• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Anti ROB Support Haven. Come if you love ROB.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
ahh psycho i miss seeing your zerg eye in the geno thread.
anyhow,
i wanted to main wario simply because a lot of people disliked him.
seeing the reaction from people to ROB, i think i'll main him.

i actually take a liking to UNIQUE and FUN characters anyway.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
I like rob and I wish I had one to put in my room as a collectible.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
You guys are going to be as disappointed as Mewtwo from Melee.

Seriously. I have no idea how you can bear such a utter waste of a slot.

Dont get me wrong though. He had alot of good ways he could have been in, but seriously.

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
Add me to the list of Anti-Anti R.O.B.s. I think he's an important-even necessary-addition to the Smash Bros. series. You just can't have a series of games that reference's Nintendo's heritage without R.O.B.; it doesn't matter if he wasn't actually important. He's become a symbol for Nintendo, appearing in series like Pikmin and Mario Kart. I can best describe him, lovingly, as an in-joke, and in-joke which, if in Pikmin and Mario Kart, should also be in the Smash Bros. series. I hope he never leaves.

And, actually, I think I might main him.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I am a ROB lover. I was skeptical, but learned to love him after I saw the SSE footage.

ROB is an acronym, but it can be interpreted as something other than Robotic Operating Buddy.

R.O.B. - Rob Owns *****es

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I love R.O.B. I might even main him... after Wario.

I once read about R.O.B. in a "history of Nintendo" article, about 5 years ago.

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
I never expected R.O.B to be a playable character in Brawl, but once I found out, I was pschyed. Having this robot as a playable character is just so cool. ^_^

So, if R.O.B is top/high tier, then robots would rule Brawl as well as the known world!

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
I'm sorry, but ROB is a horrible character, and a ill guided attempt at representing Nintendo's past. Because it's not like Smash Bros. is about Nintendo's history. Or like Mr. Game & Watch was old or anything.

Seriously speaking though, ROB was a character I genuinely wanted since day one... I just kinda started putting other characters ahead of him, until I kind of stopped considering him for playable status. It didn't help that you have the enemy drone versions of him in SSE. And, eh, the 35-roster thing seemed a bit dodgy at the time due to lack of proof and Zelda getting more reps than Mario. (Which still really bugs me, but that's neither here nor there.)

NOBODY would've complained about him had he been revealed from when Brawl was first announced, yet when people began trying to push their own favorites more and more forward, if somebody was just a tiny bit off from the majority's expectations, BAM, instant hate and disdain for said character. I'm surprised that ROB seems to be the only character who falls into this category for most people, with Lucario, Toon Link and the rest of the confirmed newcomers being huge hits. That's a HUGE improvement from Melee, especially when only one of those characters is a clone, a couple a 'Luigi-fied' (for obvious reasons, as there's not much to differentiate them; Ness/ Lucas, Fox/ Falco) and the rest are unique. People just got greedy, and ROB had to take the heat.

It's Mr. G&W all over again. Hell, just like now, despite being 10 at the time I KNEW who and what Game & Watch represented when I first found out about him being in Melee, and loved his inclusion. People will get over ROB soon enough.
wait zelda has more reps than mario
zelda reps
zelda/sheik
toon link
link
ganondorf

mario reps
mario
luigi
bowser
peach
if you count sheik, zelda does have more reps, but if not than it's a tie?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I played some matches with Rob today and he's is just plain awesome! His moves are just very, very effective. And If you ask why Rob is in the game, first ask why Jigglypuff and Sheik did come back...

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
wait zelda has more reps than mario
zelda reps
zelda/sheik
toon link
link
ganondorf

mario reps
mario
luigi
bowser
peach
if you count sheik, zelda does have more reps, but if not than it's a tie?

You forgot Wario,Yoshi and DK who are also part of the mario series.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
You forgot Wario,Yoshi and DK who are also part of the mario series.
although they are considered mario characters, they are not from the mario franchise. that's why they have different icons (yoshi's is an egg, DK's are the letters DK, and Wario's is the W)

Top Bottom