• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's just common that people can get copies in a month in advance and leak any of the details for it. It's happened with Smash and other games in the past
What I mean is who would leak it? One of the two guys that leaked Crash 4 stuff was initially mistaken about it being a Wrath of Cortex remake/"remaster".

Tfw Crash Bandicoot trailer reveal is shown and then you wake up. 😶
Luckily there's a 0% chance of that happening at Gamescom.

MattX20

Smash Hero
What I mean is who would leak it? One of the two guys that leaked Crash 4 stuff was initially mistaken about it being a Wrath of Cortex remake/"remaster".

Luckily there's a 0% chance of that happening at Gamescom.
It's just something that eventually happens on sites like 4Chan, Gamefaqs, Twitter, and other parts of the web. I've seen it happen before so I wouldn't be surprised someone on one of those sites will do it just because they can.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's just something that eventually happens on sites like 4Chan, Gamefaqs, Twitter, and other parts of the web. I've seen it happen before so I wouldn't be surprised someone on one of those sites will do it just because they can.
I get that, and know that. I'm just saying we don't know when or if that'll happen. What exactly will be leaked, if anything, is a mystery until further notice, is what I'm saying.

Although 4Chan had a lot of fake text leaks, so that doesn't help much. Like looking for a needle in a pile of manure.

Edit: Among the list of things I was expecting them to bring up today, I wasn't expecting Crash and Coco's past to be brought up this soon. Though Crunch got spotted:

Apart from that, nothing else. Guess I was expecting too much out of Gamescom. I'll probably come back to this thread when September ends...

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Headcanon of mine: I feel like it was implied at least once that Crunch has always existed, like even around Crash 1, and originally had similar "brainwashing" to Crash. After Crash escaped and defeated Cortex three times, he finally went back and "remodeled" Crunch. Probably around the time he also modified NIna, as they are currently the only two Cortex related characters to have those kinds of enhancements.

I'm probably way off, but we know that Crunch and Nina were introduced pretty early on in the franchise (Nina was supposed to be in CNK but made it into those weird Spyro and Crash crossover games).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I actually prefer Crash's new-ish cartoony design except for, and this is gonna make me sound like one of those people who never got over Sonic green eyes, but WHERE THE F*** ARE CRASH'S PINK LIPS?
I also kinda dislike the paw prints on his shoes, but that's minor AF.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Here's a Gamescom interview.
Those jumps are giving me anxiety playing that now. Not sure if I want to complete it lol

So far, Crash, Coco, Cortex, and Dingodile are playable. I think we're gonna get a few more playable, maybe the alternative Tawna and alternative N. Tropy

Aye, I'm currently going through a Crash obsession and add that to the fact Crash Bash was one of my first videogames so I'd more than not love seeing him get in Smash! Also his new design is spectacular as well so throw me in as a supporter!
We need a remake, dammit!!!

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If Crash fails to make it in as DLC for Smash Ultimate, the next thing we can hope for before he gets promoted to playable is for Crash to never be an assist trophy ever.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No pls i dont want rilla roo to win.
Too bad, it's RILLA ROO TIME!!!

I'd LOVE Crash to be an AT, better he be an AT than not in the game at all! Plus his moveset does fit an AT status just as well as playable.
I have mixed feelings about this. While I agree with the statement, it feels like a slap in the face to not give us our 90's console war

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I've always wondered why assist trophies went from mostly generic enemies or obscure Nintendo franchises in Brawl, to full on popular requests in Ultimate. I mean, more than half of the assists in Ultimate could easily have their movesets written for them if they were given the chance. There's also the fact that trophies can now be damaged properly, get KO'd, and dodge/air dodge if need be.

Also, a good chunk of AT's have corresponding miis as well, meaning it's likely that the smash team feel a full inclusion as of Ultimate wasn't plausible with the game's bigger focus on being a special case.

Edit: Still have my fingers cross that the playable quad and the Black Knight from Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove get mii fighters someday. Or at least both Shovel and Black Knight. If anybody feels like a fitting mii out of most AT's, it's Shovel Knight.

If Crash was a base fighter, what do you guys think his franchise's assist trophy would be? Personally, I think it would be cool if they went obscure and made Carbon Crash the AT. Otherwise, easily Coco, Crunch, or one of the three animal buddies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Crash was a base fighter, what do you guys think his franchise's assist trophy would be? Personally, I think it would be cool if they went obscure and made Carbon Crash the AT. Otherwise, easily Coco, Crunch, or one of the three animal buddies.
I feel like Cortex would work very well as an assist trophy. He'd be one of those ones that wouldn't be able to be KO'ed as he would be in the background on his hoverboard, shooting lasers and throwing mines.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've always wondered why assist trophies went from mostly generic enemies or obscure Nintendo franchises in Brawl, to full on popular requests in Ultimate. I mean, more than half of the assists in Ultimate could easily have their movesets written for them if they were given the chance. There's also the fact that trophies can now be damaged properly, get KO'd, and dodge/air dodge if need be.

Also, a good chunk of AT's have corresponding miis as well, meaning it's likely that the smash team feel a full inclusion as of Ultimate wasn't plausible with the game's bigger focus on being a special case.

Edit: Still have my fingers cross that the playable quad and the Black Knight from Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove get mii fighters someday. Or at least both Shovel and Black Knight. If anybody feels like a fitting mii out of most AT's, it's Shovel Knight.

Ripper Roo would be my choice for a Crash AT, he bounces around throwing TNT everywhere, maybe incorporate some kind of lick attack and you've got a perfect AT. Dingodile could be a good AT too.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Well, assist trophies may have started out as a way to put side characters into the game without making them playable, but it potentially mutated/evolved into a place for Sakurai to put characters he doesn't want to make playable, but still include them in the game at least.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not Smash related, but how about a Crash TV show?

View attachment 284431

That sounds brilliant, but I don't know how this SpongeBob fish person knows about the Crash show given nothing else here is Viacom or Activision related in the slightest. Also, wasn't there already a Bravely Default Spirit event?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
That sounds brilliant, but I don't know how this SpongeBob fish person knows about the Crash show given nothing else here is Viacom or Activision related in the slightest. Also, wasn't there already a Bravely Default Spirit event?
Could have multiple source and just dumped what he knew, so who knows.

We had Mana and Octopath events but no Bravely events.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wanna say "No" because nothing has been mentioned by now, Does anyone know if Activision has plans regarding "Cross-gen" for Crash Bandicoot 4?

I'm not surprised by the confusion regarding COD: Black Ops/Cold War because it's their biggest IP, But was wondering if their was any rumblings for Crash ?

I would imagine their just keeping it straight forward with PS4 and XB1 in mind and it being backwards compatible with Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wanna say "No" because nothing has been mentioned by now, Does anyone know if Activision has plans regarding "Cross-gen" for Crash Bandicoot 4?

I'm not surprised by the confusion regarding COD: Black Ops/Cold War because it's their biggest IP, But was wondering if their was any rumblings for Crash ?

I would imagine their just keeping it straight forward with PS4 and XB1 in mind and it being backwards compatible with Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
Activision has no plans for anything regarding the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Thank god she's from an alternate universe. Bullet dodged, and now her design doesn't look as bad as initially leaked
I think that button design doesn't do her nearly as much justice as how she looks in game. Really like the design and yeah she is from an alt universe but gives us hope she could do more in that universe too

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think that button design doesn't do her nearly as much justice as how she looks in game. Really like the design and yeah she is from an alt universe but gives us hope she could do more in that universe too

The hair is eh, but otherwise, it's not bad

D

Deleted member

Thank god she's from an alternate universe. Bullet dodged, and now her design doesn't look as bad as initially leaked
I prefer the design from the concept art with the hat, but i don't mind this at all.

MattX20

Smash Hero
See, I told you guys it could be a parallel version of her. Try not to jump to conclusions next time.

Also, word has it that Misty Lee isn't voicing this version of her. What's up with that?
Well, it's possible since this is an alternate version, she has a different voice? I'm trying to think of an in-universe reason apart from scheduling conflicts or the VA didn't want to return

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it's possible since this is an alternate version, she has a different voice? I'm trying to think of an in-universe reason apart from scheduling conflicts or the VA didn't want to return
That is a good point. In any case, Coco did mention that Tawna hasn't been contacted a while back in their prime universe (pretty sneaky).

Makes me wonder all the more how things will go from here for the series after this game's ending.

Last edited:
Top Bottom