• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
bah, everytime some news about Crash surfaces it is soon either discovered to be fake or we realize the source is not exactly safe to trust, it's so frustrating.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
On the topic of Noa guy, this was posted in the geno thread
thank god, i can stop being silent now

you have NO IDEA how much my blood boils when i hear SupirorGuy's name
he's a freaking nuisance and im quite happy Sabi subdued him as soon as MysticDistance got outed as a lying dip**** sending a fake email about P5R on the Switch and SupirorGuy snitching on a Jezzle's Banjo rumor directly to Microsoft's twitter.

IMMEDIATELY drop any forged garbage he sends around if you hear his name in anything
he's no insider, just another sabotager to fool and spite inside people. (just like Lupensko, who's another name associate to SupirorGuy, did to Vergeben)

i really feel sorry for Crash fans right now, really do.

7NATOR

Smash Master

So Papa Clarified on Crash. Seems like not Fighter #5, but can come later

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Oh believe me I said it earlier

It will be one or the other for dlc 5 of wave 1

So Ryu Hayabusa is back on the boat as most likely for that slot (it can still be anybody)

Actually iamshifty/source may have also concluded crash is not the 5th one

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman

I guess Crash might be the 6th dlc fighter(not counting piranha plant).

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I still give a small amount of credit to a guy who somehow knew Goemon (a series very few had on their radar) and a Team Rocket Mii (Pokemon being one of few major franchises yet to get a mii costume) would be in. I truly would've thought that we'd even get some sort of Hitmonchan Mii before Team Rocket.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I've made a Classic Mode for Crash based on his genre:

Crash Bandicoot: Platformer Power (take a guess)
Stage 1: :ultmegaman:on Wily Castle (Cut Man Stage)
Stage 2: :ultsonic:on :greenhill: (Emerald Hill Zone)
Stage 3: :ultbanjokazooie: on Spiral Mountain (Mumbo's Mountain)
Bonus Stage
Stage 4: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
Dream Land GB, free-for-all (Gourmet Race (Brawl))
Stage 5: :ultsimon::ultrichter: on Dracula's Castle (Iron-Blue Intention)
Stage 6: :ultbowser::ultwario::ultbowserjr::ultkrool: w/:ultmario::ultdk::ultyoshi: on :mky:, Battlefield (Star Maze)
Boss: Dracula

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It's a bit quiet here, so I'll share a new moveset idea.

Basic Jab: Marsupial Maelstrom

For his Standard Jab, Crash punches in a circular motion. He cycles his fists and alternates with each punch, moving remarkably fast while doing so. The hitstun is solid, strong enough to disrupt victims and fast enough to make reacting difficult.

Then as a follow-up, he can slam his fists onto the ground to knock away anyone in striking range. The move has alright knockback and is performed quickly, but has just a touch of ending lag to gently emphasize the move's strength.

That's the gist of the attack. Personally this was meant to be a 3-hit Jab sequence, where you press the A Button once and Crash would perform the first 2 hits automatically, then press A again for him to slam his fists down. As I started working on it though, I realized those rotating punches could also be an Infinite Jab/Flurry Attack like his Forward Tilt, except this time he'd have a proper Finisher. Anyway, for my moveset I'm having Crash perform circular movements for his attacks. Spinning, turning, rotating, etc; I feel like his body shape and lack of a neck means that linear punches don't really work for him, so he'll only swing his fists with curves.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It's a bit quiet here, so I'll share a new moveset idea.

Basic Jab: Marsupial Maelstrom

For his Standard Jab, Crash punches in a circular motion. He cycles his fists and alternates with each punch, moving remarkably fast while doing so. The hitstun is solid, strong enough to disrupt victims and fast enough to make reacting difficult.

Then as a follow-up, he can slam his fists onto the ground to knock away anyone in striking range. The move has alright knockback and is performed quickly, but has just a touch of ending lag to gently emphasize the move's strength.

That's the gist of the attack. Personally this was meant to be a 3-hit Jab sequence, where you press the A Button once and Crash would perform the first 2 hits automatically, then press A again for him to slam his fists down. As I started working on it though, I realized those rotating punches could also be an Infinite Jab/Flurry Attack like his Forward Tilt, except this time he'd have a proper Finisher. Anyway, for my moveset I'm having Crash perform circular movements for his attacks. Spinning, turning, rotating, etc; I feel like his body shape and lack of a neck means that linear punches don't really work for him, so he'll only swing his fists with curves.
Okay I definitely follow you on twitter or something, I know I saw this earlier today lmao. I like this jab idea a lot though, it fits his cartoon-y style, and it's a bit more unique than just having him spin as a jab infinite (not that that's bad or anything).

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Okay I definitely follow you on twitter or something, I know I saw this earlier today lmao. I like this jab idea a lot though, it fits his cartoon-y style, and it's a bit more unique than just having him spin as a jab infinite (not that that's bad or anything).
Thank you! Yeah, that's definitely me on Twitter lol; I'm glad you like the style. It's still a little weird picturing Crash doing a straightforward punch so I think this drawing is a good way around it as it works for his shape. And honestly I'm not knocking the people who use the tornado as his jab, but I think there's tons of other ideas people can come up with. Like, Crash can do more than spin.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Copied from my post in the Newcomer Speculation thread:
My official prediction for the next two months:
November 5-ish: Terry gets released and we get an announcement for the final character of the first Fighter's Pass: Doom Slayer. Releases January 2020.
Game Awards comes around. We get a teaser for the next Crash Bandicoot game in the style of the N. Sane Trilogy. Coco opens up her email and says, "Oh, it's for you Crash!" Crash takes the computer and scratches his head in confusion. The camera then turns 180° and zooms in on Coco's laptop screen with a Smash Invitation letter.
Crash Bandicoot crashes the party.
Fighter's Pass 2 revealed.
Coco is an Echo

Now my edit for this thread:
Perhaps Crash could scroll down on the email to reveal an invitation for Coco too.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Is it considered a double post if it's this long between unrelated posts?

Oh well.
Check this out, guys.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Crash Team Racing, does anyone have advice on how to get the golden chicken eggs that just showed up in Adventure Mode? I have no idea if they're permanent or if they only last the month, though I'm treating them like they last the month.

I've gotten two (the one in the castle area and the one in the temple area), but for the one on the beach, the ice area, and Nitrous Oxide's area, I can't seem to jump high enough, and there doesn't seem to be a ton of space to build up my speed through boosting and get the right angle.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
For Crash Team Racing, does anyone have advice on how to get the golden chicken eggs that just showed up in Adventure Mode? I have no idea if they're permanent or if they only last the month, though I'm treating them like they last the month.

I've gotten two (the one in the castle area and the one in the temple area), but for the one on the beach, the ice area, and Nitrous Oxide's area, I can't seem to jump high enough, and there doesn't seem to be a ton of space to build up my speed through boosting and get the right angle.
Uhh...best I can say is keep trying? Took me 10 minutes to get the Beach one. Maybe try maintaining boosts around the entire hub so that when you finally get to where the egg is you can jump high enough? I don't know if I'm making sense, but that's what I did.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Can I share a brief history between me and Crash?
When I was a little kid, the two Crash games I had were Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity, both for PS2. In middle school, I played Crash: The HUGE Adventure and--technically--Spyro Orange, as well as WoC's Xbox port through Xbox Live. Then I picked up the N. Sane Trilogy roughly a month after it first came out, between sophomore year and junior year.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Uhh...best I can say is keep trying? Took me 10 minutes to get the Beach one. Maybe try maintaining boosts around the entire hub so that when you finally get to where the egg is you can jump high enough? I don't know if I'm making sense, but that's what I did.
Thanks - I managed to get the last three using Tiny, since he's so big that it makes it easier for him to touch the eggs. The bridge in the ice area was wide enough that I could drift on it, and the one in the Nitrous Oxide area was nowhere near as complicated as the videos made it seem. (it turns out that you just need to line yourself straight across from it, get one slide boost in, and jump at the top of the slope - the videos that I saw acted like you needed to turn ninety degrees in the air)

Now I just need Koala Kong (who I should get in the next day or two, since I'm roughly halfway there now), Fake Crash (who will likely be frustrating to get, but it's possible if I stick closely to Youtube videos showing how to do the remaining two crystal stages), and N. Tropy. (who I will almost certainly never be able to get, since simply unlocking (let alone beating) his time on a single track seems to require that you perpetually stay in a boost state no matter how impossible that might seem)

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Thanks - I managed to get the last three using Tiny, since he's so big that it makes it easier for him to touch the eggs. The bridge in the ice area was wide enough that I could drift on it, and the one in the Nitrous Oxide area was nowhere near as complicated as the videos made it seem. (it turns out that you just need to line yourself straight across from it, get one slide boost in, and jump at the top of the slope - the videos that I saw acted like you needed to turn ninety degrees in the air)

Now I just need Koala Kong (who I should get in the next day or two, since I'm roughly halfway there now), Fake Crash (who will likely be frustrating to get, but it's possible if I stick closely to Youtube videos showing how to do the remaining two crystal stages), and N. Tropy. (who I will almost certainly never be able to get, since simply unlocking (let alone beating) his time on a single track seems to require that you perpetually stay in a boost state no matter how impossible that might seem)
N. Tropy can be pretty difficult if you haven't entirely mastered keeping up constant boosts for an entire track, so I don't blame you. I legit had to dedicate some time to learning the ins and outs of every track just to get him. Also, idk what is, but when I was going to unlock F. Crash, the game kept crashing? No idea why?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
N. Tropy can be pretty difficult if you haven't entirely mastered keeping up constant boosts for an entire track, so I don't blame you. I legit had to dedicate some time to learning the ins and outs of every track just to get him. Also, idk what is, but when I was going to unlock F. Crash, the game kept crashing? No idea why?
I find it weird that almost every character was made easier to unlock between Crash Team Racing and Nitro-Fueled (from what I've read, to unlock the bosses in the original, you needed to beat the Gem Cups), while N. Tropy was made much, much more difficult. (seeing as you need to beat his time on at least twice as many tracks as you did in the original)

It would have been nice if unlocking him required you to beat his time on one track, instead of all thirty-six tracks (more if the Grand Prix tracks are included). Mind you, I still wouldn't be able to get him, but it would be much more reasonable criteria.

I got Koala Kong, at least. At some point, I might try for Fake Crash, though I feel like (much like my attempts at Crash 1 and 2) I've hit a wall that I can't overcome.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I find it weird that almost every character was made easier to unlock between Crash Team Racing and Nitro-Fueled (from what I've read, to unlock the bosses in the original, you needed to beat the Gem Cups), while N. Tropy was made much, much more difficult. (seeing as you need to beat his time on at least twice as many tracks as you did in the original)

It would have been nice if unlocking him required you to beat his time on one track, instead of all thirty-six tracks (more if the Grand Prix tracks are included). Mind you, I still wouldn't be able to get him, but it would be much more reasonable criteria.

I got Koala Kong, at least. At some point, I might try for Fake Crash, though I feel like (much like my attempts at Crash 1 and 2) I've hit a wall that I can't overcome.
One thing I can say is this: don't bother with Oxide times. I haven't touched them at all, but i know that they'll make anyone hate this game. Crash Cove's time is really strict, and requires pinpoint maneuvers.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gotta say I love the new clown Cortex skin. Will probably be using it well after the GP is over. I also love the Nitro Squad alts (aside from Isabella's).

Also prominent Crash leaker BetaM datamined the next GP and it seems that we will be getting the following:

I was not expecting Yaya Panda but I can see this upcoming GP pleasing a ton of people

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
You should eventually be able to easily beat N.Tropy if you get the turbo reserves mechanic down. Don't give up. Keep doing TTs because they're the best way to improve in the game

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the Game Awards is less than a month away so who here thinks that Crash will make a comeback?

Either as character no 5 or with a brand new game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well the Game Awards is less than a month away so who here thinks that Crash will make a comeback?

Either as character no 5 or with a brand new game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled announced at the Game Awards?

I could see it happening - the Future Tense level in the N. Sane Trilogy seemed like a way to see how well the developers could make a new level while still keeping it similar to the design of the original games. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a brand new Crash game from Vicarious Visions in the next year or two.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled announced at the Game Awards?

I could see it happening - the Future Tense level in the N. Sane Trilogy seemed like a way to see how well the developers could make a new level while still keeping it similar to the design of the original games. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a brand new Crash game from Vicarious Visions in the next year or two.
Yeah, it was.

One thing they could do is remake Wrath of Cortex and tweak the more janky levels but I think a new game would work best. Maybe with some crack about Crash getting his tribal tattoos removed.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I am sure a new crash game will be revealed at the game awards. 2020 is the perfect year for a new game at this point.

Also, a very convincing leak of a new crash game being revealed at the game awards has surfaced.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yeah, it was.

One thing they could do is remake Wrath of Cortex and tweak the more janky levels but I think a new game would work best. Maybe with some crack about Crash getting his tribal tattoos removed.
Anyone ever heard of that canceled Twinsanity sequel where Cortex traps Crash in a TV device, and there's 25 levels spanning across different shows? What if that comes into fruition, but with 30 main levels, 6 bosses (so 5 levels per area before the boss) and 5 super hard secret levels?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone ever heard of that canceled Twinsanity sequel where Cortex traps Crash in a TV device, and there's 25 levels spanning across different shows? What if that comes into fruition, but with 30 main levels, 6 bosses (so 5 levels per area before the boss) and 5 super hard secret levels?
Well in the original 3 games Crash foiled Cortex on the Australian Islands in 1, then across the world in 2 and through time in 3. If they want the game to feel more than a HD Crash 3 redo like Wrath ended up as, they'll need a new angle for sure.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
I am sure a new crash game will be revealed at the game awards. 2020 is the perfect year for a new game at this point.

Also, a very convincing leak of a new crash game being revealed at the game awards has surfaced.
It's possible that a new crash game might happened at the game awards.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

I saw saw that leak on Blocked Content’s channel and he tried to spin it as if it meant Crash had a chance of making it into Smash with no evidence whatsover.

Stop giving me hope dammit.

Top Bottom