• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wow, imagine being that petty.

As for who's left from Crash's past the only missing playable character is Fake Velo. Crash also doesn't have an alt resembling his Titans self while Coco and Crunch do so maybe he could be a seperate choice, with Jowls Aku Aku as his shield.
They could just add a Titan as a playable racer instead of giving Crash a Titans skin. The Ratcicle was that era's poster boy, Grimly was highly promoted during MOM, and surprisingly Fake Crash's sludge skin is a reference to Sludge; when Fake Crash wins a trophy, he uses 2 of Sludge's moves: the long arm shove and the puddle dodge.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They could just add a Titan as a playable racer instead of giving Crash a Titans skin. The Ratcicle was that era's poster boy, Grimly was highly promoted during MOM, and surprisingly Fake Crash's sludge skin is a reference to Sludge; when Fake Crash wins a trophy, he uses 2 of Sludge's moves: the long arm shove and the puddle dodge.
Not to mention N. Brio having his MOM trait of claiming to have invented everything! (Except lite brite.)

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I was thinking a Titan would be a great fit for the next Grand Prix, given its apocalypse theme. I'm not sure who they would add though. I always thought Spike would be the most likely for some reason.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hey y'all, I thought I'd share my Bearminator concept here as well

Sorry if I'm spamming with these, I'm just having a lot of fun doing CTR concepts.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was thinking a Titan would be a great fit for the next Grand Prix, given its apocalypse theme. I'm not sure who they would add though. I always thought Spike would be the most likely for some reason.
Spike would work out pretty well TBH. If they're going post-apocalyptic then he'd fit in nicely. Stuff like Mad Max, Borderlands and such are big on spikes, so who better than the spiky Titan lol.

I'd personally choose Battler, but the MOM design. So lanky, yet so muscular and terrifying. Plus that theme encourages panic haha.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I hope that when Crash inevitably makes it into Smash that this legendary tune gets in whether it be the original, N. Sane remix, or a new remix:

Also, PLEASE make this Crashes intro.
tenor.gif

Though, let's be honest, it'll probably be the level entry animation from 2 and 3, but those eyebrows...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Nitro-Fueled has done just about everything it could to satisfy me. The only other characters I'd like to see would be Bianca from Spyro and a character from Twinsanity like Madame Amberly or Rusty Walrus. As for Mr. Crumb I don't care about him in the slightest and would prefer just about any of the other popular requests over him.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Well, there is this now...

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

And this.

https://nintendoeverything.com/game...listing-new-round-of-mystery-skus-for-switch/

So, with that, a Direct announcement may come next week. What are the odds that if it happens, Crash may be revealed as a playable in Smash Bros. Ultimate, as in the odds as seen by you guys?
I still think the best move would be to add Crash and Spyro at the same time, with Crash rounding off the first Fighters Pass and Spyro kicking off a second one. Will that end up happening? Definitely not, but I can't help but keep my hopes up.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Well, there is this now...

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

And this.

https://nintendoeverything.com/game...listing-new-round-of-mystery-skus-for-switch/

So, with that, a Direct announcement may come next week. What are the odds that if it happens, Crash may be revealed as a playable in Smash Bros. Ultimate, as in the odds as seen by you guys?
I'd be completely okay with that. And for everyone who might be disappointed with the Fighter's Pass after that, don't worry--you don't have to buy it. Plus, there's extra fighters along the way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's hoping for Crash on Thursday!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's hoping for Crash on Thursday!
Doubtful but I fully expect him to be one of the characters after the Pass. Of course if he was Fighter 5, that in itself would be incredible albeit unlikely.

Hopefully bringing him a sweet remix from Twinsanity as well. :)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Even if we don't get Crash for Smash on Thursday, at least we're bound to get the next Grand Prix info this week.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if we don't get Crash for Smash on Thursday, at least we're bound to get the next Grand Prix info this week.
Yeah, though it looks like it's not today. Almost certain to be tomorrow though, since GP reveals happen at least one day before the Pit Stop reset/GP launch.

I can confirm there's no "early-adopter" Champion decal launch this time, that got fixed.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Everyone is saying that Sakurai is teasing the final fighter with his 3 finger pose and I think I just found our answer.

As if there was any doubt...

412657-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-playstation-4-front-cover.png.jpg

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Posting in the threads of characters I want just for good luck on Thursday. Would be awesome if Crash was announced as the final character of Season 1 and then surprise announcement of Spyro as the first character of Season 2.

D

Deleted member

Nitro-Fueled has done just about everything it could to satisfy me. The only other characters I'd like to see would be Bianca from Spyro and a character from Twinsanity like Madame Amberly or Rusty Walrus. As for Mr. Crumb I don't care about him in the slightest and would prefer just about any of the other popular requests over him.
Just give me the Viscount acting all snooty. Yeah, I know Boom Bang is trash but the character deserves a chance to make it into Nitro-Fueled to revel in the gang in all his pompous glory.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Posting in the threads of characters I want just for good luck on Thursday. Would be awesome if Crash was announced as the final character of Season 1 and then surprise announcement of Spyro as the first character of Season 2.
That would be exciting, and the best way to add both these characters, but it looks like the 35min runtime is only long enough to go over the 5th fighter, plus all the extra content that comes with their update. I'm not confident they'd be willing to divulge their post Fighters Pass content, but I don't expect we'll see any more third party characters.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
New Grand Prix trailer just dropped.
So yeah, Coco gets another new skin, and we got a glimpse of Megamix.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Smash reveal and a Grand Prix on the 16th? Thursday can't come soon enough.

I'm loving the skins and Megamix looks great.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, BetaM was right on the nose yet again, there's only one character this time, likely to take a break from the huge workload they just had for the holidays. Activision and Beenox didn't actually hide the code too much except for the WhoAmI racer that currently isn't attached to a GP.

Kind of a missed opportunity to not have Nina look like Furiosa, but that's just me. Curiously, they didn't show the next roadmap yet either.

Another couple things to note, Chick was briefly shown with what seems to be a new exotic skin in the vid (???), and the Golden Wumpa hunt addition was leaked in the code ahead of time.

https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...Grand-Prix-for-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled

Also, is that a frickin' Judge Dredd-looking Megamix robot Legendary skin??

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well guys...This is it.

Tomorrow is when the Season Pass days will be at the end of its run. Here's to hoping its our favorite crazy marsupial. Remember too even if he's not FP5 there's always post-Pass DLC.

The best of luck to him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's someone lower-key, as expected.

Don't sweat it though, at least the next pass is bigger than last time, and CTR has some content coming still until the new Crash eventually gets revealed. Out of every Western third-party possibility, Crash is still going to be number one since it's huge in Japan.

Plus I think you'll all be pleased with who's in the next CTR datamine.

Team Scorpion

Smash Cadet
Sad truth: I never played any of the Crash games. However, just watching gameplay videos and knowing how popular he is and what he has to offer, I fully support his inclusion in Fighters Pack Vol. 2. I think it'd be legendary to get the Big 5 1990's video game superstars to highlight Smash: Mario, Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash and Spyro.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Sad truth: I never played any of the Crash games. However, just watching gameplay videos and knowing how popular he is and what he has to offer, I fully support his inclusion in Fighters Pack Vol. 2. I think it'd be legendary to get the Big 5 1990's video game superstars to highlight Smash: Mario, Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash and Spyro.
Great to have you on-board!

If you want to get into the series you should totally try to get the N. Sane Trilogy. It's fairly cheap ($40) and has the original three games in it. It's what got me addicted to Crash so I can assure you that you'll love it.

Team Scorpion

Smash Cadet
Great to have you on-board!

If you want to get into the series you should totally try to get the N. Sane Trilogy. It's fairly cheap ($40) and has the original three games in it. It's what got me addicted to Crash so I can assure you that you'll love it.
Honestly, I actually have no real interest in it. If that makes any sense. I can see what he does translating to Smash and being fun, but I've never really cared for platforming game. I'm more of an action, FPS, and fighter type of guy. And that's what I really enjoy about Smash: it can bring characters and fans from all genres together.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I'm Ruffy. Just wanted to add my support for Crash as he's the other character I still need for Ultimate next to Geno. Tho the games are a little too hard for me (being a filthy casual) I still recognize his significance in gaming history and truly believe he needs to be in Smash next to Mario, MegaMan, Sonic and the like.

He seems like a no-brainer for Fighter's Pass 2, but we'll see what happens. Here's to hoping! <3

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Hey all, I'm Ruffy. Just wanted to add my support for Crash as he's the other character I still need for Ultimate next to Geno. Tho the games are a little too hard for me (being a filthy casual) I still recognize his significance in gaming history and truly believe he needs to be in Smash next to Mario, MegaMan, Sonic and the like.

He seems like a no-brainer for Fighter's Pass 2, but we'll see what happens. Here's to hoping! <3
I'd definitely recommend CTR Nitro-Fueled if you want a less serious way to check out the Crash franchise. Getting good at that game is sort of difficult, but as of now, that game has a little piece of Crash's entire history in it, sans a few characters.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Hear me out.
What if the reason we have an extra slot in Volume 2 is so that we can get Crash and Spyro TOGETHER?
The two go together like peanut butter and jelly, and not just color-wise.
Personally, I think that'd be the best way to open up this next Fighter's Pass to generate maximum hype.

Either that or reveal Crash at E3, as that's where most people would agree Volume 1 peaked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom