• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...we were robbed of Aussie Tawna
That is an amazing concept and sad we didnt get that
With any luck, we could get that as an alt costume in a future spin-off, whenever that'll be.

They like it more knowing it's an alternate universe version of her. Fans would've been a lot more angry if this were the main Tawna
Apart from that, the way TFB basically made this Tawna their own makes me wonder if we'll get to see other alternate versions of established Crash characters in this. Who's to say that this game's N. Gin isn't one from a dimension in which he started up a (literal) death metal band?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It would be so perfect to have Crash revealed for Smash right before his new game comes out in October. One can wish. Talk about a heavenly advertisement. It would not steal Crash 4's hype either, because its just the reveal of the next FP2 character and not the release. Release could be in November or next year for all I care. As long as he's in..

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, as of late, I've been actually feeling pretty good about Crash's chances. It may be due to the hype surrounding Crash 4, but I am genuinely thinking Crash has a good shot. Crash was essentially Sony's de-facto mascot of the PlayStation 1. If you were to look at a bunch of old magazines referencing Nintendo, SEGA and Sony's rivalry in the day, the top three characters used in this were Mario, Sonic and Crash. Crash not being in this game would be SUCH a missed opportunity and I personally feel Nintendo is definitely considering him, especially with his revival and new game coming out soon. I don't know where this sudden optimism is coming from, but I love it and I do think out of any potential Western character, Crash easily has the best shot right now imo. Things are looking pretty good for our boi, so we must wait and see. Geno, another one of my most wanteds, also has a pretty good shot imo and if I were to get the both of them in this game, I would absolutely lose my mind, and I don't think I would ever ask for ANYTHING from ANYONE ever again, so I'm hoping this is finally time for me to have that dream matchup I have always wanted to see as a kid! Here's hoping!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like we should be getting a character announced within the minth, and the character that was planned to have their trailer shown at the end of e3. These latest trailers for hyrule warriors, pikman 3, and some from the developers showcases, seem to have been originally planned for e3.

So this character should have been, or in theory should have been, a big deal to close out e3. I feel this could lead to a few options, depending on how nintendo felt is a big deal.

If they wanted to be the reveal to be big for smash and ninte do fans, it would be either geno, waluigi, or isaac. All 3 are requested a lot from smash fans.

If they wanted it to be a big overall/third party character, then i feel its either Crash, Shantae, or a tecmo koei character(ryu or Ryza). these 3 are well known characters and/ or companies close with nintendo. Crash is the most likely given his status as an old rival of nintendo, but shantae is very likely for a indie rep and to give a big spotlight on indie companies that nintendo respects them. But with the new hyrule warriors games announced, i feel that a tecmo koei character is very likely, with nintendo being super close and trusted by nintendo to reward them with a spot. Ryu from ninja gaiden is likely due to legacy status, but i would rather have Ryza from the Alteir games since that is their current big hit, and she would be a super unique character.

Or i could be wrong and nintendo does something random.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I feel like we should be getting a character announced within the minth, and the character that was planned to have their trailer shown at the end of e3. These latest trailers for hyrule warriors, pikman 3, and some from the developers showcases, seem to have been originally planned for e3.

So this character should have been, or in theory should have been, a big deal to close out e3. I feel this could lead to a few options, depending on how nintendo felt is a big deal.

If they wanted to be the reveal to be big for smash and ninte do fans, it would be either geno, waluigi, or isaac. All 3 are requested a lot from smash fans.

If they wanted it to be a big overall/third party character, then i feel its either Crash, Shantae, or a tecmo koei character(ryu or Ryza). these 3 are well known characters and/ or companies close with nintendo. Crash is the most likely given his status as an old rival of nintendo, but shantae is very likely for a indie rep and to give a big spotlight on indie companies that nintendo respects them. But with the new hyrule warriors games announced, i feel that a tecmo koei character is very likely, with nintendo being super close and trusted by nintendo to reward them with a spot. Ryu from ninja gaiden is likely due to legacy status, but i would rather have Ryza from the Alteir games since that is their current big hit, and she would be a super unique character.

Or i could be wrong and nintendo does something random.
This has basically been my way of thinking for this month. I've said this in the Geno thread, and I'll say it here too. I think something HAS to be going on that is causing the lack of a Direct this year. I think this virus has caused Nintendo to run behind by putting these trailers together, and since its most likely very difficult for Nintendo to approach third-parties with this pandemic, especially Western companies, then altogether I think it shows that Nintendo probably won't have a Direct any time soon. BUT, seeing as how we usually get a September Direct, I personally believe Nintendo is going to use this month to reveal their holiday line-up each week. Last week we got the Mario 35th Anniversary Direct, and this week we got the new Hyrule Warriors game. If this is going to be a trend for this month, I am low-key expecting a Mr. Sakurai Presents where he announces who FP7 is. I don't think its too far out of the realm of possibility if you ask me, especially when they have to not only reveal, but RELEASE all these characters before December 2021.

In terms of Crash, I personally don't believe he is CP7. My personal bet for CP7 atm is Geno, BUT I am expecting Crash to come later on in the Pass.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Based on the wording in Playstation Blog, I think the voice actress change for Tawna was intentional, since it's not quite the same character.

Also, I think it's Cassandra Lee Morris doing her this time, though I might be wrong.

As for Crash's Smash likelihood, it's less a question of "if" and more of "when", in his case. Since June is a significant month for him these days, I figure that we could not hear of him until then.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
one thing i just realized, given how they are adding tawna from another dimension, in 4, or future games, they could always add old characters like crunch and just say that the old timeline is a different dimension

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If you wanna get technical, Bomberman follows the Megaman "rule": his assist trophy is classic Bomberman. So, if you really think about it, the Super Bomberman R Bomberman could still have a chance.

Something tells me the small battlefield update was split from a full fighter update. It just seems like it would be, considering there have been very few minor updates that were standalone, like extreme bug fixes. If Crash is 7 or 8, I too believe he was the e3 fighter.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
The good thing about Crash is I believe the N-sane Trilogy and his resurgence of popularity arrived at just the right time for Nintendo to decide to add him for Season 2 DLC if they wanted. I would imagine the release of Nitro Fueled in June 2019 would be around the time Activision or Nintendo was approached for Crash for DLC.

Activision has also been around since the early 80's, around the for-real old school video games like Colecovision, and other ancient stuff. Nintendo might like that legacy. and it could be another merit going for him. Of course this is all hypothetical.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If you wanna get technical, Bomberman follows the Megaman "rule": his assist trophy is classic Bomberman. So, if you really think about it, the Super Bomberman R Bomberman could still have a chance.
Unlike Bomberman, Mega Man, and Mega Man X are different entities. Classic Bomberman and Super Bomberman R Bomberman are the same entity. Not to mention, in Smash 6 and onward, Bomberman can still get promoted to playable.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Unlike Bomberman, Mega Man, and Mega Man X are different entities. Classic Bomberman and Super Bomberman R Bomberman are the same entity. Not to mention, in Smash 6 and onward, Bomberman can still get promoted to playable.
My mistake, the bomberman wiki uses some really strange wording when talking about Bomberman that implied that he has different "incarnations". As someone who looks into the Zelda series, that word's used for major differences.

Anyway, watch out for the recent Crash article that's around. It gives details on the final Quantum mask, but also spoils the intro cutscene, almost every world and some N. Verted levels. I didn't read most of it, but I stopped at the first sentence of the paragraph that talks about the worlds.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
My mistake, the bomberman wiki uses some really strange wording when talking about Bomberman that implied that he has different "incarnations". As someone who looks into the Zelda series, that word's used for major differences.
Aside from Bomberman and Crash Bandicoot, I would love to have Sora (Kingdom Hearts) and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden too).

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The new game or smash or just wanted to say that?
I'm assuming he meant Smash.

So far, the only big things that got leaked are the intro and how the level maps work...which is stuff that the player would see early anyway.

Can't say there's any thing to be alarmed about yet.
Yeah true.

Now if Crash was leaked for Smash, that'd be a different story...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm assuming he meant Smash.

Yeah true.

Now if Crash was leaked for Smash, that'd be a different story...
Yeah, though with anti-leak security for Smash being cast-iron nowadays, the chances of that are fairly infinitesimal. A little over two weeks left before the US launch of the :ultjoker: and :ulthero: amiibo and we still aren't close to having a clue who the next fighter is.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yeah, though with anti-leak security for Smash being cast-iron nowadays, the chances of that are fairly infinitesimal. A little over two weeks left before the US launch of the :ultjoker: and :ulthero: amiibo and we still aren't close to having a clue who the next fighter is.
Yeah true. Honestly, the best chance we have for some sort of leak as to who CP7 is is really if Nintendo leaks it themselves, ala Terry, which I doubt unfortunately.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
For anyone looking to pre-order Crash Bandicoot 4 or buy it shortly after it releases, It looks like Gamestop has started to offer 20% (Non-Members) and 30% (Pro Members) trade in credit towards the game, Could be a good way to clear up some old games in your library you don't play anymore and get the game cheaper.

I know some people like to crap on Gamestop because of how little return they get for trade ins, But if you do a little research, Take advantage of some promotions and know what your doing then you can do pretty solid.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
For anyone looking to pre-order Crash Bandicoot 4 or buy it shortly after it releases, It looks like Gamestop has started to offer 20% (Non-Members) and 30% (Pro Members) trade in credit towards the game, Could be a good way to clear up some old games in your library you don't play anymore and get the game cheaper.

I know some people like to crap on Gamestop because of how little return they get for trade ins, But if you do a little research, Take advantage of some promotions and know what your doing then you can do pretty solid.
I rarely if ever trade in games, because I like to keep all my games. only if i really hate a game...

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

I mean, you're not wrong. I got SMM2 and CTR for my switch when trading in botw and Odyssey (annnnd Star Allies). Both games had a trade-in deal, so I ended up only paying tax for both titles.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To bring a little more context to the general fan reaction:

So yeah, I think they'd like it if he got in Smash.

On a side note, the Western Crash costume scares them a tad.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
To bring a little more context to the general fan reaction:

So yeah, I think they'd like it if he got in Smash.

On a side note, the Western Crash costume scares them a tad.
I'd like to think the fear comes from the fact that they used the same suit we do, but with "teeth" in the place of the person's face. I guess the fact that it's like that is pretty uncanny. I wonder if Japan's bigger audience for the Crash and Fake Crash rivalry will ever return.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Naturally, there may be some folks who are unfamiliar with Crash. Granted, I don't think he's an obscure character by any means (far from it), but hey, what's the harm in explaining, right?
Nobody thinks Crash is obscure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom