoms are just another add on to his pile list. A lot of us have talked about such as Me, Spyro Universe, Canadian Guy Eh and many others alongside here to and we know he despises us very much. He gets a good crack out of it at times but honestly I would rather have someone a lot more reliable with a better attitude reporting stuff than Liam someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. Spyro Universe even told me that whilst we were pouring in all our efforts to revive Crash and Spyro that Liam was against us and despised how we went about our actions of demanding them to revive both franchises but meh karma will come for him sooner or later it’s just a matter of time before the penny drops." - Dazzling Darren

So take his stuff with a massive grain of salt and just know that he is rather flip flop and has this unreasonable grudge against the Crash community (although he'll never admit that)

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
He makes videos for Did You Know Gaming and basically is like a reporter in a way, when it comes to lost games and other media (check out his content)

But as far as his relation to Crash Bandicoot? It's messy.

In regards of Wumpa League, he was reporting about that being dead and then randomly said how it might not be dead after all, while also having these random ass grudges against the fanbase (including others) and his reporting on the topic has always been inconsistent and it never has been positive at all. It's also weird that he is stands by 110% of his reporting in regards of Crash lately, but yet has the said videos behind a paywall, knowing full well that not everyone is gonna pay $$$ just to get one piece of content. So it's rather weird that he's preaching that, while also knowing that not everyone is going to be able to watch/listen to said video

From someone that knows this better:

"From people I’ve had long conversations with he does have a history of having grudges against certain fandoms and half of the time he is full of it so the Crash and Spyro fandoms are just another add on to his pile list. A lot of us have talked about such as Me, Spyro Universe, Canadian Guy Eh and many others alongside here to and we know he despises us very much. He gets a good crack out of it at times but honestly I would rather have someone a lot more reliable with a better attitude reporting stuff than Liam someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. Spyro Universe even told me that whilst we were pouring in all our efforts to revive Crash and Spyro that Liam was against us and despised how we went about our actions of demanding them to revive both franchises but meh karma will come for him sooner or later it’s just a matter of time before the penny drops." - Dazzling Darren

So take his stuff with a massive grain of salt and just know that he is rather flip flop and has this unreasonable grudge against the Crash community (although he'll never admit that)
This is the first I'm hearing about this "Crash fanbase hate" thing. I thought that only started because people were outright immature about his Crash video. This isn't even the first time that sort of thing happened: when he revealed Skylanders was on ice, he was similarly put on a witch hunt. Plus, like it or not, Liam IS a big part in this sort of thing. He's talked games that either had virtually no information on them (This Is Vegas), or games that were LITERALLY UNKNOWN to the public (the cancelled Green Lantern game he recently did). Obviously, if he has reason to believe his sources, he has reason. Can't exactly argue with that.

But for what it's worth, he did mention he plans to release the Crash video publicly at some point. He mentioned he wanted to update the video to better clarify a few things, as apparently the original video made it seem worse than it actually was. That COULD be what lead to him saying Wumpa League might not be dead, and his more recent tweet that you shared. We can't really say at the moment.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, I've been following Smash speculation since 2014 in the months leading up to Smash 4, and in that time, Ultimate has left me feeling pretty fulfilled. All veterans and damn near every stage I love are here, we got some of the most requested newcomers in Smash history like Ridley, King K. Rool, Inkling, Simon and Banjo & Kazooie, and some of my favorite game characters wound up being DLC, like Joker, Terry, Byleth, Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra.

I just don't feel like I want to continue past Ultimate. It's just too damn good.

Even if Crash and Ryu don't make it, I'm fulfilled. But god what a cap off it would be if they both make it as the last 2 characters 🤞 🤞
Same here. Ultimate gave me K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie after I've been waiting for all of them since Melee. I waited 17 to 18 years for those 3. Ultimate also gave me Sephiroth too who I've also been wanting for awhile. I still want characters like Goemon, Krystal and Dixie Kong, but I know they will have to wait until Smash 6 or a future Smash. I will still be playing the games after Ultimate, but I'm done with speculation after this cycle.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
So I thought I'd come up with a spirit board concept for Crash Bandicoot. Let me know what you all think?
Crash Bandicoot (Fighter)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Primary - Ace)
Coco Bandicoot (Primary - Advanced)
Aku Aku (Support - Ace)
Tawna Bandicoot (Support - Novice)
Dingodile (Primary - Advanced)
Dr. Nefarious Tropy (Support - Advanced)
Uka Uka (Support - Legend)
Spyro The Dragon (Primary - Legend)

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
So I thought I'd come up with a spirit board concept for Crash Bandicoot. Let me know what you all think?
Coco Bandicoot (Primary - Novice)
Aku Aku (Support - Ace)
Dr. N. Gin and Dr. N. Brio (Support - Advanced)
Feel like Coco should be Ace, but that's really the only complaint I have.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Coco Bandicoot (Primary - Advanced)
Aku Aku (Support - Ace)
Dr. N. Gin and Dr. N. Brio (Support - Novice)
Lab Assistant (Primary - Novice)
I feel like it doesn't make much sense for Aku Aku and Uka Uka to not have the same "spirit level" (we have 2 legend spirits in Pyra/Mythra's board so it is not an impossibility), but other than that I think it is interesting.

Also, Crunch and Nina feel like glaring omissions to me but at the same time they have been pretty absent in the main series having only minimal references in Crash 4, so I can see why.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
rfarleydude97 rfarleydude97 Update on Liam:

Yeah, this is DEFINETLY a case where the fanbase is showing its bad side. Again, let's just wait for the video to come out before making assumptions.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I really dislike the people that either hype up something or doomsay about a certain property and never reveal the details because "i'm working on x stuff". This Liam guy seems like it's actively trying to stir trouble but hey, the stuff he knows could be actually interesting.

If only he weren't openly antagonistic to begin with

Top Bottom