• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
i think toph taking his jv4stock by pp too seriously, maybe he needs to chill the **** out right now cuz i bet pp really hurt his ego. toph just needs to try n have fun right now lol

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol, it's WAY more fun trying to get good with as many characters possible. I made the mistake of over comitting to fox in melee and using other ones in tournament/money would be dumb cause every match up and every stage favors my main.

the only exception is brinstar where I go peach but I auto ban it anyway :> gg
Lol yeah, thats true.

Everyone is (at the very least) viable in ProjectM anyways, so there's no reason not to learn as many characters as you can to counterpick MUs in your favor :p
Who do you use in P:M anyways? I'm glad that you like it, even if its just once in awhile lol :p

Enter P:M at the tournament on the 21st/22nd! Lol, you'll probably get 1st/2nd depending on whether or not you beat bladewise lol

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
June 30th

Time Event
9:00am-11:00am Registration/Check in
12:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Pools Begins (1st half)
1:00pm Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 Begins (1 day event)
3:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Pools Begins (2nd half)
5:00pm Smash 64 Begins (1 day event)
6:00pm Brawl & Melee Doubles Pools Begins
9:00pm Melee 10 v 10 Canada vs USA Crew Battle Begins

July 1st

Time Event
9:00am-11:00am Casual Play
11:00am Brawl 10 v 10 Canada vs USA Crew Battle Begins
12:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Pro Bracket Begins (until top 16)
12:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles Amateur Bracket Begins
1:00pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (1 day event)
3:00pm Brawl & Melee Doubles Bracket Begins
7:00pm Brawl & Melee Singles top 16 Begins
10:00pm Closng Ceremonies (Awards & Payouts)

toronto time

Starscream

Smash Ace
Roby: ya. project m is kinda gay since like a lot of the characters that are supposed to be ****ty are gay as **** now, aka Zelda. plus u basically have to learn the game all over again and all the new matchups. I probably wont enter any more project m tournaments for these reasons, along with the fact that falcon sucks now. combos don't work properly.

:phone:
But...isn't having more viable characters a good thing? Isn't learning new match-ups like the fun of playing a new game? I know Falcon isn't perfect, but the game is still in development.

I'm convinced that no Smash sequel, no matter how baller, will be good enough for a lot of Melee players. Like if Brawl came out and was totally ****ing awesome, do you think Melee players would play it? I personally don't think so. Something will inevitably different like character physics or movesets and combos, and that will be a turn off no matter how fast or hype the rest of the game is. But that's cool, if they have fun sticking to one game then that's great, it's all about having fun right? For me, I want to keep an open mind and have fun with as many good Smash games as possible. Melee is fun, Project M is fun, bring on Smash 4!

Metà

Smash Master
Roby: ya. project m is kinda gay since like a lot of the characters that are supposed to be ****ty are gay as **** now, aka Zelda. plus u basically have to learn the game all over again and all the new matchups. I probably wont enter any more project m tournaments for these reasons, along with the fact that falcon sucks now. combos don't work properly.

i basically read this as "i don't like things that are slightly different"

falcon doesn't suck, he can taunt while kneeing people. god tier.

l2adaptandstopgettingftiltedbydddkthx

also, hi from france :3

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Melee disc version 1.3 has Kirby's Ftilt do 1% less, so everyone hates it since it's not Melee.

:awesome:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
i basically read this as "i don't like things that are slightly different"

falcon doesn't suck, he can taunt while kneeing people. god tier.

l2adaptandstopgettingftiltedbydddkthx

also, hi from france :3
I agree. Except the France stuff.

In response to Starscream, however, I am sure that if Brawl was a fantastic game, we would have played it. I was so hyped for Brawl. I tried playing it for a month, getting into it. I posted on the boards. But it was just disappointing for me.

I'm very open to P:M though.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I agree. Except the France stuff.

In response to Starscream, however, I am sure that if Brawl was a fantastic game, we would have played it. I was so hyped for Brawl. I tried playing it for a month, getting into it. I posted on the boards. But it was just disappointing for me.

I'm very open to P:M though.
Well I did say a lot, not all. Glad to hear you're open to P:M though. Now get back to Vancouver already.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Evan: I just read "I'm gay". also falcon is pretty good in melee. pretty sure your top tier character loses to that **** on the reg.

iv'e spent too much time playing melee. playing any other smash game is pretty much like having sex with a random **** who's like anywhere between a 4-6. melee = Elly tran aka 10.

Metà

Smash Master
Evan: I just read "I'm gay". also falcon is pretty good in melee. pretty sure your top tier character loses to that **** on the reg.

iv'e spent too much time playing melee. playing any other smash game is pretty much like having sex with a random **** who's like anywhere between a 4-6. melee = Elly tran aka 10.

falcon sucks

in every game except 64

Yeah Manuel get back over here lmao

Evan go attend smashers reunion lol

i tried :< it's too hard to get there cause the closest airport to where i will be staying at that time is in rome, which is kinda expensive to get to

buddy

Smash Cadet
Yo people, everyone should go to stronghold tomorrow. Do it.
Ima be there. So y'all should be there. I'm bringing a friend to show him how dope stronghold is, so everyone should show up to make it look hype.

DO IT.

Top Bottom