• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This is how Cortex wins and gets into smash
Man, this "everyone is the protagonist" thing is getting out of hand...

(If I had a nickel for everytime I made that joke, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice).
You do know that ONE ending in Crash 4 right?
I haven't played Crash 4, and I've already decided to pre-order Balan Wonderworld, so I probably won't play it for awhile...

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I know that almost everyone agrees that if Crash gets in, they'll most likely use his N Sane model, due to Crash 4 being a little bit more recent. But what about the possibility of Crash in Smash having his very own design? Kinda like how Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! has a different design.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know that almost everyone agrees that if Crash gets in, they'll most likely use his N Sane model, due to Crash 4 being a little bit more recent. But what about the possibility of Crash in Smash having his very own design? Kinda like how Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! has a different design.
I don't know, having him act like a normal bandicoot might be off-putting...

(This is meant to be a joke).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't mind seeing a mixture of N.Sane and 4. Or pull a Roy and do an upgrade works.

As long as they don't give him that god awful Crash of the Titans artwork...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't mind seeing a mixture of N.Sane and 4. Or pull a Roy and do an upgrade works.

As long as they don't give him that god awful Crash of the Titans artwork...
It doesn't look that bad(i'm not wanting to believe the Crash of the Titans design was awful)

But it'll most likely not be used since Sakurai prefers classic designs for some characters.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Wouldn't it be interesting if this second Pass was supposed to have 5 characters again, but when Nintendo approached Activision about Crash, they'd say "We'll let Crash join Smash if Spyro can be added too," and that's why the pass has six fighters?

Doubtful that's what really happened. Dunno why Activision would insist on bundling in Spyro, nor why Nintendo would agree instead of going "forget it, we'll just add Dante instead." But I just want to play as Spyro in Smash and this is literally my last hope so just give me a break!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just started CTR. I'm liking it so far. There's definately a higher learning curve than Mario Kart, and is it just me or are items really strong in this game? Or maybe it's just the stun animation that's more punishing lol. I have a hard time getting back a lead once I've lost it.

The only thing that bugs me so far are the loading times. I'm wondering if this is mostly a Switch issue? I straight up do other things while I'm waiting.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just started CTR. I'm liking it so far. There's definately a higher learning curve than Mario Kart, and is it just me or are items really strong in this game? Or maybe it's just the stun animation that's more punishing lol. I have a hard time getting back a lead once I've lost it.

The only thing that bugs me so far are the loading times. I'm wondering if this is mostly a Switch issue? I straight up do other things while I'm waiting.
Only played the switch version of the remake but from my understanding the long load times is an issue with the Switch version.

Items are strong if you get stuck in the crowd and things become a cluster****. Otherwise things will be more dependent on your skill as you can potentially get such a lead that no amount of items will allow other racers to catch up. Get a handle of the boost mechanics and learn the shortcuts and that should suffice against the computer.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
CTR is so fun. Glad you’re enjoying it! Honestly there’s some things Nintendo could learn from this game for the next Mario Kart.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm sorry, did I miss something? I'm truly out of the loop here and didn't mean to upset.
That leaker has made multiple claims (such as the dates of Nintendo Direct) only for them to be false. They're not a reliable source, though there was a brief period of time where people thought that they were and took everything they said seriously.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I apologize for perhaps asking too much, but what did she forced you to see?
Somebody's... you-know-what. I don't remember if it was a man's or a woman's.

Anyway, we should REALLY get back to Crash talk. Um... if, for some reason, Crash became a Mii Costume instead of a playable character, what song would you want to come with him?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Anyway, we should REALLY get back to Crash talk. Um... if, for some reason, Crash became a Mii Costume instead of a playable character, what song would you want to come with him?
The N. Sanity Beach theme.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman

No.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

I'd like to see Dingodile's and N.Tropy's themes from the 3rd game. Dingo's is too perfect for a fight

Top Bottom