• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Most people use Facebook to communicate. I don't enjoy that medium. Things are too unorganized and complicated to follow.
Very much agreed, not a fan of Facebook.

I think I'll be heading to Mothership this Sunday, a friend from Indonesia is visiting and it'd be fun to play Smash. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Same, you guys should have come out to Ooples tonight. Seibrik bodied everyone.

:gova:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Weeklies are on Friday's now? Huh, interesting. Also I don't know who Seibrik is...
Yeah and he was one of the better Meta Knight players in Brawl. He's from Florida.

Also you should start coming to the weeklies again. Everyone is wondering where you went. :(

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Also you should start coming to the weeklies again. Everyone is wondering where you went. :(
The game has been bringing up personal issues. Especially when I lose. I'm distancing myself from those situations to keep calm and avoid hurting others.

Last edited:

MikEffect

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikEffect
Thank you sir. By the way we have a sub-league for Austin but it's not being used. It can provide an additional PR, and seeding can be done automatically from there.
How can we start using that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That is a great Lightning avatar. Do you have the source pic?

Last edited:

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
Hey guys. I'm a competitive smasher from Austin as well but don't really attend too many locals. I hope I can change that in the future but for now I'd like to know if I can play anyone here via wifi.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey I'm gonna be moving to Austin, Texas in a while(possibly a few months to a year) and am wondering what games you all do? Are there any facebook groups I could join?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hey I'm gonna be moving to Austin, Texas in a while(possibly a few months to a year) and am wondering what games you all do? Are there any facebook groups I could join?
Yeah the Facebook group for Smash 4 is in the OP.

Barefoot

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBarefootGamer
This sounds awesome! I'm fairly new to the competitive scene but I'll do my best to stop by sometime, what times do y'all usually go to?

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Hype because more rookies, good stuff. Wish I could go to weeklies more often.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
My avatars are usually just from whatever last piece of media I consumed.

:gova:

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
GG's this past Sunday. Game 1 had me worried haha!
Oh yeah, definitely. I got a little cocky after game 1 and started playing completely braindead, along with the fact that your adaption is really good, I couldn't handle game 2 and 3. We gotta play again sometime, next time I won't underestimate you.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
It has finally happened, I've been recognized for my avatar skills. Gova be wary. I'm climbing the avatar tier list.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
breaking-news1.jpg

TGC 7 (April 9th 2016) MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT #5!

1. Sol (best Little Mac in USA) and Samsora (2nd best Peach in USA) have been confirmed for attending TGC 7! These two top players are on top of the already confirmed, Esam, MVD, PugWest, S2H, Meme and Joker.

2. There are only 14 days (exactly 2 weeks) left to register for TGC 7. Though the event is April 9th, I am cutting off registration for Singles and Doubles on April 6th so that all of you can see your pools/brackets/seeding before the event starts and we can make any changes if needed.

3. Online registration for TGC 7 is REQUIRED. There will be ZERO offline/in-person sign-ups. If you wish to attend TGC 7, please sign up at https://smash.gg/tournament/tgc-7-1 Please note that you MUST have a smashgg account in order to register for TGC 7. Its takes less than 2min to make an account.

4. TGC 7 1vs1 (singles) has a player cap of 192 entrants and it has already hit over 1/3 capacity. TGC 7 2vs2 (doubles) has a cap of 64 teams and has hit 18% capacity but will be at 42% once the already registered players confirm teammates. TGC series has an average of over 200 1vs1 entrants per event and 60 teams in 2vs2 and so this event WILL absolutely cap. Please don't wait, register now and guarantee yourself a spot.

NOTE: Remember to "invite" your partner through smashgg using only their smashgg username to confirm your team. If you do not invite your partner, you won't be allowed to play in teams.

5. There will be a $500 pot bonus for singles (1vs1) at TGC 7. If doubles (2vs2) caps by April 1st 2016 (8 days away), I will add $500 pot bonus to that event.

6. The venue now has wired internet and thus a stream, brought to you by FNS Trela, will be at TGC 7. Go to the TGC 7 smashgg page for more details on the stream.

7. There is a SET schedule for TGC 7. More details will be given out once online registration has ended (April 6th) but for now the TGC 7 event times are on the event page: www.smash.gg/tournament/TGC-7-1

8. We have sponsors, vendors, partners and other special things for TGC. Check the TGC 7 smashgg page for more info.

9. I have multiple OOS players I am going to announce in the coming weeks so stay tuned! For now though, check this out:

Pugwest, Rhode Island, Best Marth in USA.
Esam, South Carolina, Best Pikachu in USA.
MVD, Florida, Top 3 Diddy/Best Florida player.
Samsora, Louisiana, 2nd best Peach in USA.
Sol, Florida, Best Little Mac in the USA.
S2H, Cali, Elite Metaknight.
True Blue, Florida.
Fuji, Illinois.
Nicole & Arma Missouri.
Joker & Meme Mexico
CaptainZack & CrashLopez, Louisiana.

10. A new character challenge has been issued! The Little Mac/Shulk/DK challenge!! Any player who reaches top 5 going ONLY DK/Mac/Shulk OR a combination of DK/Little Mac/Shulk will receive an extra $50 on top of your normal winnings.

11. For those that bring FULL setups (WiiU+TV+Smash4+adapter) that i end up using, i will refund you your entire venue fee ($10). For those that bring a HALF setup (WiiU+TV+adapter OR just a TV) i will refund you half of your veue fee ($5). The more setups we have the more friendlies and MMs we can get done. Please help me out. I need it badly.

12. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me on twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ), FB (Allan Xyro Sims), Smashboards (Xyro77) and email (was7x@hotmail.com). TTN GrimTurtle (Razer) and TTN founder Tesh have joined team TGC and are here to assist you in anyway possible.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
So I haven't done this in a while (been out of the game for the most part), but I'm going to try to get back on posting the PR top 20 every time a new PR is released. There are a few new faces in Austin that I haven't really played against yet, so let me know who the mains are on some of the people I'm missing/incorrect on, and I'll update as needed! Same thing goes for people who have added/changed mains.

Without further ado, here's the current Season 4 PR (3/30/15):
1) Hakii :4corrinf:
2) MikEffect :4ness:
3) SaSSy :4rob:
4) Savage :4sheik:
5) Gova :4kirby::4cloud:
6) Mugen :4zss:
7) Magik :4wario2:
8) Zay :4link:
9) TheRusBus :4marth:
10) Dozingleaf :4olimar:
11) PWii :4metaknight::4marth:
12) Doombase :4mario::4littlemac:(Not sure on this one. I am pretty sure I have seen him playing Mario though)
13) Evilblue :4fox::4sheik:
14) Tio :4myfriends:
15) Locuan :4mario::4zss::4marth::4robinm::4ryu:
16) FX :4littlemac:
17) Dragonite :4luigi::4metaknight:
18) JayDee :4cloud: (Could be wrong; this is just what I heard. I haven't played or watched JayDee since he returned to the scene)
19) EasyApe :4greninja:
20) AoS | MassKirbycide :4megaman::4kirby::4cloud:

Character usage in the top 20:
3x: :4marth::4cloud:
2x: :4mario::4kirby::4sheik::4littlemac::4zss::4metaknight:
1x: :4corrinf::4ness::4rob::4wario::4link::4olimar::4fox::4luigi::4greninja::4megaman::4robinm::4ryu::4myfriends:

It's interesting that Austin still doesn't really too much gravitation toward top tiers. With Marth being perhaps the most-used character, along with multiple Kirbies and Macs in the top 20 (and plenty of other characters!), there's still good diversity here! Perhaps most significantly, there aren't any prominent Bayonettas. Given that /r/smashbros has been complaining loudly about her lately, I do wonder if it's only a matter of time before someone starts to really pick up Bayo and pick up more results. I guess only time will tell!

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Whoa, bro. I remember Nick's Metaknight coming out to play.
Is Hakii dropping Lucas?
And does Savage still Sheik after the nerf? He told me he couldn't use her anymore.

Also, take me off of that PR please. I'm almost certainly not entering again for a few months.

EDIT: This Fire Emblem theme, though

Last edited:
Top Bottom