• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

booshk

Smash Lord
holy lol.
AND YAKAL OR EVAN CAN YOU PLEASE GET ME M2K's AUTOGRAPH I'M NOT JOKING. I'LL PAY ONE OF YOU 10 DOLLARS. GO!

thanks
c:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
You got this. Mike, don't forget that using your phone while away will give you hella roaming charges. I paid like $200 when I came back from NY.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
it wont cost me athing since i use an app call talkatone for ipod touch it uses gmails free calling feature so i can call usa and can for free and nobody gets charged for answering it

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Shoot a lot of lasers. Don't be afraid to jump way out there (first jump only) with a downair. You want them to be scared. Illusion back.

Downair a lot if you know they aren't going to sweetspot. Force them to get into an awkward position so that they can't get the sweet spot.

Try to get early kills as best as you can... gay them with a dair, or with a shine near the top of the stage if it's yoshi's. Be careful of getting CC'd into downsmash or whatever.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
thx man youve got the best tips! aight im gonna leave and head to the airport now pz out guys! ill take pictures for yall

Get@Will

Smash Champion
if you grab the ledge when they try to sweet spot with extender, they can't do a thing as they're coming up from it. good time to do a down air for a kill.

same thing with link, though back air will work too especially at mid % since he won't be high enough to bomb jump back.

Sion

Island of Horizon
you could always end up killing yourself playing on the ledge with samus/link grapples

i'd advise not to hang on the ledge unless you know the matchup very well (which i assume mike doesn't). play it safe and get that good bair imo

Get@Will

Smash Champion
i advise using it in conjunction with manuel's advice about jumping out and then illusioning back. you can get yourself some invincibility frames from the illusion and if you time it correctly, their grapples won't hit you.

back air is a good option too like you said, and i would advise doing it. but what i said should be considered if the opponent is too far out (can't reach from a single jump, cause using your double is dangerous), you could scare them into maneuvering away from that single jump and tricking them into going low which you could then illusion sweet spot so that they don't get it. then you can get a more accurate back/down air, imo.

good luck at genesis you guys. play hard and rep BC as best you can. i'll try to catch the stream.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
my flight is lagging right now. its supposed to depart at 1pm but delayed to 3 pm now. ill be at the hotel by like 6 30 that suxx

:phone:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would agree with Will when he says you can use invincibility to make sure you don't get grappled (firefox stall is good for regaining your invincibility). Then when they grapple they HAVE to get up dumb-like, and it's an easy dair.

EASYYY

you got this

Diakonos

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST and Genesis Stream tomorrow

Hey guys,

I had planned for an outdoor activity tomorrow at my weekly summer events at church, but it seems it's going to rain. Because of this...

I'm going to be hosting another smashfest tomorrow (Saturday) from 1pm til 6 or 7. There will also be a screen set up to watch the Genesis stream, for those who are interested.

Similar deal as last time: come in, have fun, no fun-wrecking drugs etc., and feel free to invite your friends.

I had a great time last time with the West side guys who came in strong. If we do a tournament this time, I'll actually have tio so that we can get a legit bracket. Please respond to me on here or on FB for details, telling me what you can bring (TV, cube, etc.)

=D looking forward to it!

:pika:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Corner of Quebec street and 40th avenue in Vancouver.

Come through back entrance facing grassy area.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Updates for genesis 2!

ROUND 1 POOLS

Meta got 3rd seed!
Yakal is out of the tournament..
Mike is still in and beat Germ! :O

Meta lose to Nizro (2-0) and SFAT (2-1). All his matches are getting recorded!

Evan is currently updating me on the tournament

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Good **** mike! Wow i never imagined yakal getting knocked out of first round pools. Good **** evan for advancing. Make us proud tomorrow!

I'm still amazed that mike beat germ. My brain refuses to process that. I wonder which one of those randoms did better than him :/

i'm so ****ing angry that passport canada ****ed me over! :@

how about evan and yakal in doubles? Has doubles pools started yet? Or is that tomorrow?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Daym, arped.

Leffen is really good though, so I'm not surprised he beat everyone. Go Evan! Don't forget you're on the pR now, you have to place well.

Top Bottom