• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Banana Hammock~ Ape Social!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden

He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well,
He's finally back to kick some tail!
His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts,
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too,
He's the first member of the DK crew!

Huh!
DK, Donkey Kong!
DK, Donkey Kong is here!

So DK is pretty gosh darn adorable, and it's about time we had a place to talk about absolutely nothing. We all know our favorite Kong is a fellow of class & taste, just look at that tie! And those dashing looks! The most photogenic ape around as well as a great role-model; the pinnacle of what we should all strive to be. A true gentleman. Laid back, comical, and hilariously amazing, not to mention admirable. Come here to talk about anything your little heart desires, from DK's ice cream scoop dew, to your daily potassium intake. Welcome to the one and only, Donkey Kong social thread!

Go bananas.

*No innuendo intended

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Came 1st at a monthly P:M tourney yesterday night, 17 entrants.

Got to 0-death a Fox on FD, that was kinda fun. xD I'm surprised I beat him though, he's a much better player. Guess it was just my night. :)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Awww yeah

Newfoundland in the building

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh yeah, and I got 2nd at SCSYN with 100% DK last weekend.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Got first in my 3rd monthly in a rowwww. Snake is hard to play against when he just camps under platforms with nades and nikita. :S

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
You guys have bigger tourneys though, and better players, and yeah. xD

We may have recorded it on my friend's computer though, so hopefully I'll get matches on here someday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Strong Bad, why you so strong? And so bad? Embarrass

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
I adore Warioware. The platforms and short sides complement very early nair combos/kills.

T'is bootiful. :3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's really MU dependent.
I always hate Yoshi's Story, though.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Just UpB people's landings on the platforms, haha. Kill at 70-ish.

Why does everyone hate Yoshi's? :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because you go to fullhop Cargo U-Throw them and then you land on the top platform, ruining your double jump input.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Well, I am maining DK at a Tourney in Maine on Sunday.(Hehe maining in maine, maine puns). So hopefully I don't suck too bad and bring a good name to the lovable ape.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
I just falling cargo uthrow into Nair.

To each their own, I guess. The way easy kills give it the nod from me.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Just want to throw this out there from a Project M newcomer and smash vet: Tech chasing. I said it about Lucario, now I'll say it about DK. Tech chasing is a thing again. DK can put on the floor-pressure. His dash attack is absolutely excellent, and increases the pacing of his movements (and of the match) so incredibly well, making DK and Project M a match made in heaven. Absolutely beautiful, he's so fun to use now, that he's one of the characters that keeps me playing this game for awhile, even after my friends head home. Cheers to all the DK players out there!

Returnofthemac

Smash Cadet
lol what a bump. But I would say lylat is a no, because any character with a decent d-tilt can destroy dks recovery due to the angled edges. Green hill zone is a great stage for dk as long as you can ledgetech well. So lylat is a no go and green hill zone is a good CP but there are better ones. wario ware is pretty nice for CPs as well as skyloft.

EDIT: Stupid spelling error

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I feel like DK is such an underused character. How can you not love DK? and I think he's a way underrated character too, I think he should be higher in the mid tiers or in the low high tiers maybe

Nannas

Smash Rookie
I agree but lets allow the community to sleep on DK. I love the look on people's faces when I combo a cargo throw into punch and they can't do a damn thing about it. :p

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Cargo F throw into punch works for me almost all the time
The only reason to do cargo f throw into punch is if they are at too high % to do cargo u throw to punch, because u throw is guaranteed while f throw is DI dependent. It can be a great surprise though especially if you are pretty certain which way they will DI

Top Bottom