• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
That's not bad, man. I recently found a KILLER deal on craigslist and after thoroughly inspecting it I bought it.

You can get a REALLY good laptop for $800 these days... the days of expensive computers are ending more quickly than you think lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
More like 20-30% more expensive, but yeah, desktops are cheaper obviously. I'm willing to pay extra for the convenience of a laptop, especially since I don't have good internet at home, and I also want to stream/record with it, so getting a desktop would've just been silly.

By top of the line, I just meant I've been playing recent games on high settings with no issues. I've been playing Portal 2, Just Cause 2, and Call of Duty: Black Ops all on pretty much the highest settings with no real slowdown.

Here are my specs if you're interested:
-Toshiba Satellite A660
-Intel Core i7-2630QM quad core processor
-Nvidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB
-500GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive
-16" 1366x768 Trubrite LED backlit LCD
-6GB (4GB+2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 memory
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
-DVD Supermulti drive +/- double layer
-and some other less important stuff like webcam, wifi, etc.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You did get a pretty good deal then. My only issue with laptops is that their basically impossible to replace parts for. You can only really replace a few different parts in one. :( Doesn't leave much room for upgrading and what not

hot$

Smash Ace
Yeah i-7 is where its at. My dad just built a monster of a computer, with various uneeded specs, not sure how much he spent. probably around 1k-1.2k? i'm not sure, but I wish my computer had a i-something. My laptop has a i-3 though =D

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Seb, what are you going to be using your computer for? You don't need top high-end specs if you're not doing certain things and can save a lot of money.

League doesn't take a lot to run :V

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Until someone you know likes it, and then you'll see it and be like "aww yeah **** the haters"

BTW i'm getting a similar model to JCaez laptop soon Toshiba makes great laptops at great prices (i'm getting the 665 instead of the 660 jcaez unless i can find that 660 because that's a great deal)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It was a great deal. I'm very happy with it.

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS UNTIL SUCKER PUNCH COMES OUT ON DVD! HYYYYYPE!!!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
damn so have you movie buffs seen "The Invention of Lying"? I had always wanted to watch it but JESUS what an amazing movie.... ****ing hilarious on like 10 different levels, i laughed the entire movie.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If any of you guys have a good gaming rig, Just Cause 2 is 5 bucks on Steam, today only I believe. I highly recommend it. It's GTA on steroids ... fun steroids.

Shinku

Smash Champion
poor seb. as long as he plays smash, even a green falcon, his curse well never go away

on a side note i finally got off work and i think i will drink and dance with some asian *****es

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
WELP shinku WE AHEAD OF THE GAME WHERES THAT POONGKO PRACTICE SON

OH AND TELL YOUR PARENTS TO SEND MY CONTROLLER IN THE MAIL :<

plz :<

Shinku

Smash Champion
god dammit ck. ill freaking talk to my sister but i seriously doubt shell do it man.

also ive been getting mad practice here. ive been playing online with the japanese/korea players. they def play different than american.

tournament this sat. gonna meet poongko, laugh, infiltration etc

Laijin

Smash Hero
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg
*Goku* I hope my body can take it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKkcY6Sfz5I

JlZZ EVERYWHERE... in HD.

MORE JlZZ TO COME... on the BIG SCREEN, January 2012.

Top Bottom