• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What would be more likely, him voicing lines for crash in smash or a new crash game?
It may just be for a new game because I believe the Smash team would just reuse his voice clips, unless there weren't enough to use for all the moves, victories and taunts.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I mean, we have Skylanders, N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled to pull from. His work in Skylanders is pretty identical to the latter two games, so he has more than enough to work with if they do the "reusing voice clips" route.

StormC

Smash Hero
While I know this is just the blizzard side and Activision and Blizzard are usually kept secret, the company is still Activision Blizzard at the end of the day. How do you guys think this affects Crash's chances? https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1184432105629069313?s=19
It's definitely a gray area. I think Nintendo senses a PR quicksand pit when they see one, and that's what Blizzard is right now. Dunno about Activision.

It's hard to speculate definitively.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
It's definitely a gray area. I think Nintendo senses a PR quicksand pit when they see one, and that's what Blizzard is right now. Dunno about Activision.

It's hard to speculate definitively.
Activision is why Blizzard is in the dumps, in my opinion. But your point still stands nonetheless; I just hope it does not affect chances. Crash was developed and created by neither Blizzard or Activision. It would be a shame.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
While I know this is just the blizzard side and Activision and Blizzard are usually kept separate, the company is still Activision Blizzard at the end of the day. How do you guys think this affects Crash's chances? https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1184432105629069313?s=19
I really don't see it having any effect on Crash's chances mainly because this whole Hong Kong thing is on Blizzard's end. Even if Activision themselves started this whole fiasco, all Nintendo would be doing is just temporarily using one of their characters who happens to be incredibly popular and wasn't even created by them. Worst thing I can see happening if Crash gets revealed are some angry rants on Twitter/Reddit. Aside from that everyone would be fine with Crash's inclusion for the most part.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
If a subsidiary is embroiled in scandal, it makes the parent company and other subsidiaries look equally bad. Especially when the one partially owned by Tencent is, in fact, the parent company Activision Blizzard.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Imagine Nintendo having a W.I.P. of Crash complete, only to have it become scrapped. I really hope that doesn't happen.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Imagine Nintendo having a W.I.P. of Crash complete, only to have it become scrapped. I really hope that doesn't happen.
If he's far along in development enough he won't be scrapped, if he's not even started yet though there's a non-zero chance Nintendo would scrap him

This is assuming he's on the list to begin with however

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If he's far along in development enough he won't be scrapped, if he's not even started yet though there's a non-zero chance Nintendo would scrap him

This is assuming he's on the list to begin with however
That's true. I'm just concerned that the Blizzard situation will extend much further than it already has.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
That's true. I'm just concerned that the Blizzard situation will extend much further than it already has.
Blizzard being a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard automatically makes Activision unremovable from the situation, it's already extended as far as it's going to

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I know I'm interrupting this conversation but...
I really REALLY want Yaya Panda from the phone racing games as a playable character in Nitro Fueled.
NLQAtxW.png

Edit: now that I think about it, she could be the main character in a chinese new year grand prix or something.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Still, between the Blizzard situation and now this, I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been turned off of Crash. And that's really the worst part of this.

You know what they say about reputation: lifetime to build, seconds to destroy.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
My parents used to play the Crash Bandicoot games on PlayStation before I was born and that series has been my childhood since The Wrath of Cortex (I know, original Naughty Dog games are better).

Hearing those leaks of him coming to Smash (I take a grain of salt though) made me think I'll support this thread.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
OH **** HERE WE GO:

I think getting both Ryu and Crash eventually is pretty likely btw.
The question now is, who will come first?

I'm thinking it'll be Ryu Hayabusa as #5 and Crash Bandicoot as the second character of the additional DLC. I think Geno might be the first additional character.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Whoever leaked the Mii costumes leaked them on 7/19/19(I assume from his vid), 2 weeks before Hero's release and like 5-6 weeks before Banjo's release and the actual reveal of the said Mii Costumes, that kinda stands out to me. Sure we didn't a Mallow/Smithy & Chocobo costume but we know Nintendo recently took down 2 Mario RPG tracks not too long ago, like the Sans situation earlier this year. Plus Geno has been a fan favorite for a long time so it would not surprise me to see him become a fighter. Really hoping our boys Crash Bandicoot & Ryu Hayabusa both make it. I think they will.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I honestly think Geno is a guarantee. I'll be very surprised if he does not get in as playable. Sakurai has thought he would be great for Smash since Brawl, so I can't see him not making it. Get HYPED!!!

I don't think Geno will be part of the pass though. He seems like more of a single standalone release.

Crash on the other hand... I can't let myself get too excited. He has always been my most wanted character of all time. The only character that could make me happier than getting King K. RoOl.

Crash Bandicoot would seriously be a dream come true.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Man, I sure hope Crash is in Ultimate. As a gamer who preferred the N64 and Saturn to the PlayStation, I would right a lot of wrongs from the 32/64-bit console wars... :glare:

images.jpeg

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As someone who has only played the original Crash Bandicoot via N-Sane trilogy, educate me on how the Bandicoot could work.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
As someone who has only played the original Crash Bandicoot via N-Sane trilogy, educate me on how the Bandicoot could work.
My moveset in the OP imo is a good baseline for how Crash would work, I think one other thing to highlight would be his animations. Crash would have very cartoony animations: like Looney Tunes.

Tldr from my moveset in OP, tons of crazy animations and cartoony movements, more of a trap character.

Another idea I had thrown around if I make another moveset would be using Aku Aku as a gimmick, something related to surviving.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Neither will be #5. There's no logical reason for this "leaker" to know about costumes Geno would be coming with before knowing about Terry and #5. The most I'm willing to give this guy credit for is those few mii costumes that actually did happen. The SMRPG/ Chocobo ones and now Crash are most certainly false.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say that Crash's chances aren't too affected as he is mostly sold on 90's Nostalgia nostalgia that China doesn't have.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Neither will be #5. There's no logical reason for this "leaker" to know about costumes Geno would be coming with before knowing about Terry and #5. The most I'm willing to give this guy credit for is those few mii costumes that actually did happen. The SMRPG/ Chocobo ones and now Crash are most certainly false.
I don’t really understand what could’ve happened either, but are any of us an expert on how information gets leaked? Maybe they spoke with someone that mostly worked on Mii costumes at first and then got more information as time went on. IDK. Still how do we explain them being correct on Rocket Grunt and freaking Goemon? That’s too good of a guess in my eyes.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I don’t really understand what could’ve happened either, but are any of us an expert on how information gets leaked? Maybe they spoke with someone that mostly worked on Mii costumes at first and then got more information as time went on. IDK. Still how do we explain them being correct on Rocket Grunt and freaking Goemon? That’s too good of a guess in my eyes.
You've completely missed the point. This "leaker" is very clearly hinting at Geno. If Geno isn't #5, that means he would have to know about a post pass character 3 months ago, before they knew about Terry or #5. Keep in mind that 3 months ago, nobody had any clue extra DLC would even be a thing.
It doesn't matter if he got just a couple things right, he completely missed easily the most important mii costume of that batch, and mixed in some **** that shouldn't even be happening according to himself.

I understand exactly the only things that could have happened; he got ahold of a tiny little bit of legitimate information and decided to just mix random stuff in according to trends at the time, or he just completely made a guess. Goemon isn't even that difficult a guess, since Goemon is one of Konami's classic arcade franchises.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You've completely missed the point. This "leaker" is very clearly hinting at Geno. If Geno isn't #5, that means he would have to know about a post pass character 3 months ago, before they knew about Terry or #5. Keep in mind that 3 months ago, nobody had any clue extra DLC would even be a thing.
It doesn't matter if he got just a couple things right, he completely missed easily the most important mii costume of that batch, and mixed in some **** that shouldn't even be happening according to himself.

I understand exactly the only things that could have happened; he got ahold of a tiny little bit of legitimate information and decided to just mix random stuff in according to trends at the time, or he just completely made a guess. Goemon isn't even that difficult a guess, since Goemon is one of Konami's classic arcade franchises.
But that seems a bit odd with the fact that he predicted no Microsoft costumes. If he was trying to fill in holes with popular ideas, I would assume Microsoft stuff would've been noted. Also, while Goemon may have been a possible guess, Team Rocket Grunt seems near impossible.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
The "trend" I am alluding to here is Geno.
But that seems a bit odd with the fact that he predicted no Microsoft costumes. If he was trying to fill in holes with popular ideas, I would assume Microsoft stuff would've been noted. Also, while Goemon may have been a possible guess, Team Rocket Grunt seems near impossible.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

You may very well be right. I just don’t think things are quite that clear cut. Sure, he could’ve guessed those two. It just seems really unlikely that he got both by accident. As for no one knowing that DLC would continue, that’s not entirely true. IAmShifty has a source that told him DLC would last for two years.

https://youtu.be/VcmAVb8sGz0

It’s possible that the leaker had access to this information as well. I could be wrong of course, but I’m not convinced either way.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The "trend" I am alluding to here is Geno.
From what I understand, the leak only has Mallow and Smithy costumes noted. There is clear implication, but Geno is not noted, in contrast to how he made clear declarations for the other characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You don't just guess Goemon and Team Rocket grunt mii costumes, nevermind the other stuff he got right. Come on now.

Top Bottom