• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

D

Deleted member

Tbf, Playstation got exclusive content.

Some Nintendo love would be neat.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a bit of the game after the patch, and I am so glad that the challenges aren't all online only. (I played a single online match to see if I'd have better luck this time, which helped a lot, but given that there are daily and weekly challenges, it's not so bad)

My only goal is to unlock the characters, since I'm not too concerned about the costumes, and I'm already halfway to unlocking Tawna. (I got three of the items, and I believe that Tawna is the sixth one) Don't know if I'll unlock the other racers, but we'll see how I do with Wumpa Coins over the next few weeks. Like I said earlier, I have no idea who the other racers from the Pit Stop are aside from Crunch, which makes it easier for me to spend coins on these new racers since they're only here for a limited time and I don't need to get karts, stickers, etc.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Tbf, Playstation got exclusive content.

Some Nintendo love would be neat.
Wouldn't mind a Mario character pack.

Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser all playable in Crash Team Racing with a Mario-themed course. Certain powerups get replaced when playing as them (missiles become red shells, masks become starmen, etc.)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandi...hy_girls_stats_has_actually_changed_they_all/

So the trophy girls have different stats than the ones they showed a few weeks back. With these new stats, which one will you be using?

I'm probably gonna be using Isabella and Ami the most.

Oh yeah apparently there was a new datamine which officially confirmed a new character. It was expected, but get ready to see...

Nina

zferolie

Smash Hero
I played a bit of the game after the patch, and I am so glad that the challenges aren't all online only. (I played a single online match to see if I'd have better luck this time, which helped a lot, but given that there are daily and weekly challenges, it's not so bad)

My only goal is to unlock the characters, since I'm not too concerned about the costumes, and I'm already halfway to unlocking Tawna. (I got three of the items, and I believe that Tawna is the sixth one) Don't know if I'll unlock the other racers, but we'll see how I do with Wumpa Coins over the next few weeks. Like I said earlier, I have no idea who the other racers from the Pit Stop are aside from Crunch, which makes it easier for me to spend coins on these new racers since they're only here for a limited time and I don't need to get karts, stickers, etc.
Yeah I suck at online, though at least the coin multiplayer is nice for unlocking. I keep racing people who finish before the rest of us get to the final lap... the hell are they doing to do that?!

I had enough coins to unlock Liz, then used her for the bonus to get tawna. Trying to get enough coins for the other girls but so far only the combo for Ami and like 1800 short.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandi...hy_girls_stats_has_actually_changed_they_all/

So the trophy girls have different stats than the ones they showed a few weeks back. With these new stats, which one will you be using?

Oh yeah apparently there was a new datamine which officially confirmed a new character. It was expected, but get ready to see...

Nina
Ehhh I planned to use Tawna, and still will, but will test each girl out. Liz seemed quite good and I was better able to make turns, but her low speed might mess things up for me.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
I've only played N'Sane Trilogy and a bit of Twinsanity, but I enjoyed my experience with both. Crash Bandicoot's a great character that I think would have a fun move set and has the legacy to match it. Put me with the supporters, if you'd please.

D

Deleted member

6000 Wumpa Coins is enough for the Trophy Girls?

I won't be able to play until the evening due to some exams.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Nina
That's great, they cover all the speed classes. And both Tawna and Megumi have high acceleration, that's much more like it. :b:

Also

My spooky October theory is starting to come true! The Cortexes' faces when they have to face off against nine bandicoots at the same time.

ASCIOtM.gif

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
6000 Wumpa Coins is enough for the Trophy Girls?

I won't be able to play until the evening due to some exams.
It should be - if you just want the individual characters, as opposed to packs with other items and costumes, then they should be 1500 each. However, it seems like the Pit Stop cycles through them daily, as opposed to all of them being available.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wouldn't mind a Mario character pack.

Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser all playable in Crash Team Racing with a Mario-themed course. Certain powerups get replaced when playing as them (missiles become red shells, masks become starmen, etc.)
The game would be broken lol

Bros would be balanced, peach I feel would be turning, and bowser would be speed

zferolie

Smash Hero
Any of you guys do the win a race going backwards the last lap challenge? I was thinking of doing that on tiny arena with 5plus laps, as i can already be a full minute 10 ahead of them woth 3 laps, so 5 laps should get me enough to have enough time to do the full course backwards. Unless people know of a better one?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Any of you guys do the win a race going backwards the last lap challenge? I was thinking of doing that on tiny arena with 5plus laps, as i can already be a full minute 10 ahead of them woth 3 laps, so 5 laps should get me enough to have enough time to do the full course backwards. Unless people know of a better one?
If you have a 2nd controller, just do a local race on a short track against the idle "2nd Player" and start reversing as soon as you're near the finish line at the 2nd lap. And do it from there. Even against Easy AI the achievement is nearly impossible unless you're really good at the game where you lap Easy AI twice or something. And as for the Tiny Arena plan, hitting a boost pad while going in reverse sends you back and there's a part of tiny arena where there's nowhere you can avoid that. So using two controllers in a local race with no AI is your best way of getting that one.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
If you have a 2nd controller, just do a local race on a short track against the idle "2nd Player" and start reversing as soon as you're near the finish line at the 2nd lap. And do it from there. Even against Easy AI the achievement is nearly impossible unless you're really good at the game where you lap Easy AI twice or something. And as for the Tiny Arena plan, hitting a boost pad while going in reverse sends you back and there's a part of tiny arena where there's nowhere you can avoid that. So using two controllers in a local race with no AI is your best way of getting that one.
I had no idea i could cheese it like that. Any others that are cheesable?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I had no idea i could cheese it like that. Any others that are cheesable?
I'd assume the Capture the Flag/Battle ones could probably be done in the same way (5 Flags in North bowl, 25 flags in Capture the Flag, 5 limit battles without being hit). Maybe a few more you could do via cheesing with a 2nd controller. But those generally come to mind on that end

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing that might make completing the prize track a little easier - if you get any of the characters that were introduced in this event, such as the ones through the Pit Stop, use them, plus any karts and wheels (and maybe paint jobs?) that you get through this event. Doing that gives a 20% or 25% bonus on the Nitro that you get from completing tasks, which helps to speed up the process at least a little bit.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing that might make completing the prize track a little easier - if you get any of the characters that were introduced in this event, such as the ones through the Pit Stop, use them, plus any karts and wheels (and maybe paint jobs?) that you get through this event. Doing that gives a 20% or 25% bonus on the Nitro that you get from completing tasks, which helps to speed up the process at least a little bit.
I bought Liz so far and I got most of the Bronze bar filled up, so I should be covered in no time.

Only thing that bothers me is that I haven't seen the nation flag pack with mine on it yet.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Easy as hell.

Would love every major console manufacturer to be represented in Smash.
I mean hey, Banjo Kazooie and Crash both getting in would kinda be a way to sorta have Sega, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all represented (though maybe you could argue Snake and Cloud are also PS1-centric, but not quite the unofficial mascot level of Crash?)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I finally got Tawna. It'll be tough to consistently win races online though...

I mean hey, Banjo Kazooie and Crash both getting in would kinda be a way to sorta have Sega, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all represented (though maybe you could argue Snake and Cloud are also PS1-centric, but not quite the unofficial mascot level of Crash?)
A far shot it is, but it'd be cool to have SNK/Neo Geo's Terry and Turbographix-16/Hudson's Bonk to round things out as well.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well, I finally got Tawna. It'll be tough to consistently win races online though...

A far shot it is, but it'd be cool to have SNK/Neo Geo's Terry and Turbographix-16/Hudson's Bonk to round things out as well.
So how many hours did it take you to get all of them? Sounds like I got plenty of time to get everything by how quick you got it already

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So how many hours did it take you to get all of them? Sounds like I got plenty of time to get everything by how quick you got it already
I played on and off, so around at least 3 hours, depending on the Nitro bonus achievements you get. And I still got Silver and Gold tiers left to do.

Also, I already got a patch for version 1.05 earlier this morn! I wonder what it's for.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Crash isn't Sony's character though no matter which way you look at it. With Banjo Kazooie, they're not Microsoft created but they are owned by Microsoft. Crash Bandicoot would have Activision on the copyright and I think that's enough to not make Crash a Sony character. If we really wanted Sony in, you'd have to go with characters like Tomba, Sly Cooper, Rachet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Spike, Parappa the Rappa or Daniel Fortesque and they are in the not happening circle of potential Smash Bros characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Crash isn't Sony's character though no matter which way you look at it. With Banjo Kazooie, they're not Microsoft created but they are owned by Microsoft. Crash Bandicoot would have Activision on the copyright and I think that's enough to not make Crash a Sony character. If we really wanted Sony in, you'd have to go with characters like Tomba, Sly Cooper, Rachet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Spike, Parappa the Rappa or Daniel Fortesque and they are in the not happening circle of potential Smash Bros characters.
That's why they included words like "kinda" and "sorta". Crash may not have been Sony's "official" mascot, but he was still a face of the platform. It's like Banjo and Kazooie - they're owned by Microsoft, but people are generally going to associate them with the Nintendo 64 rather than the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah of course, tho maybe he would be the closest we'd get, and moreso than Joker, Snake and Cloud?

D

Deleted member

Crash isn’t a Sony character, but it makes sense to have some little nods to the PS1 era in the same way that the trailers for Banjo and Hero referenced similar stuff (the DK crew celebrating Banjo’s return being a reference to how both used to be with Rare and Luminary saving Link whose series was born close to DQ).

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Most people are aware he's not a Sony character hence why N.Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled are Multiplatform, But even though Crash Bandicoot is now owned by Activision, He will forever be remembered as the de facto mascot of the original PlayStation and is viewed as a counterpart to Nintendo's Mario and Sega's Sonic, It's Similar to Banjo-Kazooie's situation, Even though they are owned by Microsoft they will always be considered "Nintendo Characters" because of their origins and legacy.

Sony obviously isn't going to play ball with Nintendo like Microsoft would and even if Sony did have the rights to Crash Bandicoot there would be no chance in hell they would allow him to join Super Smash Bros, But rather more so in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Sure we have Snake and Cloud, But Crash Bandicoot is as close as "The Sony Playstation Character" that isn't owned by them and is fair game that just so happens to be owned by Activision.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
That's why they included words like "kinda" and "sorta". Crash may not have been Sony's "official" mascot, but he was still a face of the platform. It's like Banjo and Kazooie - they're owned by Microsoft, but people are generally going to associate them with the Nintendo 64 rather than the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One.
Most people are aware he's not a Sony character hence why N.Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled are Multiplatform, But even though Crash Bandicoot is now owned by Activision, He will forever be remembered as the de facto mascot of the original PlayStation and is viewed as a counterpart to Nintendo's Mario and Sega's Sonic, It's Similar to Banjo-Kazooie's situation, Even though they are owned by Microsoft they will always be considered "Nintendo Characters" because of their origins and legacy.

Sure we have Snake and Cloud, But Crash Bandicoot is as close as "The Sony Playstation Character" that isn't owned by them and is fair game that just so happens to be owned by Activision.
I mean yeah, we associate Banjo Kazooie more as Nintendo characters but It still doesn't change the fact that they are now Microsoft owned characters and that's the tough reality we have to deal with, Phil Spencer is cool so it makes it less bad but I digress.

Crash Bandicoot is on the same boat. He was a Sony character but regardless of what we think, he is an Activision character now. It's even more apparent since the N Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled became a multiplatform series. We should only call them Sony characters if they are officially owned by Sony because if by some miracle we do get a Sony exclusive character to join Smash Bros, what do we label them as?

Yeah of course, tho maybe he would be the closest we'd get, and moreso than Joker, Snake and Cloud?
Yeah he is more Sony than Cloud, Joker and Snake since his games made their debut on a PlayStation console. That's what he used to be. However he has been a multiplat character since the earlier 2000's.

Top Bottom