• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Good stuff today guys! Will try to have results thread up tomorrow, I am super tired after SXSW stuff afterwards. Thanks to all the out of town players for showing up and like BlueNinjaKoopa said, no Diddys in top 8! Now that I think about it I don't think I saw any Diddys at all.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Ggs today guys. It was great seeing all of you and I hope to come back soon. Everyone seemed to be on their A game today. Especially you Nick! Move that Kirby up in the tier list!

Also a special shoutout to the birthday boy for teaming with me. Thanks again.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Your Ganon terrified me, well all Ganon's scare me, not only because he out ranges me on the ground but I have the propensity to be read easily and so I die in like three hits. :(

:gova:

edit: @ mattatat mattatat , thanks for TO'ing! I don't know if you ever get thanked but I appreciate the fact that you made sure things ran smoothly. It's hard work.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

TGC 2 SmashBoards Tournament Page
http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx.394551/#post-18744580

Hey, guys! Xyro here. Houston/Texas largest tournament series (TGC) is having its 2nd event about 34 days from now. For this event, i am doing several major changes so PLEASE PLEASE read this post. It is VERY important, dont skip over it.

I have opened online registration for TGC 2 so please click here to register/pay for 1vs1 smash wiiu (be sure to include your gamer tag when you register) https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PJ92WLG8SCW5S you also need to pay the venue fee and that can be found here http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/tgc2

So with your venue fee and 1vs1 fee paid for, you are 110% entered into TGC 2 and i will post your pool/bracket a few days before the event so that you can see who you face and be able to prepare for it if need be. If you do not pay online, you can still pay offline but you will not be seeded and you will be thrown into pools/bracket at random. This means you may play your best friend round 1.

The purpose of me doing online registration this time is to get you guys seeded into pools/brackets ahead of time so that you can walk into the venue, check-in and start playing matches much soon than before. This also means we can leave the venue earlier than before too.

One final thing, the rules for TGC 2 have gone through a MAJOR change. Wireless controller rules, stage rules and much more have changed. PLEASE read the rules asap because these changes have to do with every person entering TGC 2.

If you have any questions, please post in the TGC 2 thread on smashboards and/or in the TGC 2 Facebook group.

FacookeB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I guess I missed all the fun. I need to refresh this tab more often. =/
Again, if you guys want to do smashfests I have plenty of room at my place, just let me know via text or skype.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I keep meaning to post shoutouts and such, but I fell asleep yesterday and today was busy. Work in six hours, so I'll write them out tomorrow. ^^;
That was really fun, and I love seeing you guys doing so well!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Eventually the results will be posted I think? Maybe not full Smashboards results, but I think they usually post the challonge bracket and top 3 on the Facebook page.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Hey! Sorry, I got caught up with irl stuff today and just got home. I will have results up tomorrow when I get off work.
You think we could upload the matches from this monthly and the last one to YouTube, as well as perhaps from the past couple Dragon's Lair tournaments? Twitch is too glitchy.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know that marth's tag from the tourney? He teamed with a mega man and was playing Locuan in friendlies near the end of the tourney. Just wanted to know because his marth was the best I've played aside from KJs.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's TheRusBus. He and I play friendlies usually once a week or so. He's also got a decent Captain Falcon, but he doesn't tend to pull it out in tournaments, for some reason.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I keep missing the customs events, really wanna show you guys my custom Dr. Mario. v__v Astronomy keeps getting in the way.

Good **** to everyone who made it into top 8. :)

Last edited:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
I keep missing the customs events, really wanna show you guys my custom Dr. Mario. v__v Astronomy keeps getting in the way.

Good **** to everyone who made it into top 8. :)
It's funny because I was playing with SaSSy the other night and he was using Dr. Mario w/ customs. You guys are twinsies.

Audio/Volatile

Smash Rookie
NNID
GazerTheGamer
3DS FC
4468-1089-8561
Hey guys! I'm Reece, or A/V or Audio if you prefer. I'm new to Smashboards and the competitive scene, and I just found this thread a little while ago. That being said, I would love to be a part of the Austin Sm4sh community and maybe give a shot at some tournaments! I would like to know if those Monday night games at Dragon's Lair are still going on, because I'm only a half hour away and should be able to make it if they're still going on. Oh yeah, and I main the Yellow Eating Disorder. Hope to play some of you guys soon!

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
Always great to have new faces around. I believe the way the Dragon's Lair weeklies work is that every other week there is an entry fee of $2, with the other interval being free entry. I don't think we have any Pac Man mains so it's awesome to have some diversity. See you around

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
@ PantyRaider08 PantyRaider08 , @ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate , Here's a mini-results things, the challonge bracket has the full results in terms of placing and who played who, but not character results.

http://challonge.com/etpnknjl

1. Savage :4sheik:
2. Gova :4kirby:
3. BloodyBoom :4falcon:
4. DozingLeaf :4olimar:
5. Blue NinjaKoopa :4rob:
5. Thinc :4pikachu:
7. Magik :4wario:
7. MassKirbycide :4megaman:

I thought we got a results thread up. My bad. Also, good luck to everyone going to Aftershock. SaSSy got ZeRo in his pool :p

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, if there was one I didn't see it. Is it a smashboards thread? It definitely wasn't posted on Facebook.

Audio/Volatile

Smash Rookie
NNID
GazerTheGamer
3DS FC
4468-1089-8561
Always great to have new faces around. I believe the way the Dragon's Lair weeklies work is that every other week there is an entry fee of $2, with the other interval being free entry. I don't think we have any Pac Man mains so it's awesome to have some diversity. See you around
Haha, thanks for the info! I don't have much competitive experience so I'll most likely get slaughtered by you guys, but I'm still looking forward to it. Should be a lot of fun, and a good learning experience!

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Oh, if there was one I didn't see it. Is it a smashboards thread? It definitely wasn't posted on Facebook.
I thought one of the other TOs posted it to smashboards which is why I didn't make a post on FB. Looks like I was wrong!

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
Ah I recognize him, didn't realize he mained Pac man tho. Seen him use a lot of characters.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Sometimes I forget to do it. :( I'm actually surprised how many people use it when I do a name search.

:gova:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
smash_bros__4___mewtwo_strikes_back__by_r_one_92-d7xupel.png

Introducing the Mewtwo/DuckHunt Challenge!!

Go to the TGC 2 thread and check out post #26 for more info about the challenge. While you are there, don't forget to pre-register online for 1vs1 (please include your gamer tag when registering) and venue at the top of the page so that you can be correctly seeded and placed into pools/brackets before you walk into the venue. Pre-registration will end 3 days before TGC 2. In person registration with no seeding will commence on the day of TGC 2. If you have any questions about the challenge or registration, please post in the TGC 2 thread.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to team for a San Marcos tourney tomorrow let me know. Tourney starts at 2. I'll check smashboards in the morning.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
come to san antonio instead
I would have but I came to SM for 2 of my friends' birthdays from my hometown which is 2 hrs away. I didn't want to drive out of the way and then come back to SM. Plus this will finish a lot sooner, so I can start drinking after tourney.

Top Bottom