• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yoooo tect, madj. Not sure if you guys check this thread. I remember you guys went to BC, do you guys still play melee in BC? etc.?

Who's gonna give me a nice big welcome in Vancouver?

Windrose

Smash Lord
ROOOOOOOOFLLLL BOKU NO PICO hahahahhahaha

Hey, are most people in BC asian? I ask this cuz the subs were in chinese :S

Also peter chao is from BC.. :S

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
So I have like nearly a dozen T.V's just laying around. And also a completely empty apartment so we get the place to ourselves.

http://tinyurl.com/3lxyohn

only thing is it's maple ridge, location in link. Would anyone actually come if I had a tournament.

I perfer SFU, but we always have problems with setups.

Windrose

Smash Lord
is it possible to get around BC without renting a car? is the place traveler friendly like Toronto is?

Sion

Island of Horizon
it's sooo easy to get around bc

the main parts of it at least

or so i've heard

edit: our transit system arpes

Windrose

Smash Lord
Not sure if srs. My friend said BC's transit system sucks o_o

and aren't most of you guys not in the main core part of vancouver? I see locations such as Richmond and New Westminister

Violence

Smash Lord
He's just trollin you.

I've lived in the SF Bay my whole life, been to NYC, Hong Kong, Japan, and other big cities, and Vancouver's pubtrans is literally the best out of all of em.

Gotta hand it to you guys, you know how to get people where they need to go.

I've been out to Richmond, New West, and Coquitlam without a car with no trouble. Google maps too good.

Windrose

Smash Lord
....am I being collectively trolled? o_________o

BC's traditional customs to haze the new guy?

Hong Kong and Japan have some amazing transit....Korea too....

Metà

Smash Master
there are definitely some problems with it, but not to the point that you need to get a car. literally NOBODY in the smash community here drives. or rather, not often. if it was a truly terrible transit system, this would not be the case.

this is one of the reasons we have trouble getting set-ups lol

Geist

Smash Master
Vancouver transit is the ****. It makes everything so convenient. I didn't even bother getting a bc license, let alone a car, it would have been a waste of time.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Where do you guys usually play smash in vancouver? :O

I know a few of you guys will be going to the montreal tournament in august 20th so i'll get to you meet you guys there too.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I'm gonna visit vancouver/ other BC cities near by on august 1st. Can you guys recommend some good sites/places to tour to?

I am meeting some business associates there and they want to see the top tier places that Canada (BC) has to offer. These people have never visited Canada before so where should I bring them to show them what BC is all about? (plz don't recommend things like sea world and stuff :( these people are srs business and not children even though i'd fully enjoy sea world and all the great seaness that there is to see in the world of sea)

Top Bottom