• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I think you mean to say

"YOU WIN THIS ROUND, MISTER BOND!"

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Zigsta has to be stopped.

BRB, researching link between Disney and pedophilia

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
On an unrelated note, a lot of the animes I'm watching right now got new openings/endings over the past few days.

Naruto Shippuden: New opening & ending (Opening 9 and Ending 17)
One Piece: New opening (Opening 14)
Detective Conan: New ending (Ending 38)

Awesome. None of them are even bad. =D

EDIT: I just realized... the previous Detective Conan ending lasted only 8 episodes. That's almost a new record for least used ending. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I actually enjoyed the new OP opening. However, if I ever catch or hear Ricky singing it, I won't be able to listen to the song in the same way ever again.

And Japanese people, please stop singing in English...you just sound bad.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^TOO BAD. I still have plenty of room on my One Piece Openings CD for another song.

By the way, best opening since opening 10, in my opinion.

Also, Japanese people singing English in their songs can sometimes sound good... it depends on the lyrics and and singer. For example, I think the singer for Naruto Shippuden's 4th opening did it really well (heck, I didn't even notice a hint of a Japanese accent in the English parts), but some other songs it definitely sounds like total Engrish (although I don't think it takes away from the song most of the time).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Bored would hate Black Lagoon's intro.
The entire thing is sung in English by Japanese singers.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^I'm going... but who's going to be driving if neither Chris nor Shaun are going? ._.

Ricky, that's because the singer lived in America or was born in America. He then moved back to Japan.
That's actually really interesting to know.

As an added note, for some weird reason whenever I hear back-up singers singing English in Japanese songs they always sound better than the main singer. :laugh:

IG88

Smash Cadet
hey guys, zigsta is gonna be out for a while due to his forearms. doctor said he overused them and needs to give them 2-6 weeks to heal. he also said to tell you that he probably isn't gonna be able to make it to outer heaven

EDIT-- he also said he can most likely host next week, but he won't be on here to check so we just need to hit him up and he'll let us know if he can

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
How did he get it anyways? I don't think Smash is rigorous enough to cause carpal tunnel. If anything I bet it was Mario Party's fault.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^Highway robbery right there.

Well, I assume Chris writes a lot, so I actually don't find it too surprising he got carpal-tunnel syndrome. Carpal-tunnel syndrome can actually be fatal under extreme conditions, so it's best if he doesn't do any writing or anything physically involving his hands until he recovers.

I hope he recovers quickly so he can go back to playing Brawl and writing awesome screenplays. :)

Mike2

Smash Ace
^Highway robbery right there.
You've got to be kidding. TELL ME you're not complaining about 2 bucks when I'm doing you a favor and going 15 mins out of my way(30 total. And that's just one way) to pick you up. On a really busy highway like I-35 no less. Last time I checked gas still costs money. Not to mention I've undercharged you for a lot of the trips these past few months. Sometimes not not even getting back all the gas money I use. Tell me you were being sarcastic. Because that's just ridiculous.

/post workout testosterone rant

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well if anything, I hope this doesn't back fire on Chris' school work. It would suck if he fell behind, because he can't type/write. I just hope he will be ready for HoM2.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Collin can you post your address, please.

*Chris, do you ever play video games on your stomach looking up at the tv? This position places a lot of strain on your hands and forearms in my experience(not to mention your neck). A few times after playing I was getting bad pain in my tendons the next couple of days. Didn't know why at first but I realized it was only after days I played games laying in this position. I stopped doing it and haven't had any problems since.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I died of Carpal Tunnel. It was sad.

Mike3, could you tell Chris that I posted in the S.S. for him?

And Mike2, can't you just take 71 up there? I'm not saying that he has a right to complain or anything (because he DEFINITELY doesn't), but it might be fasterish.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ricky should take a cab.

Carpal Tunnel can be some scary stuff. Personally, if I ever feel any uncomfort in my hands, I just stop playing, typing, etc.

Chris, you gotta go hardcore with that rehab and get treatment 24/7 to be ready for next week's smashfest.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
71 intersects 35. Doesn't go anywhere near campus unfortunately. He COULD take manchaca to Lamar and Lamar to 45 to joels...

As for my place, just take 35 south to exit 206 (aquarena springs). Exit and do a U-turn at light. I'm literally the first right turn after the u-turn, and gps sends you some weird place or my address doesn't even show up.

And I'm almost 90% sure Ricky was joking. But this is coming from a guy who charges his friends for food he is going to throw away...

:phone:

Mike2

Smash Ace
71 intersects 35. Doesn't go anywhere near campus unfortunately. He COULD take manchaca to Lamar and Lamar to 45 to joels...

As for my place, just take 35 south to exit 206 (aquarena springs). Exit and do a U-turn at light. I'm literally the first right turn after the u-turn, and gps sends you some weird place or my address doesn't even show up.

And I'm almost 90% sure Ricky was joking. But this is coming from a guy who charges his friends for food he is going to throw away...

:phone:
What is the right called? And is the u-turn right after a Texas Roadhouse?

Top Bottom