• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Metà

Smash Master
I was going to drop in on Saturday to see what's up for Marvel cause Victa invited me to come watch. (John got me playing Marvel... he even donated a fightstick to me...) I wanted to check out Melee too but too bad it is on Friday - I have class.

If you guys need an after party though (and I'm mainly directing this at Adam cause I remember talking to him about music stuff before a LONG WAY back when we smashed at his apartment), Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren are going to be at Gossip on Friday night. I have tickets for $20.

GL at the tourney everyone, woo!
Victa? holy crap I haven't seen him in ages. I remember losing to his peach at my first tournament ever, back in 2005

so, you're coming to the thing at surrey on saturday? I might get a Melee set-up going if there's interest, and we have enough set-ups

who else is gonna come to the melee event? I need more people and set-ups.... sion said he's coming

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
I was going to drop in on Saturday to see what's up for Marvel cause Victa invited me to come watch. (John got me playing Marvel... he even donated a fightstick to me...) I wanted to check out Melee too but too bad it is on Friday - I have class.

If you guys need an after party though (and I'm mainly directing this at Adam cause I remember talking to him about music stuff before a LONG WAY back when we smashed at his apartment), Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren are going to be at Gossip on Friday night. I have tickets for $20.

cerf, mitiska & jaren are ****

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Yo Darius. I would totally come, but I don't have any money at the moment. :(

I'm surprised you remember that far back btw, hahaha

That dude must be the father of melee.
Yo Radius-86 or "Darius" born in 86 made this thread about DI WAYYY back in the day. It was so ahead of it's time. I remember reading some of it back when i was n00b.

EDIT: YO I MIGHT COME AND PLAY MELEE TOO! When and what time Evan?

EDIT2: Thanks for the happy bdays guise.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
People confirmed for smashfest this Saturday:

1) Jaxon
2) Nick
3) Mike
4) Deap

Unconfirmed:
5) Adam
6) Icy
7) Christian

Waiting for response from: Marshall, Sion, Greg.

If enough people show up we can do a friendly round-robin. It'd be cool if someone brought recoring, too.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I'll come down to SFU Surrey on Sat, since I never checked out that campus before. Is there a specific time your setup will start Evan? I'm down for friendlies or round robin or whatnot.

I'm going ROY ONLY just like old days.

Btw Facebook gave me an alert for Adam's bday too. Happy bday!
Thanks for remembering me and my DI guide. I got a lot of crap for it back then cause TG4/TG5 players argued that worrying about DI reduces a player's ability to control their character lol. I might have agreed with them if I hadn't seen that Daigo vs. Justin Wong EVO video in SF3, which proved to me that a lot of players were being too complacent and didn't want to learn advanced techniques because they believed no human would be able to master it and use it on command. Actually, that's what I thought about powershielding when I first got the game in 2001 lol.

Infected Mushroom plays psychedelic trance right? I listened to them a little bit maybe in 2004? But I separated and listened to standard trance & progressive.
I listen to psy-trance at home, but I always felt the BPM was too fast for a club, so I never went to live shows for that genre.

P.S. - Is SpaceFalcon Robbie? I think that's the only smasher I've had on MSN that I probably never talked to. I heard he's crazy at Halo... or was it MW2?

P.S.#2 - I got a streetpass for a Mii named Kaos in Metrotown so I'm just going to ask if that was KAOSTAR?

Metà

Smash Master
I'll come down to SFU Surrey on Sat, since I never checked out that campus before. Is there a specific time your setup will start Evan? I'm down for friendlies or round robin or whatnot.

I'm going ROY ONLY just like old days.

Btw Facebook gave me an alert for Adam's bday too. Happy bday!
Thanks for remembering me and my DI guide. I got a lot of crap for it back then cause TG4/TG5 players argued that worrying about DI reduces a player's ability to control their character lol. I might have agreed with them if I hadn't seen that Daigo vs. Justin Wong EVO video in SF3, which proved to me that a lot of players were being too complacent and didn't want to learn advanced techniques because they believed no human would be able to master it and use it on command. Actually, that's what I thought about powershielding when I first got the game in 2001 lol.

Infected Mushroom plays psychedelic trance right? I listened to them a little bit maybe in 2004? But I separated and listened to standard trance & progressive.
I listen to psy-trance at home, but I always felt the BPM was too fast for a club, so I never went to live shows for that genre.

P.S. - Is SpaceFalcon Robbie? I think that's the only smasher I've had on MSN that I probably never talked to. I heard he's crazy at Halo... or was it MW2?

P.S.#2 - I got a streetpass for a Mii named Kaos in Metrotown so I'm just going to ask if that was KAOSTAR?
Saturday is Brawl, Friday is Melee. The Brawl tournament starts at 1, but I doubt you're interested in that.

I'll probably have melee set up on the side, but idk how that's gonna go. I would love to play you again though. I remember losing to your Roy back in like 2007. man that was embarassing lol

and yeah Infected Mushroom does psytrance. I don't listen to much mainstream trance at all, I'm mostly into psytrance and hard trance. Shpongle is playing in Vancouver the day I leave for genesis 2, so sad : (

Metà

Smash Master
hard trance is the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuVOYxgQRr8

also guys, don't forget to pre-register for the melee tournament if you're coming tomorrow:

"Pre-register by emailing crossXoverSFU@gmail.com with CrossXover Registration in the subject line or by writing on this wall. Provide your name, Gamertag, Email and which tournaments you will be attending."

it'll save you $10!!!!!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Whats psytrance? and yea that song you linked ...I liked it so much better until like 53 seconds in lol. like 3 ish minutes in it gets better, but I guess I just dont like the generic Trance baseline. Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh u kno lol. other than that it was actually pretty tight.

I seem to get bored with the base and it ruins the genre for me-requires drugs lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
People confirmed for smashfest this Saturday:

1) Jaxon
2) Nick
3) Mike
4) Deap
5) Marshall
6-8) Marshall's friends
9) Manuel

Unconfirmed:
Adam
Icy
Christian

Waiting for response from: Sion, Greg.
Oh, that's who's coming.

VANCOUVER GOING STRONG

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
Whats psytrance? and yea that song you linked ...I liked it so much better until like 53 seconds in lol. like 3 ish minutes in it gets better, but I guess I just dont like the generic Trance baseline. Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh u kno lol. other than that it was actually pretty tight.

I seem to get bored with the base and it ruins the genre for me-requires drugs lol
kline mayb ull like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4iOHgkxxU dubstep

i dont like this sh.it sounds horrible but since you dont like generic trance bass & kicks try that or u just straight up hip hop?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I bump hardcore pretty consistently... lol almost explosively. shane pretty much got the washington smash scene into it. I was really feeling parts of that song, I just HATE that boring *** baseline lol.

ive hit up a bit of dubstep that I got from shane. but ill check that link out.

:phone:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
dubstep = bad

hardcore = good

gabber/speedcore = best
speed terror splinter extratone or extra core suck balls.

adding unnecessary beats is simply a poor attempt at hiding the fact that as artist they don't know how to create melodies that sound good.

I tend to stop at 140 ish, maybe a bit higher, but that **** just becomes noise.

trance is usually better than that ****. hardcore is where its at, and dubstep isn't that tight lol.

I have spoken!

also which canadians will I be seeing at genesis?

Metà

Smash Master
speed terror splinter extratone or extra core suck balls.

adding unnecessary beats is simply a poor attempt at hiding the fact that as artist they don't know how to create melodies that sound good.

I tend to stop at 140 ish, maybe a bit higher, but that **** just becomes noise.

trance is usually better than that ****. hardcore is where its at, and dubstep isn't that tight lol.

I have spoken!

also which canadians will I be seeing at genesis?

speedcore =/= machine guns noises

splittercore is garbage obviously. and lol 140 bpm. that's so low. gabber reaches 190 pretty regularly and still sounds good.

this is terrible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2t6VnB1bjM

this is high bpm but still good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU4jsSuosOk

so is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkFSWwxxpw

people are so misinformed about speedcore. 230 is where a lot of it caps off, which is a far cry from what people associate it with

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Tomorrow's Smashfest

Hey guys, some administrative details for tomorrow.

The venue is free and a good size for a smashfest. I'm glad we're able to use the room and have some fun in it. Because I want to keep the opportunity open for hosting smashfests in the future, I want us to make sure we respect the place.

It will be remain drug-free, clean, and fun.

There are places to eat nearby. I also have some chips and some juice for us. We can go for dinner afterwards if you guys want.

We don't have to be super quiet, but there might be a few piano lessons going on in nearby rooms, so let's be respectful of that.

Finally, we want to make sure we have enough setups and TVs. We have space to fit 4 TVs comfortably in the room. I am able to provide 2 TVs and one setup (by which I mean GC+game disc). That means I need 2 TVs and 3 setups.

We have 10 people confirmed, and I'm still waiting for Adam and Icy to confirm themselves. Of course others are free to come, just let me know.

Top Bottom