• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, the OP really doesn't like me trying to edit it for some reason, haha.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've only just discovered this thread, and I'm gonna contribute, dammit!

The original Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 is the first video game I ever played, and it would mean the actual world to me to see him in Smash Bros. Ultimate. I'm such a Crash dork that I've worked on not only a moveset for Crash, but a way to incorporate the Crash series into the game on almost every level. Check it out:

Moveset

Neutral Special: Tornado Spin. Mashing the special attack button allows Crash to perform his trademark spin attack. Pressing the button once is a regular spin, but pressing it repeatedly activates his Death Tornado Spin, which lasts longer and, when used in the air, can be used to slow Crash's descent. Mashing the button too much, however, can make Crash dizzy and easily susceptible to attacks.

Side Special: Slide. Crash quickly slides forward, just like he does in the games. At the end of the slide, if Crash jumps, he is given more height than his regular ground jump, and can jump once more in the air for even more height/distance.

Up Special: Jetpack. Crash pulls out his jetpack from Crash 2 and flies it until it runs out of juice. He can travel in any direction, and pressing the attack button in this state allows Crash to spin attack once.

Down Special: Fruit Bazooka. Crash pulls out his Fruit Bazooka and aims it in front of him initially, but can manoeuvre the reticule all around the stage using the joystick. Pressing the special attack button again fires a Wumpa Fruit which deals high damage and knockback, but also triggers a small explosion of Wumpa juice that also deals damage.

Final Smash: Boulder Dash. A cutscene-style Final Smash. Crash initally spin attacks his opponents, sending them to a Boulder level from the first Crash Bandicoot game. While Crash outruns the boulder, anyone caught in the initial attack of the Final Smash is unable to, and take extremely high damage and knockback.

Victory Poses

1- Crash does his victory dance.
2- Crash exits a spin attack and stands upright.
3- Crash is playing with his yo-yo, but gets all tangled up in it.

Echo Fighter
Coco- Coco has all the same attacks as Crash but is a little faster and lighter.

Victory Poses

1- Coco does her victory dance.
2- Coco is typing on her laptop, then closes it, stands up and waves at the camera.
3- Coco does her idle animation from N. Sane Trilogy where she takes a selfie.

Victory Theme
A section from the original Crash Bandicoot theme, or the N. Sanity Beach Exterior theme.

Stage
Time Twister:
The stage begins on one of the warp areas from Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Every so often, some buttons appear, and when a fighter jumps on one, a time portal appears, and the stage begins to transform into an area from the Crash series. After about 30 seconds on that area, another time portal appears, and the fighters return to the Time Twister Machine. Areas the fighters can warp to include:
N. Sanity Island- The first level from Crash 1. A flat beach, with crates that act as breakable platforms, and rarely turtles will appear that act as trampolines
The Eel Deal- Based on the level of the same name from Crash 2. A series of platforms floating in sewer water. Intermittently, the water becomes electrified, and causes damage to any fighter who touches it.
Future Frenzy- A future level from Crash 3. There are enemies that shoot lasers downwards that appear, as well as the fact that the terrain is made up of a series of conveyor belts leading to bottomless pits.
Oxide Station- The final track from Crash Team Racing. There are speedboost pads that send the fighters forward with tremendous acceleration, and making contact with a fighter in this state deals damage and knockback. Also, The racers from that game can appear in the background, and if they make contact with anyone as they drive into the foreground, they will deal damage and knockback.
Cortex's Blimp- The final boss fight from Crash 1. Dr. Neo Cortex is in the background, firing his laser gun at the fighters. The purple shots are trained on a specific fighter, blue shots travel across the stage and green shots can be attacked back at Cortex. If he takes enough hits, he can be defeated, and will fall off his hoverboard.

Assist Trophy
Aku Aku- If a fighter summons Aku Aku, he appears on that fighter's face, granting them temporary immunity and enhanced speed. Making contact with the fighter in this state results in high damage and knockback.

Items
TNT Crates- Jumping on a TNT crate makes it count down to from 3 before exploding. Attacking it causes it to explode immediately.
Nitro Crates- Explode on contact. If a fighter has a projectile attack, they can shoot the crate to trigger it from a distance, potentially causing damage to other fighters. Otherwise, it will disappear if left unattended for long enough.

Music
Crash Bandicoot Theme (New Remix)- A remix of the main themes from the first 3 Crash games.
Dr. Neo Cortex Theme (New Remix)- A remix of the 3 Dr. Neo Cortex boss fight music from the first 3 games.
Dingodile (New Remix)- A remix of Dingodile's theme from Crash 3
Rock It (New Remix)- A remix of the Rock It theme from Crash 2
Crash Bandicoot Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
Crash Bandicoot Theme (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped Theme (Crash Bandicoot: Warped)
Papu Papu (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Nitrus Brio (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. Neo Cortex 2 (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Dr. Neo Cortex 2 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Tiny Tiger (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy) (2nd game)
Warp Room Theme (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Bear It (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Rock It (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Rock It (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dingodile (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. Neo Cortex 3 (Crash Bandicoot 3)
Dr. Neo Cortex 3 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. N. Gin 3 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Boss Theme (Crash Team Racing)
Wizards & Lizards (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
Crunch Time (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
Main Theme (Crash Nitro Kart)
Slip-Slide Icecapades (Crash Twinsanity)
Main Theme (Crash Twinsanity)
Some of the songs you have mentioned, are near identical or completely identical to each other. Not to mention Sony still owns the rights to some of the PSX versions of the audio tracks. Also, We all want Crash Bandicoot 2: Main Theme, Orient Express from Warped, and The Factory/Lab level theme from Wrath of Cortex. (the only good original song in the game) and the bonus level theme medley from Warped. And Crash Bash Music including the main theme.

Ah, true as well. They still didn't make the game regardless.
where in the world did you get that sakurai quote... I suspect foul play is responsible for the hospital trip and not hype

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Put me on the list of supporters.

I doubt he'll make an appearance in the base game, but I'd love for him to be in the game.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the list of supporters.

I doubt he'll make an appearance in the base game, but I'd love for him to be in the game.
DLC sounds good, if he's DLC we could also get Spyro in the game, (granted Spyro would probably be a Nintendo Account reward in japan in order to promote Spyro)
Gotta save some surprises for the next Smash game, also after K. Rool, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Daisy, I believe we got all the most wanted 1st party character reps, except for Waluigi. Yarn Yoshi, Bandana Dee (Wadledee should have Parasol attacks, spear, and elemental combo attacks in addition to fighting moves.

And underdogs Tetra, Krystal (Assist Trophy is cool) Myu and Faye, and of course Clone Falcon, Crash & Coco, Spyro, Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, and after that the list becomes absurd with Goku and Santa Claus ect.

Although, do you think that jetpack Santa from Xmas Jetpack should be an assist trophy that only appears in the month of December? (possibly in online matches)

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
put me on the list of supporters, but I'm going to make a Coco Bandicoot support thread too

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
OOOh I've been longing to contribute to this thread :grin: I have been voting for Crash (and Bayo srry :rotfl:) since the smash ballot then Ulrimate came and....
I was bored the heckle out of me when I made a "My Crash in Smash Moveset Prediction"

Took me like 3 days to complete this so here's the link to the file (cuz the format might be ruined LOL):bluejump:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-1YHG_BGReuJ726p1DX4dSwHRo-OWOzgBeoEOJvTzA/edit?usp=sharing

Basically I made a moveset by scouring all Crash references I can take, even from the most unpopular games (Mind over Mutant for example) almost each move has a (low quality srry:( bad internet) picture to show what I mean

It also has my Coco echo fighter speculation and Assist Trophies, etc

Some moves are actually made up so I have to sketch 'em (srry if the drawings look bad LOL :estatic:)

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
OOOh I've been longing to contribute to this thread :grin: I have been voting for Crash (and Bayo srry :rotfl:) since the smash ballot then Ulrimate came and....
I was bored the heckle out of me when I made a "My Crash in Smash Moveset Prediction"

Took me like 3 days to complete this so here's the link to the file (cuz the format might be ruined LOL):bluejump:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-1YHG_BGReuJ726p1DX4dSwHRo-OWOzgBeoEOJvTzA/edit?usp=sharing

Basically I made a moveset by scouring all Crash references I can take, even from the most unpopular games (Mind over Mutant for example) almost each move has a (low quality srry:( bad internet) picture to show what I mean

Some moves are actually made up so I have to sketch 'em (srry if the drawings look bad LOL :estatic:)
That's really well thought out, man!

Might as well put me down as a supporter btw; even though I think his chances are mostly DLC based :3

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
3 of Crash's Alt. Outfits could be Carbon Crash (white fur), Evil Crash (red violet fur, yellow eyes, spiked wrist collars instead of fingerless gloves. and Fake Crash. As well as his Motorcycle jacket, and maybe some outfits from Crash CTTR.

Coco's alt. Outfits could have Evil Coco, who has white hair, or black hair or even white hair with black streaks, black overalls, mad scientist goggles, a red nightshade flower in her hair and her overalls have both straps on, and a red violet shirt and red violet mad scientist boots.

I'm hoping DLC characters all take the same character slot, and switch to a second menu where you choose from 8 DLC characters and then choose your outfit.
I'm thinking 8 DLC characters plus 4 unlockable DLC characters, hehh. And a DLC stage slot on the opposite corner of the random character slot. DLC characters would come with stages, but some DLC stages could be playable for free with the Switch paid service.

That's really well thought out, man!

Might as well put me down as a supporter btw; even though I think his chances are mostly DLC based :3
Coco should be an echo of Crash, both of their crouching attacks should be Coco's Sweep kick from Wrath of Cortex. their dash attack or side smash attack should be slide. other than that, it's pretty doable, Their combo attack should be a spin, kick, then a punch from Crash's deleted attack from Twinsanity

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

That is wicked man!

I think Crash's chances are skyrocketing to DLC and I'd take that over no appearance

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Crash would be great and also open the door for Spyro, I just feel Bomberman should come before him since Bomberman wasn’t the mascot made to dethrone Nintendo. I still think he should definitely be in. Have my support.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Topic: With SEGA publishing the Switch version of N. Sane Trilogy in Japan, do you think this will increase the likelihood of Crash being in Smash as DLC, if he does not appear in the base game.

Some believe that Nintendo holding the rights to Bayonetta helped her get chosen in Smash 4. And some believe Nintendo publishing Shovel Knight helped him appear as an Assist Trophy in Ultimate.

I know the situation is sort of different with SEGA, but with SEGA's relationship with Nintendo after acquiring the rights to Bayonetta, maybe it will make things easier for Sakurai to make Crash playable.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Topic: With SEGA publishing the Switch version of N. Sane Trilogy in Japan, do you think this will increase the likelihood of Crash being in Smash as DLC, if he does not appear in the base game.

Some believe that Nintendo holding the rights to Bayonetta helped her get chosen in Smash 4. And some believe Nintendo publishing Shovel Knight helped him appear as an Assist Trophy in Ultimate.

I know the situation is sort of different with SEGA, but with SEGA's relationship with Nintendo after acquiring the rights to Bayonetta, maybe it will make things easier for Sakurai to make Crash playable.
It certainly doesn't hurt his chances. Although, Crash was already insanely popular in Japan even before N. Sane. It's one of the best-selling Western games in Japan, so I don't think all of his support is purely coming from the West. He would certainly be getting more support since the announcement/release of N. Sane, just like he did over here.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
crash bandicoot my first video game before mario, i really love crash bandicoot and i played 4 games, i hope he will be in smash DLC he is popular in japan that could give him some chance to be in smash, add me in a supporter list please.

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
You can add me to the list of supporters. I would think it would be awesome to get Crash in Smash!

I am stealing Amateratsu from your signature :p Gotta have her!

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice

Sega is publishing N. Sane Trilogy in Japan!!! I hope Sega decides to publish a 2DS version of Cortex Strikes Back! (giving royalties to the required people/companies)

Also, I want Nintendo to publish Reignited Trilogy in Japan for Nintendo Switch, if anyone can reignite a PS4 craze in Japan for Spyro, it's Nintendo.

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
There's currently a poll with Crash in the top 20. Please help our boy out.
http://allourideas.org/FinalSmashUlimate

Crash would be great and also open the door for Spyro, I just feel Bomberman should come before him since Bomberman wasn’t the mascot made to dethrone Nintendo. I still think he should definitely be in. Have my support.
We will never know why Bomberman got axed. Chances for a perfect roster: gone

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
We're gonna need to stop letting this thread go to the second page :p

This is absolutely amazing! I love it!

Few things I would change, would put Fruit Bazooka to down B and change Side B to Polar Push, where Crash summons Polar and will ride on him to bash into enemies. In turn the Coco echo can have Pura exchanged for Polar. I'd also change the Up B to Aku Aku circling around the Bandicoots, kinda like how hit item was in CTR. Just because Coco never used the jetpack.

Also, an idea for the Final Smash. I call it: Mask Mayhem!

Essentially, its the final sequence from Crash 3 where Aku Aku and Uka Uka are battling it out. It'll be similar to Rosalina's or Bowser Jr.'s FS in a sense. Cortex will appear on the other side of the screen too with his ray gun. The masks conjure a blue and red energy beam and struggle against each other for like a second, then bash into each other, spin around the middle of the map, Cortex accidentally falls in right before they do a final explosive bash. During all this Cortex will be blasting his gun and throwing mines to get the enemies in the beam. For Coco, Cortex is swapped to Nina.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So we should probs come up with a supporter name, any ideas?

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Crash would be awesome in Smash and I would love to see him get in. I just want to throw my support

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
We're gonna need to stop letting this thread go to the second page :p

This is absolutely amazing! I love it!

Few things I would change, would put Fruit Bazooka to down B and change Side B to Polar Push, where Crash summons Polar and will ride on him to bash into enemies. In turn the Coco echo can have Pura exchanged for Polar. I'd also change the Up B to Aku Aku circling around the Bandicoots, kinda like how hit item was in CTR. Just because Coco never used the jetpack.

Also, an idea for the Final Smash. I call it: Mask Mayhem!

Essentially, its the final sequence from Crash 3 where Aku Aku and Uka Uka are battling it out. It'll be similar to Rosalina's or Bowser Jr.'s FS in a sense. Cortex will appear on the other side of the screen too with his ray gun. The masks conjure a blue and red energy beam and struggle against each other for like a second, then bash into each other, spin around the middle of the map, Cortex accidentally falls in right before they do a final explosive bash. During all this Cortex will be blasting his gun and throwing mines to get the enemies in the beam. For Coco, Cortex is swapped to Nina.

I was actually debating whether putting Polar or the crates TBH :laugh:
It would be nice if we have their animals represented in some way but I somehow chose the latter because crates are integral to the Crash series and IMO fits his "camp and hit" playstyle. It could work as his dash attack tho and change the slide into down tilt :grin:

And your final smash idea was in my mind too! The final clash of the mask in the Trilogy Finale seems iconic to me LMAO good idea :joyful:
and the fact that transformation FS are removed from the game (so Invincible AkuAku is now out of question)
At the start of his final smash, we could have AkuAku open a warp to SUCC enemies inside :bluejump: the problem is N.Cortex might be omitted from being an assist trophy LOL

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had the perfect idea for a reveal trailer and involves getting as 90's game advertising as you can get.

Starts in live action with Crash (Mascot suit) outside of Nintendo America headquarters with a Megaphone goading plumber boy into a throwdown. Then Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Pikachu (all looking like they did in that famous Smash 64 trailer) come out and stare him down. Crash looks at the screen and says something to the effect of "about time" he spins and it transitions to his 3D model

CRASH SPINS TO WIN!

Then after the gameplay show off and the Ultimate logo... we cut to all five in jail cells and we see a woman dressed like Princess Peach and woman dressed like Coco posting bail.

Note: The Japanese trailer would have different live action segments using their version of Mascot Crash.

Last edited:

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
I had the perfect idea for a reveal trailer and involves getting as 90's game advertising as you can get.

Starts in live action with Crash (Mascot suit) outside of Nintendo America headquarters with a Megaphone goading plumber boy into a throwdown. Then Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Pikachu (all looking like they did in that famous Smash 64 trailer) come out and stare him down. Crash looks at the screen and says something to the effect of "about time" he spins and it transitions to his 3D model

CRASH SPINS TO WIN!

Then after the gameplay show off and the Ultimate logo... we cut to all five in jail cells and we see a woman dressed like Princess Peach and woman dressed like Coco posting bail.

Note: The Japanese trailer would have different live action segments using their version of Mascot Crash.
I never knew I wanted this until right now. You, sir, truly are the king of kings.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I thought I posted in this thread to show I support Crash but I guess I didn't? Weird. Anyway, all I ask for is that instead of clapping when he loses, Crash plays the didgeridoo while dead.

Wyvern 0m3g4

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wyvern_Omega
3DS FC
3952-7962-4278
Switch FC
SW-4111-0849-8220
I'd like to request being a supporter of Crash for Smash please. To be frank, if I saw him get included in Ultimate, I'd most likely be as thrilled as the I'm sure the Sonic fans were when Sonic made it into Brawl back in the day. I swear, if I wasn't playing on a Nintendo system or playing my Spyro games, I'd be focusing intensely on Crash Bandicoot (even if, regrettably, I never owned the original game back in the day. My first Crash game was Cortex Strikes Back. :ohwell:)

Anyway, I wanna be here with you all and keep hoping and praying that my favorite marsupial makes it in somehow. Like most other people, I'm hoping that the N. Sane Trilogy has done something to help Crash's chances. If not, well... I'm still trying to figure out why that Super Smash Bros. Crusade fan game won't work on my computer. I need my Crash in Smash fix, regardless of how I get it.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'd like to request being a supporter of Crash for Smash please. To be frank, if I saw him get included in Ultimate, I'd most likely be as thrilled as the I'm sure the Sonic fans were when Sonic made it into Brawl back in the day. I swear, if I wasn't playing on a Nintendo system or playing my Spyro games, I'd be focusing intensely on Crash Bandicoot (even if, regrettably, I never owned the original game back in the day. My first Crash game was Cortex Strikes Back. :ohwell:)

Anyway, I wanna be here with you all and keep hoping and praying that my favorite marsupial makes it in somehow. Like most other people, I'm hoping that the N. Sane Trilogy has done something to help Crash's chances. If not, well... I'm still trying to figure out why that Super Smash Bros. Crusade fan game won't work on my computer. I need my Crash in Smash fix, regardless of how I get it.
He's also playable in Smash Bros Infinite!

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Everyone who's pollin on the vs. type poll... Make sure Banjo-Kazooie is your main for everything except when Crash is there, and always downvote Dixie Kong if it's a tie. We only need Crash to surpass one similar 1st party Nintendo Owned character in the viewable top 20.
Check to see who's in the lead as well. Adjust your non-crash favorites accordingly

Last edited:

Wyvern 0m3g4

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wyvern_Omega
3DS FC
3952-7962-4278
Switch FC
SW-4111-0849-8220
He's also playable in Smash Bros Infinite!
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Hold on there. ...What is Smash Bros. Infinite, and how can I play it? ...For that matter, I'm pretty curious to see what the roster's like, seeing as you mentioned Crash is there. I'll give that a look on Google ASAP. :grin:

Oh yeah, and thanks for the info! You rock. :)

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Hold on there. ...What is Smash Bros. Infinite, and how can I play it? ...For that matter, I'm pretty curious to see what the roster's like, seeing as you mentioned Crash is there. I'll give that a look on Google ASAP. :grin:

Oh yeah, and thanks for the info! You rock. :)
Honestly, I'd rather see someone get slightly more creative and modify the character models from Tekken Wii U to be Nintendo characters, and then mod their attacks to mimic Smash Bros Attacks, and then make 3D smash bros.

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
I never really cared for Crash much growing up since I was a devoted Nintendo kid (it felt like betrayal to me to play anything Crash related). That changed when I recently decided to try playing the original trilogy for the first time recently, and I can honestly say that they have become some of my new favorite games of all time. I can definitely see why people want Crash in Smash and would love to see him in the game myself. Crash is oozing wish personality and is a gaming icon who would be perfect for a game like Smash. You all have my support!

Wyvern 0m3g4

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wyvern_Omega
3DS FC
3952-7962-4278
Switch FC
SW-4111-0849-8220
Honestly, I'd rather see someone get slightly more creative and modify the character models from Tekken Wii U to be Nintendo characters, and then mod their attacks to mimic Smash Bros Attacks, and then make 3D smash bros.
Now that I have checked out Super Smash Bros. Infinite, I can safely say my enthusiasm's been curbed quite a bit. Just a personal preference of mine, but I'm not all too thrilled with modding existing fighters so that they imitate others. Feels a bit hollow and cheap to me. So instead, I'll continue working on trying to get Crusade up and running, or waiting and hoping for any news that Crash made it into Ultimate.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

CRASH SPINS TO WIN!

Or as a post script scene, Crash offers a truce declaring that he and Mario should work together against the same enemy...

And then it pans over to a guy in a Sonic costume.

Top Bottom