• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The tourneys are gonna be no customs until after LTC3. We're gonna vote whether or not were gonna have them afterwards.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
The tourneys are gonna be no customs until after LTC3. We're gonna vote whether or not were gonna have them afterwards.
Gotcha.

From what you've heard of the general consensus, do you think Austin's gonna keep customs? Would you vote for or against them?

While they do throw in a ton of jank, it mixes up the game and I think I'd be for customs.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'm personally for customs but it seems the majority in Austin is against them. We only had them on so people could practice for EVO.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it seems like most of Austin is against customs, although most of the people going against them locally haven't really provided any reason why they are against them. Kinda sucks, but vanilla Smash is still fun, so whatevs.

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
He's actually not TOO insanely hard to play. He's a bit straight forward with approaches, but ultimately he is a read the **** out of you like a Jedi and punish you hard kind of character.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
I played a bit of Meta Knight early on, but he just felt like everything he did wasn't impactful, except his fsmash which requires the hardest of reads. I'm thinking of picking up a higher tier character to cover up my bad MUs as Shulk, though I really don't know who and it's bothering me lol

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
Unfortunately I don't ever play Shulk to know who he has a hard time with. Besides Sheik who else gives him a hard time?

beastwarrior119

Smash Rookie
NNID
bbabin
3DS FC
2251-7322-3547
I played a bit of Meta Knight early on, but he just felt like everything he did wasn't impactful, except his fsmash which requires the hardest of reads. I'm thinking of picking up a higher tier character to cover up my bad MUs as Shulk, though I really don't know who and it's bothering me lol
Meta Knight is fun to play. I played him a bit also, and I can agree with you that fsmash is not as rewarding as you should expect. But after brawl, how could you expect for Meta Knight to high tier?

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Because Sakurai should have kept his creation at the top. rip MK, you could have been great again.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Unfortunately I don't ever play Shulk to know who he has a hard time with. Besides Sheik who else gives him a hard time?
Definitely Ness and Rosa, I think it's just other defensive characters that can out-wall Shulk.

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Mid tiers then? Doesn't change much, they still have mostly bad matchups against the top tiers (which are the most used characters)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
People don't read major section subtitles. Regional zones says "discussion topics for your region" and nobody ever thinks they should find out what's going on in their area. :(

:gova:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, I thought you might because your name is beastwarrior which is a type in Yugioh.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Oh, I thought you might because your name is beastwarrior which is a type in Yugioh.
Yeah, he's one of my friends at weeklies, but not the friend who lost his phone.

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Yeah.... losing a phone is just bottom tier play style. You have to be nerfed to MK's extent to be that O'scrubby ;)
Thought we established that MK isn't as bad as we think he is, and this is no place to bring in personal conflicts.

Gmoney.

Last edited:

beastwarrior119

Smash Rookie
NNID
bbabin
3DS FC
2251-7322-3547
Thought we established that MK isn't as bad as we think he is, and this is no place to bring in personal conflicts.

Gmoney.
1st off, a joke
2nd off, MK might not be bad, but he was still hella nerfed from Brawl. No doubt about that
3rd off, 1v1 me

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's fine, the fewer the people that
know about me picking up meta knight the better.

:gova:

Last edited:
Top Bottom