• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm just not sure about a Capcom rep anymore after that massive leak.
For what it's worth, the Capcom leak didn't even reveal Capcom's OWN DLC for Street Fighter V, let alone Smash information.

I wouldn't get so hung up on that. It's not like everything they have in store was leaked - in fact, I'm pretty sure Resident Evil RE: Verse wasn't leaked and that was revealed last month. In addition to the aforementioned remaining SFV DLC character, no information implying Eleven's inclusion either. We only got a fraction of Capcom's sensitive info.

But my god does the diversity of the fighter pass as a whole really suck and is so damn lopsided, Even if it wasn't gonna be Crash Bandicoot or some other platforming mascot, At least mix it up with a "Gunner" like Master Chief or someone a different archetype.
I'm not trying to pop in and tell people how to feel, but I really think this pass has done a nice job keeping things diverse. Sephiroth and Pyra, who are completely different anyway, are the most similar we've gotten back to back thus far. Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth all cover different genres, fighting styles, and general audiences in a way that I personally feel even outdoes FP1. Sephiroth and Pyra may both fall into an anime style and both use some sort of sword (even though Masamune and Aegis have very little in common), but I struggle to find too much overlap beyond those pretty general labels too.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, the Capcom leak didn't even reveal Capcom's OWN DLC for Street Fighter V, let alone Smash information.

I wouldn't get so hung up on that. It's not like everything they have in store was leaked - in fact, I'm pretty sure Resident Evil RE: Verse wasn't leaked and that was revealed last month. In addition to the aforementioned remaining SFV DLC character, no information implying Eleven's inclusion either. We only got a fraction of Capcom's sensitive info.
For now, I say we wait and see who gets taken out during Pyra's showcase. It'll probably be Lloyd (maybe as a nod to how Monolith Soft used to be owned by Bandai Namco?), but it could very well be Monster Hunter.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For now, I say we wait and see who gets taken out during Pyra's showcase. It'll probably be Lloyd (maybe as a nod to how Monolith Soft used to be owned by Bandai Namco?), but it could very well be Monster Hunter.
Of course, I was just clarifying that the Capcom data leak doesn't really imply one way or the other.

I do think Lloyd is more fitting for this batch though, especially because I could see us getting a KOS-MOS costume or something to boot.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
I kinda doubt that leak is real given the fact that they listed the DLC's in order. Implying that Crash is #10 and MH is #11. As people have pointed out that MH Song is already in the game, so it could just be the person who made it forgot that fact and included it.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I kinda doubt that leak is real given the fact that they listed the DLC's in order. Implying that Crash is #10 and MH is #11. As people have pointed out that MH Song is already in the game, so it could just be the person who made it forgot that fact and included it.
Part of me feels like it doesn't matter because you could say the same thing for some of the other songs that are already in the game that are on the list.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
The Smash community literally is a cesspool, they want everybody but also nobody. "No cartoony characters" unless one is immediately revealed. "No Anime swordsmen" unless it's the anime swordsmen they specifically want. "No Nintendo characters" except the obscure tritagonists of those games. I think it's usually best to ignore reactions on social media / forums that are outrageous simply because a character's inclusion causing that much anger is just...stupid. It's a video game. Even if Crash doesn't get in, I will personally still be happy with the game.

Push comes to shove, somebody will probably mod Crash in lmao.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If MH really does get in then we will have FOUR Capcom reps
I don't think it's productive to look at company "reps" when each company has so many great series and characters with their own individual worth.

Even then, if any company has earned "four reps" it's Capcom. It's very telling that the community has such a hard time deciding who should be their next character. Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney... all significant series on their own that could totally warrant a fighter. Additional characters with their series already in Smash like Chun-Li or Zero are among Capcom's most popular characters as well.

I'm not sure if you meant it like "woah four reps for one company is too much!" but I just default to interpreting it that way since I've heard that said a lot and... I don't really think that's fair. I mean, one of those "reps" is Ken and he's an echo fighter. Meanwhile Sega has three ORIGINAL "reps" from three different series. Just no need for that kind of arbitrary mindset, not saying to expect more than one character per company in a given pass but at least keep an open mind about how the individual worth of a character or series transcends a simple company label.

Anyway, sorry that this isn't about Crash but I feel like it's something people should keep in mind in general.

Last edited:

Some AT-AT

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's productive to look at company "reps" when each company has so many great series and characters with their own individual worth.

Even then, if any company has earned "four reps" it's Capcom. It's very telling that the community has such a hard time deciding who should be their next character. Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney... all significant series on their own that could totally warrant a fighter. Additional characters with their series already in Smash like Chun-Li or Zero are among Capcom's most popular characters as well.

I'm not sure if you meant it like "woah four reps for one company is too much!" but I just default to interpreting it that way since I've heard that said a lot and... I don't really think that's fair. I mean, one of those "reps" is Ken and he's an echo fighter. Meanwhile Sega has three ORIGINAL "reps" from three different series. Just no need for that kind of arbitrary mindset, not saying to expect more than one character per company in a given pass but at least keep an open mind about how the individual worth of a character or series transcends a simple company label.

Anyway, sorry that this isn't about Crash but I feel like it's something people should keep in mind in general.
I'm just saying it would pretty neat if a 3rd party had four reps

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

I wouldn't get so hung up on that. It's not like everything they have in store was leaked - in fact, I'm pretty sure Resident Evil RE: Verse wasn't leaked and that was revealed last month. In addition to the aforementioned remaining SFV DLC character, no information implying Eleven's inclusion either. We only got a fraction of Capcom's sensitive info
I feel like it's possible the media I've been consuming has exaggerated this leak a bit. Either way, I know there's still a lot of information to sort though. I just found it odd that something as big as Smash hadn't turned up yet. It's reassuring that SFV DLC hasn't even leaked.

Well, it's also possible that's just the song that was chosen for the orchestra. It's hard to tell of course.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hey, if we really want to stretch things and fit Crash into the theory that everyone in this pass is characters that didn't make it to the base game or FP1, we could say that Crash was considered for Melee but never made it.

Is that how smash speculation works? We always look for a stretch right?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hmmm, there is something about this leak that is suspicious, makes me not want to believe it. I am not sure why, other than maybe the orchestra list thing.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hmmm, there is something about this leak that is suspicious, makes me not want to believe it. I am not sure why, other than maybe the orchestra list thing.
Is it the Monster Hunter bit? That's what's doing it for me. I'm pretty convinced at this point the costumes are coming back...

D

Deleted member

The Smash community literally is a cesspool, they want everybody but also nobody. "No cartoony characters" unless one is immediately revealed. "No Anime swordsmen" unless it's the anime swordsmen they specifically want. "No Nintendo characters" except the obscure tritagonists of those games. I think it's usually best to ignore reactions on social media / forums that are outrageous simply because a character's inclusion causing that much anger is just...stupid. It's a video game. Even if Crash doesn't get in, I will personally still be happy with the game.

Push comes to shove, somebody will probably mod Crash in lmao.
Not playing Smash Ultimate and not being apart of the conversation on Twitter give you less to be mad about. Too bad those people will never learn though.

D

Deleted member

as if crash is anywhere near as iconic as Minecraft
also the last character revealed is usually the one Nintendo thinks they can get away now that everyone has actually bought what they're trying to sell based on the previous characters

also also orchestra leak is dumb and bad, it's literally 80 songs, when the original concert had a tracklist of 15, and was an hour long, there is no way there's actually going to be as many songs as mentioned in the "leak".
also also also orchestral music is bad and I hate it which is the true reason it's fake

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You're being way too pessimistic here, Crash is likely the last character to be unveiled because Nintendo knows they'll get another Minecraft Steve situation with his confirmation.
And you're being too overoptimistic and overconfident. There's a fairly good chance Crash can actually miss the cut.

Remember when folks were fairly certain on Resident Evil making it?

What about King K. Rool when everyone was certain he'd be the Ballot winner?

Not saying he won't happen but don't treat it like he's guaranteed and a lock. For all we know the "big" character could be Monster Hunter, and Chun-Li (First female fighting character and female video game characters for that matter too, definitely E3 reveal-worthy), arguably Ryu Hayabusa as well being probably gaming's mostic iconic ninja and classic NES icons.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What do you mean with another Minecraft Steve situation?
I think they mean a character that would (literally) break Twitter. Which Crash COULD do, but... I don't think even Sephiroth managed to pull it off.

Anyways, update on Liam's findings:

Basically, there is a possibility that one of the games he found to be cancelled (something called Wumpa League?) might still be in development, albeit with another studio and reasonably different. There is, however, another project that was DEFINETLY cancelled.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
as if crash is anywhere near as iconic as Minecraft
also the last character revealed is usually the one Nintendo thinks they can get away now that everyone has actually bought what they're trying to sell based on the previous characters.
Crash as a character is synonymous with PlayStation. For him to be in Smash Bros would complete the 90's rivalry of Mario vs Sonic vs Crash, that's iconic.

What do you mean with another Minecraft Steve situation?
Where the reveal was so hyped that it crashed Twitter.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Crash as a character is synonymous with PlayStation. For him to be in Smash Bros would complete the 90's rivalry of Mario vs Sonic vs Crash, that's iconic.

Where the reveal was so hyped that it crashed Twitter.
I actually thought for a moment that with "another Minecraft Steve situation" you could be referring to how Minecraft in Smash was being planned for five years, the same way that this rumored "five year plan" for Crash includes the character being in Smash by 2021.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Originally accidental double post lol.

Anywho, what music do y’all think would be in Crash’s trailer? I was debating between N Samity Beach, Warp Room, and the IAT theme.

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I think they mean a character that would (literally) break Twitter. Which Crash COULD do, but... I don't think even Sephiroth managed to pull it off.

Anyways, update on Liam's findings:

Basically, there is a possibility that one of the games he found to be cancelled (something called Wumpa League?) might still be in development, albeit with another studio and reasonably different. There is, however, another project that was DEFINETLY cancelled.
Isn't this guy a hack?

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
No? Why'd you think that?
I've been looking through several subreddits and it appears he's gotten stuff right, but also gotten stuff wrong, which I suppose is the nature of things. I thought this was the guy that said Crash was cancelled again before the announcement of Crash 4 a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom