• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the anime crew thread PART 2: THE BOOTING

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
HELLO FRIENDS & WELCOME TO THE NEW ANIME CREW THREAD 2.0

at one point in time, this thread marked my very first interaction with the melb smash community at large. since then many moonz have passed, & anime crew has become lots more than just people playing melee in my house. actually, i don't even live in my house anymore! wow.

anime crew is now mainly comprised of many different ppl convening around a private IRC channel & forum. this is because i was booted out of my house in northcote by my stepfather. this happened because i had too many anime crews & they were just too huge. unfortunately i now live in my grandmother's backyard in a small studio, where it's very difficult to host anime crews. this means that for now, anime crew is on a long & intense hiatus. we are rebuilding the crew into something much, much huger than its original hugeness, but to do that, i first must rebuild a stable living for myself.

most of what i need to get back on my feet (house, furniture, job, etc) is already in my hands, & the only thing left to do is move out & set up a new venue for the new anime crew, which likely won't even be called anime crew, or will at least have a new logo.

special thanks to everyone who has helped me since the booting. whether it's through donations at the ac10 tournament in coburg or through just being a friend of the crew, it's all good stuff that will one day be put back into the community.

-richter, anime crew president

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
intrested, this is super close to me.

I shared a bed with mango how can you not select me

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
intrested, this is super close to me.

I shared a bed with mango how can you not select me
is that your regular line you use to impress post-documentary melee players?
im probably going to invite you because you knocked slop out of his 1st tournament in like round 5 after he'd beat enough scrubs to think he had a chance & he's salty as about it

also, for those why may be deterred by thursday's hot weather, my room has top quality air conditioning guaranteed to make your session as easy breezy as possible while keeping your fingers warm enough to play spacies. please put on deoderant before showing up because i'll need to shut the window, lol. i feel like that should be said to the smash community in general. i don't want to live in a room that smells like a smash tournament.

Last edited:

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
sheeeit i dont really live close but i'd be keen, need to play some more melee

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
sheeeit i dont really live close but i'd be keen, need to play some more melee
if you live on the hurstbridge or south morang train line, i'm a 10 minute walk from both northcote & dennis stations.

are you not impressed?
i'm picturing redact's heart skipping a beat. a little envious, but not impressed.

Anime crew vs HoC crew battle. U R Dun S0n.
lets ****ing go, bus confirmed for thursday? falcon dittos all around

Bu$

HoC
if you live on the hurstbridge or south morang train line, i'm a 10 minute walk from both northcote & dennis stations.

i'm picturing redact's heart skipping a beat. a little envious, but not impressed.

lets ****ing go, bus confirmed for thursday? falcon dittos all around
Na man working :( but i'll be sure to hit you up for some games when I'm free. ;)

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
How late does anime crew like to grind?
i can go until about 6-7am, big time chronic insomnia sufferer here. most of the crew usually conks out around 4:30am, while slop usually woozes out at around 2. he's been known to make comebacks after he's got some fuel in the tank, though.

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
allright cunce friends, pms are sent out to those without my address. show up at 4pm. those with my number just txt me to let me know you're on the way.

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
allrighty, the next sessions are on thursday, saturday & tuesday in that order. thurs/tues will feature the mythical, magical slop. aiden says he's got a few things up his sleeve to get people hype so once again, everyone interested, pls post! it turns out my surgery actually went incredibly well & i'm not really in much pain at the moment, so i'm feeling comfortable enough not to wait until the weekend.

Last edited:

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
if there's space i'd be keen for either saturday or tuesday

Splice

Smash Hero
they were just the 1st google results lay off
I noticed, my suspicions were erect aroused from the first one. The scores stand, you could've chosen this for posty and gotten 0 for that too so you did alright

Top Bottom