• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Apex GANON GAUNTLET Thread - NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
As some of you may remember, I mentioned the idea of a Ganon Gauntlet in our APEX thread. THIS thread brings the idea to life.

THE GANON GAUNTLET

In this brutal trial, challengers take on a gauntlet of SEVEN of the world's top Ganondorfs in a series of 1 stock, best of 1 sets (3 mins, 10 LGL). Can you survive?

Rules:
- Either $5, $10, or $20 to enter the gauntlet. You win $10, $25, or $50 respectively if you successfully defeat every Ganon. (subject to change)
- The Gauntlet will take place over the course of one day. The time/date has yet to be decided, but it will be finalized by the time APEX comes.
- Each Ganon chooses his own stage (from the APEX stagelist)
- Ganoncides ALWAYS count as a win for Ganon.
- Challengers are not character locked--pick whoever you want. MK legal.
- If the challenger leaves the Gauntlet for any reason, it counts as a forfeit. Make sure you have no matches to play before starting the Gauntlet. We will try to hold the Gauntlet during a long period of downtime so it doesn't interfere with matches.
- Challengers are first come first serve. There will likely be a signup list at the tournament to facilitate this.
- More rules to come if there are any questions.
The main purpose of this thread is to decide which Ganons will be featured in the Ganon Gauntlet.

If you're interested in lending your beard to the Gauntlet, post in this thread. Just say that you want to be in, and give a bit of background info about your Ganon. No novels or anything... I know most of the top Ganon players in the country so I don't need too much info.

Please note that I will be judging based on skill alone. There is a lot of money on the line, so I'm not giving priority to Ganon mains over Ganon secondaries. Plus it's important to have some of Brawl's "big names" in the crew so that we can create some hype.

I'm not entirely sure how we'll split the winnings--I'd imagine that 90% or so will be split evenly by the 7 main Ganons, and the remaining 10% will be split among the subs. This is subject to change though, tell me what you guys think.

Keep in mind that in the off-chance that we LOSE money, this means that everyone's gotta pitch in to make up the deficit too. I really don't see any way this will happen, but I just want to make sure that everyone knows, just in case! If we ARE losing money, then we can stop before it gets too bad lol.

Here is everyone who is interested. The roster of the 7 Ganons + 3 subs will be finalized AT Apex.

APPLICANTS (in alphabetical order, *****es)

- Atomsk
- Bloodynite
- DLA
- Dueler X
- Gunblade
- Inui
- Izumi
- Mink
- Stingers
- Tearbear
- Vermanubis
- Vex Kasrani
- Xubble
- Zano
-
-

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
added Verm and Tearbear. keep the applications coming

Xubble

Smash Ace
If I magically gain sufficient funds to make it to Apex, I'd like to join in.

My Ganon isn't the best, but it's the best Ganon in at least my area. If I could play MetalPat, we could tell you who is the best Ganon in NYS. (I don't know of any other notable Ganons in NYS. >_>)

Regardless, I'm confident in my dark arts and can take on some scrubs. :ganondorf:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Bloodynite I haven't played you since like 09 (and that was wifi), so you may have to play some Ganon dittos to earn your spot on the main roster! That is, unless you can get some of the Ganons to vouch for you over the other Ganons.

It's gonna be really competitive to get on the list guys, be ready.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Bloodynite I haven't played you since like 09 (and that was wifi), so you may have to play some Ganon dittos to earn your spot on the main roster! That is, unless you can get some of the Ganons to vouch for you over the other Ganons.

It's gonna be really competitive to get on the list guys, be ready.
the only ganon who can vouch for me offline would be verm ever since i played him at Pound

and are you really taking account wifi matches? thats just stupid

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
No, you gotta play the Ganon dittos at APEX, not on wifi lol.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I can vouch for Bloody. He's definitely in the top 7 Ganons. Ideally, I think we should try to get:

DLA
Bloody
Fonz
Verm
Vex
Atomsk
Gunblade/Stingers

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Oh, I forgot Terry. Fonz isn't going I don't think, so Terry's just in his spot. Bloody used to have a lot of bad habits and issues in his playstyle, but he's since fixed 'em from what I've seen/can tell. I don't doubt that you're good, it's just that Bloody has great knowledge of Ganon, and with his recently improved skill-level, he'll be a boon. We need a bunch of diverse playstyles in the roster so people won't adapt.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well Verm's vouching for Bloody, but Stingers says he's better than Bloody. Doesn't help me much haha.

We'll have plenty of time at APEX to decide. I know Bloody and Stingers are both great Ganons and I'm sure you'll both at least be subs. Might have to prove yourselves to be in the main roster though, because I really haven't seen anything from either of you, excluding wifi.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont have any vids of my ganon but I use him a lot...I'll just play some of y'all at apex, let u decide

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Oh, I forgot Terry. Fonz isn't going I don't think, so Terry's just in his spot. Bloody used to have a lot of bad habits and issues in his playstyle, but he's since fixed 'em from what I've seen/can tell. I don't doubt that you're good, it's just that Bloody has great knowledge of Ganon, and with his recently improved skill-level, he'll be a boon. We need a bunch of diverse playstyles in the roster so people won't adapt.
thanks man

my habits really change alot depending on my mood and how much i know a certain MU

but that doesn't mean that i won't make you
BACK THE **** UP

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
I am consistant so I should be on here cuz I am a beast. <3

nah but really I think I should be on this. Verm, Vex, and Atomsk have seen me do work with Ganon. My Ganon also is respected on both coasts from high level players. I got my EC bros to vouch for me but guys like Rich Brown and MikeHaze can tell ya that my Ganon is beautiful.

and I ALMOST beat Fatal. lol

so yeah....

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't think I've ever actually seen your Ganon outside of the Ganon Challenge at KTAR, GB. Only matches I've really seen were the two videos of you versus Fatal.

I also wanna point out that if GB is put directly onto the list, then Bloody should as well. Not that I'm doubting GB, but we haven't seen anymore from GB than we have from Bloody, and Bloody has a similar reputation in his region, so under the premise that GB meets the standard, Bloody should as well.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
well right now I'm only going by what I've seen personally. I was watching Gunblade at Genesis 2 and I liked what I saw.

Just because Gunblade is on the roster and Bloody isn't doesn't mean Gunblade is better--it just means I know what the GunbladeDorf is about, as opposed to the BloodyDorf, which I've seen very little of!

Honestly I think I'm going to do away with the "main roster/subs/applicants" list I have right now... I'm just going to list everyone who's interested. And we'll hammer it out at APEX.

edit: done... it's in alphabetical order now so people will stop *****ing at me LOL

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
well right now I'm only going by what I've seen personally. I was watching Gunblade at Genesis 2 and I liked what I saw.

Just because Gunblade is on the roster and Bloody isn't doesn't mean Gunblade is better--it just means I know what the GunbladeDorf is about, as opposed to the BloodyDorf, which I've seen very little of!

Honestly I think I'm going to do away with the "main roster/subs/applicants" list I have right now... I'm just going to list everyone who's interested. And we'll hammer it out at APEX.

edit: done... it's in alphabetical order now so people will stop *****ing at me LOL
Yeah, that sounds fair.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Updates about the Ganon Gauntlet...

- Will happen Friday afternoon. This is because there are no Brawl events Fri (except AllBrawl) so there will be no tournament matches to interfere with our matches.

- I'm bringing a small dry erase board to keep track of things such as our roster, our list of challengers, and other data such as how many matches each Ganon has won, how much money we've won overall, etc.... however all of this won't fit on my small dry erase board.
SOOOOO if you have any dry erase board that you can fit in your luggage, I'd appreciate it if you brought it so we have more room to write.

- Make sure to make room in your wallets for the wads of cash we will be winning.

That is all.

Top Bottom