• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The answer to being pressured when trying to get back on stage.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
More laser planking. :wolf:s don't laser plank enough. It's time to gay our game up. No one safely beats our laser planking. If they get too close then hilt will beat out all moves or we could just scar back on stage safely. Why don't we laser plank more?!?!?

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Blaster planking is super beatable. People just don't understand the concept of Wolf planking so they don't kill us for it lol.

But yeah, I blaster plank a decent amount, you have to be very quick on your ledge invincibility and retreat asap or else... serious trouble awaits :x it also pays off a LOT to learn the spacing for a lightstep after a blaster from the ledge, or at least make sure you're at a good enough angle to semiscar if your opponent tries to edgehog.

EDIT: Personal favorite, blaster plank > lightstep > AD right away and get your *** to the opposite ledge, rinse repeat :p

:059:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I just mix up my recovery, sometimes I use blaster planking, especially vs snake since he's usually trying to camp you and he WILL NOT come off stage 95% of the time.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ledge to onstage is a LOT harder for me than offstage to ledge =/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The best thing to do on Sv is to wait for the platform on Sv to land safely and get rid of LP with a bair. On Bf you can literally jump recovery to land on the top platform and will not land with LP (But you will still have it so land with a nair).

Getting back on stage when you have landing penalty is probably one of the hardest things to do (Especially over 100%).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
it depends on the character, if I'm playing D3 (sometimes MK), getting back on stage is the hardest thing to do in the game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The best thing to do on Sv is to wait for the platform on Sv to land safely and get rid of LP with a bair. On Bf you can literally jump recovery to land on the top platform and will not land with LP (But you will still have it so land with a nair).

Getting back on stage when you have landing penalty is probably one of the hardest things to do (Especially over 100%).

^ vital vs Snake

Rizen

Smash Legend
I plank for short periods of time and usually get in some free damage.
There are characters who can safely beat planking with projectiles but they often fall for it at least once for some reason.

Top Bottom