• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
lmao evan my bad.

yo guys

smashfest TOMORROW. 11AM - TO WHENEVER.

FEAT. Daltsy, SpaceRape maybe adam and yakal

address: lougheed highway and laity street in maple ridge
(just take the 152 at lougheed skytrain, to coquitlim center, then the 701 to dewdney trunk road and laity street)

call me when ur there sevenseven8 3235941

make sure to let me know if u coming, right now I only have 1 gamecube, but 9000 TV's.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
is it possible to get around BC without renting a car? is the place traveler friendly like Toronto is?
Not sure if srs. My friend said BC's transit system sucks o_o

and aren't most of you guys not in the main core part of vancouver? I see locations such as Richmond and New Westminister
Your friend is wrong. Translink is much, much better than the TTC at the very least. Richmond, Burnaby, and New Westminister are very close to Vancouver. Burnaby is closer to the Vancouver core than say North York or Scarborough are to Toronto core. Not to mention Skytrain is much nicer than the TTC Subway! And you don't have to flip between 4 different transit authorities and fares to visit surrounding areas.

I cannot wait to be back in Vancouver!

Hey everyone, I'm gonna visit vancouver/ other BC cities near by on august 1st. Can you guys recommend some good sites/places to tour to?

I am meeting some business associates there and they want to see the top tier places that Canada (BC) has to offer. These people have never visited Canada before so where should I bring them to show them what BC is all about? (plz don't recommend things like sea world and stuff :( these people are srs business and not children even though i'd fully enjoy sea world and all the great seaness that there is to see in the world of sea)
The biggest draws to Vancouver are the beaches, mountains, and parks I would say. Are you looking at suggestions for business lunches / dinners, casual drinking, or just straight up tourist attractions to take pictures at?

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I'm gonna visit vancouver/ other BC cities near by on august 1st. Can you guys recommend some good sites/places to tour to?

I am meeting some business associates there and they want to see the top tier places that Canada (BC) has to offer. These people have never visited Canada before so where should I bring them to show them what BC is all about? (plz don't recommend things like sea world and stuff :( these people are srs business and not children even though i'd fully enjoy sea world and all the great seaness that there is to see in the world of sea)
theres steveston harbour in richmond, the ioana island jetti in richmond. theres queen elizabeth park in vancouver, spanish bank beach, locarno beach, jericho beach, english bay, stanley park, granville island, coal harbour. in burnaby theres central park, burnaby mountain park, barnet marine park. in north vancouver theres lynn canyon park, capilano suspension bridge, grouse mountain, whiteclyff park in horseshoe bay and light house park.

start exploring.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Wow nice. This transit system does sound pretty good. Thanks for the input everyone. I like how you don't have to switch companies between cities.

Do you guys all know Peter Chao? I really want to meet him when I go to vancouver lol.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Dude it's Firestorm. I miss him.
Aww =[ Maybe I'll even attend a Smash tournament again for fun once I'm back from Ontario! Haven't Smashed in ages. Completely lost interest in Melee and Brawl. Don't think I'll play competitively even when the WiiU and 3DS ones come out although I'll definitely play them. I can really only afford one competitive game and that's gonna be Pokemon =P

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
richmonds best in bc

imo
Clearly it's Vancouver =P
ggs

east van coming strong!!!
I'm back in Vancouver now just so people know :p
roby, we **** as a team. wholy fuuuck, lol. I was trying so ****en hard in those matches.

shiiiit yall bringin it!

Okanagan gotta have a fest to join this shenanigans!

I'll confirm for that 28th tourney Evan told AJ told me about. Might bring some Valley peeps aside from AJ too.
Is Tiep in town for it too?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Aww =[ Maybe I'll even attend a Smash tournament again for fun once I'm back from Ontario! Haven't Smashed in ages. Completely lost interest in Melee and Brawl. Don't think I'll play competitively even when the WiiU and 3DS ones come out although I'll definitely play them. I can really only afford one competitive game and that's gonna be Pokemon =P
Gonna have to go with evan on that one; ew pokemon.

But that'd be really tight. How long are you in Ontario for?

Metà

Smash Master
Eric how long are you in vancouver for?

I'm strongly considering hosting something at SFU on the 27th. I need some confirmation from people though, cause I don't want to do one if there's a bad turn-out or no TV's.

Top Bottom