• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I think it would be
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
In brawl the pokemon trainer counts as one character just like Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zamus
To be fair Sakurai counts Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard as seperate characters, same goes for Sheik & ZSS.
Brawl didn't have 35, but 39 characters in Sakurai's eyes

Gune

Smash Lord

Soon....Soon....

In further news Mega Lucario was banned and put in ubers... I dont if should be happy because hes OP or sad hes banned.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

It looks like they're beginning to polish Lucarios animations a bit more. Also loud annoying monkey Diddy confirmed too I guess.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
6198218a660c783b0d496b7bcd4b20ab-gif-of-the-day-lucarios-slam-dunk.gif

No comment...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Might be awhile before I buy this game. I just realized I'm literally broke. >_>; Hope they release a bundle pack in the future.

And normally I wouldn't care, but Lucario being back is making me wanna buy this game. Uber-badly. Meeh... _-_;

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Lucario fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters from the Pokemon series that you can vote on include any that were in brawl last time (Lucario is fine, Mewtwo is not). The only character that is definitely making it onto the card is Pikachu, but there's still time to vote for Jigglypuff (who is borderline), Pokemon Trainer, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Lucario (who all need some serious support right now). I would really appreciate your guys' feedback if you're willing to give it.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I submitted my votes there. But I couldn't see if it saved my votes correctly?

Anyway dammit I can't believe Lucario didn't get at least 30 votes :/

Gune

Smash Lord
So apparently Sean schemmel was at the Adelaide comic con and mentioned he was doing Lucarios voice for smash.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Has he voiced him before?
He voiced him in the Lucario movie, which was the only time he did it as after that, Bill Rogers took over for the character.

It's nice to hear they're getting him back as personally, while I like Bill Rogers, I more enjoyed Sean's take on the character.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I just realized that in the direct he showed that Lucario's extreme speed now has a hitbox to it! :bee:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
This character....hmmm

Whilst I'm happy with his presence in the game and think he's a great Pokemon, I'm not happy with the design direction they took him in. It takes an already stupid design idea and makes it even dumber to the point of insanity.

I personally didn't like Lucario's design as well as his overall aesthetic. First of all, some of his vBrawl animations were terrible (his run is one that immediately comes to mind, that's quite possibly the stupidest looking run animation ever). For a Steel/Fighting type very few of his moves felt all that powerful. I get they were going for a more elegant "tai-chi" approach but personally I don't think they captured it all that well and a lot of his moves just come off looking weak and feeble. Then there's his whole aura system. I understand that in Brawl it functioned as a double edged sword, but the fact that the character largely rewards you for taking damage just seems backasswards to me. Surely a player should be rewarded for not getting hit? This design philosophy conflicts with not only itself but with how Smash fundamentally should work. Alongside his janky, disjointed hitboxes his design overall just came off as rather toxic, counterintuitive and antithetical to Smash's design.

However, at least the character had deliberate weaknesses. His floatiness and mediocre recovery hurt his lastability at least due to his Up B not having a hitbox (though good DI was a huge reward for this character so that's a good note in Lucario's favour I guess). This is not the case with Smash 4 Lucario.

Smash 4 Lucario not only takes the design to a greater extreme, but also removes a large part of the weaknesses. Lucario's aura has been buffed significantly as stated multiple times by Sakurai and this is actually shown rather precisely at one point in the direct. Go to 8:05 of the April 8th direct and you see Lucario deal a BAir against Luigi that deals 17% (he goes from 126% to 143%) whilst Lucario is at 105%. To give you an idea of how that is comparative to Brawl, the maximum BAir could deal in Brawl was 16% and that was only at maximum aura (167%+). That's a pretty crazy power increase. Then is the fact that his recovery got significantly buffed not only in terms of distance but also because it has a hitbox now meaning it's not as easy to intercept. And all this is under the thesis that if players power up too much they'll overshoot how they recover? News flash Sakurai, there are good players out there who will actually learn how to not do this. It's like how in Melee Fox and Falco were designed around the assumption that players using them would SD frequently. Unless actual weaknesses have been established on this character he's going to be completely ridiculous.

Oh well, at least he looks a lot more polished in terms of visual quality. His aura graphics look really cool and a lot of his animations look better.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
I finally picked up Pokemon Y this past weekend and the first time Lucario mega-evolves was awesome!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My thoughts exactly :p

*high fives for same avi*
*high fives back*

But seriously, if Mewtwo doesn't come... I have a little movie saved on my computer. Anyone remember that scene in Lord of The Rings: Two Towers when the Ents break the dam to wash out the Orcs?

It's too perfect.

RELEASE THE RIVER!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
*high fives back*

But seriously, if Mewtwo doesn't come... I have a little movie saved on my computer. Anyone remember that scene in Lord of The Rings: Two Towers when the Ents break the dam to wash out the Orcs?

It's too perfect.

RELEASE THE RIVER!
Hey, hey why be so competitive? Why can't we have both? Jiggs is out before Mewtwo. Its completely irrelevant, not very popular both in Pokemon and in Smash, and many people use it as a punching bag more than they play as it. Tack on its near cut from Brawl, its terrible Brawl competitive performance (although it was very good in Melee) complemented by a terrible Down B, a huge aerial power nerf, and arguably the worst FS, and its clear that Sakurai isn't giving Jiggs much love anymore. Three time vet or not, the heavily requested, immensely popular and refreshingly relevant (movie, X and Y, mega, sig attack in gen 5 etc.) Mewtwo is going to get the nod first. Its unlikely Sakurai would show every rep from Pokemon before the game's release, so we can bank on one more (yes I know Mario had 5 revealed reps already) being in and unlockable, and if its not Mewtwo, then I'll be blown away. And if they're both in, Mewtwo fans may get the last laugh if he ends up being higher tier than Luc. Don't get too overconfident. That said, both would be awesome.

And yeah, I know you're only mocking if he DOESN'T make it, but I'm saying you should root for him too so they can both be in, and the Luc and M2 fans can go head to head in an ultimate grudge match at tourneys or in casual. If Mewtwo's in, you guys can relish in beating on him as Luc, and vice versa. Having both will only make both fanbases more excited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom