• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Crash 4 will be coming to PC. Only reason I think is because they didn’t put Nitro Fueled but they put N Sane on PC for whatever reason.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The cartoon wasn’t on it, but at the same time this was likely made way later (2019/2020) so that means that Activision saw an opportunity to push crash more. Besides, it doesn’t matter since it got cancelled anyway.

but it was
2017: n sane
2018: port it
2019: ctr
2020: crash mobile and crash 4
2021: crash in smash
I wanted to double check to see exactly what these plans entailed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but getting Crash in Smash seems to be the least straightforward thing on this list. Everything else is purely on Activision on whether or not it gets done (even the mobile game, which was made by a subsidiary). They can't just go up to Nintendo and be like "Put Crash in your crossover thingy, you NERDS!": this requires negotiations. Perhaps the reason why people are taking the show being cancelled as a bad sign for Smash is because, based on that one claim that Activision made even NETFLIX (who are notorious for allowing ANYTHING on their platform) to want to avoid them, it could imply that Activision wanted something that Nintendo didn't want, be it a conflict in opinion on how he should be depicted or even just Activision got greedy again and were asking for too much of that sweet Smash money.

Then again, it could just as easily be Nintendo's fault (maybe by the time Activision approached them, Nintendo had already decided on the FP2 cast) or evrn both. I'm not trying to bring the mood down or anything, and I'm sorry if I did. I just figured this was worth examining, based on my limited knowledge of the matter.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
What was going to be in the cartoon that made them want to strike a deal with amazon anyway? Crash's humor, especially Crash 4, is pretty much no more harsh than what's allowed on something like Cartoon Network, if shows like Gumball are any indication.

Pretty sure both medias got away with a pp joke in the same exact fashion. Plus, Amazon? Unless you're Netflix or Hulu, 9/10 chances are your show's going under the radar for years.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
What was going to be in the cartoon that made them want to strike a deal with amazon anyway? Crash's humor, especially Crash 4, is pretty much no more harsh than what's allowed on something like Cartoon Network, if shows like Gumball are any indication.

Pretty sure both medias got away with a pp joke in the same exact fashion. Plus, Amazon? Unless you're Netflix or Hulu, 9/10 chances are your show's going under the radar for years.
Cartoon Network (along with Nickelodeon, Netflix, Quibi, and HBO Max with some others) passed on distributing the cartoon, not because of the cartoon itself but more so with Activision (as far as why they did this deal originally with Amazon)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A cartoon getting cancelled shouldn't effect Crash's chances whatsoever. It would be like if they cancelled the Sonic 2 movie. "Oh no! Tails or Eggman ain't likely for this game because the Sonic 2 movie was cancelled." Like, that's a very silly way of thinking when these characters are global gaming icons.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, the cartoon has no bearing on Crash being in Smash, other than Activision being difficult to work with. Which is a claim I've heard before, and has been the only reason I think Crash doesn't get in if he doesn't. I feel like he's popular enough and fits well enough that Nintendo/Sakurai would discuss it with Activision.

And publishers don't go to Nintendo to request to be in Smash--as Sakurai said, it starts with Nintendo approaching him with an idea, he says whether or not it would be feasible, and then they go to the publishers to begin discussions.

I would have thought the October release would have been Crash, because that would be perfect timing (a game launch is more significant than a conference, which is why they timed Steve along with Minecon). Which dashed some hopes, but it could also be the case that they were always saving Crash for a E3 2021 reveal. Crash and Sora have been the only characters I now care about getting in, and while Sora's virtually out for now, there's still hope the bandicoot gets in, my most wanted character along with Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Here’s four things that I thought of
1. Give me a Fake Crash alt. Maybe a variant from his appearance from N Tranced. It could be the last two slots of his costumes like Joker’s School Uniform. Maybe his taunts or victory animations could be his own version of the Crash dance?
2. When Crash gets the Star item. Aku Aku should shield him just like in the games. (If Aku Aku follows Crash around that is)
3. If Crash dies, then maybe his animation could be his generic death animation from Crash 2 and Crash 3 like Mega Man.
4. His stage entrance could either be him warping onto the stage like from Crash 2, appearing from a warp orb like from Crash 3, or arriving on a bonus or death route platform.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I never really thought the Crash cartoon cancellation would be a deal breaker for his potential inclusion to Smash.

Is it sad to hear such? Of course. It's rather disappointing since he literally was inspired from cartoons themselves, so it's a bother to see him not get a cartoon, but one day we will.

As far as Smash is concerned: Like TCT~Phantom mentioned earlier, Nintendo has worked before with companies that are just as hard nosed and rather stubborn like Activision when it comes to certain IPs and how those IPs would be used in certain projects. And obviously of course, it was already determined a while ago anyways of who would be in the FP, so unless something dramatic happened to where he got removed/not included due to Activision's aforementioned nature (which compared to some of the companies involved in Smash don't seem that much different or worse really lol) although I still do think he could not be included due to certain demands and whatnot that Nintendo may fear from ever doing, but hopefully that hasn't occurred and they remain humble for such inclusion in this game.

I don't think Crash would be the next reveal anyways, it seems to me that if he were to be revealed for Smash, a reveal around E3 this year (even if E3 doesn't happen, basically I'm saying around mid June) would be a PRIME opportunity to reveal him if that is the plan (Hopefully that 5 year plan that's mentioned him in Smash in 2021 being a 'plan' comes to fruition.) Especially around the time video game companies are doing their showcases? Would be perfect for not only his current fans and veterans, but to also bring in new fans on board.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The cartoon wasn’t on it, but at the same time this was likely made way later (2019/2020) so that means that Activision saw an opportunity to push crash more. Besides, it doesn’t matter since it got cancelled anyway.

but it was
2017: n sane
2018: port it
2019: ctr
2020: crash mobile and crash 4
2021: crash in smash
I don’t really believe this “leak”. The initial leak was from like 2018 or 2019 & was reported by several sites like Kotaku. They didn’t mention Smash & the Smash thing didn’t come up until last year AFAIK.

It seems like someone just tagged Smash onto an actual leak to get peoples’ hopes up.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has ever been brought up here before or if it matters because it's sort of old news, But it has been on the back of my head for awhile now.

Why out of all 3rd party franchises and characters did Crash Bandicoot get a special edition "Pro Controller" alongside N.Sane Trilogy for the Nintendo Switch?

71tYBl7z2sL._SL1280_.jpg
323080_9.jpg

Now correct me if I'm wrong, But outside of your usual and normal looking type of Switch controllers, I have only seen 1st party franchises like Mario and Pokemon get special edition Pro/Gamecube controllers.

I can't ever recall any other 3rd party franchise getting something like this even if it is being handled by "PowerA" Not even Sonic the Hedgehog and you would think he would of gotten something considering how cooperative both Nintendo/Mario and Sega/Sonic are.

Nintendo announcing N.Sane Trilogy for Switch was a pretty big announcement from them saying that Crash Bandicoot is a "Gaming Icon" and that the impossible happened with these once Playstation exclusives debuting on a Nintendo for the 1st time. Yes it came on Xbox and PC too, But they didn't really make it sound like a big deal about it compared to how Nintendo did.

maxresdefault.jpg

Then we have CTR: Nitro Fueled getting a free trial earlier this month that was kind of out of nowhere, You would think Nintendo would want people to focus on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe more, But just seems kind of weird they gave a 3rd party game like CTR the spotlight when it came out about a year and half ago and again correct me if I'm wrong, But aren't free trials on Switch normally 1st party? Is this the 1st time for a 3rd party free trial?

Wouldn't be surprised if something similar is done with "It's About Time" eventually coming to Nintendo Switch.

It's these little things that Nintendo has mentioned and done regarding the Crash Bandicoot franchise that still gives me hope that Crash will join Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now correct me if I'm wrong, But outside of your usual and normal looking type of Switch controllers, I have only seen 1st party franchises like Mario and Pokemon get special edition Pro/Gamecube controllers.

I can't ever recall any other 3rd party franchise getting something like this even if it is being handled by "PowerA" Not even Sonic the Hedgehog and you would think he would of gotten something considering how cooperative both Nintendo/Mario and Sega/Sonic are.
The Witcher, Cuphead, Doom and Super Meat Boy all have officially licensed PowerA pro controllers. Crash Bandicoot has PowerA controllers because they wanted to slap his face on a controller. That's not a hint towards him being in Smash.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
And to expand on both my post as Chunkyslugger72's, here is an interview Reggie did on how the Skylanders collaboration came to be with Nintendo.

Nice find! I think this is SUPER important. Seriously. The fact that Activision came to them is a big deal to me. Aren't most people worried about Activision being difficult to work with when it comes to Crash? I think Skylanders should definately help alleviate those fears. Honestly this article started making me feel excited.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The Witcher, Cuphead, Doom and Super Meat Boy all have officially licensed PowerA pro controllers. Crash Bandicoot has PowerA controllers because they wanted to slap his face on a controller. That's not a hint towards him being in Smash.
Well it may not mean much, But the Crash Bandicoot one is the only 3rd party one that I can ever recall seeing at your average retailer (Walmart/Target/Best Buy) other than Mario, Pokemon and plain ones.

Obviously chances are it probably means nothing, But it's still interesting to point out all the things I mentioned before and if Activision wants to slap Crash Bandicoot on everything then why not Smash?

That's why it's fun to speculate, We really don't know.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well it may not mean much, But the Crash Bandicoot one is the only 3rd party one that I can ever recall seeing at your average retailer (Walmart/Target/Best Buy) other than Mario, Pokemon and plain ones.

Obviously chances are it probably means nothing, But it's still interesting to point out all the things I mentioned before and if Activision wants to slap Crash Bandicoot on everything then why not Smash?

That's why it's fun to speculate, We really don't know.
Plus, there's at most 9-10 months left before we'll see the remaining 3 revealed and released going by the first 3 reveals/releases

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I don't know if this has ever been brought up here before or if it matters because it's sort of old news, But it has been on the back of my head for awhile now.

Why out of all 3rd party franchises and characters did Crash Bandicoot get a special edition "Pro Controller" alongside N.Sane Trilogy for the Nintendo Switch?

View attachment 299328View attachment 299329

Nintendo announcing N.Sane Trilogy for Switch was a pretty big announcement from them saying that Crash Bandicoot is a "Gaming Icon" and that the impossible happened with these once Playstation exclusives debuting on a Nintendo for the 1st time. Yes it came on Xbox and PC too, But they didn't really make it sound like a big deal about it compared to how Nintendo did.

View attachment 299334

Then we have CTR: Nitro Fueled getting a free trial earlier this month that was kind of out of nowhere, You would think Nintendo would want people to focus on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe more, But just seems kind of weird they gave a 3rd party game like CTR the spotlight when it came out about a year and half ago and again correct me if I'm wrong, But aren't free trials on Switch normally 1st party? Is this the 1st time for a 3rd party free trial?

Wouldn't be surprised if something similar is done with "It's About Time" eventually coming to Nintendo Switch.

It's these little things that Nintendo has mentioned and done regarding the Crash Bandicoot franchise that still gives me hope that Crash will join Super Smash Bros.
I completely forgot about those controllers. I honestly may add this to the List. I know that having controllers doesn't mean a character is more likely for Smash, but it does mean that this is a franchise that Nintendo wants to promote the heck out of that it would make since, after all this promotion, to get Crash in their penultimate crossover.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly think we'll see all the remaining Fighter's Pass 2 characters before December because there is no way they could draw out the release of 3 characters in 11 months when they released and created 6 characters including Plant as a bonus with the last Pass in the same amount of time.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, I think there’s a realistic shot of Crash 4’s Switch port being revealed in the next Partners Showcase. It could be the big headline for that direct. Alternatively, Activision could just reveal it themselves but I think the former is likely to happen.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, I think there’s a realistic shot of Crash 4’s Switch port being revealed in the next Partners Showcase. It could be the big headline for that direct. Alternatively, Activision could just reveal it themselves but I think the former is likely to happen.
I can see that happening, I think the game is ultimately gonna be released at the earliest sometime in Spring (April or May) or like more recent Crash Bandicoot game announcements or releases Summer (June).

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I say its possible, although I would say it would be very fitting to reveal Crash 4 coming to Switch during the (hopefully) E3 Direct where they also tie that in to Crash's Smash reveal. It just makes so much sense.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Whether we get E3 or not in June, I still believe we are getting at least one character reveal if not 2 at E3 since the fighters always come out near the timeframe of a Amiibo wave and the next Amiibo wave comes out at the end of March so that's likely when the next character will be revealed. Counting the reveals and not the release dates outside of E3, the announcements for all the DLC characters have been in a 2 to 3 month gap from each other. A fighter being revealed in March and for the one afterwards being revealed in June isn't farfetched at all especially if the following Amiibo wave comes out in June.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tried my hand at a Crash trailer a while back. Thought I'd share this with you guys.

Cross flair intro

The trailer begins the way K. Rool and Banjo's trailers began, only this time, after showing Donkey Kong and K. Rool, it shows Sephiroth and Cloud before the TV turns off. We then cut to Donkey Kong's mouth as he yawns for a bit before we get a full shot of the inside of the house, with the right-side wall looking hastily boarded up from the Banjo trailer. Donkey Kong is relaxing in front of the TV, Diddy is hanging from the tire, K. Rool is having his beauty sleep, Banjo is using the Kremling's belly as a makeshift pillow and Kazooie is, amusingly enough, playing Smash on a Nintendo Switch. And judging from her scrunched-up beak, she's losing.

Suddenly, a cartoonish POW! sound is heard and something flies past the screen as it smashes through the right wall, jolting Banjo & K. Rool awake. Kazooie pauses her game for a moment and whirls her head to the side from where the thing flew from. Donkey Kong hops onto his feet and turns to the hole in the wall before the camera cuts to the 5 popping their head out of the hole in the wall, looking around for who is presiding. A shadow jumps from the top of the screen and lands in front of them, causing them to squint. The camera pans up to a familiar figure with large ears and a pair of long arms...only for the figure to spin and reveal he's Incineroar, who lets out a roar before flashing a smug grin.

The five are left in shock as Incineroar belts out uproarious laughter. Suddenly, out of nowhere something whirls from the right and knocks the Heel Pokemon the heck off the screen with a spinning attack. It then looks over its shoulder and reveals a familiar marsupial...

CRASH Goes For A Spin!

The five are then shown looking at one another in shock and confusion as Crash has been known for fighting various humanoid animals like Dingodile and Ripper Roo before Crash leaps into the house and the sound of loud cartoonish fighting is heard.

We then cut to gameplay taking place on the Wumpa Islands stage, where Crash Bandicoot is shown to have a mobile playstyle involving crates, Wumpa fruits, and of course, spinning. We then see him taunt a bit, showing Aku Aku who smiles at Crash as a doting father would. We then see his Final Smash, which involves Crash putting Aku Aku on and charging forwards, catching multiple opponents. We are then shown a cutscene where Crash runs into a TNT crate that begins a timer. The timer runs out and the crate explodes creating a chain reaction with multiple other Nitro crates and TNT crates as Crash keeps running towards the captured fighters before he smashes past them, leaving them to their explosive demise.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Crash Bandicoot

We then show a final CG cutscene where Crash is calmed down and happily making up with his supposed adversaries, playing Smash with Kazooie all the while. Banjo, K. Rool, and the Kongs are watching evenly rooting for Crash or Kazooie. Donkey Kong then looks at the hole in the wall and back at the TV before it cuts to the outside of the Kongs' hut, where the TV is promptly thrown out of the house, where the screen promptly breaks and the machine itself is left in ruins.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Activision Publishing, Inc.

Added detail: In my mind, the trailer music would differ per region: West will get a remix of Crash 1's theme, Japan will get the masterpiece that is Crash Banji-kyuusu.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Tried my hand at a Crash trailer a while back. Thought I'd share this with you guys.

Cross flair intro

The trailer begins the way K. Rool and Banjo's trailers began, only this time, after showing Donkey Kong and K. Rool, it shows Sephiroth and Cloud before the TV turns off. We then cut to Donkey Kong's mouth as he yawns for a bit before we get a full shot of the inside of the house, with the right-side wall looking hastily boarded up from the Banjo trailer. Donkey Kong is relaxing in front of the TV, Diddy is hanging from the tire, K. Rool is having his beauty sleep, Banjo is using the Kremling's belly as a makeshift pillow and Kazooie is, amusingly enough, playing Smash on a Nintendo Switch. And judging from her scrunched-up beak, she's losing.

Suddenly, a cartoonish POW! sound is heard and something flies past the screen as it smashes through the right wall, jolting Banjo & K. Rool awake. Kazooie pauses her game for a moment and whirls her head to the side from where the thing flew from. Donkey Kong hops onto his feet and turns to the hole in the wall before the camera cuts to the 5 popping their head out of the hole in the wall, looking around for who is presiding. A shadow jumps from the top of the screen and lands in front of them, causing them to squint. The camera pans up to a familiar figure with large ears and a pair of long arms...only for the figure to spin and reveal he's Incineroar, who lets out a roar before flashing a smug grin.

The five are left in shock as Incineroar belts out uproarious laughter. Suddenly, out of nowhere something whirls from the right and knocks the Heel Pokemon the heck off the screen with a spinning attack. It then looks over its shoulder and reveals a familiar marsupial...

CRASH Goes For A Spin!

The five are then shown looking at one another in shock and confusion as Crash has been known for fighting various humanoid animals like Dingodile and Ripper Roo before Crash leaps into the house and the sound of loud cartoonish fighting is heard.

We then cut to gameplay taking place on the Wumpa Islands stage, where Crash Bandicoot is shown to have a mobile playstyle involving crates, Wumpa fruits, and of course, spinning. We then see him taunt a bit, showing Aku Aku who smiles at Crash as a doting father would. We then see his Final Smash, which involves Crash putting Aku Aku on and charging forwards, catching multiple opponents. We are then shown a cutscene where Crash runs into a TNT crate that begins a timer. The timer runs out and the crate explodes creating a chain reaction with multiple other Nitro crates and TNT crates as Crash keeps running towards the captured fighters before he smashes past them, leaving them to their explosive demise.

We then show a final CG cutscene where Crash is calmed down and happily making up with his supposed adversaries, playing Smash with Kazooie all the while. Banjo, K. Rool, and the Kongs are watching evenly rooting for Crash or Kazooie. Donkey Kong then looks at the hole in the wall and back at the TV before it cuts to the outside of the Kongs' hut, where the TV is promptly thrown out of the house, where the screen promptly breaks and the machine itself is left in ruins.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Activision Publishing, Inc.

Added detail: In my mind, the trailer music would differ per region: West will get a remix of Crash 1's theme, Japan will get the masterpiece that is Crash Banji-kyuusu.
Why does Japan get the better song?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

Cross flair intro

CRASH Goes For A Spin!

@ 2018 Nintendo

May I ask how Crash ties in with these other characters? Is it just because they're western characters?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
May I ask how Crash ties in with these other characters? Is it just because they're western characters?
That, and that they’re all animal characters and platformer characters, each of different styles. (Donkey Kong Country is 2D, Banjo-Kazooie is 3D, Crash Bandicoot is...pretty much all in between.)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Cross flair intro

CRASH Goes For A Spin!

@ 2018 Nintendo

…You had me up until you pulled the K. Rool fake-out stuff again. Never mind that Mario and Sonic should be involved in Crash’s trailer; doing that concept a third time is just ****ing lazy.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
…You had me up until you pulled the K. Rool fake-out stuff again. Never mind that Mario and Sonic should be involved in Crash’s trailer; doing that concept a third time is just ****ing lazy.
I know you don't like it, but there's always the "rule of three" comedy thing. I did it a 3rd time, then made sure it won't happen again at the end with DK destroying the TV. Regardless, I respect your opinion and can understand your reasoning.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I honestly am torn between Crash and Rayman.
Chance-wise, not want-wise. I definitely prefer Crash. I want both, but I severely doubt we'd get two mascot platformers in the same Fighter's Pass.

Both Activision and Ubisoft have been buddy-buddy with Nintendo.
Rayman Legends had Mario costumes, but Skylanders had Bowser and Donkey Kong as playable characters.
Crash Team Racing is one of the few non-Nintendo games to get a free online trial, but Mario had a crossover RPG with The Rabbids.
Rayman had a trophy in Smash Wii U, but Crash got his own Switch Pro Controller.

Both characters represent the best of the Platform genre along with Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Sonic, and Banjo-Kazooie.
These characters are right at home with Nintendo, and it is a crime that we haven't gotten either of them yet.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I honestly am torn between Crash and Rayman.
Chance-wise, not want-wise. I definitely prefer Crash. I want both, but I severely doubt we'd get two mascot platformers in the same Fighter's Pass.

Both Activision and Ubisoft have been buddy-buddy with Nintendo.
Rayman Legends had Mario costumes, but Skylanders had Bowser and Donkey Kong as playable characters.
Crash Team Racing is one of the few non-Nintendo games to get a free online trial, but Mario had a crossover RPG with The Rabbids.
Rayman had a trophy in Smash Wii U, but Crash got his own Switch Pro Controller.

Both characters represent the best of the Platform genre along with Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Sonic, and Banjo-Kazooie.
These characters are right at home with Nintendo, and it is a crime that we haven't gotten either of them yet.
I mean, one of them was the PS1 mascot and did not bomb in Japan. The other is rayman. Honestly, actually having a foothold in Japan and being a far larger franchise is a huge boon for crash chance wise. And I say this as someone who likes Rayman.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While I respect Rayman and wouldn't mind him in Smash, In fact I would actually like him in Smash, But really I'll take Crash Bandicoot any day of the week.

While anything can happen I just really can't see us getting 2 platformer mascots in the last 3 spots which is really frustrating considering how both lopsided the fighter pass has been in terms of character archetypes.

If for whatever some terrible reason Crash Bandicoot doesn't make the cut, Then by process of elimination I truly think the next most logical Smash candidate in terms of platforming mascots should be Rayman.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I mean, one of them was the PS1 mascot and did not bomb in Japan. The other is rayman. Honestly, actually having a foothold in Japan and being a far larger franchise is a huge boon for crash chance wise. And I say this as someone who likes Rayman.
Yes, but Rayman never had the drought that Crash did. I supported Crash in 2015's Fighter Ballot; he was my second most wanted after Banjo (WHOOP WHOOP, GOT HIM!), and he was all but ignored as an irrelevant character.
As a 90s kid, I remember Crash in his prime, and his fall from grace was massive. I wanted Crash to be as consistent as Mario and Sonic, so it warmed my heart to find that the reboot was a total success.
So Crash is definitely the bigger character, but Rayman probably got more votes in the 2015 Ballot.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yes, but Rayman never had the drought that Crash did. I supported Crash in 2015's Fighter Ballot; he was my second most wanted after Banjo (WHOOP WHOOP, GOT HIM!), and he was all but ignored as an irrelevant character.
As a 90s kid, I remember Crash in his prime, and his fall from grace was massive. I wanted Crash to be as consistent as Mario and Sonic, so it warmed my heart to find that the reboot was a total success.
So Crash is definitely the bigger character, but Rayman probably got more votes in the 2015 Ballot.
Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool got my votes back in the 2015 Smash ballot and like the title in Chuck Mangione's most famous song " Feels So Good !!!"

Not that it means much now, But I wish I can go back in time and throw in a vote for Crash Bandicoot, But I was just so focused on the other two, I didn't think I'd get both, But yet here we are, Here's hoping Crash makes it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom