• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Any Tiny Tiger fans here?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They did some serious justice, fearsome as ever. Even the lions look well done.
What would have been better is seeing a whole clip of the boss fight. But oh well, I'll probably experience that when I play it this month.

Definitely agree that everything about the coliseum is near perfect. Would have been nice to get a shot of Tiny breaking the columns.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of which, is anyone hoping for more Crash news at Sony's show tonight?

I hope to see Dingodile in action.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A Crash Team Racing remake announcement would be awesome though I doubt it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since N-Sane Trilogy is most likely going to remain a PS4 exclusive, that pretty much hurts Crash's hopes of being a possible Smash Bros. contender some day.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since N-Sane Trilogy is most likely going to remain a PS4 exclusive, that pretty much hurts Crash's hopes of being a possible Smash Bros. contender some day.
Like how Street Fighter V being exclusive hurt Ryu's chances? :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On another subject, has anyone noticed that N. Tropy sounds much more intimidating in the remake than in the original?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Coco's playable in Crash 1&2?! Take mah moneh, Sony!
Coco can't be used in every level though. Since only Crash rides on Polar, I doubt that you can use Coco in the level, Un-Bearable, since there is a Polar segment near the end of the level.

Similarly, most bosses have to be fought as Crash, since it has been confirmed that you're not allowed to use Coco to fight Dingodile.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
N Sane trilogy is out now.
It's like Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy and Dark Souls all in one

Seriously though it's pretty damn good but **** the High Road and Slippery Climb in Crash 1

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
N Sane trilogy is out now.
It's like Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy and Dark Souls all in one

Seriously though it's pretty damn good but **** the High Road and Slippery Climb in Crash 1

Everything is like Dark Souls if you suck at it enough!

:bee:

But yeah, High Road has been getting tons of complaints from what I've seen.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I plan on getting the game soon. I missed Crash alot.

Because I want to bring out the butter and make toast. Just love his HD look in the game, though he seems camera-shy in some cutscenes.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Since I preordered at GameStop, I got the Aku Aku keychain, and I love it. It just looks so nice and makes me feel like I can take an extra hit lol.

In serious news, I am in love with the remaster. Everything so far is just right. Well, some of the songs are a little off but they are not even that bad. It's just amazing.

D

Deleted member

I bought the N.Sane Trilogy digitally.
I played and beat the first game in the trilogy and it was pretty good! I am honestly surprised by how good the remake is, as a part of me thought it was going to be a cash grab.
I might go for 100% and get all of the gems some day, which thank god is easy to do in the remake. Not looking forward to Slippery Climb, though.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Been super busy, only just got to Heavy Machinery. Awesome time so far though like oh my god these games are the ****, it makes me so hype thinking of if they do a spyro remaster or a new crash team racing.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Does anyone have a (hypothetical) render for a Crash Bandicoot symbol? I was hoping to create a character UI for him as part of my Smashified project, but for some reason I can't find one.

Oh yeah, and consider me a supporter of the marsupial if you will. :)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Does anyone have a (hypothetical) render for a Crash Bandicoot symbol? I was hoping to create a character UI for him as part of my Smashified project, but for some reason I can't find one.

Oh yeah, and consider me a supporter of the marsupial if you will. :)
Maybe his life icon from the Naughty Dog era can be his symbol? I don't have one, but that could be easily turned into a silhouette..

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Currently going for all gold/platinum relics in Crash 1, just started playing Stormy Ascent with the DLC. Hoo boy, its hard. Way harder than High Road and Slippery Climb. A new champion has risen.

Since I am bored, I figured I would list off my top ten hardest levels in the N Sane Trilogy.

10. Sunset Vista
9. Totally Bear
8. Area 51? (lol Crash Warped is ez, like this and Tomb Wader are the only hard levels)
7. Diggin' It
6. Road to Nowhere
5. Piston It Away
4. Cold Hard Crash
3. Slippery Climb
2. High Road
1. Stormy Ascent

Honorable Mentions: Fumbling in the Dark, The Lab, Cortex Power, Native Fortress, Tomb Wader, Bee Havin, Spaced Out

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Maybe his life icon from the Naughty Dog era can be his symbol? I don't have one, but that could be easily turned into a silhouette..
Thanks for the suggestion, but I went and created a vector symbol of Aku Aku from scratch. Since Smashified had already used him for the Crash symbol, I felt the need to stay faithful to their artistic vision, even if they are just a bunch of talented Smash fans :p.

So here's my character UI of Crash! Hope you like it.

Crash-character-ui.png

I'll do an 8-player version of him later.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thanks for the suggestion, but I went and created a vector symbol of Aku Aku from scratch. Since Smashified had already used him for the Crash symbol, I felt the need to stay faithful to their artistic vision, even if they are just a bunch of talented Smash fans :p.

So here's my character UI of Crash! Hope you like it.

View attachment 131853

I'll do an 8-player version of him later.
This is amazing! I think it's clever to use Aku Aku as a series icon and as I've seen with your Dixie and K. Rool icons you clearly have a lot of talent! Well done.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I 150% support Crash for Smash. Can you add me to the list of supporters?

Crash is one of the few big names out there that deserves to be in Smash. Having him in the same game with Mario and Sonic will revive the classic rivalry between Sega, Sony, and Nintendo from the 90's all over again

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
C'mon guys let's revive this thread. I'll give my input about a Crash moveset as well:

I like some of the things TCT Phantom said so i'll just copy paste his structure and change what I'd like to be different.

Stats
Weight: A little heavier than Sonic/Mario, in the mid-weight range
Walk Speed: 6/10 (About Duck Hunt's walk speed)
Run Speed: 7/10 (A bit faster then DK)
Air Speed: 8/10 (Around Mario's)
Jump Height: 7/10 (Around Sonic's)
Fall Speed: 7/10 (Around Corrin's)
Size: A similar size to Mario and Sonic, maybe a little bit taller
Crawl: Yes
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No

Jabs
Jab 1 - A quick slap with his right hand
Jab 2 - Another slap with his left hand
Jab 3 - Crash headbutts the victim

Tilts
F Tilt - Crash does a swing with his yo yo. This attack is quick and long-ranged but doesn't have an impressive knockback.
Up Tilt - Crash uses his elbow to do a quick hit upwards him. This move is great for starting combos with crash's aerials.
Down Tilt - Crash swings his body to use both his feet to do a quick kick. The move has a very good horizontal knockback.

Dash Attack
Crash uses his slide kick. It has a hitbox with strong knockback and good damage at the start and a weak hitbox with low knockback and damage at the end that can start combos. It can also be cancelled at any moment with a jump or you can use his Neutral Special in a similar way to Crash 2 & 3 just after using the move.

Smash Attacks
U Smash - Crash grabs an wumpa fruit and squashs it in a movement similar to DK's Upsmash. It also creates a weak hitbox around crash because of the wumpa fruit's explosion.
F Smash - Crash grabs his jetboard from Crash 2 and does a strong slap with it.
D Smash - Crash break dances (similar to Sonic's down taunt and sheik's down smash, but with more range to the movement)

Aerials
N air - Crash uses his jetboard from Crash 2 to do a quick swing with it (similar to Crash's Nair in Crusade)
F air - Crash chops in front of him, similar to Luigi's fair
B air - Crash uses his yo-yo to do a long-ranged bair with strong horizontal knockback but a little start up lag to make up for it. It has an animation similar to Shulk's bair.
U Air - Crash plays his didgeridoo, swinging it around quickly (think Ike's up air)
D Air - Crash does a ton of kicks similar to Lucas' or Pacman's Dair.

Grabs and Throws
Grab - Crash grabs the opponent with his right hand
Pummel - Crash punches the opponent's head (similar to Crusade's pummel)
F throw - Crash swings the opponent (similar to his death animation to mummies in Crash 3) and throws him.
B throw - Crash moves the opponent backwards and spins on him. A decent kill throw slightly weaker than Mewtwo's.
U throw - Crash throws them upward and fires a wumpa shot at them, this is Crash's best kill throw
D throw - Crash slaps the opponents rear. Good to start combos.

B Moves
Neutral B

Crash use his famous spin attack. This move is quick and has a great hitbox. If you keep pressing B, crash will use his upgraded spin from Crash 3 instead and you can actually walk while using it without another move coming until it ends. If used in the air, it reduces the fall speed similar to Crash 3 while active. In order to not let player's spam it, it actually needs to charge after the player uses it. If the player tries to use the upgraded spin before it charges up again, just the normal one will come out.

Side B
Crash throws a crate forward. The crates that can come out are the question mark ones and TNT crates.
They have an order to which will come similar to Olimar's pikmin. After 2 question mark boxes, the third box will be a TNT.
If the question mark box hits the opponent after being thrown, it breaks and deals a small knockback. It it doesn't hit the opponent, it stays on the ground and breaks if anyone except crash touches it causing a small knockback but also releasing a wumpa fruit that will cure 2% for anyone who grabs hit. Anyone can use any move to actually break the crate on the ground safely as long as they don't walk into it.
If the TNT crate hits the opponent, it explodes and deals good damage and high knockback (killing Mario at around 120%). If it hits the ground, it stays there until someone interacts with it. If it is touched, it starts the 3 seconds countdown and eventually explodes. If anyone hits it at any time with any move it will immediately explode.

Up B
Crash uses a breakable up arrow crate to go up similar to megaman's up b. The crate will fall and can stay on the ground. Anyone can interact with the crate and also break it with any move.

Down B
Crash uses his famous body slam. If used normally it has a meteor knockback effect under it and a low knockback hitbox on the sides coming from dust when it hits the ground. However, if the player holds the input a little then the Crash 3's upgraded body slam will be used instead. It has a stronger meteor knockback and damage than the normal one and the hitbox it creates on the ground is bigger and is actually a kill move.

Final Smash- Aku Aku
Aku Aku goes onto Crash's face, giving him a huge movement and power boost. He is also immune to knock back, but is not immune to damage. Similar to Giga Mac, Giga Bowser, or Mega Lucario.

Misc. Stuff
Taunt 1 - Crash does his signature dance
Taunt 2- Crash does his death spin he does on death in Crash 1
Taunt 3- Crash turns to the screen over his shoulder and raises his eyebrows, like before he jumps on Polar

On Screen Appearance - Crash jumps out of a warp from Crash 3

Victory 1- Crash's Iconic dance
Victory 2- Crash throws up a gem, crystal, and relic, which all fly up to his amusement
Victory 3- Crash hops onto his motorcycle, and rides off

Victory Fanfare - A part of the Crash 3's warp room theme (Specifically, 0:13 to 0:20 from this video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDrcT3UxZw&list=PL8E5C1C66E5E2F431

I know I double posted but I think it's justificable considering the inativity of this thread.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thought of an animation for the Aku Aku final Smash that has some more Crash flavour.

Boxes fall on Crash's head like they do in Crash 1 but they're three Aku Aku ones, triggering the powerup.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rumor has is that not only is N-Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch, but that Crash is getting a brand new game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I hope it pans out this time. Crash on the Switch is the dream.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly I hope it pans out this time. Crash on the Switch is the dream.
All we need now is Cuphead and we'll have the full Dark Souls Trilogy on the machine.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Cuphead isn't happening. Microsoft paid for it themselves.

If you want to play it your only option is PC or Xbox.
I know, it was a joke.

Speaking of, I'm glad Activision didn't make N-Sane Trilogy a full PS4 exclusive but made it available there first. Best compromise I'd say.

D

Deleted member

While I've only played a little bit of the first game (I don't own a PS4, but a friend of mine does), I support Crash for Smash.
Certainly hoping the rumor about N-Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch is true.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
While I've only played a little bit of the first game (I don't own a PS4, but a friend of mine does), I support Crash for Smash.
Certainly hoping the rumor about N-Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch is true.
yay new supporters. The NST is a great game to start with the series, and I'm glad you enjoyed it even without playing that much.

btw, Opossum Opossum could you please update my nickname on the supporters list? It's "Lukingordex" now. My old one was "Lukinhasss"

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Hey, I don't know if anyone's aware of this, but Keith Webb (one of the lead developers for Crash Twinsanity) reported that he was in talks with Sony to get the green-light to remaster/remake Twinsanity! As in, ALL of the cut content planned for the original game in 2004 would be added, as well as NEW stuff!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241811482&postcount=87
As much as i like Twinsanity, i'm not very fond of the idea of redoing it. Crash is urgently in need of a true new game, and redoing a game that didn't sell well in the first place seems too risky and not worth it in my eyes.

I just want a new game that will truly confirm the revival of Crash. I'm terrified of the possibility of him once again falling back to obscurity and thus i would like to see the developers playing a little safer and avoiding ideas that are too crazy for now. i'm not saying they should do another inferior copy to crash 3 like WoC was, but a fun, somewhat inovative new game with the usual formula without much vehicle stuff imo would be great

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
There are other third party characters (Rayman, Sora, Simon Belmont, Shantae, Banjo-Kazooie) who I'd like to see first, but I wouldn't be upset if Crash was added. Why not? Add me to the support list.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's looks like the N-Sane Trilogy will be seeing a Nintendo Switch version this summer. Let's just hope that the Switch version fixes up the issues that the PS4 version had; one of the issues includes how hard The High Road is.

Top Bottom