• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Pac's stays there after it's made. And we're dealing with hypotheticals atm so how do you know he'll be using crates at all?

EDIT: Sonic's and Mega Man's can be used by others too. Banjo's the only one who won't let others use it.
Obviously I don’t know what there going to do nobody does but using crates makes him stand out as a character and they are iconic to the series so I assume they will, otherwise his toolkit will be very unoriginal/unDLC like.

Also you can’t bounce a normal, metal or tnt crate on pacmans trampoline either.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Is anyone else thinking that Crash might be fighter pass eight? The Game Awards is interested in having another Smash character reveal like Joker, and considering that Crash has such a presence at The Game Awards within the past couple of years, he would be fitting as a Smash reveal at the show. That would mean that he would be announced in December, and release early into 2021 alongside the next amiibo wave.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Obviously I don’t know what there going to do nobody does but using crates makes him stand out as a character and they are iconic to the series so I assume they will, otherwise his toolkit will be very unoriginal/unDLC like.

Also you can’t bounce a normal, metal or tnt crate on pacmans trampoline either.
So basically, you wanna give Crash 2 Specials that spawn crates, give him an Up B similar to the other platformer guests and make him create obstacles like Steve because that's original? It's not.

You don't have to rely on crates to make him original. This guy has ridden dinosaurs, bears, warthogs and people, driven motorcycles, karts, planes and aircraft, has 5 supernatural masks, can fly jetpacks, use rocket boards, scuba gear and mechs. You can make a dozen original ideas from all that stuff. Crates aren't all he has going for him.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Is anyone else thinking that Crash might be fighter pass eight? The Game Awards is interested in having another Smash character reveal like Joker, and considering that Crash has such a presence at The Game Awards within the past couple of years, he would be fitting as a Smash reveal at the show. That would mean that he would be announced in December, and release early into 2021 alongside the next amiibo wave.
I can honestly see Crash Bandicoot appearing in any of the last 4 spots, But hopefully sooner than later.

I still hope with next year "It's About Time" likely to be ported to Nintendo Switch and being the franchise's 25th anniversary lines up perfectly for Nintendo and Activision to announce Crash's Smash Bros debut.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So basically, you wanna give Crash 2 Specials that spawn crates, give him an Up B similar to the other platformer guests and make him create obstacles like Steve because that's original? It's not.

You don't have to rely on crates to make him original. This guy has ridden dinosaurs, bears, warthogs and people, driven motorcycles, karts, planes and aircraft, has 5 supernatural masks, can fly jetpacks, use rocket boards, scuba gear and mechs. You can make a dozen original ideas from all that stuff. Crates aren't all he has going for him.
He actually could be incredibly original and yes I’d prefer something unique to something standard because it’s more interesting, I know he could definitely work both ways.

There’s were some of the ideas from the moveset I built for him last year.

Crash Bandicoot Specials

B Spin

You hit B once crash will do the standard version of his iconic spin move it is very fast startup and has little recovery, Meg damage but with decent knockback. Mashing the B button 3 times in quick succession will cause crash to execute a much longer version of the spin that will cause him to float a little vertically and a lot horizontally how it floats forward and back can be manipulated based on direction you hold it (good stalling your fall and horizontal recovery tool)(does more or less damage than original based on how many hits connect but has the same good knockback . All spins reflect projectiles. Spins also shoot normal crates forward like a projectile (projectile is very fast (unreactable up close but shrinks to nothing over a distance.) Spins don’t put crash in free fall. The mash spin can only be done one time while in the air, any other spins will be normal after. (Spins will probably only kill near ledge or upper percent)

B over is Wumpa Bazooka

Crash pulls out his bazooka and fires horizontally upon tap a deadly wumpa fruit shot (good kill move 130 on normal characters), if you hold be you’ll remain in the bazooka state, you can’t move while it’s out but you can pretty precisely aim up or down before shooting. The projectile isn’t super fast or slow due to its power/damage.

B Up Arrow Crate

An arrow crate appears under crash bouncing him up, has no attack hitbox but doesn’t put crash in free fall so you can act out of it and even jump if you have it stored. Arrow crate stays and can be bounced on 2 more times after initial bounce before breaking, each consecutive bounce sends you higher than the last. Arrow crates stay if bounces aren’t used up and can be used by other players, attack hitboxes can destroy them and they can be shot like projectiles like normal crates with your spin attack. There can be up to 3 up arrows on the stage before the earliest one disappears. If normal or metal crates are dropped on the arrows they will continuously bounce creating a hitbox that can hit you or the opponent if your hit (normal crates can keep bouncing without using up the bounce count but metal and tnt crates will count toward the limit). Metal crates will hit harder (potentially kill at higher percents when bouncing) and tnt crates will explode if you attack a bouncing one (the countdown immediately start upon bouncing). (Nitro crates explode upon hitting the arrow)

B Down: Crate drop

By tapping down B Crash will quickly drop either a normal crate (75% of the time) or a metal one (25%). If done on the ground it will be placed directly in front of crash carefully there is a small hitbox upon initial drop that is relatively weak (metal will have more knockback/damage). When on the ground the normal crate can be destroyed by any attack or being jumped on but crash has the ability to send it flying as a projectile by spinning into it (it’s a weak hitting projectile with little knockback but it’s very fast), metal crates on the ground cannot be destroyed by attacks (you can destroy them with crash’s down air though or tnt/nitro crates) they can be rolled through though. When this grounded move (or its alt hold version) is done in front of an already placed crate crash will carefully stack it on top of the other crate. When done from the air the crate will drop where crash would normally place it, normal crates fall slow and don’t do much damage/knockback on hit (will break if hitting an opponent while falling) (and can actually be spun into to shoot a crate projectile influenced by physics), metal crates will fall quickly and deal better damage and knockback (also influenced by drop distance) (potential kill move at higher percent’s) if it falls on normal crate/s it will break them, if it were to fall on a tnt or nitro crate it would be destroyed by the explosion, metal crates will just stack on each other. If you hold the b button crash will take out in a slower fashion a TNT crate (75%) or a Nitro crate (25%) and place it down (if grounded), if hitting an opponent while being placed the countdown will start for it (knockback/damage is the same as normal crate/), if the nitro crate hits the opponent while placing it down it will cause an early kill move level explosion (100% and up on normal characters) that will hit both crash and the opponent. TNT crates will explode when attacked doing an early kill move attack just like the nitro explosion, if they are just jumped on or fall hitting something they will begin their 3 second countdown till they explode on their own, nitro crates will explode upon contact from anything except them being placed while grounded or them being stacked on other crates the explosion is the same early kill move from before. When this hold version is done in air TNT crates fall the same speed as normal crates do with the same knockback but will immediately begin a countdown if hitting an opponent (attacks still make them explode) upon landing the count down will immediately begin, Nitro crates fall the same speed as the tnt and will explode on contact with anything (same kill early move). You can only have up to 3 of the tap crates and 3 of the hold crates out on the stage before the earliest one breaks or explodes. (so in theory you can have 6 crates of these type out) (9 including the up arrow crates). (Crates are a great means of stage control).

Crash down air
Crash goes up a tiny bit vertically then goes for a quick belly flop that breaks shield and all crates (if some crates are broken beneath a small shockwave similar to dedede’s stars will surround him extending the attacks range, the shockwave doesn’t break shields though)

Crash down tilt

He does his slide move from the series very quickly that pops opponent’s up perfectly for a combo.

Forward throw

Crash places a TNT on the opponents head similar to CTR then kicks them in the crotch knocking them a little forward (does the least damage/knockback of his throws) starting a countdown till explosion, (jumping twice will pop the tnt crate off having it fly off in an arch behind you where it will explode once it hits the ground or the timer runs out)

Dash attack

Has Crash doing a version of his spin while moving forward on the ground angled forward (spin part still reflects projectiles and will send normal crates forward.)

Side Taunt
Crotch Chop Dance

Down Taunt
Hog Wild Look

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
He actually could be incredibly original and yes I’d prefer something unique to something standard because it’s more interesting, I know he could definitely work both ways.

There’s were some of the ideas from the moveset I built for him last year.

Crash Bandicoot Specials

B Spin

You hit B once crash will do the standard version of his iconic spin move it is very fast startup and has little recovery, Meg damage but with decent knockback. Mashing the B button 3 times in quick succession will cause crash to execute a much longer version of the spin that will cause him to float a little vertically and a lot horizontally how it floats forward and back can be manipulated based on direction you hold it (good stalling your fall and horizontal recovery tool)(does more or less damage than original based on how many hits connect but has the same good knockback . All spins reflect projectiles. Spins also shoot normal crates forward like a projectile (projectile is very fast (unreactable up close but shrinks to nothing over a distance.) Spins don’t put crash in free fall. The mash spin can only be done one time while in the air, any other spins will be normal after. (Spins will probably only kill near ledge or upper percent)

B over is Wumpa Bazooka

Crash pulls out his bazooka and fires horizontally upon tap a deadly wumpa fruit shot (good kill move 130 on normal characters), if you hold be you’ll remain in the bazooka state, you can’t move while it’s out but you can pretty precisely aim up or down before shooting. The projectile isn’t super fast or slow due to its power/damage.

B Up Arrow Crate

An arrow crate appears under crash bouncing him up, has no attack hitbox but doesn’t put crash in free fall so you can act out of it and even jump if you have it stored. Arrow crate stays and can be bounced on 2 more times after initial bounce before breaking, each consecutive bounce sends you higher than the last. Arrow crates stay if bounces aren’t used up and can be used by other players, attack hitboxes can destroy them and they can be shot like projectiles like normal crates with your spin attack. There can be up to 3 up arrows on the stage before the earliest one disappears. If normal or metal crates are dropped on the arrows they will continuously bounce creating a hitbox that can hit you or the opponent if your hit (normal crates can keep bouncing without using up the bounce count but metal and tnt crates will count toward the limit). Metal crates will hit harder (potentially kill at higher percents when bouncing) and tnt crates will explode if you attack a bouncing one (the countdown immediately start upon bouncing). (Nitro crates explode upon hitting the arrow)

B Down: Crate drop

By tapping down B Crash will quickly drop either a normal crate (75% of the time) or a metal one (25%). If done on the ground it will be placed directly in front of crash carefully there is a small hitbox upon initial drop that is relatively weak (metal will have more knockback/damage). When on the ground the normal crate can be destroyed by any attack or being jumped on but crash has the ability to send it flying as a projectile by spinning into it (it’s a weak hitting projectile with little knockback but it’s very fast), metal crates on the ground cannot be destroyed by attacks (you can destroy them with crash’s down air though or tnt/nitro crates) they can be rolled through though. When this grounded move (or its alt hold version) is done in front of an already placed crate crash will carefully stack it on top of the other crate. When done from the air the crate will drop where crash would normally place it, normal crates fall slow and don’t do much damage/knockback on hit (will break if hitting an opponent while falling) (and can actually be spun into to shoot a crate projectile influenced by physics), metal crates will fall quickly and deal better damage and knockback (also influenced by drop distance) (potential kill move at higher percent’s) if it falls on normal crate/s it will break them, if it were to fall on a tnt or nitro crate it would be destroyed by the explosion, metal crates will just stack on each other. If you hold the b button crash will take out in a slower fashion a TNT crate (75%) or a Nitro crate (25%) and place it down (if grounded), if hitting an opponent while being placed the countdown will start for it (knockback/damage is the same as normal crate/), if the nitro crate hits the opponent while placing it down it will cause an early kill move level explosion (100% and up on normal characters) that will hit both crash and the opponent. TNT crates will explode when attacked doing an early kill move attack just like the nitro explosion, if they are just jumped on or fall hitting something they will begin their 3 second countdown till they explode on their own, nitro crates will explode upon contact from anything except them being placed while grounded or them being stacked on other crates the explosion is the same early kill move from before. When this hold version is done in air TNT crates fall the same speed as normal crates do with the same knockback but will immediately begin a countdown if hitting an opponent (attacks still make them explode) upon landing the count down will immediately begin, Nitro crates fall the same speed as the tnt and will explode on contact with anything (same kill early move). You can only have up to 3 of the tap crates and 3 of the hold crates out on the stage before the earliest one breaks or explodes. (so in theory you can have 6 crates of these type out) (9 including the up arrow crates). (Crates are a great means of stage control).

Crash down air
Crash goes up a tiny bit vertically then goes for a quick belly flop that breaks shield and all crates (if some crates are broken beneath a small shockwave similar to dedede’s stars will surround him extending the attacks range, the shockwave doesn’t break shields though)

Crash down tilt

He does his slide move from the series very quickly that pops opponent’s up perfectly for a combo.

Forward throw

Crash places a TNT on the opponents head similar to CTR then kicks them in the crotch knocking them a little forward (does the least damage/knockback of his throws) starting a countdown till explosion, (jumping twice will pop the tnt crate off having it fly off in an arch behind you where it will explode once it hits the ground or the timer runs out)

Dash attack

Has Crash doing a version of his spin while moving forward on the ground angled forward (spin part still reflects projectiles and will send normal crates forward.)

Side Taunt
Crotch Chop Dance

Down Taunt
Hog Wild Look
Not bad honestly. What do you have planned for his Smashes? In my case I was giving him Jak's uppercut since Jak & Daxter have Crash's spin. I want to work the jet board into one of his Smashes but I'm not sure whether to make it Forward or Down and I got a few candidates for the remaining Smash which ranges from a kick, a device or one of his rides.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can honestly see Crash Bandicoot appearing in any of the last 4 spots, But hopefully sooner than later.

I still hope with next year "It's About Time" likely to be ported to Nintendo Switch and being the franchise's 25th anniversary lines up perfectly for Nintendo and Activision to announce Crash's Smash Bros debut.
The timing for a reveal would be for June, I think. Bonus points if it's around the time the rumored new 2021 PvP game is set to be known.

The Game Awards is interested in having another Smash character reveal like Joker
Where'd you hear that?

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I do think Crash is coming and it could be the Game Awards or E3 2021; after Steve's inclusion and watching how much work went into him in the Sakurai presents I really think Nintendo is gonna try to blow the house down with Vol 2. I also picked up It's About Time today and man is it good! Tbh I personally think it smokes the originals.

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
I just had a thought about a Crash reveal. It's not going to be a normal trailer. Hear me out.

It's the Game Awards. The guy in the Crash mascot suit walks up on stage, and meets Sakurai wearing a face mask. Then Sakurai hands him a familiar looking envelope and reads it. Crash is cordially invited to Smash Bros by Sakurai himself. Crash's reveal is a literally a live broadcast.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just had a thought about a Crash reveal. It's not going to be a normal trailer. Hear me out.

It's the Game Awards. The guy in the Crash mascot suit walks up on stage, and meets Sakurai wearing a face mask. Then Sakurai hands him a familiar looking envelope and reads it. Crash is cordially invited to Smash Bros by Sakurai himself. Crash's reveal is a literally a live broadcast.
Seems plausible, but there's one thing you forgot.

After N. Sane Trilogy, every single time a Crash/Spyro game is about to be unveiled, Activision sends in key items to various people as a hint that something is getting announced at a big event. For Reignited, it was an egg, a pair of fuzzy dice for Nitro-Fueled, and now a Kupuna-Wa puzzle for Crash 4.

If they collaborated with Nintendo for a Smash reveal, you just know that they'll make sure we know without saying it outright.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Not bad honestly. What do you have planned for his Smashes? In my case I was giving him Jak's uppercut since Jak & Daxter have Crash's spin. I want to work the jet board into one of his Smashes but I'm not sure whether to make it Forward or Down and I got a few candidates for the remaining Smash which ranges from a kick, a device or one of his rides.
Here were the rest of his moves

Jab: Just a one two three type (karate chop, chop with other hand, then spin (yes spin will also shoot normal crates)
Up Tilt: Does a paw swipe above him (similar in animation and function to little mac up tilt) (good at starting combo’s due to extreme weak knockback
Forward Tilt: Quick swing of his Yo yo (come’s out a tad slower than the faster f tilts but is safe on shield and has solid knockback)
Up Smash: Crash charges an up kick with all of his might and then falls on his back after out of exhaustion. Kills when you expect it would.
Down Smash: Similar animation to down air (similar to K Rool Down smash) is a belly flop that covers both sides, leaves a little shockwave around hitbox around him as well, kills when youd expect it to
F Air: Basically a less kill power version of luigi’s forward air, crash snaps a quick karate chop
Up Air: Typical up Flip Kick, nothing special here, not terrible for juggling at lower percents
N Air: Similar in function (drags opponent with crash) and animation to Pikachu’s back air, Crash’s tongue hang’s out in his usual way when spinning and he holds up a peace sign. Punishable up close on shield.
F Smash: (Crystal swing) forgot to mention this is one of his stronger kill moves outside his tnt/nitro/wupa fruit stuff. It’s speed is also comparable to Ness’s bat.
Air Dodge is about standard
Run Speed is average
Throw pummel is a headbutt
Up Throw: is a simple Up kick with both feet where he puts his hands on the ground to support himself for the kick, just puts the opponent upward.
Note: changed the TNT throw to down Throw

Forward Throw: Crash does his spin quickly (the both become a blur for a second) while the opponents in his clutches then throws them forward. (becomes kill throw around 180 can kill sooner if near ledge)
Back Throw: Crash does his spin quickly (the both become a blur for a second) while the opponents in his clutches the throws them backwards (becomes kill throw around 180, can kill sooner if near ledge)
Forward and Back Throw are good for DI mixups since the animation is the same.
Crash’s facial expression is very animated in most of his moves.
Crash has a crawl as well
Up taunt: Crash has a crystal, gem and relic float around him
Final Smash: Three Aku Aku crates drop on crash’s head (cue music) and while in his invincible mask state runs into the opponent sending them flying (followed by the aku aku disappearing noise for when you take damage)

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
straps tinfoil hat

Guys, just a thought but, Smash sometimes can be a little nutty as to sliding in obscure Easter Eggs relating to character additions that only fans knowledgeable of said characters would recognize. In light of this, if Crash is indeed to join within the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, when would he join? Well, I'll leave this image here.

We could preemptively fancy the possibility of:

a. Crash being revealed in January 2021 (Month 1 of the year; making him Challenger Pack 8)
b. Crash coming as Challenger Pack 10 (remove the decimal from the image's Bandicoot experiment, and you have a 10).

maniacally laughs in Dr. N. Brio

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
straps tinfoil hat

Guys, just a thought but, Smash sometimes can be a little nutty as to sliding in obscure Easter Eggs relating to character additions that only fans knowledgeable of said characters would recognize. In light of this, if Crash is indeed to join within the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, when would he join? Well, I'll leave this image here.

We could preemptively fancy the possibility of:

a. Crash being revealed in January 2021 (Month 1 of the year; making him Challenger Pack 8)
b. Crash coming as Challenger Pack 10 (remove the decimal from the image's Bandicoot experiment, and you have a 10).

maniacally laughs in Dr. N. Brio
How about option c., the announcement coming on June the 10th? It would fit the Activision Pattern.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Y'all... I legit thought Crash was coming when Sonic smashed Mario through a wall. I'm good now, but damn I feel like I NEED Crash in this game.
I felt exactly the same way, When Sonic dive kicked Mario at the end of the video before the reveal, I was like "Oh **** !!!, Here we go".

I was waiting in a anticipation, Sadly after they revealed who it was, I tuned out immediately in disappointment.

(Sigh) Don't worry Crash, You"ll make it in someday there are 4 more roster spots left... Someday.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Although I would like Crash to be a playable character, part of me wonders that due to the hiatus the series took prior to 2018, there might not have been enough time to work him into the roster (along with other factors).

A Mii costume, however, would be do-able. And with the commercials from the 90s, it would be very fitting to have something like that.
Capture+_2020-10-04-20-20-33.png

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Here's my idea for a Crash moveset. some of it has been brought up already.

Main Mechanic: Wumpa collecting
Sakurai has made it clear that he wants DLC characters to have some defining gimmick and for Crash I figured he could use the juice up mechanic from CTR. In that game you get a slight speed increase for every wumpa fruit you collect and your items get powered up if you collect 10. In Smash this could work by improving Crash's damage, knockback and frame data the more Wumpa he collects maxing out at 10. How does he collect wumpa fruit? I'll get to that later

Neutral B: Spin
Crash's most iconic attack. Has invincibility on startup with high knockback but average damage. You can extend the duration like in Crash 3 by mashing the button making it unpredictable when he'll finish the attack. Also useful for recovering horizontally and damage increases with 10 wumpa.

Up B:
Jetpack
This may seem like it would be similar to Diddy's jetpack but it's quite easy to make it behave differently. Crash's jetpack doesn't need to be charged and it can't be knocked off but to make it fair it's incapable of the explosive speed and maneuvrability of Diddy's. It still reaches a respectable height and has an active hitbox for most of the animation.

Down B: Crate Summon
Remember how I said Crash needs Wumpa fruit to improve his stats? Well this is how he gets them. Crash summons various crates one at a time in a fixed order, all with different effects.

Blank crate = 1 Wumpa
? Crate= 3 Wumpa
TNT crate= 3 second countdown if jumped on, explodes instantly if attacked directly.
Gold Wumpa Crate = 5 Wumpa
Nitro crate = Can be placed in the air and won't disappear until hit with a projectile or by a character
Aku Aku crate = Gives Crash one hit of invincibility (no damage or knockback, can still flinch).

Opponents can break crates to stop Crash from farming wumpa but they won't get any benefit from the fruit. They can steal Aku Aku though.

Side B: Fruit Bazooka
Tapping B once shoots three wumpa fruit in a straight line, tapping multiple times fires one forward one at a slight angle upwards and the last one at a 45 degree angle. Holding B allows for manual aim like in Crash 3. Also like in Crash 3 this doesn't consume wumpa but it has the added bonus of shooting 4 times if Crash has 10 wumpas.

I won't go into normal moves since I feel that's been covered enough but I think this would make for a fun moveset.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I wanted my 2500th post to be about a game I love, Crash 4.

When it was announced Toys for Bob were in charge, I was a little skeptical. Unlike Beenox or Vicarious Visions, they had no experience with Crash. While the Skylanders games were fine from what I heard and the Reignited Trilogy was good, I have my issues with it to a degree (mainly Spyro 3). As a result, I went into Crash 4 with hesitation.

Ironically, the trailers did not make me more or less anxious. Cortex, Dingodile, and Tawna all looked...meh. I was not the biggest fan of the Tawna redesign in practice, the concept art of it looks so much better. I think it is the lighting of the game which makes the colors not work as well as when it was just art. The levels looked interesting, but I was very cautions.

I have never been happier to be wrong.

Crash 4 is a treat. The cutscenes are great, and sell the cartoonish feel of the series. The voice work is great as well. The new masks spice up gameplay in a fun way. Getting used to them is hard, but once you get the hang of them they are a treat. The levels are huge and there is so much stuff to do in them. Six Gems a level. It took me replaying levels 2-5 times to 100% them. Time Trials are back. The skins are cute. This is potentially the best Crash game. It even tells a half decent story, which surprised me. So far my GOTY for 2020.

Also it is hard. Like very hard.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Although I would like Crash to be a playable character, part of me wonders that due to the hiatus the series took prior to 2018, there might not have been enough time to work him into the roster (along with other factors).

A Mii costume, however, would be do-able. And with the commercials from the 90s, it would be very fitting to have something like that.
View attachment 288441
I doubt his hiatus would be an issue now, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was announced in E3 2016 (Summer), Revealed at PSX 2016 (Holiday) and released in Summer 2017.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate was released in Holiday 2018 and DLC will be going on until the end of 2021, There was more than enough time for negotiations to let Crash get into Smash, Missing in the base roster I can understand that, But DLC? I honestly doubt it.

Crash Bandicoot has everything going for him and then some to get into Smash.The main concern that most can agree on is if Nintendo and Activision are willing to play ball with each other and come to an agreement.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I doubt his hiatus would be an issue now, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was announced in E3 2016 (Summer), Revealed at PSX 2016 (Holiday) and released in Sumner 2017.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate was released in Holiday 2018 and DLC will be going on until the end of 2021, There was more than enough time for negotiations to let Crash get into Smash.

The main concern that most can agree on is if Nintendo and Activision are willing to play ball with each other and come to an agreement.
Hits the nail on the head, but it undersells their working relationship. Activision regularly puts games on Nintendo Hardware and let's not forget DK and Bowser are in Skylanders. If Microsoft and Nintendo can work together, so can Activision and Nintendo. All that remains to see is if they do.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

View attachment 288441
I really think we're either getting Crash as playable or nothing. He seems WAY too big of a character for a mii costume. Maybe a spirit event, but even that seems doubtful. He's one of the most recognizable video game characters in the world. His games are among the highest selling franchises in the world and are the THIRD highest selling platforming franchise.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I really think we're either getting Crash as playable or nothing. He seems WAY too big of a character for a mii costume. Maybe a spirit event, but even that seems doubtful. He's one of the most recognizable video game characters in the world. His games are among the highest selling franchises in the world and are the THIRD highest selling platforming franchise.
I calculates the sales of the irst thre games, the N. Sane remakes, and the original CTR put together, and came out with roughly 28,000,000 copies in sales.

So, yeah. Crash is way too big to be anything less than a fighter, IMO.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Is Crash Bandicoot ahead of Sonic the Hedgehog?

Mario is #1 (No Surprise) and I would imagine Donkey Kong is #2.

Sonic's releases have been more consistent despite quality, But I would imagine they only sell a couple or few million at "Most" if I'm not mistaken.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

But no doubt about it that Crash belongs among the likes of platforming icons like Mario, DK and Sonic in the platforming fighter that is Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Is Crash Bandicoot ahead of Sonic the Hedgehog?

Mario is #1 (No Surprise) and I would imagine Donkey Kong is #2.

Sonic's releases have been more consistent despite quality, But I would imagine they only sell a couple million at "Most" if I'm not mistaken.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

But no doubt about it that Crash belongs among the likes of platforming icons like Mario, DK and Sonic in the platforming fighter that is Super Smash Bros.
My mistake! I overlooked DK... damn. It goes Mario, Sonic, DK, and THEN Crash at 50 million.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
My mistake! I overlooked DK... damn. It goes Mario, Sonic, DK, and THEN Crash at 50 million.
It's all good, That's still elite company.

If anything I'm more impressed that Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot were able to hang around that level of sales considering on how both franchises have had inconsistent releases and long periods of uncertainty.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Crash on the Run isn't out yet right? I have my doubts about that supposed leak but i haven't really been keeping up with Bandicoot leaks since Nitro Fueled stopped updating.

That said, that roadmap would line up nicely with TGA Reveal. Dorito pope is out best hope for a 2020 reveal, better start sacrificing those Mountain Dews if you want Crash in Smash.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I know it's been done a million times in this thread but I wanted to toss in my idea for a classic route.
Since everyone else was going with "fighting iconic fighters", I made a route where Crash would fight characters that either can manipulate or travel through time.

Round 1: :ultpacman::ultsonic: Free-for-all on [Crash Bandicoot stage]. Music: The Time Twister (Crash Bandicoot 3)
Round 2: :ultshulk::ultbayonetta: Free-for-all on Umbra Clock Tower. Music: Tomorrow is Mine (Bayonetta 2)
Round 3: :ultness::ultmegaman: Free-for-all on Fourside. Music: Electron Avenue (CTR: Nitro-Fueled)
Round 4: :ultpikachu::ultsquirtle: Team battle on Spear Pillar. Music: Battle! (Dialga/Palkia) / Spear Pillar (Pokemon Diamond & Pokemon Pearl)
Round 5: :ultlucina::ultyounglink: Team battle on Castle Siege. Music: Conquest (Ablaze) (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Round 6: :ultmario::ultluigi: Team battle on Mushroomy Kingdom. Music: Megamix Mania (CTR: NF)
Final Round: Vs. Master/Crazy Hand on [Crash Bandicoot stage omega]. Music: Vs. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot 3)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I felt exactly the same way, When Sonic dive kicked Mario at the end of the video before the reveal, I was like "Oh **** !!!, Here we go".

I was waiting in a anticipation, Sadly after they revealed who it was, I tuned out immediately in disappointment.

(Sigh) Don't worry Crash, You"ll make it in someday there are 4 more roster spots left... Someday.
Since Steve was most likely originally one of the planned E3 reveals before it got cancelled, I'm assuming Crash was the planned finale reveal if Steve was the planned opening act.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Since Steve was most likely originally one of the planned E3 reveals before it got cancelled, I'm assuming Crash was the planned finale reveal if Steve was the planned opening act.
I think it's much more likely Steve would of been the ending though. We'd have the answer to the ARMS character (Min-Min of course) a few weeks earlier then we actually did, to open things up and then it'd end with Steve. Saying otherwise is underestimating Minecraft's popularity.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Apparently Crash 4 was datamined, and it seems there are more costumes planned for a future update it seems

Top Bottom