• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
-Out of a spot dodge
-Out of a roll
-Out of a ledge getup attack (if the get up attack hits, it actually combos)
-Out of a grounded grab release on Ness/Lucas

etc. etc. There's a lot of uses for it, just don't get predictable with it

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Nice. I like the getup attack > BDACUS idea. Another use for me is after reflector.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
@Jiom: I think if you tried, you would go flying past them before the up smash came out. The only way it would connect is if they DI'd away and rolled away in addition.

@Xeylode: That is probably the least expected one yet haha, sounds epic.

StarFruit

Smash Cadet
Heyya - my activity on the boards is incredibly volatile but i plan to make a stay on the boards for a while. So hello bird astronauts - Just wondering if anybody could help me with this - what's your setup for a Dacus? Whenever i dacus its always incredibly uncomfortable and i usually end up screwing something up. Because of this i only BDacus. However, with a bdacus it can be way more predictable that it's coming - so if you guys have any advice on a hand setup i would totally appreciate it

Hey StarFruit. It has been awhile. Since I do not know what your set-up is I am not sure what you find uncomfortable about doing the dacus.

Just assuming normal default controls for the GC controller.

1) If you dash from standing, then press A within the next 5 frames will cause an Fsmash. C-stick down will prevent this from ever happening, so you can dash + c-stick down right away and go into a dash attack.
2) If you use the grab button for your usmash input, then you might boost grab if you press grab too soon after doing the dash attack. To prevent that mistake from ever occurring, it would be better to use an attack button for the Usmash input.
3) Some time might be wasted during a rotation of the control stick from dash to the Usmash input. This can fixed by having tap jump off. With tap jump off, you can now dash forward by pushing the control stick in a diagonal-up direction. Not only does this act as a dash, but when you press the A button the game will register the control stick as up and an Usmash will come out.

Now that I am done explaining what stuff can happen, I'll just summarize some changes which should reduce errors when doing the dacus.

tl;dr Do c-stick down for your dash attack. Have tap jump off and dash/maintain your running by pushing the control stick into the up-left or up-right diagonal on the control stick. Assign one of the shoulder buttons (Z/L/R) to attack, and use this button for the Usmash.

Also a really good set-up for getting Sheik's Dacus 100% of the time.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Heyya - my activity on the boards is incredibly volatile but i plan to make a stay on the boards for a while. So hello bird astronauts - Just wondering if anybody could help me with this - what's your setup for a Dacus? Whenever i dacus its always incredibly uncomfortable and i usually end up screwing something up. Because of this i only BDacus. However, with a bdacus it can be way more predictable that it's coming - so if you guys have any advice on a hand setup i would totally appreciate it
Your activity on the Falco boards is volatile ? That's a good one !

Good setups for dacus are when your opponent does an empty SH or rolls away.
If you can get the max range consistently (not easy but clearly not as hard as Sheik) it goes almost as far as bdacus and you can take pretty much anyone by surprise since no one expects you to have a burst range this big.

Also shield drop is the only legit setup for bdacus.
Other things that might work are Ftilt, retreating SH Dair.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Wow you guys have such great info for falco I feel I am getting good with him very quick. Thanks everyone :)

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Keitaro do people ever call you **** for short? Serious question. Aside from that, I feel like the Falco boards provides a lot of information for the up and comers and is generally the best place to learn. I try to help out everyone/anyone as best as I can not only on the boards, but at tournaments too. Plus we're all black, so us black pplz gotta stick together.

Also, where are all the Twitter folks at!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I went 2-2 in serious friendlies against Nakat's ICs as Diddy yesterday. My Diddy is very lol imo but it works very very well vs ICs.

I just don't know what to do when we blind pick. My Falco loses to his MK 40-60, Falco loses to his ICs terribly, Diddy goes 50-50 against his ICs, Diddy goes 0-100 agaisnt his MK lol, my Falco vs his Fox is 45-55 his favor. He's just a very good player that people underate often know about, but I think I can take him out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have a similar issue with an IC/D3 player. I can get dunked by his ICs with Falco. I can beat his D3 with Falco. I haven't been able to play it extensively (because he won't play friendlies with ICs), but I feel I can go about 40-60 my Ike vs. his ICs. I don't want to see Ike D3.

Just make the read. It's not a situation you want to be in, but you need game one. Double blind and be right.

First stock. Nervous to land onstage coupled with possibly forgetting you lost your 2nd jump?

2nd Stock. shield, grab, dodge, shoot! Dodge beats grab. And did Esam Fsmash on the platform on purpose or fail to drop through and Fair?

3rd Stock. Really bad fortune on that one. Esam was moving forward in the air totally avoiding the range on jab, then DIs the jab hits behind you into a grab.

That match lol

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I mean, obviously I could've played the matchup much better, but that's pretty much the worst that can happen to a Falco LOL

I didn't know I lost my jump on the first stock, btw

Keitaro

Got 2nd in doubles with Nakat (lost to Nairo/False) and 5th out of 42 in singles.

Lost to Nairo's Marth in winners semis 1-2. Don't ever counter pick Nairo to Battlefield no matter what character he chooses lol. No one could beat his Marth there. Nakat was losing losers finals 0-2 against him on that stage then they went to other stages the rest of the set and Nakat won 3-2 lol

In losers I had to fight.....Nakat :/

We double blinded, and as usual I lost it!! My Diddy vs his Fox. I got sexed in public. I then went Smashville and he went ICs. I went Diddy and destroyed him worse than usual lol. He then went Lylat so I went Snake to be safe and he went ICs. Was going well, then I SDed AND paused while mashing out lol.

Nakat beat me 1-2 in the end. I placed in the money and still did pretty well so I'm happy but aiming for higher next time.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
That's an unfortunate end to the set with NAKAT.

You've definitely been improving Keit.

Keitaro

Thanks guys. Some matches were recorded so hopefully they'll be up soon and if so I will provide links.

I refused to believe I got better but I have been pretty consistent and I'm beating people I couldn't before along with 2-0ing people I used to win close 3rd game sets against.

I dunno if you guys are up to date with M2K and Vinnie in Japan but I will be recording HD sets of them soon and putting them up. Will post those links back here this week too.

Keitaro

How does that work?
The replays are saved on 9B's Wii so when 9B wakes up M2K will take the replays off the Wii and send it to me. Then I will have to transfer the replays from my SD card onto my Wii, then extract my Wii save onto my SD card, then take the Wii save and put it into my emulator, then record the set.

Keitaro

Gonna be a while since M2K said he is not sure what Wii it is on and that 9B went to work so he won't check till later tonight :/

And knowing M2K he'll forget to ask. I reminded M2K like 10 times already lol so hopefully I will at least get the replays today.

Top Bottom