• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
But Crash could have a neutral special of spinning with the Death Tornado powerup already involved, acting like both that and a less powerful "classic" spin if need be. He'd be able to do either on the ground or in midair for extra air time, just like in the games.
The problem with that is Side special conflicts with Neutral special. Like I said, Crash's spin attack is his most reliable and frequently used move and you want to use it all the time. Adding it to Neutral Special will take away that freedom because you can no longer move around and use it like in the games without adding it as his Side Special as well. That is why I added the Crash spin to his neutral attacks like with Mega Man's Neutral combo, Side-tilt and Neutral Aerial since the Mega Buster is to Mega Man what the Crash Spin is to Crash. With the Death Tornado Spin, it is mainly used to cross large gaps in the games so I thought it would work better as a Side Special. While it is removed from the Crash Spin, the Death Tornado spin is exclusive to Crash warped and is a power up much like the Fruit bazooka and the Super Charged Body Slam so I think it would work better to keep the power ups separate.

If we do add the Crash Spin to his Neutral Special, now we have the problem of what his neutral combo, Side-Tilt, Neutral Aerial, Forward Aerial, Back Aerial and Side Special are going to be and that takes some improvisation considering in the trilogy, Crash doesn't do much else on the offensive.

When it comes to third parties, Sakurai tends to make Third Party characters stay true to the games they come from as much as possible like Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu/Ken, Cloud, Bayonetta, Simon/Richter, Joker, The Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo & Kazooie. The only exception is Sonic and that was only because he was developed far later in Brawl than intended. This is the pattern I'm using for Crash Bandicoot. I'm keeping him as faithful to the trilogy as I possibly can with what I can work with and only improvise if there is no way to visualise a faithful recreation for the moveset.

his down areal could JUST be his body slam in its power up form; also making it take up the down special slot when it was always a move that required above ground presence in the games seems wasteful.
Like I said with the death tornado spin, it's better to keep the power ups separate from the normal moves as the power ups are exclusive to Crash 3 (Besides the Rocket Jump which is Crash 2 N tranced for the GBA) which makes them suitable as special moves. Use the Belly flop to reference Crash 2 and the Super Charged Body Slam to reference Crash 3.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Aku Aku seems likely, better than having Uka Uka like last time.
Yeah that one made literally no sense for Spyro lol

Aku Aku seems likely, better than having Uka Uka like last time.
Yeah that one made literally no sense for Spyro lol
One fun thing of note is this old "leak" I saw circulating around Gamefaqs. Odds of it being legit are not high but it has Crash and it has been right so far so whatever

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973
I want this to be true. PLEASE let this happen Nintendo!

Imagine a Crash reveal, starting as if it were a Crash Team Racing trailer. On the starting line however, to his right, Sonic pulls up on his car. Crash looks surprised as Sonic looks back. To Crash's left, Mario pulls up on his kart, and Crash looks way more surprised (almost to the point of going WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA!). The three face forward looking at the starting lights as they change from red, to green. At the mark they start off the race and the shenanigans begin. In the midst of the chaotic race, Mario throws out three Red Shells (one manages to hit Sonic), and the other two are closing in on Crash. Crash looks back, and puts out a grin as he tosses a TNT box to break the shells. The blast was close to his kart and as it catches air, "Crash Bandicoot: Crashes the competition!" transitions into the SSBU reveal.
That would be one of the greatest reveals ever

•Practicing power sliding frequently. The timing is a little different than in the original CTR but a good rule of thumb is to look out for cues. Your exhaust pipes and fire will look different than normal when it's most optimal to press the opposite button
• Know each track. Some of the later tracks such as Oxide's track and N Gin's Labs are fairly tricky to gain speed on due to constant twists and turns. Pay attention to areas where you can consistently gain turbo boosts
• Speed will affect how high you jump. When you're going fast, try not spend and much time on the ground as you can
• How much boost you receive after a jump is dependent on how much air time you got. Make sure you're hopping right before you launch
• You can throw beakers forward and bombs backwards
• You can remotely detonate bombs by pressing Circle after they're thrown, which is useful when you have a juiced up bomb, which has a larger explosion radius
• If you Power Slide through a Turbo Pad, your Power Slide Turbos will match the strength of the pad until you lose your Turbo chain. Use this with Super Turbo pads to accelerate across the track faster
• Do not try Hard Mode unless you can chain turbo boosts nonstop around the track
Keeping those tips in mind

(If you're wondering, I'm in grad school out of state and the game was sent to my house so I can't play on Switch OR PS4 until I get home next Saturday lmao)

I've singlehandedly witnessed people go from K. Rool support, to Banjo support, and now Crash support. We love funny western animals I guess.

Smash speculation is weird, man.
I guess Dixie and Toad are next afterwards

CTR - Switch or PS4? Help me decide.
Pull a plot twist and go for both

That's what I did

There’s no need to worry.

Every character from the Grand Prix seasons will be added forever to the game’s Pit Shop a bit after the month ends, in case you couldn’t get them during that period.
That's good! I was worried a bit because of having it on both Switch and PS4 and I would probably put more time into the PS4 version

Crash is totally getting new games too soon.

I expect a completely new platformer which may feature N.Trance or a new villain to change things a little and maybe Crunch as part of the good guys.
Adding Crunch is good idea...as long as they make him do more than a background character. Let him get involved in the madness and be a playable character as well

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Seeing all the talk about "we don't need no more remakes, new game naow" on Twitter, I honestly have some doubts over whether the training wheels should be removed that soon.

The original NG games have, to this day, been real tough acts to follow. To the point that every following game either bombed in sales, failed to live up to their quality, was heavily scrutinized, or a combination of all three.

Whichever team Activision would pick for this, however talented they are, has the weight of 23 years of legacy on their shoulders. Making a new successful game after CTRNF is not a task that should be taken lightly, which most people don't seem to realise. If they're not extremely careful, history may repeat itself.

Though I do agree that Crash Bash is mostly pointless, Rilla Roo is the only thing that can be salvaged from it, imo.
Vicarious Visions (Subsidary of Activison) are the most likeliest and probably the best team to carry the Crash Bandicoot franchise moving forward, Not only were they able to revive the franchise with their N.Sane Trilogy remaster, But they have the most experience with the IP outside the original Naughty Dog team and carried it for a while at times during the early-mid 2000's after Naughty Dog cut ties with Universal and was bought out by Sony, Their past works included Nitro Kart and their GBA games while not as good as the PS1 games were still pretty solid from what I hear and showed that Vicarious Visions understands the art style and feel of the Crash Bandicoot franchise and showed it again more recently with N.Sane Trilogy by bringing him back into the modern era.

I'm really curious to see what direction they will take moving forward, But Vicarious Visions will have a chance to really flex their creative muscles and show us what their made of on creating "Original Content" and see how much staying power the Crash Bandicoot franchise has without relying on nostalgia.

This state of the franchise is in the best health since the Naughty Dog era and it looks like theirs future plans to keep it that way so let's hope for the best.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Like I said with the death tornado spin, it's better to keep the power ups separate from the normal moves as the power ups are exclusive to Crash 3 (Besides the Rocket Jump which is Crash 2 N tranced for the GBA) which makes them suitable as special moves. Use the Belly flop to reference Crash 2 and the Super Charged Body Slam to reference Crash 3.
But they're literally the same move other than powerfulness, and the power up completely overrides the regular one in Crash 3's gameplay.

I mean, you don't make the double jump his up special, right?

As for the next game, IDK Vicarious Visions seems pretty competent with their Future Tense level thing they did. That was a pretty cool level with fun design, and a new game continuing that in the traditional formula, built with having to use all the powerups in mind from Level 1 to progress the gameplay further, I'd totally be down for! Hopefully therefore making the Sonic Mania equivalent to Crash ("this should have been called the fourth installment, not Sonic 4/Wrath of Cortex").

Besides, the amount of time passed since the last original console Crash game is literally getting close to reaching the teen years. We can be fine with such a new game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In the meantime, I will say that I had immense satisfaction in hearing how proud Beenox are as a Canadian studio getting to work on Crash, and going above and beyond in regards to NF. That poured salt on Radical's grave even further.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
But they're literally the same move other than powerfulness, and the power up completely overrides the regular one in Crash 3's gameplay. I mean, you don't make the double jump his up special, right?.
Yeah but the Super Charged Body Slam doesn't exist in Crash 2 and there really aren't many other options for Crash without improvising which I try to avoid doing if I can for the sake of being faithful. We don't use the Double jump as his Up special because we already have the Rocket Jump from the GBA games.

I can give you a few differences that can help them feel a little more unique. The Belly flop carries over Crash's momentum from his jump and falls down normally, only hitting anyone below him. The SCBS however makes Crash spin around in the air, makes him fast fall to the ground and hits anyone near him via a shockwave.

D

Deleted member

The up special could be the jetpack from Crash 2, tbh.

I would pull Crash’s spin in a similar manner to the Megabuster, with Neutral B being the fruit bazooka or the death tornado spin.

Down special would be a crate thrown which rotates on the pattern of TNT-Nitro-Arrow with a rare chance of getting a Crash crate which recovers some damage. Either that or an Aku Aku shield similar to Joker’s down b.

Side B could be the slide or Crash’s jojo.

My choice for the Final Smash would be one similar to Captain Falcon’s based on Hog Wild or the Polar levels.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I was thinking this for his specials

B - Spin attack

Up B - Jetpack

Down B - TNT/Nitro/Brown Crate - each are thrown randomly with different percentage. Brown crate can sometimes create Wumpa Fruits which can increase health meters

Side B - Slide Attack

Final Smash - Bazooka with a lock-on mode similar to Crit Attack, Meta Knight, etc

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I just lost about 100 lives on Stormy Ascent. Was at the very end and got a Game Over. Wtf just happened?! I can’t ****ing believe it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Obligatory I need friends to play Nitro-Fueled on Switch with post.

My friend code: SW-2215-0173-2152

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea for Spyro characters in Nito Fuelled. Instead of having a mask, they have Sparx.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah but the Super Charged Body Slam doesn't exist in Crash 2 and there really aren't many other options for Crash without improvising which I try to avoid doing if I can for the sake of being faithful. We don't use the Double jump as his Up special because we already have the Rocket Jump from the GBA games.
And giving him a body slam twice, one of which he can use while on the ground, is faithful? I'll give you that they could have differences, but it kinda sounds a bit wasteful to give him the same move twice (*cough*Sonic*Cough*)

And if you're looking for other suggestions for moves that have an origin, Crash could perhaps use some moves from his Skylanders appearance if he was to be in Smash. The Crate throwing (tweaked to include different crates, perhaps), the dive kick from sliding mid-air, the spin punches, etc? I'd also think it'd be really cool if some of the Cortex team positions in Twinsanity were his throws (Whacking Cortex for the down throw, spinning and throwing the opponent away, maybe even rolling with them for the back throw ala Sonic).

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Put me up in that Support list!
I would love to see our whacky bandicoot to join the rest of Gaming's all-stars.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I wonder what his final smash would be. We know it's not going to be him wearing Aku-Aku going around fighting other players, since tranformation-like supers are out in this game. I can see him wearing Aku-Aku during his dash attack, but what his cinematic will be, I'm not entirety sure.
Another thing I'll like to say is hope the stage mean't for Crash is either Cortex Castle or N. Sanity Beach.

D

Deleted member

I would love to see our whacky bandicoot to join the rest of Gaming's all-stars.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I wonder what his final smash would be. We know it's not going to be him wearing Aku-Aku going around fighting other players, since tranformation-like supers are out in this game. I can see him wearing Aku-Aku during his dash attack, but what his cinematic will be, I'm not entirety sure.
Another thing I'll like to say is hope the stage mean't for Crash is either Cortex Castle or N. Sanity Beach.
For the Final Smash I could imagine the team doing Hog Wild or one of the Polar levels similar to C.Falcon's Final Smash.

My personal choice for the stage is the Time Twister from Warped.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
And giving him a body slam twice, one of which he can use while on the ground, is faithful? I'll give you that they could have differences, but it kinda sounds a bit wasteful to give him the same move twice (*cough*Sonic*Cough*)
It is faithful because it's what Crash is capable of doing in the trilogy by himself. I know the belly flop is the same thing as the Super Charged version in function and I know it replaces the Belly flop in Crash Warped but it gives people an option to use the faster but weaker version. Plus you can't use the Super Charged Body Slam in Crash 2 so it still has it's uses.

And if you're looking for other suggestions for moves that have an origin, Crash could perhaps use some moves from his Skylanders appearance if he was to be in Smash. The Crate throwing (tweaked to include different crates, perhaps), the dive kick from sliding mid-air, the spin punches, etc? I'd also think it'd be really cool if some of the Cortex team positions in Twinsanity were his throws (Whacking Cortex for the down throw, spinning and throwing the opponent away, maybe even rolling with them for the back throw ala Sonic).
I'll admit, Skylanders does bring out some potential normal attacks like a spinning Punch for his back air or the spinning kick for his forward air but again the Crash spin is super iconic and it's the move Crash uses so frequently that it out prioritises those moves. The idea is to feel like when you're playing as Crash Bandicoot, you're playing a Crash Bandicoot game with a hint of Smash Bros much like playing a Megaman or Castlevania game with those respective characters. Besides the people wanting Crash Bandicoot remember him most for the trilogy which is why it's a good idea to stay faithful so it becomes familiar to the player who has played the N.Sane trilogy but hasn't played Smash Bros yet.

Crate throwing or Crate placing could have been his Side Special or Down Special but that breaks the whole "All Super powers in Special moves besides the Crash Dash" thing I have going. We could have Crash throwing a crate downwards for his Down Aerial but he has never been shown to do that in the trilogy and it removes the Belly flop which is more frequent than the Super Charged version. Stuff like Crates and Animal buddies are things I think belong on a Crash Bandicoot stage rather than just his moveset so that everyone can interact with them.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Crash’s spin should be done like the Megabuster, honestly.
I agree. That is what I done with my Moveset.

While I'm only a small Crash Bandicoot fan at heart, I have made a moveset for him which doesn't have his Crash spin as a special move.

Tell me what you all think.

Fighter Ability: Aku Aku - Much like Joker's rebellion gauge, Aku Aku will appear when Crash Bandicoot takes enough damage. This will allow Crash to take half the damage and knock-back he would normally take without him. However Aku Aku has his own health bar and will deplete over time and will deplete faster if Crash keeps being attacked. If Aku Aku is defeated while Crash is currently being attacked, Crash will be instantly KO'd and the Aku Aku death sound plays when he his health gauge is completely depleted.

Neutral Combo: Crash does the Iconic Crash spin. Like Megaman, he can move while spinning. It is a single hit move but it does a lot of knock-back.

Dash Attack: Crash hops and lunges forward with his belly out much like King K. Rool and then falls flat on his face to the ground.
Crash performs the slide attack from Crash 2 and 3 which can be jumped cancelled for a much higher jump than his regular jump.

Side Tilt: Crash does the Iconic Crash spin. He can move while doing this like Megaman. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Neutral Aerial, Forward Aerial and Back Aerial.

Down Tilt: Crash performs the slide attack from Crash 2 and 3 which can be jumped cancelled for a much higher jump than his regular jump.

Up Tilt: Crash performs a handstand kick upwards.

Neutral Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Forward Aerial and Back Aerial. If this attack is used while performing the slide jump, Crash will gain some extra air time much like in Crash 2 and 3.

Forward Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Neutral Aerial and Back Aerial. If this attack is used while performing the slide jump, Crash will gain some extra air time much like in Crash 2 and 3.

Back Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Neutral Aerial and Forward Aerial.

Up Aerial: Crash flips upside down and kicks both of his feet upwards like he is stomping and flips right-side up again.

Down Aerial: Crash performs the Belly flop from Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3. Much like the games, Crash's momentum is dependant on what part of the jump he belly flops at. If he performs it while rising, he will perform the belly flop while still carrying the momentum of the jump until he starts falling.
It will cause him to fast fall but can meteor smash opponents if Crash manages to hit the them at the sweet spot which is under his belly.

Forward Smash: Crash repulses back as if he is trying to regurgitate something from his stomach. He then forcefully lets out forward with his mouth open with a gem on his tongue that deals knock-back to anyone in-front of him. The Gem then disappears and plays the gem collect sound. The coloured gems are able to appear but they do no further damage and are purely aesthetic.

Up Smash: Crash faces his ear upward and readies his hand beneath his head as if he ready to shove slap. Crash then hits his head from below and a crystal pops out from out of the ear facing upwards. The Crystal then disappears and plays the gem collect sound.

Down Smash: Crash readies to pull out something from his behind. He then jumps and rides the now pulled out Relic from his behind like a Pogo stick to slam to the ground. The Relic then disappears and plays the gem collect sound. The colour of the Relic depends on how long the Down Smash was held. Sapphire for tap smash, Gold for animation end and Platinum for full power.

Neutral Special: Fruit Bazooka - Crash pulls out the Fruit Bazooka from Crash 3. Hold the button to aim the launcher and let go to launch a Wumpa fruit. If the button is just pressed, Crash will shoot in-front of him.

Side Special: Death Tornado Spin - Crash spins around and performs the Death Tornado Spin which unlike his regular spin, is a multi hit move with great horizontal recovery. It can be button mashed to keep Crash in the air longer.

Up Special: Jet-pack - A jet-pack appears on Crash's back as it helps propel him straight upwards until the jet-pack malfunctions and blows up, leaving Crash in a helpless state. It is an improvised version of the Rocket Jump from Crash 2 N tranced.

Down Special: Super Charged Body Slam - Much like in Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash will spin around and slam himself to the floor with much more force than the belly flop. Unlike the belly flop, the Super Charged Body Slam grants Crash Bandicoot super armour. If it is performed on the ground, Crash will hop before activating the special move.

Final Smash: Nitrus Laser Blaster - A jet-pack appears on Crash's back and flies sideways to hit an opponent. Now the playing field is set in space and the trapped opponents are in line of sight with Nitrus' laser blaster. Crash then "crash" lands onto the button by belly flopping on top of it that shoots down the opponents and instantly KOing any opponent above 100% damage.

Grab and pummel animations: When Crash grabs an opponent, he will punch the opponent with little jabs. If Aku Aku is summoned, he will pummel the opponent too.

Forward throw: Crash jumps and puts both of his feet on the opponent to kick them while flipping backwards.

Back throw: Crash performs the crash spin and throws his opponent behind him.

Up throw: Crash casually throws his opponent up in to the air with both of his arms.

Down throw: Crash, akin to Diddy Kong throws his opponent from underneath them, Causing them to be thrown behind him.

Entrance animation: A warp that leads from the Warp Room in Crash Warped appears as Crash spins around in his double jump/slide jump pose and lands onto the ground. The warp then disappears.

Idle animation 1: Crash becomes bored as he sighs, crosses his arms and taps his foot.

Idle animation 2: Crash looks to his left and right then scratches his head.

Sneaking: Crash performs the Sneak Shoes ability from the Wrath of Cortex.

Walking: Crash walks casually like he does in the N sane trilogy.

Running: Crash performs the Crash Dash ability from Crash Warped.

Crouch/Crawl: Crash crouches and crawls just like he does in his games.

Up Taunt: Crash performs the first part of the remastered Crash Dance. He has his arms out to the sides and waves them while looking from side to side. He then performs the crotch chop one to the left and one to the right.

Side taunt: Crash performs the second part of the remastered Crash Dance. He performs the running man from left to right.

Down Taunt: Crash performs the third part of the remastered Crash Dance. Crash ducks down and skids himself 180 degrees away from the screen, turns his torso and head towards the screen, giving a peekaboo pose.

Victory animation 1: Crash builds up his excitement and then jumps up with excitement while yelling "Yee-hah" where the splash screen will occur. Afterwards Crash falls down and looks at the screen in joy. This victory animation will be the only one to play for Team battles.

Victory animation 2: Crash spins his way to the results screen and just before the splash screen, Crash hits the screen. Afterwards, he will fall over and hit the ground but then decide to sleep.

Victory animation 3: Crash break-dances much like one of his idle animations. He then jumps to feet and poses like he does when he collects a gem in Crash 1 while shouting "dah dah dah daaaaaaah!" at the splash screen.

Losing animation: Crash is seen grumpy by the loss with his snout drooping as he claps slowly.

Kirby Hat: Kirby wears the top of Crash's head and carries himself a mini Fruit bazooka.

Unique feature: When Crash is KO'd via off-screen, his shoes will fly to the opposite of the direction from where he was KO'd.

These next four animations can play when Crash is certain to be KO'd and there are no walls in-between him to tech off from. While these animations are playing, Crash is not interactable and after they are done playing, the Instant KO animation plays. These animations do not play if Crash is hit during the final KO zoom.

- If Crash is hit by an explosive or a high knock-back fire attack like Mario's Forward Smash, Flare Blitz, Din's Fire, Crash Bandicoot will turn into soot and his ashes will fall to the ground.
- If Crash is hit by a high knock-back electric attack such as Dr. Mario's Forward Smash, Thunder, Charge Shot or R.O.B.'s laser attacks, Crash Bandicoot will be comically electrocuted like in the N.Sane Trilogy.
- If Crash is hit by a high knock-back attack that could flatten opponents such as Ridley, King K. Roll or Incineroar's down smash, the Bowser Bomb or the Super Dedede Jump, Crash will be flattened and will look up to see what's happening and then lie down again.
- If Crash is hit by a powerful attack that activates the special zoom feature like the Falcon Punch, Judge 9, Revenge activated attacks, etc. Crash will become an angel and fly upwards.
It gives Crash room for his super powers to be in his Special moves like the Fruit Bazooka for his Neutral Special, Death Tornado Spin for his Side Special, Rocket Jump from N Tranced as his Up Special and his Super Charged Body Slam for his Down Special.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'm willing to bet it'd be done Captain Falcon-styled, in which you ram into the opponent with a CTR Kart to start the FS, and the opponent's flung right into the middle of a race, and you proceed to be pummeled/blasted by Crash & co (with the racers being randomized like the PTs in Joker's All-Out Attack).

Edit: Oy, Nitro Tour Grand Prix details coming right up, slow down Beenox, the patch isn't out yet! :b:

Edit 2: Cortex Strikes Back:

And the latest CTR TV report dropped! Though it simply reiterates the forthcoming content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Ns0sOGv4o

Meanwhile, this blog article mentions that time travel-themed items will be in the Back N. Time Grand Prix: https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...g-Nitro-Fueled-Grand-Prix-is-Coming-This-Week

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat Adventure mode for Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (between this and beating Final Fantasy 7, it was a productive day!), so now I just need to unlock Fake Crash, N. Tropy, and the characters from the Pit Stop (though I have absolutely no idea who a majority of them are, so I'm only going to get Crunch, since he's the only one that I know about).

I'm not entirely sure if I'll even be able to unlock those last two characters, though. To get the Purple Gem, and by extension Fake Crash, I need to complete all of the Crystal Challenges from the looks of things, and even on Easy mode, those seem next to impossible - the game simply doesn't seem to give you enough time to collect them all.

As for N. Tropy, I haven't tried time trials very often, but the one time that I managed to get a relic, I found out that the time that I needed to beat to get N. Tropy (on that track, let alone the fifteen others that I'd need to do that on) was about ten seconds shorter than my absolute best. I have no idea how it would even be POSSIBLE for me to shave off that much time, let alone to do something similar for Pinstripe's stage or N. Gin's stage. (both of which were colossal pains to race on)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I was thinking this for his specials

B - Spin attack

Up B - Jetpack

Down B - TNT/Nitro/Brown Crate - each are thrown randomly with different percentage. Brown crate can sometimes create Wumpa Fruits which can increase health meters

Side B - Slide Attack

Final Smash - Bazooka with a lock-on mode similar to Crit Attack, Meta Knight, etc
My idea was extremely similar except his Side B would be the Wumpa Bazooka (hold B to aim), and his Final Smash would be the Crash 1 level ending where crates fall on top of the opponent ending with a Nitro Crate.
Some YouTuber came up with that last part, but I cannot remember them off the top of my head.
Also, Crash's dash attack would be the slide in my ideal moveset where you could press A again to jump like Simon's Down tilt.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I just beat Adventure mode for Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (between this and beating Final Fantasy 7, it was a productive day!), so now I just need to unlock Fake Crash, N. Tropy, and the characters from the Pit Stop (though I have absolutely no idea who a majority of them are, so I'm only going to get Crunch, since he's the only one that I know about).

I'm not entirely sure if I'll even be able to unlock those last two characters, though. To get the Purple Gem, and by extension Fake Crash, I need to complete all of the Crystal Challenges from the looks of things, and even on Easy mode, those seem next to impossible - the game simply doesn't seem to give you enough time to collect them all.

As for N. Tropy, I haven't tried time trials very often, but the one time that I managed to get a relic, I found out that the time that I needed to beat to get N. Tropy (on that track, let alone the fifteen others that I'd need to do that on) was about ten seconds shorter than my absolute best. I have no idea how it would even be POSSIBLE for me to shave off that much time, let alone to do something similar for Pinstripe's stage or N. Gin's stage. (both of which were colossal pains to race on)
Found this on Reddit. (some foul language) Helped me master Sacred Fire and shave off a lot of time. Almost done with the N Tropy trials.

As for Crystals, watch YouTube video guides. They map out decent routes.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i am excited to unlock tawna then go back to adventure mode and start unlocking everything else. I also have about 2900 coins saved for the girls. I know someone was mentioning what tracks are best to farm coins, but what were they again? And this is just single race right?.

I am worried i wont unlock some charavters, as some of those ghost challenges are insane...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So i am excited to unlock tawna then go back to adventure mode and start unlocking everything else. I also have about 2900 coins saved for the girls. I know someone was mentioning what tracks are best to farm coins, but what were they again? And this is just single race right?.

I am worried i wont unlock some charavters, as some of those ghost challenges are insane...
Best way to farm is play online as there is a coin multiplier. Best tracks are Tiny Arena as one of em.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I love how now people are mastering new shortcuts and finding new weird shortcuts. The shortcut on electron avenue that lets you skip a whole lap is epic and I hope does not get patched out.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I love how now people are mastering new shortcuts and finding new weird shortcuts. The shortcut on electron avenue that lets you skip a whole lap is epic and I hope does not get patched out.
Say wha???

I think it'll be interesting to play a non-CTR Original 8 character in adventure mode. Crunch, Twana, Velo, hell even ****ing Oxide lol

zferolie

Smash Hero
Best way to farm is play online as there is a coin multiplier. Best tracks are Tiny Arena as one of em.
How about someone who is complete trash at the game haha? I feel like ill just get my butt kicked.

Plus, i plan to play while out on my job sometimes during lunch breaks, and while i can hook the swotch up to online to get the coims, i dont want to eat my data racing people online.

Well, only one day left until our ladies arrive.

Liz ballerina: https://twitter.com/Magaska19/status/1145375879058452481

love triangle from ye olden days (possible bad word warning): https://twitter.com/nitroneato/status/1145689764911337473

On the topic of adventure mode, I honestly wonder if they'll add anything for the DLC characters in the epilogue. Ami currently doesn't have a goal in life, now that she races for trophies to start with.

View attachment 229852
That tawna picture is great. I hope they one day fully answer that question on who she is with now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That tawna picture is great. I hope they one day fully answer that question on who she is with now.
In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the same artist to complete their remake of the Trophy Girls illustration.

Speaking of theories, I had thought of something earlier today...

So, theoretically, there might be exclusive guests for each console. With how the Grand Prix are structured so far, what if those guests each came with an exclusive bonus track and other bonus content? It would be wild to race in the Mushroom Kingdom with the plumber boy, for example. :ultmario:

Say wha???

I think it'll be interesting to play a non-CTR Original 8 character in adventure mode. Crunch, Twana, Velo, hell even ****ing Oxide lol
Nitro-Fueled Adventure lets you do just that, actually. No, the boss duplicates don't affect cutscenes, but it's still funny.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

So, theoretically, there might be exclusive guests for each console. With how the Grand Prix are structured so far, what if those guests each came with an exclusive bonus track and other bonus content? It would be wild to race in the Mushroom Kingdom with the plumber boy, for example. :ultmario:
Imagine the trailer for that... it starts in a similar way to that Crash trailer, with Crash suit guy taunting Mario with a megaphone. Then a guy in a Mario suit actually comes out of the Nintendo building in a kart, and they race each other down the road...

Is there a word that combines the meaning of "epic" and "hilarious" into one?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the same artist to complete their remake of the Trophy Girls illustration.

Nitro-Fueled Adventure lets you do just that, actually. No, the boss duplicates don't affect cutscenes, but it's still funny.
IDK if Mario is open to being in other kart games than his own...

SonicMario

Smash Master
So pardon me if I haven't been able to grasp what it all means yet on this coming grand prix. But is gaining nitro points require doing online races or will it be possible to get nitro points on offline races as well? I mainly just want enough to get Tawna and that's generally it. I don't really care for all the skins, extra karts, and stickers since that's all cosmetic.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So pardon me if I haven't been able to grasp what it all means yet on this coming grand prix. But is gaining nitro points require doing online races or will it be possible to get nitro points on offline races as well? I mainly just want enough to get Tawna and that's generally it. I don't really care for all the skins, extra karts, and stickers since that's all cosmetic.
I was also wondering this as well

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So far, no specific details about that, so it's only a matter of hours before we find out.

Well, yeah, though the only other racing game I can think of with Mario in it was that Famicom Grand Prix whatever that predated Mario Kart.
People just haven't tried it before. This would be the chance of scoring a really huge slam dunk, especially since the Switch version of things sell the most, at the moment.

Heck, Mario's been in a Rabidds game, nothing's stranger than that.

Top Bottom