• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The aura should never die! A Lucario's Guide

The aura should never die! A Lucario's Guide

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Eeveecario Eeveecario If it pushes people to the top easier the BAir combo should probably be as easy or easier than it was in earlier patches. If you're frame perfect you could land it on a 126% Mario. Also an option if they mash jump.

Here's some calcs (does not take rage into consideration):
Did some calcs thanks to Eeveecario Eeveecario 's hitstun calculator...

At 0% same stock...
Mario needs to be at 126% for ASC to do 20 frames of hitstun from a 0% Lucario.
Prepatch Mario would have to be at 110% for there to be 20 frames of hitstun if Luc was at 0%.

If both Mario and Lucario are at 70%...
One tick of ASC does 16 frames of hitstun. Which would still be a situational JCU combo.
Prepatch... if both characters were at 70% ASC would do 17 frames of hitstun.

Prepatch Mario would have to be at 44% for 15 frames of hitstun, a perfect JCU.
Now Mario has to be at 54% for that to happen.

I'd advise going for JCUs probably when the opponent is at least 10-15% higher than what we've been doing prepatch. FF BAir should be a decent option if you're worried the person will fall out behind you especially with a faster fall & air speed.
Your guide is the only guide I'd recommend to other Lucarios.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
With matchups, I see Mario and Luigia are bad matchups as well as characters who can KO early. DK, Gdorf. anyone who can kill Lucario early not giving Lucario a chance to build up Aura. Is there a list, beside this guide, that give a detailed list on his best to worst matchups?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
With matchups, I see Mario and Luigia are bad matchups as well as characters who can KO early. DK, Gdorf. anyone who can kill Lucario early not giving Lucario a chance to build up Aura. Is there a list, beside this guide, that give a detailed list on his best to worst matchups?
There's no list because they kept on changing him in patches and because Aura can change a MU like night and day.

It is generally accepted that Mario, Rosa, Sheik, and Fox are our worst matchups. I don't think anyone has truly mastered Lucario yet though because of if we survive to lol Aura percents.... Perhaps we should get a number of Lucarios together and get a consensus on things.

Top Bottom