• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

2G00d

Smash Rookie
SUP GUYS, I'm back, hope I get a warm welcome. Once a melee player, always a melee player. I still scrub tho. Summer is coming and I hope I can fit a couple smashes in before I go for vacation :S I just finished grad and have no plans ^___^

2G00d

Smash Rookie
I can probably make it to SFU surrey and is the Coquitlam one on Sat? I have serious money johns since I'm going on vacation and spending big money so I'll see if I want to join the tournament ^__^

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that the venue fee goes to charity, while the entrance fee goes to the pot

Metà

Smash Master
its a charity thing so does that mean nobody gets money for winning?

:phone:
yeah, there's no money for any of the prizes. you get a game or something, idk. I'm not in charge of the event, I'm just running the smash tournaments. even if you're only a maybe, you should pre-register, so if you do come, it's $10 off

we need more people!

evan dont forget about our $10 mm my whatever vs ur zelda!
come to surrey this friday or saturday and we can do it. Also, I'm having a brawl event on saturday, come to that too.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Wow it's been a while...
sup noobs
John/Sion/Manuel/Anybody with a passport that wants to go to G2 or something... if 2 peeps have the money/time/plans to go, I could drive. AJ can't but Dalts and I still can, but we haven't really planned anything yet. If 2 peeps come so we have 4 in a car, we'll road trip, but yeah that's the only way we'd go and even still I'm leaning towards not going cause of stuff going on here that I can't miss... but lemme know via facebook/email if you can.
I'm sure this is a little late and nobody can anyway, but yeah, last second things work out sometimes.

John, what's your marvel likes?
I played like, everyone (obviously that's just what I do lol) but have about 7 teams solid.
All weird play styles obviously too... we Marvel next time we meet yaw?

You guys remember how I was like... maining 1 char a month? Well, now I'm done! Went through the 11 I liked... yay!
If anyone was interested XD

Haven't played smash with Jamie/Chris/Ben/Kaelen in like... a month, but AJ was here this weekend. GOOOO Penticton! :D

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Who would be interested in some smash this Saturday afternoon at my church?

I can organize something, but only if I get some commitment. Reply soon, please!

Geist

Smash Master
Who would be interested in some smash this Saturday afternoon at my church?

I can organize something, but only if I get some commitment. Reply soon, please!
I should be able to go, depending on the time. I may have a class on saturday morning or nights, but I'm getting my schedule changed so whatever.

Metà

Smash Master
Wow it's been a while...
sup noobs
John/Sion/Manuel/Anybody with a passport that wants to go to G2 or something... if 2 peeps have the money/time/plans to go, I could drive. AJ can't but Dalts and I still can, but we haven't really planned anything yet. If 2 peeps come so we have 4 in a car, we'll road trip, but yeah that's the only way we'd go and even still I'm leaning towards not going cause of stuff going on here that I can't miss... but lemme know via facebook/email if you can.
I'm sure this is a little late and nobody can anyway, but yeah, last second things work out sometimes.

John, what's your marvel likes?
I played like, everyone (obviously that's just what I do lol) but have about 7 teams solid.
All weird play styles obviously too... we Marvel next time we meet yaw?

You guys remember how I was like... maining 1 char a month? Well, now I'm done! Went through the 11 I liked... yay!
If anyone was interested XD

Haven't played smash with Jamie/Chris/Ben/Kaelen in like... a month, but AJ was here this weekend. GOOOO Penticton! :D
man that would be so tight if you guys made it to G2

somebody carpool with james gogogo

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
yeah, there's no money for any of the prizes. you get a game or something, idk. I'm not in charge of the event, I'm just running the smash tournaments. even if you're only a maybe, you should pre-register, so if you do come, it's $10 off

we need more people!

come to surrey this friday or saturday and we can do it. Also, I'm having a brawl event on saturday, come to that too.
when? give me more details.

dude, im not planning to pay 15 bucks for a brawl tournament ...

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Smashfest is confirmed for this Saturday.

Best way to contact me is through FB, so please go ahead and confirm your attendance. I am pretty sure I can provide two TVs, but I need setups.

It'd be nice to see Sion come out, since he lives 7 minutes walking lol. We could even have our moneymatch.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Oh dangit. Not much I can do about that, Geist :(. Might be able to change it up for other times, but this time it's def. 2pm.

Icy, I don't consider smash to be gambling at all. But even so, the theological truth is to be wise with your money. Spending a few bucks losing to a friend on a game is not misuse of money. Do come out, man! Bring a console while you're at it.

Guys, if there's enough interest in these smashfests it could develop into a tournament in August (after Genesis, when hopefully people will be itching to play). It's a good opportunity to bring new smashers into the scene, too, since the venue is located near Langara College.

I have gone ahead and invited our old Vancouver players, who find it too far to go all the way to SFU to smash. It's closer to Richmond, too.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
It'll be downstairs in my church building, which is located at 40th Ave and Quebec Street. People can arrive at 2pm.

The room can comfortably hold 3 setups, and probably 4. I only have two TVs and 1 setup, so I need people to confirm themselves and let me know if they can bring a setup.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Im 100% not going to G2.

And my marvel team is She-Hulk/Wolv/Tron and Magneto/Zero/Wesker
Nice, Torpedo assist with She-Hulk there? Similar to one of mine as Deadpool/Wolve/Tron. Quick Work with Deadpool makes Tron scary on Point if she's snapped in. It's unblockable delishness. I think everyone has a Mag/something/Otg team. It's just too good. I got a Magneto/Hsien-Ko/Morrigan instead though, it's really really frustrating for everyone so I just don't play it, it's mean and boring. lol

Thanks for the quick reply too. At the moment, the only reason Dalts and I aren't 100% not going is cause my band was planning a Cali trip sometime so we could possibly double it up, doubt it though. Otherwise, if 2 peeps answer with YES in the next few days, we could plan for it in time. Best of luck whoever is already going to G2! :D

We might have an Okanagan smash tourney/hiking the mountains fest on the G2 weekend. Maybe we'll record something... maybe not. lol

Message on behalf of the Fellowship of the Valley "HI EVERYONE!"

PS: "YAH! YAH! YAHOOOO!"

I'll check in before the weekend, but after that, easier to reach me on facebook too. PEACE!

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I was going to drop in on Saturday to see what's up for Marvel cause Victa invited me to come watch. (John got me playing Marvel... he even donated a fightstick to me...) I wanted to check out Melee too but too bad it is on Friday - I have class.

If you guys need an after party though (and I'm mainly directing this at Adam cause I remember talking to him about music stuff before a LONG WAY back when we smashed at his apartment), Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren are going to be at Gossip on Friday night. I have tickets for $20.

GL at the tourney everyone, woo!

Top Bottom