• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arcade Shuts Down: Arcade Rabbit For Super Smash Bros Ultimate thread!

Does he have a chance to get in Smash 5?

• Yes, as a playable character

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • In a Non-Playable role (Assist Trophy)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

This is the Support thread for Badge Bunny... Arcade Rabbit... Batio... I'm actually not sure on his name, I've seen 5 or so floating around. Anyway, he was the central character for the "Nintendo Badge Arcade", a 3DS app that was released in 2014/2015 and received constant updates until mid-2017. And don't think that they stopped updates due to poor sales, they stopped because they couldn't fit any more data on the 3DS. With a relatively successful outing on the 3DS, I can see Sakurai adding him as a surprise character, like Wii Fit Trainer.

As for moveset potential, he has more at face value then the Duck Hunt Dog, Wii Fit Trainer, Rob, and Captain Falcon, and look at how Sakurai did that.

• The Badges themselves (For example, a stabbing Link for side tilt)
  • Various other things from the Arcade (Hammer catcher for Side Smash, Bomb for a special, Macho expression for Up-Smash, etc).
  • Other stuff from 3DS stuff (Think stuff that wouldn't get playable representation, like Face Raders, Street Pass, etc)
His odds aren't great, but I still find him a decently expectable character and the leader of the WTF category (Hypocritical, I know). But what do you think?

UPDATE: He was revealed as an Assist Trophy at E3, RIP

Supporter List

1. PeridotGX PeridotGX
  2. MrReyes96 MrReyes96
  3. fogbadge fogbadge
  4. AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
  5. DBPirate DBPirate
  6. Originality Originality
  7. YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  8. Ghirahilda Ghirahilda
  9. DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin
  10. Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
  11. RosaPeach RosaPeach
  12. smashkirby smashkirby

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Yes please
I’d love to see him in the game
Playable or not

And he already has a final smash ready for the battle

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If there is a bunny that deserves to be playable, it’s him.

I support.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see the Arcade Bunny in Smash! There's just something mischievous about him that I really like. I definitely support him.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I personally call him Badger, Badger the Rabbit

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Arcade Rabbit will be better than Rabbids defiantly wait I got a question is Arcade Bunny is a mii character.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I never got into badge arcade(I tend to avoid these freenium games) but the character himself is a lot of fun.

I had no idea about all the weird transformations he's got, that alone is enough to want to root for him. Sign me up!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This thread's gotten a lot more traction than I expected! By the end of next week I'll have a stage for him posted.

(Also, to everyone who's commented but didn't say they supported him, I added you to the list. Let me know if you want to be removed).

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So here's the stage, albeit a bit late.
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Contest12.png
The Nintendo Badge Arcade is (was?) an app for the 3DS, released in 2014 in Japan, 2015 elseware. In it, you could play crane minigames to obtain badges to decorate your 3DS Home Menu. The badges came from a wide variety of games, and when they stopped making new badges in 2017 they had over 8,800 badges.

In the above picture, this stage looks incredibly bland, but that's before the central gimmick comes into play. Remember how I mentioned how they made almost 9,000 badges?
Contest12 2.png

They're the central part of the stage. Whenever you load the stage, a random selection of badges make up platforms for extra footing. The platforms are able to be jumped through, and don't have any properties you would think they'd have (For instance, the bricks don't break). Every 35-40 seconds, a badge bomb appears and explodes. It doesn't do any damage, but makes the badges fall off the sides (If only that happened in the real game...) and it changes to a different layout.

Notes: Thank goodness the image thing got solved before I started making the stage. I am probably going to post a few more layouts.

Contest12 3.png

Damn that sucks. . .but hey, an AT is more than I expected.

Shame we dont get to see much of his personality from the looks of it. I think a stage would have fit better but it's better than nothing.
:061:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I definitely support.

I wonder if his design was inspired by the old rabbit coaster toy artwork from the 60s when Nintendo exclusively made toys. That’d be pretty cool.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sometimes, I wonder if the Arcade Bunny was subtly hinting to us to vote for him in the Smash Ballot, what with the way he alluded to being in Smash sometimes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes, I wonder if the Arcade Bunny was subtly hinting to us to vote for him in the Smash Ballot, what with the way he alluded to being in Smash sometimes.
myabe, but hey the way the ballot worked he probably had a couple votes

along with everything else under the sun

Oddball

Smash Lord
The Bunny could have been a fun character, but I think he works nicely as an assist.

Top Bottom